Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[ORP] Finding a Match Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:53 pm
Welcome to a combination ORP and contest!

With the recent announcement that the pride would be creating a new rank, the Matchmaker, it has to, of course, be decided WHO will be the new Matchmaker... And potentially who will apprentice!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm
Prizes

User Image User Image

There will be three prizes to this!

The first is the shiny new rank, Matchmaker! This one will be determined by your lion's ability to trace familial lines! This will require some research!

The second is the mother of the new Magistrate, Na-atesh. Whether she is his father's mate or not will be up to you and his owner to decide! (She is colored by Polette)

And the third prize is one of the cubs recently born to Soleil, a soldier, and Feuerblut, a Warden! (She is colored by Ecavi)

Both Hehewuti and the cub will be given out via raffle!

arrow You may only win one prize! So if you win the Matchmaker rank, you will be removed from the raffle for the other two!
arrow If you win the cub, please either quote or message Andranis with her name!
arrow Yes, you can enter this with your male lion! One of the brothers was almost the apprentice
arrow You WILL still need an RP for Hehewuti to get a cert! But she doesn't need a duel - The fact she has three grown children born to the pride is implication enough that she's won her duel! (You will also not need a joining post, as she was made for the pride)
arrow This RP will not count toward either her joining RP or future breeding

Motoujamii Lands

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:56 pm
Introduction

User Image User Image

"Mother, you really don't need to do this.."

"Of course I do!" The lioness, ghostly white with marks of red, looked before them at the lions gathering. While she had been unable to take the rank herself, Hehewuti had been tasked with selecting the new Matchmaker.

It had taken her some time to figure out how she'd do it, but the idea that prickled into her brain had been a glorious one. After consulting with the historians about the bloodlines, she had selected the names of four lions at seemingly random, all born within the pride's borders.

"You're all probably wondering just what the task at paw is, what you need to do... To become a Matchmaker." Her gaze swept over everybody, a glimmer in her eyes. "You see, my poor son... Has no fire!" She placed her paws on Na-atesh's shoulders.

Head lowering, Na-atesh's eyes closed and ears hung low as he grumbled, "Please don't use me for this.." His usually gruff attitude had melted away to embarassment at what he was being put through. Standing before a crowd of lions, speaking as a public figure, was one thing. Being used for his mother's task was an entirely different one.

She waved a paw. "Oh, hush hush." Her attention went back to the crowd. "I have selected the names of four lions, by careful deliberation with the Historians, and you must find a common ancestor between them at least two of them!"

Na-atesh let out a sigh at his mother, then turned to the gathered lions. "The lions in question for this are Umo'moto, Uruloke, Sendatzeko, and Uri'anik!" All four had blood ties within the pride, born and raised as anybody else of older blood. He just hoped whoever was up to the task was profficient.

Turning back to her son, Hehewuti gave his cheek a pat. "Maybe you'll find a mate while they're doing this!"

"Mother, no..."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:11 pm
User ImageSoleil was in the area when the word went out that the task of finding a matchmaker would soon begin. She was quite happy being a medic, but the thought of seeing such an important part of the pride's new history taking place would be something to see for sure! So off she went, trotting happily through the sands to the large group gathered around Na-atesh and his mother.

She set herself a bit to the side, not wanting to be confused for those that were actually taking the challenge. She tossed her head back a bit to remove her fringe from her eyes, bright green standing out against the dark pelt. Who would be the one to figure out the common ancestor? It was quite exciting!

[OOC: Please don't add me to the raffles, just here for the RP >W

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:22 pm
(Here for the rp, not seeking the rank)

User Image

Nkera stood at the edge of the small crowd, trying to look small and inconspicuous. He understood that such a large pride might require a certain degree of care regarding inbreeding but the idea of a matchmaking duty sounded absolutely ridiculous to his ears. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with this whole thing and it showed. Nkera was just waiting for the best moment to make a discreet escape.

"Absolutely ridiculous." He grumbled under his breath, taking one cautious step back as if being in close proximity to the speaking lion and lioness would somehow infect him with what he viewed as silly behavior. Not to mention how uncomfortable he felt being in a crowd with several females when the topic was matchmaking.

User Image

Baise did not share Nkera's opinion but she was just as uninterested in taking the new rank as one could be. After all, her litter had been carefully planned and raised for the sole purpose of creating more Hunters and Medics for the pride. She felt safe and secure in her chosen profession with absolutely no inclination - or aspiration - to make a change.

She might, however, consider employing the services of said Matchmaker. As far as she knew, her parents were new blood, with no ties to the pride. She would probably have no trouble finding a mate if she so wished but it might serve the pride better if she allowed the Matchmaker to make a pairing that would benefit the pride... or perhaps just point Baise in the right direction while giving plenty of options. Yes, that sounded better.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:01 am
Mogami

User ImageNow this would be interesting! A matchmaker could be really useful to avoid embarassing situations with umbu lionesses. Eld was also standing near the edge of the crowd and happened to stand close enough to hear Nkera's nearly silent grumbling.

"Oh, lighten up Nkera," Eld said with a grin to the fireless lion. "This means we can let someone else do the work, it'll be great!"

Eld expected to be a father some day. Find a nice old blood lioness to marry and have a bunch of feisty knee-biters. He didn't mind those joining as rogues, not at all. It was just... Not what he'd imagined. Besides, he'd rather not have to fight over the new arrivals.

"I bet it's Bodaway," Eld continued loudly, giving the other male a bump with his shoulder, "That's always a good guess. He's my grandfather so I have something like a ton of umbu cousins."

((Please don't make Eld matchmaker, it'd be a disaster!))  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:07 pm
User Image

(I want to be matchmaker!!! >> XD Obviously she can't right now. And if she gets to stay that is. )

Darting towards the gathering crowd of lions and lionesses she couldn't help but over hear there was a new rank coming to the pride and she was anxious to learn more about it. She might want to do that when she got older! As she pad through the large bodies she spotted a familiar guard from the other day and approached him with her head held high. "Hello again." She said to him as she grew close.

Mogami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:37 pm
AstoriaFallen
(Can I throw my cub in here? XD)

(Yes xD heart )

Letting out a light sigh, Na-atesh looked at the lions before him. He could hear some excited exclamations about having a Matchmaker, but nobody had yet volunteered. He let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead, then glanced up at Eld's exclamation. He'd give him that one, Bodaway WAS a very common ancestor for lions... How much had that old lion gotten around, exactly?

As if it might help with things, Hehewuti said, "Whoever becomes the new Matchmaker, you'll already be guaranteed an apprentice!" An apprentice that was, incidentally... Related to easily half the pride.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:58 pm
User Image Agni-hotra hadn't come to participate. Really, she hadn't! She had come for the spectacle, for amusement's sake, and she would claim so if asked. And while it was very amusing watching the pale Magistrate subjected to embarrassment at the paws of his mother, the longer she watched, it began to get a little, well...irritating. There was plenty of joking and complaining, but no one willing to step up and take the test. In a pride that valued boldness, it was ridiculous. Or, it could be that none of them actually knew, which was worrisome.

Hotra liked history. She had never pursued it as an occupation, as she also very much enjoyed the activity and physicality of being a guard, but the interest was always there. Maybe moreso than most, if the current crowd was any indication.

Finally, she grew tired of sitting and waiting, and let out an exasperated sigh. "Really? You could guess and..." This dissolved into a grumble and a shake of her head, followed by, "Everyone but Uruloke's related to Makadari, like half the damn pride, since some people just don't know when to stop. Speaking of which," she continued, clearing her throat, "Uruloke and Uri'Anik are related to Bodaway."

Rather than looking pleased with herself, Hotra simply glowered, lashing her streaked tail in annoyance.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:12 pm
Soleil watched as a few more lions joined, but they also didn't seem terribly keen on shouting out any names. Well, except one male. She chuckled at the mention of Bodaway - honestly, he probably was a common ancestor between at least two of those mentioned!

Finally a rather irate lioness spoke up. The medic gave a soft 'ooh' as she named a few lions, then smiled as Bodaway was indeed mentioned. What a guess from Eld!

"You seem to know your stuff," she said with a smile in Agni's direction. "I haven't a mind for stuff like that. It's impressive," she added, not wanting it to come off as if she were teasing the other lioness.

Meepfur

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:21 am
Annchen

AstoriaFallen

Nkera huffed but seemed to consider the argument for a few seconds. He supposed that it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities that he attempt to find a match... in a very distant future, hopefully. Firekin cubs were usually raised by their families and Nkera had no idea how a family unit was supposed to work - he'd been raised by the cub-sitters, after all.

"Well, I wasn't born in the pride. It's unlikely I actually have family here... So these concerns don't apply to me." There was a tiny smirk that quickly evaporated as soon as the small dark cub stepped closer to him.

"Oh, you." He said, slow and uncertain. He didn't know what she thought of him after his blunder the last time they'd met. At the very least he had to return her greeting. "Hello."

-----

"My parents were outsiders... so I guess I don't need to worry either..." Baise thought aloud and then looked at the other lions with an almost startled expression that was quickly replaced by an easy grin. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Or butt in." She'd done both, though.

"Oh, aren't you precious! You have lovely bone markings." She told the cub. "They will look quite striking when you're bigger." Now they just looked cute but that wasn't something most cubs wanted to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 am
Mogami

While he had given her some rather unfortunate news the other day she had decided that it wasn't his fault for thinking the way he did. She was still bound and determined to make her mark!

"Are these friends of yours?" He asked him looking around at the others that were in close proximity to him.

Suddenly a female voice spoke up and she was instantly aware of her markings. Turning to look at her hind leg she gave a smile towards the older female. "Thank you!" She said happy that someone noticed something other than her blue. "I think they'll make me look tough!" What did she know though? "I'm Sekhmet! What is your name?" She asked the lioness curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 pm
Mogami

AstoriaFallen

Eld nodded as Hotra stated the common ancestors. Sounded right to him, but he had never been able to memorize huge family lines. Some things he'd managed to snap up along the way, but he wasn't willing to work hard for it. There were other things he was better at. And luckily those who were interested in history and bloodlines would be able to help him if or when he needed it.

"You should worry at least a little bit," he said jovially, looking from the male to the female, "Or your kids will end up like me."

He looked down at the cub that had marched up to them. Sekhmet, huh? Pity she had all that blue on her.

"Hello there," he said.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:47 am
Annchen

AstoriaFallen

Under the pretense of considering Hotra's answer, Nkera waited perhaps a little more than it was polite as he glanced at Eld before answering the cub's question.

"I know Eld, we've sparred before. He's a Soldier." His eyes sought Baise next and he hesitated again, looking a little awkward. He rarely spoke to lionesses outside of his job and even then he was either fighting off odd-colored rogues or trading small bits of information with other Guards. "I don't know... uhm... you."

--------

"You will look fierce. A little soldier in the making, I see..." Baise said with a wicked grin, her eyes pointedly ignoring the cub's back and its blue swirls. "If you need some hunting tips, you can come to me. I will show you how to take down beasts twice your size."

She might need a little extra training, this one. She was always going to stand out and her fire was going to be constantly put into question - like Baise's still was at times, by the more traditionalist lions. But hey, sometimes anger burned cold, right? The girl - Sekhmet - would be fine. It was just a little bit of blue anyway.

"I'm Baise'huoyan. Just call me Baise." She said in answer to both Nkera and the cub. "Someone got the right answer, huh?"

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:44 am
Annchen

Mogami

She liked this female, she wasn't as condescending as Nkera had been. "Oh I'd love that!" She said excited to have made an adult friend. At least in her mind they were friends. "I want to learn all the things and be the best there is." She said proudly puffing her chest out to make herself look bigger. " Maybe we can do something after this Baise?" She wanted to learn some things now! Her little mind was racing.

She turned her gaze towards Nekra, "I like her. At least she thinks I have a chance." She said with a proud nod of her head. "Though I guess if I had been you I'd of assumed the same thing." My, wasn't she the little young adult in the making.  
[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff