Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[FIN PRP Sauti] The Kindness of a Merchant - Rham x Tumelo Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:33 am
"We're here, mother!" After weeks of traveling through Sauti, Tumelo and his mother had finally arrived on the boarder between his native country and the lush greens of the coastal country of Matori. Though he had never been here himself, he had read journal entries from his brother Lusala that talked about how pretty the view here was. The waterfalls that left Sauti and fell loudly into Matori were absolutely stunning. To him, it made the entire journey worth it!

"Why the hell did you bring me here?!" Tumelo's astonishment with the sights were stopped dead in their tracks as his mother hopped off the caravan they were riding and boldly stepped forward. One would not be able to tell she was blind from behind, not by the way she carried herself. She was not a curled up frail woman, but a woman who's body showed that she was a warrior through and through, an adventurer who never ceased fighting even after she was off the battle field and without her sight.

"I thought.. Well, you've never been here.. Right? Lusala said that it was amazing, and the fish that you can catch at the top of the waterfalls are the best in Sauti. And... And you can hear the rushing waters, right? I mean, it's.. .. I uh... It's exciting..." The young windling's voice trailed off as he averted his eyes off of his mother. Even blind, Lerato's gaze was able to intimidate her son just as easy as when he was a child. And ever since the loss of her husband, it felt like the gaze never knew any gentleness.

"Exciting? You think this is exciting? I can't hear a damned thing! And what good does fish do me when I can't even catch them on my own. What kind of place do you bring you BLIND mother? A place that is to be valued for it's beauty, and you know very well that to be the case!" There was a visable slump to Tumelo's shoulders as him mother began to list off all that was wrong with what he chose. He should have known this was a bad idea, and he berated himself internally over and over and over as his mother continued to complain. "And you smell that? That nasty stench from the dried fish tourists leave in the sun? It barely smells worst than the rags you wear! Make yourself useful and get some supplies. We're not staying here a moment longer than we have to!"

"But... But mom, don't you want to--"

"I swear, child, you say one more thing that isn't 'yes ma'am' you'll be finding yourself over the edge of the falls." Tumelo immediately bit his lip in silence. What more could he even do? If his mother hated it, then she hated it, and he had no choice but to comply..

Peppermint Coffee
biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:34 am
Rham pushed his bangs out of his eyes and looked around. The man officially decided to save his coin and get a freaking cart for his wares. Or at least a ride-able animal. Cloth was heavy when you carried it forever on your shoulders. Dang his small sprite being useless. Said sprite was currently on his head, snoozing in the sun and making Rham regret his life decisions.

He was traveling though Sauti to try to find the people who'd take the last of his summer cloth. Autumn was approaching and the colors and fabrics were going to change.

Someone's voice made him pause and look around. Someone was getting yelled at? Maybe a mother with her child, but there was a language you used! Could be an older child. Who knew. Rham shrugged a bit to himself and continued along the trails, winding and.. apparently coming closer to the voices. He thought he was going to be moving away from it. Now it was going to be awkward trying to avoid family matters.

Up ahead was a very clear Wind boy such as himself and what looked to be his mother. ....Who was now being fairly verbally abusive to the poor boy who looked like he was trying his best. Rham frowned a little. Sure it wasn't the best smelling place, but she didn't have to be so mean about it.

The older Wind male approached the younger and gave him an inquiring look.

"You okay?" He whispered, trying to make it so she wouldn't hear him. "You look... put out.."

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:06 pm
After having vented at her son enough to have sent him into silence, Lerato turned on her heel and headed back to their caravan to rest for a while. Tumelo hadn't brought himself to move yet. He was an older prentice! He shouldn't feel these tears pressing at the corner of his eyes after something as simple as being put down! But with it happening over and over and over again, it became harder to accept it. Nothing he could do pleased her! Nothing he could say or provide would ever make her happy... Maybe that really was just how his life was going to go now.

He probably would have stood there on the cold stones a bit longer if someone hadn't approached him. Blinking a few times to clear his eyes, the young windling looked up at the man who had some sort of creature resting on his head.

"I... I'm alright." Tumelo took a small step backwards from the man, uncomfortable at having been caught in such a vulnerable moment. From the looks of it, the man was a merchant of some sort, and it immediately caused Tumelo to attempt to put on a stern expression on. He truly disliked merchants and desired no pity from any of them.

"It's rude to eavesdrop on people's conversations, sir."

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:08 pm
The boy backed away from him and Rham didn't follow. His head tilted to the side and he frowned a little. "I wasn't.. trying to eavesdrop. Honestly, I was passing through to the next town to find an inn." He needed to restock, but that could weight if it meant potentially making someone happy. Or at least helping them out a little bit.

But the look on the face had changed and Rham didn't know what to think about that. "...Do you.. want to take a quick shot? Liquid courage, is what it's called." He fished out a brown glass bottle from his bag. The kid didn't look old enough yet, but a shot always helped. Not that Rham had become an alcoholic. He liked drinking after a long day. He uncorked it, and held it out to the other.

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm
Ah... The man had just walked up and managed to hear their conversation. It was entirely reasonable given just how loud his mother had been. Maybe in the end it was pretty kind of this merchant to have asked about his well being, though Tumelo had a real hard time trying to convince himself of that. There had to be something the man wanted. Then the bottle was was offered. And he knew what it was, and what it could do. The prentice have never considered the possibility of dipping into that kinda world, of alcohol, in his travels but if it did give him some courage.. Why the hell not?

After a few moments of hesitation, looking up at the man with a confused expression, trying to make sure it was alright, and one last look behind him to, he took a deep swig...

And Immediately began to cough. The liquid burned like nothing he had ever tried before, and he could feel a heat starting in the pit of his stomach!

"W-what was.." He struggled between coughs. "W-what the heck was that... It's like... Like liquid fire!"
Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm
Rham scratched his cheek a little as the other seemed to grab the bottle in hesitation. He was about to warn him that it burned when he coughed. Not wanting to waste the fluid, he grabbed the bottle, put the top back on, and pocketed it while grinning sheepishly.

"Uh. Whiskey, actually," he murmured. "Just a swallow'll do you good. It relaxes without ...really making you drunk or anything?" The peddler bit down on his lip and examined the kid before handing over a container of water. "Chase it with water. It'll ease the burn?" Well if Rham wasn't in favor with the gods before, corrupting a Prentice would definitely put him out of favor.

"So. You really are okay?"

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:10 pm
As soon as the water container was offered to him, Tumelo snatched it away, gulping it down in large heavy swallows. By the time he found himself satisfied, the water was near half gone, and a rather upset look was on his face.

"No, no I'm not okay... It was like you tried to set me on fire from the inside out! How cruel could you be...?" His words came out as a near whimper, his breaths were short and shallow. But did he actually feel better? Maybe a little bit. This certainly was a distraction.

"Who are you, anyway?" Now that he had calmed down from the whole ordeal he managed to compose himself and think of something other than the warmth in his belly. Offering the container back, he finally took a moment to look at the man, who he was, what he had. Damn, it was a merchant, wasn't it..?

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:01 am
Seeing how the Prentice downed half his water made Rham just grin even more sheepishly, even more wide than before. He tried to smother it when his demanding started. He tried to listen wit a straight face, but it was honestly super hard to do. He cleared his throat and just took a deep breath. Rham was finding all this hilarious and he didn't really want to make a potential new friend that mad at him.

"Rham," he said simply. "Just Rham. I'm a simple cloth peddler! Not... today. I need more wares, but what I do have is more early summer colors rather than getting into the fall we have.." He looked around at the scenery that was going to be changing drastically soon and just grinned. "My favorite time of year is approaching, Anyway.." He looked back to the other Wind boy and tilted his head to the side.

The water was retrieved and he just packed it up and put his hands behind him. "Who're you?"

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:38 am
Tumelo didn't know how to respond to all the smiling and struggling to hid the smiles. His own expression remained straight after his coughing calmned down, almost a little bored. This new person was a bit nice though, and smiles always seemed to be few and far between with the people that he met.

When mentioned that Rham was a merchant, the young Prentice couldn't help but scowl for just a moment before forcing his face to relax into his normal bored expression. He really couldn't bring himself to like merchants. Not after what they had done to his family, or what was left of it.

"Why does it matter what color your clothes are? You travel, you get dirty, everything gets bleached by the sun eventually. It seems like a waste to have colors for the seasons." Personally, he loved winter most. The world just seemed so much more quiet during that time. The oranges and reds of fall were still nice, and the food was great at that time too. Not that he'd be nice enough to share those thoughts.

"Tumelo. Son of Lerato, the woman who went to go rest." There was no need to tell him anything else. No courtesies required, no information need. Still, he didn't want the conversation to end just yet. He really did actually like the smiles, even if he was a merchant. "Why do you smile so much? Why did you try to see if I was okay?"

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:04 am
"Some people don't travel. I've seen mothers with dresses they pass down to daughters, so well taken care of..." Rham trailed off and then shook his head.

"Tumelo. That's a really cute name." It really was. There were such good nickname potential. Tummy, Tum-Tum, Tummers, Lo-lo... The list rolled on. The Wind boy crossed his arms and rested them against his flat stomach as he got asked the questions about himself.

Rham hadn't realized he'd been smiling a lot, honestly. His face went neutral and his head tilted to the side. He knew he had resting b***h face, so he smiled so people didn't think he was always made or judging them. After a few minutes of that, he answered the questions in the order they were given.

"Either way. Color is important. If you dress in certain colors and combinations, people perceive you a certain way. The clothes, fabric, color, shape, all that, is very important in someone judging you even if you don't talk. You always want to wear a flattering color and the latest patterns." At least, that's how Rham felt. "As for why I smile? I have ...what they call b***h face if I'm not smiling. Apparently I look upset or angry. So I smile to make people more comfortable. It also forces me to try to be in a better mood if I'm not in one.

"Which brings me to the last question you asked." He dropped his hands to his side and started to gesture as he talked. Talking with his hands, his patrons would say. "I stopped to see if you were okay because... I don't know. I know if I were in your position I would want to feel like someone cared? Even if it was a total stranger. Sometimes being asked if you're okay, or if there's anything someone can do makes you feel better, even if the answer to both of those is no."

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:26 pm
There were people like that? It was hard to imagine any type of mother other than his own. His mother was far more likely to hit him for incompetence than to give him any sort of treasure or keepsake, and dwelling on that couldn't help but make him see Rham as a liar. No mother was that kind.

Tumelo's ears quickly turned red as the man commented on his name. It wasn't cute. Not at all!

"It's not cute. It makes me think of a Melon that gives you a stomach ache. Too much melon." There were faint memories of being teased about that years ago, but his mother had him on the road for so long that it would difficult to pin down when and where exactly the teasing had even taken place. Not that it mattered... Not that anyone would remember him for any reason anyway.

After just a few seconds of prattling on about smiles and stuff, Tumelo zoned out, looking past the merchant to the waterfalls below. There was a brief flash of a thought before him, of how it would be like to jump off that waterfall, to just fall until the sea swallowed him whole and he was no more. He wouldn't be a burden on anyone else then. His mother could take care of herself, he was sure, and he wouldn't have strangers wasting their time on him. Speaking of which...

"Sir... I.. Um... You have been kind, and for that, I am grateful... But there is really no need to waste your time on a waif like me. If your fabrics and colors are so very important to you, I'm sure you would not wish to be seen with the likes of me for much longer." Thanks to the warmth of Sauti, there wasn't much of a reason for him to wear too much. His thin, sickly frame could clearly be seen as he wore no shirt, and his pants were a dull mossy green with various stains and tears in them. even the bags he wore about his hips were dingy and torn, barely clinging onto the boys narrow hips. Surely if they had been in any true town, shop keeps would shoo him away, thinking him nothing but a beggar. If it were not for the occasional portraits and gathered herbs he'd sell when they were in the town, he might as well have been.

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:40 am
Rham had to bite down on his lips a few times to sop from laughing as Tumelo explained what his name thought of. Blond and brown bangs were pushed out of his face as he relaxed more and then put his hands behind his back.

"I don't think that. I ... well, honestly, a lot of nicknames popped into my head, but we're not there yet. What with this being our first encounter and everything." Rham linked his fingers together, stretching his arms back behind him slightly and then straightened his back. Who knew walking all the time would make your back so sore?

So Tumelo was trying to make an exit? Rham frowned a little at that and just looked him from head to toe before shaking his head. "...Are you hungry?

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:41 pm
"Huh...?" Tumelo honestly had not expected the mention of being hungry. With such a look and head shake given to him, he just knew that the older man was judging him, but that was to be expected. Of course he was hungry, his thin belly always ached and screamed at him throughout the day, but it was a pain he had come to ignore. At the mention of being hungry, however, his stomach just cried out.

"I.. Yes, a little... Did... Um..." After having spoken such sob words to Rham, it felt awkward still standing there with him, but there was still no polite way to leave. "I have a coin or two... I'm sure that would be enough to buy a small loaf of bread or something to give my mother, if you wished company to the vendor."

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:15 pm
"How about I just treat you to stew in the inn I'm going to set up at? I'm pretty sure they'll serve a stew.." Rham shrugged a little and shifted his pack, weight settling on the other side of his hip. Cloth was heavy when it was carried all day. "Come on."

What the taller wanted to do was put an arm around the Prentice and guide him there. Something in Rham told him Tumelo wouldn't enjoy that. So he just headed down the road first, turning to see if the other was going to follow him. "If you're really going to take care of her, your mom.. You should take care of yourself, yeah? You have to be fed and healthy in order to take care of someone else."

Kapoodles

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:00 am
"You would really treat me... I.. I um... Thank you..." For as prickly as Tumelo was when it came to strangers, he wasn't going to turn down a meal today. Maybe it was the shot of whatever strange firewater he was given, or just the sweetness of the older man's smile, but he felt much more willing to accept his offer. But it would not be taken without contributing something.

"If you were to do that, could I maybe help you carry some of your fabric? It seems very heavy and uncomfortable, and If I could help... I would feel better about the meal." He could manage to carry a roll or two without stumbling, he was certain, but he still was dirty and ragged. The windling would understand completely if that alone was enough of a reason to deny his help.

Tumelo followed close on the heels of the merchant, turning back once to give the cart where his mother slept a quick glance. His eyes turned down in embarrassment when Rham pointed out a very true fact. If he was going to help anyone.. He had to help himself first. He didn't know why it was such a hard fact to grasp.

"I know... And I try... It's just far to easy to give what I have away. If what little I have can make a person happy, then I want to give them as much as I can."

Peppermint Coffee

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces