Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:34 am
User Image

Dagr moved across the sand with a practised paw, navigating the soft dips and curves like the bird navigated the air currents. He had played upon the shore as a cub and grown fond of its ever changing ways. The sea would sometimes part with gifts that made the best toys to play with and other times it had scared him back to his den to hide behind his mother.

"If I know my brother he'll be returning to his den after his daily venture out across the shore. He takes his job verrrrry seriously."

He leapt up a short rise of rocks onto firmer ground and moved across a sparsely vegetated area that stretched up to a breadth of land dense with trees. Sure enough, just up ahead, a dark-pelted lion was moving towards the jungle from the opposite direction. With a single roar, Dagr caught his attention and, a moment later the brother was trotting in their direction.

User Image

"Brother!" Kari greeted as the gap closed between them, "I felt you draw near."

Dagr winced at the choice of words and gave him a dismissive wave of a paw. "You're too predictable."

Kari rolledhis eyes and slowed his pace, coming to an easy halt, setting all paws onto the ground. "And you are not? Although...you don't usually return from the borders with company. Excuse my ill manner, good lady. Are you well?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:46 am
User Image Walking across the sand was quite something else. Udayi paused from time to time to inspect some of the larger dunes before walking over them, grinning as the ground shifted and spilled beneath her. It warmed her paws pleasantly as it slid between her toes. It was a strange experience, but in a very good way.

Looking up as Dagr spoke, she gave a little chuckle and flicked her tail, letting it leave a squiggly line in the sand behind her. "I suppose the world needs all types to see it continue on," she said wisely, or at least she hoped it sounded wise. She bounded forward a bit to catch up with her guide, keeping an eye on his flaming red tail as it bobbed back and forth. She kept close enough as they climbed up a bit onto more familiar ground and paused for a brief moment as she spotted the lion they were looking for.

Well, they were certainly twins. The markings were the same and it seemed only the eye color and mane and tail differed. A little smile crossed her muzzle as she noticed the brother also had little red dots under his eyes. Kari's word choice didn't bother her much as she moved to stand beside Dagr, brown eyes warm and matching the smile on her muzzle.

"Oh, so polite," she said with a little laugh. "Very well, thank you. What a beautiful place you call home."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:12 am
"Ah, that is good news." Kari continued, smiling. He'd always prided himself on manners - it had made his mother so proud and happy when he had been growing up. "For a moment I thought you might have been in need of a healer."

Blinking, he nodded enthusiastically, "it is beautiful. Has my brother been showing you around? Are you a new member?"

"She's a curious rogue," Dagr returned. "I'm showing her around."

"Ah," Kari returned, "have you come very far to get here?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:22 am
"He has been," Udayi said with a little grin, looking over at the red maned brother. He didn't look terribly impressed with his twin's polite nature and she found it quite amusing that they were so different. It matched their colors, though. Dagr was more fiery, and this one was much calmer and cooler.

"I'm not so sure about 'rogue' anymore," she corrected. "I don't think I could enjoy this in one day and be on my way. You might be stuck with me for a bit."

Turning her attention back to Kari, she rolled her shoulders in a shrug. "I've been traveling for a while, but my pace hasn't been blistering. Taking my time, seeing the sights...this is by far the most wonderful place I've seen, though." With the lush green jungles and the animal noises in the trees above them it almost reminded her of home.

"I'm Udayi, by the way," she said as she gave Kari a smile.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:32 am
Though the brothers were close they had been known for their bickering in the past. Dagr had often tried to encourage his twin to leave for more exciting adventures but the more grounded brother had never considered it an option. These days, even Dagr had to admit his brother was probably right about staying put.

"Well, I won't lie. I'm sort of glad to hear it," Dagr replied. They needed more lions with her energy and part of him hoped that she would decide to join the pride as a full member.

Kari, looked suddenly aghast that he hadn't offered his own name, only for his red-maned brother to interject.

"I already told her your name. Don't get in a flap."

"Ah. Ok. Well...it's nice to meet you, Kari. Perhaps we can persuade you to settle here altogether. This land has much to offer and we would never turn away someone who wished to call this place home. Perhaps you even have some skills that might take you on a career path, or an interest you might want to pursue."

"Kari..." Dagr warned, giving a bored yawn.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:38 am
Udayi snickered softly at Kari's obvious flustered state. Aw, he was cute. She nodded as he went on, glad that both brothers were interested in keeping her here. To be honest, between them and the location, it wasn't a hard sell.

"Well, I'm a pretty good huntress," she said. "That's about all my old pride had in terms of ranks unless you wanted to babysit cubs or fight. I'm not much of a fighter, but I could hunt with the best of them. Oh, and I'm a Seer. My father said some prides have special ranks for Seers," she said, perking up a bit. "If there's one here maybe I can take that title but also hunt? I think I'd get bored just laying around all day waiting for visions to take me."

They did happen fairly frequently for her and they were quite strong, but just having visions seemed a bit boring. She liked to run and feel her heart beating in her chest and test her limits.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:49 am
Kari nodded along agreeably at hearing of the ranks from her old pride. They sounded sensible and familiar and much the same as the ranks they had within the Bahari'mtoto. "Hunters and huntresses are always required here. Many mouths to feed - young and old. Could do with experienced hunters teaching the newer ones, too. The varied terrain here can be difficult to master at first."

He smiled a little wider, "we do have a rank for seers here. Mshauri - or adviser. It really depends on how you wish to use your gift."

Dagr snorted, narrowing his eyes.

"Well, it is a gift, brother." Kari retorted, "do you have frequent visions? Any control of them?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:03 pm
"Adviser?" Udayi said with a thoughtful hum before glancing at Dagr.

"Hey, don't be jealous!" she said with a teasing grin. "Just because I get to see the future and you don't doesn't mean you get to laugh at my new title." She gave his rump a bump with her own to get him to smile again before facing the teal twin once more.

"They're fairly frequent, some are stronger than others. I'd say I get a really clear one once every moon or so. And then there's generally five or six others that are smattered in there as well, not as strong. I've been having very strong ones about the sea, which I believe drew me here," she added with a nod. "So now that I'm at the sea perhaps they'll change again. I don't have much control over when they come, but ever since I was of age to hunt I've been having them pretty frequently."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:30 am
Dagr gave her a crooked smirk followed by a dismissive shrug, then dropped his hindquarters to sit down. He was so unsure about his own seer powers that even with fellow seers he was unwilling to speak of them. Kari was far less guarded about it but even he seemed a little hesitant. Neither brother spoke about them much and both were wary of the power.

"I apologise profusely, oh wise adviser." He returned at last, his sarcasm tinged with warmth.

Kari, however, seemed completely captivated by Udagi's power. "My brother might not be interested, but I certainly am. It sounds as if your gift is relatively powerful, too. I wonder whether you might even start to be able to control it - given enough time and incentive. A seer who could - for instance - foretell a stormy sea could make a huge difference to the pride. If your visions were telling you to come here, then you must be of some import."

He paused, tilting his head in thought, and then continued, "would you seek me out later, when Dagr has finished showing you around?"

SilverLutz
you could wrap with your next post and we can move onto the next? ;D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:05 am
Udayi snickered softly at Dagr's comment and gave him a little shove with her paw. What a smart a**. She liked that about him, though. As Kari spoke she nodded a bit, not at all minding getting to know both brothers. It was comforting to know she wasn't the only seer - and twin! - around. The Pridelands was full of seers and twins, of course, so she had never felt so strange there. But here in a new land...well. The comforts of the pride she once called home were starting to show up here. She was pretty much sold on putting down roots in this pride.

"Yeah, I'll come find you," she promised. The thought of controlling her powers a bit was interesting and perhaps Kari could help. He seemed like a lion with a good head on his shoulder.

"Let's keep going," she said as she looked to the red twin once more. "I'm sure there's other things to see in the pride than your brother." As they headed off she thought to herself that Dagr had been right - her mother had given short names to her handsome sons. What a lucky lioness she was, getting the attention of these twins!

Kimaria
All done! Next owo -rubs hands together-

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items