[PRP Sauti] Find That Beat Again [Faamy/Shadiya] [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:53 pm
Balancing concern for a friend with a job was hard! Faamy had wanted to try out another tavern by now, but she didn't want to leave. This was the last place she had seen Shadiya... And by golly, good or bad, if that dancer or that Matori fellow had any class, someone would come back to tell her if they were okay!

Quite a bit of time had passed though. This resulted in her latest song describing the fickle nature of the relationships of a traveler. She figured most in the audience would be able to relate, being in Sauti~

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:00 pm
Cornetified

Shadiya pulled her scarf down tightly over her face. Ever since they had left Oba, once again, the girl found herself being skittish. Clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth at her own foolishness, Shadiya just shook her head. She was so silly for having openly danced at the same spot like that. I might as well painted a huge red target on my forehead.

Still, there was one thing that bothered her. The girl had remembered her bard friend and wanted to check in one last time at the tavern she had danced at. Was Faamy okay? If those guys had hurt her because of Shade...the thought made the dancer's fingers tighten into fists. Then she really should have kicked them all in the face!

Frowning at the thought, Shadiya twisted around a corner and slowly approached the familiar place...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 pm
The song was mellow and broad, giving the air a rather surreal tone. By the time she was done, many in the audience were quiet and contemplative. There wasn't much applause, but she knew she had touched them. Sighing to herself, she hopped off the stage and over to the bar for a drink. Right when she sat down, the next act started up on stage with a high paced tune, bringing the tavern back to its normal buzz. Smiling to the bartender, she ordered a stronger drink than usual. Perhaps it was time to move on...?

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:08 pm
Cornetified

Shadiya had to pause when she heard the music. Who in the world? Frowning the girl watched as the bard left the stage and went towards the bar. Shaking her head only so slightly with the faintest of smiles upon her lips Shadiya glided her way through the crowd to plop down on a bench near the other girl, "I'll take what she's having."

Resting her chin on her hand, Shadiya tilted her head towards Faamy. "What brought you down so low that you have to resort to sad songs and strong ale?" She figured rather than a simple hello a slight tease perhaps would be better? Still, she was glad to see her friend again.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 pm
Sipping her drink, Faamy kept her eyes on her glass and shrugged at the question voiced to her. "Eh, I suppose others would find it silly. Someone I met a while ago went missing. Been spendin' my time worrying about her."

A second passed, her eyes widened, and her head snapped around to see who was talking. "Why you sneaky, rotten little varmint!" She shrieked with the largest smile, slamming her fist against the counter of the bar.. Practically leaping from her seat, Faamy scooped Shade into a firm hug. "I was worried sick about you! Did they hurt you? You okay? Did that one fella find you? He okay, too? What took ya so long comin' to see me?!"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:10 pm
Cornetified

"Well that sounds downright awful." She kept her face neutral, but that only lasted until Faamy's realization hit. It was then that the laughter escaped. Oh she was so glad to see her friend again! Only Faamy could make a reunion so fun! As she pulled back a bit from her friend, Shadiya nodded.

"He found me, but it took a bit. Then it took even longer to get back here without leaving a trail." She crinkled her nose, "Don't ever be on the run if you can help it." The statement made her voice soften as she looked over her friend. "You're okay, right? Did they hurt you back then? If so...I'm so so sorry..."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:58 pm
"You're darned right it was awful!" Huffing sharply, she laughed and pulled Shade further down the bar. After all, Shade seemed to need a little cover...

"Ack, that sounds like a pain. I'm so glad you got away though. Good to hear that lug took care of ya." Brow rising as the concern was returned, she grinned and shook her head. There had been a bit of bruising on her forehead and on her arm, but that had all faded by then. "Nah. I'm as fit as a fiddle! Feelin' so good now, I just might do a happy song for ya!" Though she was grinning, her eyes sharpened just a touch, and her hand rose to rest on Shadiya's shoulder. "I was really worried there, darlin'. I'm glad to see you in one piece."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:16 pm
Cornetified

He definitely did. Shadiya flushed lightly. She definitely was thankful that Dexurn had been able to find her! That was all...nothing about a kiss! Oh gods...the thought just made her flustered all over again.

"I'm glad to hear that." Shadiya laughed at the energy before sobering up a bit, "Thanks. I'm fortunate to have met someone like you. It's nice having someone to care about me. Not that I don't have people who do, but....still, I apprecaite it." She shook her head, "I'm so graceful with words right now, haha. But sincerely thank you for even fighting for me that day. It means a lot to me." Her gaze flickered downwards however, "Faamy...I wish I could dance with you again, but I think dancing will be on hold for a bit."

The girl sighed lightly before shaking her head and looking back towards her friend, "Should be fine, right?" Though she had to wonder...what would it be like to not dance again? The thought made her stomach curl.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:02 pm
The suddenly flustered expression made Faamy c**k a brow and smirk coyly. That Matorian must have taken care of Shade, indeed~

With Shade's returned sentiments, Faamy almost felt like crying. "Well, now I feel better about being so worried for you. Had a few people snort at me when they asked." Her grin turned a little wicked. "They couldn't snort so well when I was done explaining the way I work, though."

The news that dancing would be on hold made Faamy pause, looking at Shade with concern. So, things were really that bad... "What the heck you riskin' seeing me for if it's like that? Coulda just written a note," she scolded. Still... sighing, she reached out and pulled Shade into another tight hug. "For a bit... When that bit is over, you be sure to find out where I am. We'll wow the crowd again another time." Gicing a cocky grin, she leaned back and waved to gesture at the inn. "After all, I don't plan to be here much longer. Should be easy enough to find me once I'm famous like~"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:29 pm
Cornetified

No, no no! Shadiya's flushed deepened with that look. "Not like that!" She protested quietly before looking away. Sheesh. Well maybe a bit like that...but still! She was currently working on wrapping her own mind around things. So teasing was definitely going to have to wait!

"Heh, I'm sure that they couldn't." Shadiya just shook her head with amusement. Faamy definitely was a character that was for certain. "Hey, some things are worth the risk. And definitely. It's not like I'm on high risk or anything...it's just dancing makes it easier to track me. So for now I'll just skip on performing." She forced a smile before blinking with confusion, "You're leaving? Where are you going?" Oh she definitely hoped that they could meet again! But Faamy leaving made her nervous...how would they find each other?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:48 pm
Her full lips pressed with a playful smile. Oh, this was delightful. "Not like what?" she asked innocently. "I didn't say anything~"

Faamy's smile softened as Shade explained. "You'll get back to it when the time is right. I know you will." Blinking with surprise, she laughed warmly. "This place was only a stop in my travels. Only been here this long for news of you. I ain't gonna be famous sittin' in one town, now, will I?" Grinning, she poked Shade's nose. "Hey, who knows where I'll end up? Maybe my trek will take me along the same general route you're going, if you know where you and that friend of yours are headed." She smirked playfully and shrugged.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:21 am
Cornetified

"You..." Shadiya's face burned crimson as she pouted towards her friend, "Make a look so yes you didn't actually say anything I suppose..." The sentence turned into a bashful murmur before she glanced away again. "I come back and the first thing you do is tease me." Though technically hadn't she teased Faamy by just appearing? Okay, so maybe she deserved a bit of teasing on her own.

"Thanks." Shadiya glanced up towards the other girl with a wistful smile, "That's the hope at least, right?" Sighing, she stretched out her hands above her head and as she lowered them looked back to Faamy, "Ooooh, so you were a traveling bard this whole time! I mean..." Once more that wistful look was back, "I would have jumped on the chance for such an amazing accompanist. " The dancer shook her head, "But even so we are planning on traveling further into Sauti, Tale, and then maybe Zena. If that's your desired route then you are always welcome to be with us."

She shook her head, "How would you deal without being able to play music? I mean! You can obviously still play, but I guess if the situation was reversed?" She tugged at a stray strand of hair, "Perhaps I relied too much on dancing...this may be good for me after all. I was lost in my own fantasy and now it's time to shape up a bit before going on."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 pm
Fammy's smirk only grew. "Darned right I'm teasing you~" she crooned. "You're so adorable when you're flustered. ..Besides, you've been through enough serious lately."

Her brow rose with a little surprise, and she laughed again. "As if I'dda turned down such an incredible dancer like you." Propping her arm up on the counter, she let her head rest on her hand, staring at Shade curiously. "Well, that sounds like a mighty fine route. I- ..I'm sure you'll have a bunch of fun." Faamy didn't know the meaning of laying low, and she knew it. If Shade was still hiding from people... she would just be a risk. "I'd love to go with you... but I know better. I don't 'blend in' like you'll be needing to. We'll see each other again though. Don't doubt that."

Blinking slightly, she frowned and brushed her fingers over her instrument. "I'd probably go insane," she admitted. Looking at Shade, she smiled and patted the Oban's leg. "You don't have to give it up completely. Take this time to learn a new kind of dance. Not on stage, or in a crowd. Just you and a teacher. If I couldn't play this, I'd find something different. Not my normal style." She pursed her lips again and pointed at Shade's face. "Dancing ain't your fantasy; it's your life. It's who you are. Other skills don't hurt, but don't forget who you are."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:12 am
Cornetified

"You're awful." Still, Shadiya's laughter betrayed her. She truly couldn't seem to get angry at Faamy - the other girl was just too lovable for that! Shadiya's expression did falter a bit at the refusal, but even she understood the risks. For now it probably was best if she just stayed with Dexurn so that the two of them could live in peace and figure things out. Having a bard around would be too tempting for a dancer like her...

"I'll hold you to that. If I don't find you later then know that you'll be at the risk of being haunted by a vengeful spirit in the next life." Pouted Shadiya lightly, but in her heart she could only pray and hope that such a good friend would reappear in her life again. Such things were even more fuel for her to despise her uncle..one day she would become strong enough to get rid of his shadow. She just had to work hard until then.

Her gaze brimming with tears at the advice, Shadiya nodded. "De-definitely!" Sniffling the girl shook her head. So much for being strong, "Thank you, Faamy. I really appreciate it." It was true - she was a dancer always in heart and spirit. But she had to take this time and find out why it was such a passion. She had used it as an escape for so long that she now wanted to be able to dance without fleeing. It was a confusing feeling, but Shadiya would figure it out eventually...she hoped.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:59 pm
Fammy grinned lightly. Shade needed to laugh~

Brow rising at the threat of haunting, she laughed and winked lightly. "Right back at you." Lifting her hands, she made little wispy motions and cooed eerily. Giggling, she tossed back some of her drink. Actually, learning a new instrument wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Blinking slightly as Shade reacted to her advice, her cheeks flushed bright and she shook her head. "Stop that, or I'm gonna tear up next!" She swung her arm out to pull Shade into a hug. "How is it I feel like I've known you forever?" she asked with a sigh. Pulling back a little, she smiled warmly. "The power of rhythm, eh?"

Sabra Knight

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces