[PRP] Casual Patrol [Udayi & Dagr]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:32 pm
Dagr was in good spirits that morning as he began a steady walk away from the jungle and out towards the borders. Up until the last couple of weeks he had been regretting his choice about staying, but now he was starting to feel like it was the best decision he had ever made. All thanks to his brother, of course. If Kari hadn't beseeched him all that time ago he might be out there in the rogue lands all alone.

Today he'd been set the task of patrolling the northern border and it tended to be the more interesting patrol - seeing a lot more passing rogues than the others. Who knew what today might bring. A new friend. A foe to ward off. Or....perhaps something else entirely.

He gave an amused huff and hastened his pace.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:40 pm
Udayi was fairly comfortable in her new home now. She had her own den, she'd been swimming a few times, and her fur was even starting to get the trademark Bahari curl to it. She hadn't had any more visions of the sea, so she knew this was where she was supposed to be.

After exploring the jungles a bit, she decided to head to the borders to see just where the pride lands ended. The lioness wasn't too surprised to see Dagr after she walked for a bit. It seemed the red maned lion enjoyed looking out over the rogue lands more than he did poking around in the Bahari. Still, she couldn't blame him. That was exactly how she had been before leaving the Pridelands.

"Hey," she called out as she trotted over to her friend, a grin on her face. "Looking a bit lonely out here on your own. Mind if I join?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:47 pm
He turned to look at her, a gleam in his eye. It seemed that she had done well to capture hearts of the Bahari lions, so far. "Not at all," he replied, stepping aside so that she could come up alongside him. "Looks like you've settled in well. If you ask me, living near the sea suits you." The air had started to put a curl or two in her fur and it was more than a little attractive.

"So," he continued, "what are your plans for today? Other than distracting me, of course. You'll get me into trouble, you know."

Hm, maybe they would come across a troublemaker and he could use the opportunity to show off a little. He couldn't continue with his tough guy image if there were no chances to prove that he could fight off intruders.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:41 pm
Udayi snickered softly as she bumped against the male. "It's always trouble with you. Telling me not to cause trouble, saying you cause trouble, now pinning the blame on me if you get in trouble...I'm starting to see a pattern."

She gave a little hum as they walked, thinking about what her day had consisted of so far. Not much, to be honest. She'd gotten up, enjoyed a drink from the river, and then headed out here. The rest of the day was as clear as the sky.

"Not sure. It's been pretty dull so far, hopefully you can liven it up for me."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:50 am
He laughed, amused at her observation and how true it was, "don't pretend you don't like it."

He glanced across at her from the corner of his eye, the smile lingering on his face. This would be a good day, he thought. Patrolling out here with this female who had so enamored him. "I'll do my very best," he continued, "I'll think of something."

----timeskip---

"...it was a pretty even match but, against me, it was only a matter of time before he had to admit defeat. Other predators never seem to learn that they'll never beat a lion. Still, it was good training." Dagr finished with his - slightly - exaggerated story of how he had fended a vicious hyena away from the borders. "Not really run into any trouble since that day, though. Bit of a shame, really. It's good to be kept on your toes."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 am
Udayi walked with Dagr as they patrolled the border, his stories eating up the time. It was fun to listen to his tales and heroics of defending the pride, even if some of them might have been a little made up.

"I'm glad we have someone as rough and tumble as you keeping us safe," she said with a fond smile as she bumped against the male. "Even if you're bored most of the time. Maybe I can patrol with you and catch one of these heroic battles at some point so you can prove you're not just all trouble."

She wiggled her brows before laughing and trotting off ahead of him, glancing over her shoulder to see if he'd follow.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:00 pm
"Ah, I can safely saay that my days are not boring when you're here, Udayi." He returned, sidling closer, "You're welcome to join me any time you like. I get to have you all to myself, then. Sharing isn't much fun."

As she trotted ahead, he quickened his pace, chasing after her. His heart leaped when she glanced back and, with an extra burst of speed, he was back at her side, leaning in to nudge his head against her side. "I'm not the only troublemaker here. You're a tease and you know it."

Daring, he leaned in again and rubbed the top of his head against her neck. "I can't help but get the feeling that you're playing me," he half-joked, "but I'm not going to say that I mind in the slightest." On the contrary, he rather liked it. She really did put colour into the day when she was around. "So," he continued, "am I wrong?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm
Dagr's reaction to her teasing made her laugh, leaning against the male with a grin. His questions about her teasing made her grin and bat her eyes at him. "Perhaps I am," she replied, leaning in quickly to bump her nose against Dagr's before darting off again.

"Or perhaps I'm just trying to get you into trouble since you keep talking about it but I have yet to see any!" she called out with a laugh, flicking her tail to catch him under his chin before she got out of reach. Flirting was fun. It was something her father had passed down without realizing it. But this was a bit more than flirting, if she was honest with herself. Dagr - and Kari, she had to add mentally - had worked their way into her heart very quickly. Being around both brothers got her blood pumping and her stomach twisting. Dagr offered that exciting, joyful experience that she always loved. He kept her on her toes and was far more comfortable about being forward as he just had been. She liked being the chaser, but she also enjoyed being chased. He seemed to be game to hunt her down.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 am
She slipped out of reach and he pushed himself forward again, loping after her through the long grass, forgetting about his duty. Forgetting about his troubles. For the moment it was just him and her. It was probably a little too soon to say that he loved her - he didn't much believe in that whole 'love at first sight thing', but there was something in him that said he wasn't far off.

He'd learn, soon enough though, that love was a complicated thing indeed.

"You can run as fast as you like, Udayi, but I will catch you," he grinned, calling out to her, "I'll leave it up to you to judge whether it's trouble or not."

And, with an extra burst of speed, he pounced after her, intending to roll them both across the ground.

SilverLutz
sorry for double quote. I added a bit on the end to make it better, my first attempt was rushed before I went camping!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 am
"Oh, I'm sure you will," she said with a little laugh of her own, grinning over her shoulder at him. He caught up fairly quickly once he started trying to catch her. The pounce by any normal means would have been easily avoided, but Udayi didn't want to slip away. She rolled as she hit the ground, throwing her weight a bit to push off with her shoulder so when they stopped, she lay atop the male with a smug grin.

"It's always trouble with you, I've decided," she said, reaching down with a paw to smush his face a bit, playfully batting at his mane. "But you know what? Life's boring without trouble now and then, so I'll happily accept it."

This pride really was the best, she thought to herself as she continued to lounge on Dagr. It was beautiful, much less crowded than the Pridelands, and she had two twins to flirt with. Ah, life was great.

Kimaria
No worries!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:07 pm
The ground hit him harder than he had expected, leaving him needing to catch his breath. Then he opened his eyes and looked up at her and he needed to catch his breath for a whole different reason. With a contented purr, he allowed himself to relax and enjoy this sudden closeness that he found himself in.

Patrol forgotten momentarily, he leaned up to nuzzle up against her neck and chin, inhaling deeply.

He was glad she had come to join him, today.

SilverLutz
And fin! (:

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces