Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands
[PRP] Gathering materials (Giza'kuni & Na'al)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:05 pm
User ImageGiza sighed as she continued to paw around a bit in the pride lands. She didn't particularly like being in this pride, but as a carrier, she knew that she couldn't go out and spread it to others. Unlike some in the pride, she didn't feel particularly "blessed" to be here and was more interested in finding a cure for the disease rather than just living with it.

However, it was slow going for her. No one really wanted to volunteer to be experimented on by her with possible cures, though really it was just watching various reactions with the ingredients she gathered. Although she mostly followed what she had been taught, she also liked to see the effects that happened to others with different ingredients. She knew that she needed to avoid some things as they were poisonous to their kind.

So here she was, once again trying to gather the basic materials needed for regular care and random ones for her own interests.

mouselet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 pm
User Image

More than ever, Na'al found it necessary to understand the various duties of each and every rank in the pride. She'd spent time with the Healers, and now it was time to further her understanding. It had been suggested to the Heiress that she speak with Giza'kuni. After a couple wrong turns, she'd finally found the older lioness.

"Giza'kuni?" the navy female called out as she came near. She didn't know this particular lioness on sight, and wanted to be sure she'd found the right one. "I was hoping I could help you out today, and learn a bit about what you do as an Apothecary."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:18 pm
Giza was a bit startled by the name calling, and quickly lifted her head to see who had been calling her. She looked around a bit and saw a lioness whom she barely recognized as some sort of important figure or something. She didn’t really remember, she didn’t pay much attention to any of the politics going on around the pride. None of them involved trying to find a cure so she didn’t pay attention.

However, she nodded her head to show that she was willing to talk to the lioness. It seemed that she wanted to see what apothecary’s did for the pride. “All right, but it may not be that interesting. Lots of gathering materials and such, which is why I’m out here.” She replied, a corner of her mouth curling upward a bit.

“I don’t mind the company, and if you just want to observe too that’s fine. Right now I’m currently I’m just looking for a couple of plants you can find out here.” She said, pointing to one of them in front of her. “However you want to be careful. You want to gather enough to last for a while, but not take so many that the plants stop repopulating. And you have to watch out how you get them too. Some of them need very specific instructions on how to get them out safely.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:22 pm
Some people would say that Giza'kuni was not very respectful. Frankly, Na'al was just as happy to be spending time with a lioness who was going to treat her like a real person instead of...well...royalty.

Just because she'd agreed to it didn't mean she liked it. She'd grown up a fairly normal pridemember, and while she was adjusting, that didn't mean she wanted to. Nawiri had always gone and done what she thought was necessary, and talked to everyone as if they were people, not servants. So Na'al didn't see any need for people to defer to her either.

The younger lioness focused on the plant that Giza pointed to, studying it and memorizing it as best we can. "I'm happy to learn whatever you'll teach me," she told the grey-brown female. "What's the other plant we're looking for?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:27 pm
Giza searched around in her pouch a bit for the right one, careful not to mix any of the wrong plants together, and pulled out a more brownish looking one. “It looks like this. It’s a bit harder to find here in the pride’s lands, but it’s here. Also, if you do find it, you need to be careful about taking it. You’ll need to dig our the ground around it a bit as you need to get all of it too because the needed properties are in the base of the stem and if you tear it the wrong way you’ll lose what’s needed inside.”

She pawed at the ground a bit more, trying to focus her vision. “Don’t worry too much about that one though, we only need a few. We need more of the others. And then if you see anything else that’s interesting, like some plant or something and want to learn more about it, you can just ask me.” She said, turning her head again towards the ground and rooting around a bit more. “Just make sure you don’t touch anything you don’t know about. We don’t want anything to happen out here.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:30 pm
Na'al nodded as she studied the other plant Giza was seeking today. She wasn't completely certain she could identify either of them yet, but she was certainly going to try!

"So...," she began as they started the hunt, "what made you want to be an Apothecary instead of a Healer or a Scout?" Some jobs were much more popular than others and while all were needed, the Heiress wanted to know what it was that drew some people to one profession or another. And Apothecary was not one of the more obvious ranks in a number of ways.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:35 pm
Giza thought for a bit. “Well… if I can be blunt, I really don’t like this disease this pride is forced on us. I mean if you’re okay with having it sure, that’s fine, but I would rather it be a choice than someone being lucky or unlucky enough to have it. So, I decided to become an apothecary to see if I could find anything to fix this.

“Though I’m more one of the Experimenter Apothecaries, because I like to study the reactions and properties of the materials we gather to see if I can find better treatments or possibly as cure so that those who wish to be relieved from the disease are allowed to do so.” She replied, poking in the dirt a bit more. She found another of the first plants and carefully pulled it out a bit, it coming out easily enough, and putting it carefully in her pouch.

She didn’t really care if she was admitting to someone important that she didn’t like her lot in life, but she was sure she wasn’t the only one who felt this way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:38 pm
"You weren't born here?" The question was out before Na'al had even realized it was on the tip of her tongue and mentally cursed herself. She knew better than to be that rude! Hopefully Giza'kuni wouldn't be too offended.

"It's wonderful that you want to try to help so much though. Those in the final stages of the disease are so uncomfortable that some people think it's best to just put them out of their misery. That's why the Dusk Healers' job is so hard, trying to make those poor souls comfortable in their final days," the Heiress observed aloud, trying to be more tactful.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:43 pm
Giza gave a wry smile to the lioness. “No I wasn’t, I was apparently wandering in the rogue lands however when I was desperate and not quite feeling that good, I wandered into here and became a carrier. Which isn’t so bad compared to being fully infected with the disease, but still not good.” She let out a sigh.

She hmphed a bit at the other. “Yeah, it’s certainly not a job I could do. I’d rather be experimenting with stuff rather than watching those in their last days. Though thank you, I haven’t gotten complimented in a while.” She said, chuckling a bit. “So you’re just trying to learn about everything then?”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:47 pm
"Well, my grandmother's primary training is as a Healer, and she doesn't let being Queen interfere with it too much," Na'al pointed out. "It seems like a good idea to at least know the basics of everyone's job, even though I'll probably focus on Healing too. It's a good way to get to know people."

She wasn't really sure what to say about Giza's bad luck in becoming an unwilling member of the pride. In fact, the Heiress wasn't certain there was anything she could say, except that the story reminded her a lot of Nawiri's stories of how Mittere had joined the pride. But the Master Warrior's story was a bit more...extreme. Which was suitable for her, but not for anyone else. So Na'al didn't mention the comparison at all.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:51 pm
Giza gave little attention to the rank of the lioness’ grandmother. She didn’t really care for ranks. But it seemed this girl was quite interested in the healing arts. Well, for a pride like this there could never be enough healers. “Well, we always need enough healers here. I’m not even sure we can run out of them, no matter how many we have.” She replied, mentally chuckling.

She pawed a bit more, moving her face close enough to a plant that seemed much like the second one they were looking for, and gave it a whiff. “A way to identify plants is to smell them a bit. Not too closely though, some give out some dangerous pollen that you don’t want getting up your nose.” She moved on a bit. That hadn’t been the plant they were looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:54 pm
"That is the nature of the pride," Na'al agreed, taking a delicate sniff herself, to familiarize herself with the plants. Everything was so much more complicated than she would have guessed mere moons ago. And Giza was clearly far more expert than the young lioness could ever have thought. The pride was lucky to have her.

"I'm starting to see," she continued as they walked, "why this is such a time-consuming job!"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:01 pm
Giza laughed out loud this time. “Yes, very time consuming, but also very satisfying once you can see the results in action.” She replied, finding one of the second plant that they needed to gather and carefully unburied it’s roots a bit before pulling it out carefully with her mouth.

“Well, if you’re willing to learn some more, I’ll probably be gathering for a while. You can help if you want, but if you want to just listen, that’s fine too, I don’t mind.” She replied continuing to walk around. She didn’t mind the other’s company; it had been a while since she had been able to talk to someone so plainly. It would be interesting to say the least. She didn’t mind teaching someone else the arts of being an apothecary.

((post to complete rp))  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff