Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:53 pm
User Image

It had been some time since he had stopped by the Ulili-mlindaji and been disappointed to find there was no shrine for him or Dali. Or really anybody he knew at all except for Dalila's mother, which had been interesting enough. He hoped it would be a more interesting visit today, though. They'd had time, if they didn't have a shrine for him yet, he might have to build one himself and convince someone around here to Keep it. Only after he made sure his lady had a shrine first, of course.

"This way," he murmured, weaving through the trees carefully and trying his best to recall the path he had taken before. His memory was pretty good thanks to the constant presence of his mate (he had to keep up, at least in this life!) but it had been one visit so long ago.

Windo, Uhaijizi's favoured hunting companion, was flying high above the trees and watching out for clearings and signs of the pride. They were definitely in the right area, but on the fringes. There was still a ways to go to get to the shrines, and they'd probably run into a guard before that happened. He'd just have to spot them before they spotted his gods.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:05 pm
User Image

Dalila'abadi weaved along behind Uhai amused, she often loved allowing him to recall memories naturally so they found themselves in interesting situations. She knew the presence of her spores could bring up memories forgotten, but sometimes life was just more fun with the unknown! Dalila found herself sometimes figuratively forgetting to stop and enjoy each new experience, he was always a good reminder about how wonderful the world was. He always seemed to know where things were and what direction to go anyway.

"Do you think there will be shrines this time?" she mused aloud while stepping over tree roots. This place was unfamiliar meaning she hadn't ever been here before. "I hope they would put us near each other." She wondered what the keeper would be like that tended to her shrine and if she would be able to meet them.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 pm
"We'll move them, if we have to," he said with a toothy grin to his mate, "If any of them paid any attention at all when I was here last, they'd know to."

Uhai liked mortals, and he liked this particular pride an awful lot for the potential they had. Followers were important to any god, even if simply co-existing with one's domain could be enough for most. He stopped walking and took a look around- he'd been relying on his memory and he knew this area was familiar enough that he was on the right track.. but he took a moment to stop and really look and really take in the scents around him.

They were definitely close.

"If we keep going in this direction, we might actually get to your mum's shrine first," he said thoughtfully.

Windo sighed and swooped down in a small circle when the movement below him stopped. He had gotten a bit farther ahead of them now, but this happened every once in a while when they chose to walk instead of fly. It made more sense when they were intentionally trying to interact with a pride but Windo, of course, preferred when they were all flying.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:33 pm
Dalila loved Uhai for his straight forward, assertive, personality and this statement hit her as particularly funny and she chuckled lightly. Of course they would move them, why not!

"I wonder who does the up keep for them," She hoped they were there, the very idea of this pride was so intriguing, there were mortals that went their entire lives never meeting a God and this pride had enough faith in something that they kept shrines and spoke of them, that seemed like enough to keep some gods going by belief.

"Mom's shrine," Dalila pondered about what a shrine of souls should look like and hoped that it was as beautiful as she was.

"I think we're making Windo impatient," She said loud enough so that the bird could hear. She loved to fly, but you experienced the world differently on foot.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:44 pm
Uhai glanced up at the remark about making Windo impatient, snorting at the suggestion-- but seeing just how low he had fallen and knowing she was right.

"That feathery b*****d can wait," he said, also loud enough to be heard, "Or he can scout ahead and let us know when we're run into a guard."

He had been impressed with his first visit but so far, it was quiet on this side of the pride. They couldn't be everywhere at once, and he hoped it was a sign they lived a nice, peaceful life.

"The Keeper at your mum's shrine was a wild dog, actually," he said, starting to move again and chatting at a more reasonable volume, "The young lady who showed me around wasn't a lion, either. But the guard I saw was. I think this place has a good variety."

Windo gave a screech of displeasure at the unkind words Uhai had for him and, shaking his head, headed back into the sky to look around again- up, up, up.. but there wasn't a whole lot to see when the two gods were focused on one particular thing. Perhaps he really ought to fly again. Find a shrine and sit there, waiting for them to find him.

Uhai probably wasn't smart enough to play along but Dalila would be.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:55 pm
"Oh, I love wild dogs," to be quite fair there wasn't a species that Dalila didn't love, their lives were interesting to watch and remember.

"You don't think the guards will give us trouble do you? A pride devoted to Gods keeping them out seems silly." Although they would need to keep themselves safe.

Dalila frowned slightly as she watched Windo fly away, "We'll catch up to him, we're probably boring him." She knew the bird loved when they all flew together, she loved it too, sometimes feathered wings felt strange though, her translucent wings felt more natural. She once debated appearing as a dragonfly but thought perhaps a bird would eat her.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:04 pm
"Me too," he agreed with another toothy grin, "They're so small but so tall.. and they're pretty well organized hunters! But that's as a pack, I wonder how they manage in a mixed group like this. How any of them manage."

He hadn't thought to ask too many questions about all of that on his last visit. Mixed company was all well and good but how did they combine hunting strategies? He'd have to ask now that it was on his mind.

"I don't think we'll run into any trouble, they were very respectful on my last visit," he said, "And it'd be weird if they changed that."

He'd been very nice to them!

He didn't comment on Windo's decision to fly away.

Once he was much higher up, Windo settled into a lazy soar as he followed along with the barely visible signs of his gods far below. He knew what direction they were headed, he didn't need to pay too much attention. And now that he was this far up, he could see an awful lot more. There was more activity in the trees ahead, but he doubted it was lions. Birds. Maybe small ones.. he'd have to fight the urge to hunt, it wouldn't do to kill someone's companion in the midst of a pride.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 pm
"I never thought of that before," she looked surprised and happy, see new things happened all the time! She thought over the different styles of hunting. She relied on Uhai to be the one to hunt, although she enjoyed hunting now and again. The thought that it would be hard for them canines and felines hunting seemed like an interesting question to ask.

"They wont be the first shrine keepers, but they certainly will be new to me. New memories to make."

"Peaceful shrine keepers, I wonder if we'll bump into anyone we know." she wondered where her siblings were, if her mom or her mother's new children ever ventured here.

Dalila picked up her pace eager to see the shrine for souls and to see her own shrine.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:27 pm
"Maybe," he said, "You'd think this place would be crawling with gods looking for a little extra attention but it seemed like I was a rarity when I showed up. Maybe we could even stick around for a bit, I wonder how they'd actually handle that."

He chuckled. Worshiping a deity from afar was one thing, having a couple up close and personal like this was something else. Probably more awkward because they were pretty similar if a god didn't feel inclined to cause trouble.

Windo kept his eyes ahead of them and then slowly began to spiral downward back to his gods. He could have gone off to hide from them but he didn't, they were almost there. Luckily, chatting as they were, they would hardly appear threatening.

"You've been noticed," he called from just above the tree line, not caring to fight his way through to get closer to them or if anybody heard him, "We're just about there."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:36 pm
"I think we should stay around here, I like the trees, and talking to mortals about gods is always interesting," Dalila beamed at the idea. The trees made her feel safe, they kept their own memories hidden inside their trunks layers upon layers that represented the years.

At Windo's words she could barely contain her excitement and wanted to be able to see what was ahead, with a little pop she turned into a small blue song bird and fluttered upwards to find Windo and to see who had noticed them. She was too enthusiastic to wait.

"Race you there, Uhai!" She called, knowing that he wouldn't be able to turn down the challenge.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces