Are there any Frank Peretti fans out there? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantom912

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:06 pm
Hey everyone,
does anyone know Frank Peretti? he's an author that writes christian horror novels. i know "Christian" and "Horror" don't seem to go good together, but it's true! his books have some of the best morals out there. if any of you havent read any of his books, i highly recommend reading: The Oath; Monster; Hangman's Curse(this is a book set aside especially for teens!); there are a bunch more, so if you guys are curious about some more titles, just send me a message! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:16 am
I love his books! I've read This Present Darkness and now I'm reading The Visitation. (I'm hooked on his books now.) mrgreen  

Silverwolf02

phantom912

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:27 am
Have you seen the movie that they made out of the visitation just recently? i heard that its supposed to be pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:23 am
Im still in the middle of this Present darkness. but so far its really good  

[TeenyTiny]

JesusFreakGurl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:42 am
I don't really like horror books, so I haven't read most of his books, but I did read This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness and they're pretty close to the top of my favorites list. There are a few fantasy-Christian books above 'em. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:03 pm
JesusFreakGurl
I don't really like horror books, so I haven't read most of his books, but I did read This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness and they're pretty close to the top of my favorites list. There are a few fantasy-Christian books above 'em. ^^

I haven't been able to find "Piercing the Darkness" at my library at all so I might have to buy the book before I can read it.  

Silverwolf02

loony_lovegood47

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:52 pm
I have only read one of his books, The Oath. i thought it was really good. i plan on reading more of his books, our church has several of his books.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:12 pm
He's awesome. The Oath stands at the top for me, but I haven't read Peircing the Darkness yet.  

ambush and return

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:37 pm
he rocks!!!!! this present darkness and monster are my favorites ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:10 pm
oh wow, I've never heard of him, but I'm always up for a good book
which ones of his do you recommend?
(and would you please give a description of the plots sweatdrop heart )

postage-paid

phantom912

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:40 pm
angelgotspiked
oh wow, I've never heard of him, but I'm always up for a good book
which ones of his do you recommend?
(and would you please give a description of the plots sweatdrop heart )

i recommend The Oath, which is about how all of this one town's sin manifests into a great beast and devours the sinners.
The Visitation is about satanism and how one man claims he is Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead.
Hangman's Curse is REALLY creepy! it's about a ghost that haunts this school and how these witches think they have control over the ghost to go haunt certain people.
This Present Darkness, which i am still working on, is about a battle between angels and demons.
And finally, Monster, the last of his books that i've read. it has christian messages, but it kinda tackles the theory of evolution. i know it sound s boring, but its really creepy, and it has some pretty gory parts in it. it's about these huge monsters that go around killing everyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:45 pm
i purchased "Monster" by F. Peretti. Has anyone read it and is it any good?  

blue_odessy

phantom912

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:08 am
blue_odessy

i have it. it's one of his greatest books yet!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:43 pm
italianboy91
blue_odessy

i have it. it's one of his greatest books yet!

Sweet, I've also read: This Present Darkness and the wounded spirt (i might have messed up that second name, its been a couple years since i read it.) The books I have read by him were great.

*** Has anyone read Piercing the Darkness, i heard that it was the sequel to this present darkness? Is it any good?  

blue_odessy

Shawana_Chou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:46 pm
I've read nearly all of his horror/mystery/suspense books. All I have left is House and the Visitation. >3

I'm a huge Frank Peretti fan.

Monster is a wonderful book. ^_^  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas