Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:23 pm
The entirety of Civisect had become a sprawling highblooded metropolis practically overnight relative to the sweeps it spent a desolate, beachfront ghost town. Ruins and shanties were replaced by skyscrapers and high-rises. Empty fields became meticulously manicured parks. Any and all collateral damage from the "incident" sweeps prior was simply an excuse to build a new version that was bigger, better, and above all, bluer than before. One of the most condensed examples of gentrification was the Civisect Mall. Once it was the go-to establishment for local trolls in need of, well, pretty much anything. Now it catered to local trolls in need of anything that had a lot of beetles to burn. Quality and quantity resided in equal measure beneath the enormous glass skylights that surrounded the dozens upon dozens of high-end shops.

Even the higher blood colors resigned themselves to window shopping the clothing, technology, and weaponry boutiques. The far more patronized establishments were the restaurants, which ran significantly cheaper than state-of-the-art alloy blades and spider silk capes. During the high point of the night, the cafes bustled with trolls treating themselves to delicate pastries and multi-syllabic beverages. For trolls on a budget, whipped cream and sprinkles was a nice way to join in on feeling just a little bit fancier.

Only Micillia, Green Minuet, and blackbird cake may post in this thread. Please quote the mule when the growth is complete.

Micillia

Green Minuet

blackbird cake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Caiden wiggled enthusiastically as he ogled the pictures of the various drinks this particular cafe offered. He lifted his hand to point at one that looked especially enticing when he caught sight of the string around his finger. "That's right," the orangeblood though to himself as he examined the bright red string. "Camodad said I can't get anything that costs more than this number." Caiden turned his hand over to reveal a number he had written on his hand in bright blue marker. The boy looked back up at the drink he had been eyeing. Nope, that one was not okay, definitely above the number Caiden had written on his hand. The boy looked down towards the bottom of the page. Finally he found a few that were in his price range. "What do you think, Autumn? I can get any one of these ones!" Caiden pointed to a small selection of drinks, much less elaborate than the ones higher up, but the boy did not seem saddened by this fact. "Let's see," He continued, "This one has sprinkles and whipped cream, this one has whipped cream with snarkle-berries, Oh! This one has arange slices! Those are my blood color! Maybe I should get that one then. What are you thinking of getting Autumn!?"

Green Minuet

blackbird cake

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:30 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Autumn basked in the mall's atmosphere, feeling at home in the high-end society. The shops, the merchandise, the architecture, the fashion, even the people. They boasted of unapologetic grandeur. It was a sharp contrast to her shoddy state of living back at the swamp. Not to say that she did not love the outpost and all the trolls in it. She loved them as much as she could. After all, they had made a life without prejudice possible for her. However... at the same time... Autumn had tried and tasted a classier lifestyle. Going back to something less, it was hard not to harbour a little resentment. She had never asked to be an outlaw. So why should she have to live like one?

In some other time, some other place, she envisioned herself as just another one of Civisect's inhabitants, strolling down to the mall for just another night of shopping. She had all the latest technology, and wore—no—set the latest fashions. Occasionally a passerby would recognise her, and ask her for advice or maybe even offer to take her out for a drink. Of course, Autumn would be happy to oblige.

She could not wait to grow up.

All of a sudden, Caiden's voice cut through her thoughts and Autumn roused from her daydream. She eyed the menu, and where he indicated near the bottom. Her pumpbiscuit fell. It had been terribly sweet of Caiden to offer to take her out, but he fell a bit short in what he could procure. She should not have expected more from him, considering his blood hue and what that afforded him, but still... It was a good thing she had brought beetles of her own.

“Hm, well...” Her wings fluttered. Normally she concealed them on her outings to avoid any negative attention, but tonight she displayed them proudly. Since she had begun to spend time out with Caiden, she had been emboldened enough to exhibit them without hesitation. She tapped higher up on the menu. “I was looking at the razzberry infused latte. It is on the spendier side though...” Her voice trailed and she bit her lip, sharing just enough of her disappointment to make an impact.

Suddenly she lit up. “Oh, I have an idea! We could pool together our beetles and order something really nice. Then we could share it? What do you think?” She leaned in towards him, wearing a playful smile. “Experience what it's like to live lavishly, hm~?”  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Caiden opened his mouth to say something, but Autumn's tone made him hesitate. "Shes is disappointed" Caiden suddenly realized. He looked down at the string on his finger, frowning. What would really happen if he spent too many beetles? CamoDad would be upset, but was there any real problem with it? Caiden knew his paints and art supplies required beetles, but he could go without new stuff for a while, right? I mean, it was for Autumn. He didn't need to finish the troll high mural he was working on in the park. It would still be there next full moons.

Caiden was lost in his thoughts when Autumn lit up and suggested they share a drink. Always chipper Caiden's own face lit up, "That would be GREAT! The raspberry one right? Oh it really IS pretty! Yeah! Lets do it!!" Caiden jumped off of the trendy stool he had occupied, and looked over to the line where drinks and food were being ordered. He looked back at Autumn and raised his hands in excitement. "Would you like me to go get it? You look so comfy there! And im already up, see?"

Caiden went up to the front counter, and discretely as a rainbow clad troll can in a sea of monotone, he slid over to the display case. Inside were decadent pastries and cakes, all with lavish arrangements on them. Caiden scanned the case. He wanted something would really make Autumn feel special. Caiden's eye's fell upon an elaborate piece. Yes, that was the one. The brownblood had to slap a hand over his mouth to stifle the squeal of joy he uttered. He was so excited to see the look on her face when it showed up.

When the brownblood finally got through the line he returned to the table that Autumn was sitting dreamily at. "Okay!! They said it will be just a few minutes!" The boy wiggled in his seat in excitement. He wanted the dessert to how up now so he could see her reaction.

Green Minuet

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Before she could object, the rainbow clad orangeblood had jumped to his feet and had dashed over to the counter to place their order. Autumn rested her chin on her hand, smiling. While Caiden may have been clumsy and immature, he certainly did not lack enthusiasm. His naiveté was charming even. Thoughtful, Autumn twirled a lock of hair around her finger.

Suddenly she heard an irate squeak from beside her. She glanced over to see Caterpal flashing his tail in a boorish manner. Autumn tutted in reply. “Don't worry. I'll share with you too.”

Caterpal flashed his tail again. That was not what he was concerned about.

Autumn pursed her lips. “Jealous still?” she asked. She raised her eyebrows, expression coy. Caterpal merely turned away from her. Autumn imagined that if he were a troll he would have sat there, arms crossed and sulking.

“Oh Cat!” She exclaimed, scooping him up. “Don't be like that! You know you're irreplaceable.” The lusus faltered. He did not attempt to escape her grip however. His tail stammered out a message.

Really! Autumn continued. “You're my number one.” She winked. “Now pipe down. Caiden's coming back, and I don't want him to feel awkward. You can play nice for me, can't you?” As the grub nodded, Autumn placed him back on the table. She turned to Caiden with a winning smile.

“Thank you again for taking me out,” she said, as the boy seated himself. “Have you been to this part of Civisect before?”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Caiden couldn't keep the grin off his face. Autumn looked like she was having fun, and she thanked him for taking her out! It was a great day, with a great friend! Caiden looked out the window next to their table and waved at CamoDad. The reptile was lounging in the sun half way up a building, one eye on his boy, the other swiveling around rapidly, taking in all the commotion of the city. Caiden's attention snapped back to his guest as the winged troll asked him a question.

"Oh!! Well yeah, sort of! Ive been a few blocks over at least, this is my first time in this shop exactly. That place i had been too, the one a few blocks down, it has a PAINT SHOP! Its got more than just paint tho! I don't think ive ever seen so much art stuff in one place before! I didn't buy any paints, a friend told me that they can be bad for the environment, so i got chalk instead! Chalk is great! You can~" The rambling continued. Caiden watched Autumn, trying to make sure she was enjoying the conversation at least. The drink arrived first, and Caiden looked around expectantly for the desert as well. "Maybe that one takes longer?" The brownblood thought to himself as he tried not to keep looking up each time the waiter walked by. "Uh Yeah! So i kinda know this place! But, what about you Autumn? Have you been here before? It so looks like the kind of place you would hang out!" Caiden finally quieted down, taking a sip of the beautiful drink. Then the brownblood looked down at the drink. There was only one straw. "Ah! Um! Uh, i should go get another straw!" The brownblood flustered.

Green Minuet

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:44 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Holding laced fingers under her chin, Autumn listened to Caiden ramble, wearing a polite but content smile. As he went on however, she found herself getting caught up in his enthusiasm and began to laugh, a genuine sound. “You've told me before,” she said, voice teasing. She cocked her head and adjusted her posture to match. “Still, it's a shame that all of it has to come down. We should take some photos some time.”

Out of the corner of her eye, Autumn saw a barista approaching their little table. She looked over in time to see them pause, and announce the name of the drink. Autumn nodded. “Right here,” she replied, lifting her elbows off the table to make room. The barista set the drink down, then turned, and whisked away. Autumn looked back at Caiden.

“Mind if I...?” she began. The orangeblood did not object. Autumn wrapped her fingers around the cup, enjoying the feeling of warmth between them. Then she took a sip from the straw: hot but delicious and definitely sweet. Just what she had been looking for. Suddenly Caiden turned the conversation towards her. Autumn finished swallowing and pushed the cup towards Caiden. “Try some!” she interjected before answering.

“I haven't been to the mall since the white tuskbeast actually. It's a bit far from home for me. It's really lovely here though.” She let out a sigh, tracing a circle over the table. “I wish I could go out like this more often.”

As she spoke, she could not help but notice that Caiden appeared to be preoccupied by the drink—or rather the single straw. Her grin grew mischievous. “Don't be silly! We're sharing!”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Caiden exclaimed as Autumn suggested taking pictures of his work. "What a GREAT idea Autumn! Then i wouldn't have to be sad when something happens to them! And then ide be able to see-" Caiden suddenly blushed as Autumn offered him the drink. Caiden twiddled his fingers as Autumn pushed the drink his way. He watched her as she talked in her wishful dreamy way. Oh how he wanted to make her happy. "I! I! Ill take you out Autumn! ANYTIME YOU WANT!" Caiden exclaimed, conscious of the hot blush on his face. He raided his arms, indicating everything around the two trolls. "We can come here ALL THE TIME if you want!" It was then that the brownblood's arms bumped the drink. In slow motion the drink fell from its perch on the table, its soft whipped cream seeming to hover as the glass fell faster than the liquid it was holding. Caiden felt the pit of his stomach drop as the glass made a shattering sound, spilling the contents Autumn was so happy to have received all over the floor. Caiden was frozen. His mind was blank, empty with panic.

Green Minuet

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:28 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Autumn saw the brownblood's arms flail dangerously to the drink. She sat up in her seat. “Caiden, be care...” she began. She spoke too slow. The back of the boy's hand smacked into the glass. The drink tumbled over the side of the table, and the glass followed. Autumn heard the sound of shattering glass a half second later. “...ful...” she finished with a sigh.

“You're not hurt, are you?” she asked, looking the brownblood over. He seemed to be fine, if a little shaken. Shaken was a bit of an understatement. Autumn hopped down from her seat, wings fluttering. “Don't worry. I'll get someone to clean this up and make us a new one.” She winked. Then without further ado, she whisked away.

There were a couple of trolls waiting in line to place their order, but Autumn stepped around them, cutting in front of a blueblood who looked to be around her age. “Excuse me,” she said as she passed. “I'll be just a moment.” She offered the girl one of her winning smiles, and then immediately turned her back to her, to address the cashier.

“Sorry, but there's been a bit of an accident...” she began.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 pm
    Malice frequented this cafe when she needed to do her shopping in Civisect. Luckily enough for her, Dragondad's size prevented him from entering buildings, and having all the places she needed to hit in one setting under one roof meant she had quite a bit of time to herself.

With loud music coming from the spongeclot buds she wore, she reluctantly waited her turn, arms folded while tapping a boot in agitation. The busy cafe proved to eat up too much of her time already, having Malice adopt a sour attitude and feed a growing impatience. At last, the troll before her finished up their transaction. However, before she could pull a bud from her spongeclot, someone seemed to flitter in the space between her and a much needed double shot expresso.

She uttered a few words Malice could not hear, nor did she care to, and flashed what Malice read as a complacent and challenging grin. Ripping out one earbud, the blueblood burned a hole in the back of this cutter's head, then to a prominent pair of mutations attached to their back. Her lip twitched into a scowl and she violently tugged out the second.

"There's been an accident-" A rigid hand reached out and seized her shoulder.

"The only "accident" here is some ignorant puffball's hatching." Malice hissed, grip tightening two-fold. "One who has the gall to cut me in line." Then, with full force, she swivelled the girl to face her all the while keeping a firm hold. Autumn would be greeted by Malice with a snarl and wild eyes that looked her up and down with disgust.

"Huh? Just what is so important?"

Micillia

Green Minuet

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Before Autumn could finish, another voice interrupted and spoke over her. She felt a hand on her shoulder. The next second, she found herself spun to face the blueblood behind her. The girl wore an unpleasant expression, vicious and decidedly feral. Her body was taught with anger. She seemed... annoyed. Autumn resolved to maintain her composure.

Never losing her smile, Autumn reached up to extract her shoulder from the blueblood's grip. She made sure to hold the other girl's gaze, unflinching. “I beg your pardon,” she began, “But do you think you could release me? I said I would only be a moment.”  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:54 pm
    A few huffs of disbelieving laughter came as a response to the yellowblood's words; the blueblood's grip only further tightened, her knuckles turning white. Really, truly amazing. A lowblooded brat attempting to cut her in line and then try and wiggle their way out of it with smiles and false ignorance to bypass her question. But then her matched gaze suggested a challenge of authority. The corners of Malice's mouth turned upwards, revealing two rows of sharp teeth.

"Well! Since you asked so nicely." Her hands relinquished the yellowblood's shoulders if only within the blink of an eye, then she immediately grabbed the girl by the shirt. Dragging the smaller child away from the counter, Malice then suddenly shoved her backwards and away out of the line. "I really don't know who you think you are-" Voice raising, Malice shadowed the stumbling girl. Wary glances from bystanders went completely unnoticed and her spot in line no longer mattered. "- But! Maybe I should remind you what your lusus obviously must have failed to teach you for you to be so inept on how this works." Malice's unwavering gaze burned into Autumn as she loomed over her. "I asked you a question." Her voice became dangerously low.

Micillia

Green Minuet

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Caiden watched the scene unfold, and as if in slow motion he saw Autumn get pushed back, and onto the ground. A high pitched scream sounded, and Caiden's brain only belatedly realized it was him who had screamed. The boy ran forward, watching his friend, and wishing desperately that he were closer to her, to catch her, to save her! Too late and too slow, he finally arrived at Autumn's side, tears he didn't know he had wept dripped down his cheek as he hovered over the yellowblood. "Autumn! AUTUMN!" Caiden squeaked. He turned as the assailant said something else, and he locked eyes with the girl, taking in the almost purple hue on her shirt. The boy's body froze, as he remembered another incident that had purple and pain combined, and he moved to clutch his precious friend closer.

Green Minuet

blackbird cake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:22 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Autumn had never been handled so roughly before. Nor had she been more aware of highblood privilege than she was now. She stumbled from the shove, only just keeping her balance. For a moment, her pump biscuit quivered in fear. Then she felt Caiden behind her, followed by an angry squeak of her lusus. Autumn steeled herself and stood a little straighter. She had grown accustomed to getting her way, and tonight would be no exception.

“In case you didn't notice,” Autumn began in a voice that was sickeningly sweet, “there's currently a bunch of shattered glass scattered across the floor. I thought it best to have it swept up before someone got hurt. I figured were capable of waiting a few more seconds in line while I had that taken care of. Unless of course you'd like to get a broom and do it for me.”

Nevermind the worker behind the counter that had already grabbed a broom and dustpan. They froze, watching the scene with horrified fascination. Autumn meanwhile kept her eyes on the blueblood, poised with calm derision. She paid no attention to Caiden as he clung to her, except for to secure his hand in her own.  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:25 pm
    Even though Malice received an answer, the yellowblood's tone and refusal to back down increased her aggravation. Within just a few seconds, Malice had sized up the scene around- the worker with the broom, the shattered mess of glass and liquid on the floor not too far away, some pathetic lusus she wished she could squash with her boot, and the sudden presence of a new face. Her trail of vision descended down to their hands clasped tightly. Support? Her blood boiling over within, yet there was a striking contrast to the blueblood's outer appearance in response. Cool and collected. The blueblood's brows raised for a moment, and she let out a troubled sigh. All decisions had consequences, and Malice would be sure to give this pesky yellowblood and her companion a serious reminder.

"All right." Turning, Malice walked eerily calm towards the worker, who in turn seemed paralyzed by the situation. Without asking, she snatched the broom from their hands and gave them a dirty look, before returning just as relaxed, dragging the broom on the floor. As she neared the duo, her face suddenly tensed into bared teeth and wild eyes. In one swift blow, Malice brought the stick end of the broom across the brownblood's face, and then another violent jab to the abdomen.

"Oh, look. Seems as if despite your sincere efforts, someone got hurt. How unfortunate. Maybe next time you will consider your tone before you speak to your superiors. Now-" The broom clattered before the two lowbloods loudly. "Clean the glass up yourself, before I rub that damn mouth of yours in it." The bitter end to her sentence had been directed towards Autumn Vikare. Her shoves were simple warnings, and now Malice felt maybe, just maybe, this mutant lowblood would get it.

Micillia

Green Minuet

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas