Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:01 pm
papa-paparrazzi

The same flash bright photo of Algie and Jeremiah exiting the pub pops up again in the same rag magazine a day after the first.

axzuredreams
Mixlin's Man: Identity Revealed!

--by Viktor Strom (@vikstromphoto)

The identity of author Algernon Mixlin's new beau has been revealed! Photographed recently exiting a pub together the two were referred to as 'old friends' and while they are clearly more than that now, it was actually the truth. The silver-haired mystery man is Jeremiah Mercer and apparently a long time friend of the author. Jeremiah is the estranged son of Lady Meredith Mercer and her late husband Piers. Rumors swirl that Jeremiah and Algernon reconnected in America where Mercer has lived for years as a police officer. Readers may remember Lord Piers Mercer as a vocal member of the House of Lords and known for his rather conservative views. Mixlin and Mercer have been spotted several times since, staying in a hotel not far from the author's publishing house where he is working on preparations for the release of the next installment of The Red Herring Mysteries early next year. Neither man has commented on the nature of their relationship but it's fairly clear there's nothing conservative about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:26 pm
an old friend

"So," Ashley drawled out, having stolen Algie away from Nando and Jeremiah for a little bit, "just how mad is he about that article? Or you for that matter?" His mismatched eyes looked clearly amused. The moment it had appeared online, Ashley had texted Algie about it but then let it go.

Now that they were in person, of course, that meant he was on him about it.

Ashley was, of course, a little shorter than Algie and - at this point - mostly silver with dark brown peppered in his hair. Today he was dressed in casual clothing.

If high end Italian fashion counted as casual.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:32 pm
an old friend

He was beginning to suspect that Ash stealing him and Nando going off with Jeremiah was some sort of preplotted arrangement by their friends. He didn't mind but leave it to Nando and Ash to meddle.

"Viktor better not show his face, not anytime soon," Alg snorted, "I think the anger started with the headline and really hit it's stride around 'estranged son'." By the time he'd read down to the bits about being conservative he'd managed enough dwindling magic to frost over the newspaper.

"I don't deal with Viktor," Alg waved a hand, "It's not worth it."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:53 pm
checklist

"So my estranged friend," Nando had that sharp, ball busting grin of his. Yes he'd read the article. Yes it was hysterical, "Where are we with this wedding?"

Nando was a couple years older than Jeremiah, silver hair to rival the other but an ever present tan. They were about the same height but Nando always seemed longer and thinner. He spoke with his hands, laughed freely, and could when it was needed get very loud. He was very italian, though his accent was very light. He was a man of style, always wearing bracelets and a couple rings to accessorize and an accompanying (but necessary) pair of glasses for every outfit.

"Rings? Suits?" He ticked them off on his fingers, dark eyes peering intently, "Something borrowed and blue? That's a thing- yes?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:40 pm
checklist

"I don't give two ******** that you're retired military, Nando, I am going to drop you if you say estranged friend one more time." Jeremiah smiled pleasantly but his eyes glinted. Not that he would really do it, the threat was empty, but it never failed that there was some kind of rough housing when they got together.

"I need to pick up the rings and-" The mentioning of the other things had him pausing. Did they need those things? Did Algie want those things. Jeremiah came to a stop blinking rapidly. "Bloody hell."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:46 pm
an old friend

It was totally a preplotted arrangement. When was it not that with them? Ashley was all wide-grins and never idle. Even as he had gotten older, he had never seemed to lose that ridiculous amount of energy that he had.

"You don't deal with him but Jeremiah might if he made him that angry." His head tilted because in memory Jeremiah only showed anger if he was truly livid. "Unless somehow his temper's lessened over the years." Algie was treated to Ashley latching onto his arm a moment later and tugging him into a rather nice tailor shop.

"Though Viktor is slimy. It's not just you, I kept tabs on him after what he pulled years ago." Ash shook his head, glancing up at Algie. "Worse than a dog with a bone with anyone he decides he wants to track."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:40 pm
checklist

Nando put a hand on Jeremiah's shoulder, "Calmati, amico mio estraniato," He then laughed and ducked away just in case, "I'm kidding! I'm done.."

The truth was that Nando was positive that Algie didn't give a damn about borrowed or blue things, but the professor did seem enough of an old fashioned type to put the topic into question. Plus it would be more fun to go out and get all those things, and instill Jeremiah with some measure of groom nerves. What fun was a wedding without a bit of panic?

"We'll just do it-" Nando waved his hands, "Just to be cautious. I'll lend you something, I'm sure your mum has some old thing to give you. It'll be fine."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:54 pm
an old friend

Ashley was probably in a very select group of people who were allowed to bounce and clutch his arm. It just was how the other had always been, with a measure of confidence that Algie lacked, and their differences may have only been to the friendship's benefit.

"I would honestly love to see Jeremiah punch Viktor square in the ******** gob," He seemed to look off into the distance, fantasizing with a smirk.

He drifted out of the look with pursed lips as Ash pulled his usual internet stalking hacking whateverthehell. Computers weren't Alg's thing.

"Yes thank you for that encouraging news." His voice was droll and unimpressed, "I feel so much better about being stalked by a man who never gives up."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:27 am
an old friend

Ashley simply gave no ******** when it came to latching onto Algie and pulling him along for the ride. It had made for an excellent friendship, though he might have made a 'gag me' look whenever Alg got that far off look in his eyes.

"Yeah, you're totally fantasizing about how hot you think Jeremiah could be when he punches that slimeball." A pause. "Which I suppose is an improvement from just pining away from afar. A far better topic than skeevy stalker types." Moving away from his stalker habits, okay.

"Let's talk about how I'm stupidly happy for you Alg. Even without the marriage," not that he was opposed, Ashley had a ring on his finger from when Nando and himself had gotten married, "I'm just glad you two finally stopped dancing around the issue. About bloody time."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:38 am
checklist

Jeremiah paused in his steps, turning to face Nando fully. The detective had that smile on his face, the one that would likely have gotten him immediately kicked out and banned from the pub they had just been unbanned from.

It was a good thing his friend ducked away because he was sorely tempted to clock him one just because. "One of these days, Nando, one of these days." Thankfully the conversation slipping back to the realm of something borrowed, something blue had Jeremiah's stomach twisting up.

"I'm sure she's got something. Probably a pair of cufflinks from my grandfather." Which was where he got his middle name. Blue-green eyes went suspiciously to Nando. "What exactly are you planning on letting me borrow?"

Never. Trust. Nando. And. Ashley.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:33 am
an old friend

"Yes well-" Even talking about how happy he was was difficult for Algie. he flipped a hand idly even if it was written all over his face. "There was an ocean in the way for 20 years."

Yes, a better excuse than the truth.

"I assume I'm here for a suit?" The tailor was nice and thankfully the gentleman working was politely waiting for the pair of them to finish chatting. Alg would move the topic away from his feelings thank you very much.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:51 am
checklist

"I can take you," Nando reassured, hands raising as if they would throw down right there he was ready to grapple, even with that a*****e grin on his face.

"A pocket square? A handkerchief? I mean I could dig deep into my collection of more unique accessories but I'm not sure you'd appreciate knowing that much about my and Ash's private life."

His lips curled in another smirk as he replied in italian, "Were you expected a diamond studded c**k ring?" He would be ducking away from another punch if he didn't stop himself, "Maybe I have one. Maybe I dont."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:37 am
dad

Almost everything was worked out between their parents and friends. The wedding would be the day after next at Jeremiah's mother's house.

Alg was spending the day at his dad's. At his home... The place he generally thought of as home. His library was here, he'd lived here forever, all of his things that weren't shipped over still remained. This was his English life.

Bob Mixlin was a chiropractor. Semi-retired he only worked with regular, familiar patients and he worked out a room in the back of the house. The truth was that aside from eye color Algie was the spitting image of his father. About the same height, same hair but whiter, even sedentary paunch and a fondness for football and beer. He was overly fond of fishing and had already hauled out his tackle to bring with him to the wedding because Meredith's pond was the place to be.

Most of their time was spent with news chatter, football talk, and if Alg was wanting anymore of his things shipped over. He passingly asked after his dad's health, even more vaguely asked about his state of mind, but while Algie was prone to erratic yet tightly held emotion, Bob was much milder. He was fine- missing his wife still- but fine.

"She'd be real happy Alg," Bob commented over the sports page, watching his son's face, "I mean it."

"I know dad." Alg swallowed thickly and hid behind a sip of tea.

"I just know-" Bob started, knowing better to press into Alg's lingering guilt over his mother's passing, "She'll be there too. At the wedding. Don't doubt it."

Alg snorted, "Fussing over my hair and slipping recipes for a vegan biscuit blend into Jeremiah's suit jacket."

Bob smiled and nodded, "Yes and making passive aggressive comments to Meredith about my cholesterol."

"Sounds about right," Alg smiled.

Bob fished in a drawer, pulling out a small velvet bag he handed over. "It was your mums. Maybe you can wear it in your lapel.. instead of a flower."

Alg's chest was tight when he pulled out the familiar looking brooch of his mothers. It had been through years of special occasions as well as serving as an improvised hat pin on a few windy days. He ran his fingers over the silver vines and enamel flowers twined in a wreath shape. "Thanks da-" It was all he could say, "I think it's perfect."

Bob looked misty eyed, Alg did too. They exchanged a look, a nod, and a simultaneous grunt of acknowledgement.

Like father like son. That was that.

azxuredreams
this is clearly not a drabble -_-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:54 pm
an old friend

Ashley rolled his eyes. Somethings never changed and one of those was Algie dodging and pushing away any kind of mention of feelings.

"Whatever you say, Alg," he replied, shaking his head and smiling towards the tailor. "... and of course we're here for a suit. I imagine Nando is likely doing the same with Jeremiah." No, he imagined his lover was probably trolling the detective but that was neither here nor there.

"My good friend here is going to get married," Ashley's grin was somehow both evil and pleased at the same time, "so we'll be needing to get him a suit." The shorter man then promptly turned, a finger wagged at Alg. "So help me, if you remotely think about tweed, I will ruin you."

It was a mostly empty threat.

Mostly.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:23 am
checklist

Jeremiah groaned, a hand pressed to his face and looking between his fingers.

"Things I do not want to know about," he replied in Italian before he was lunging for Nando. Clearly the groan had been a feint, just like the relaxed posture and hand against his face. He was definitely going to go for getting his old friend into a headlock.

"Honestly, that is the tamest thing you could have offered, considering what I do know about your private life with Ashley." As there had been at least one phone call that had been more than a little questionable sounding in nature. Jeremiah would not relent his hold on Nando but he was going to mess up his hair at least, if not punch him.

Not that Jeremiah had s**t to say about perfectly styled and maintained hair. In the slightest. "A pocket square is fine, you b*****d."

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces