Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Northtide Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Semper Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:14 pm
Northtide Family

Eiren Northtide (Grandfather and NPC)
Brigid Northtide (Grandmother and NPC)
Jeyne Northtide (Aunt and NPC)
Wesley Northtide (Uncle by marriage and NPC)
Kent Northtide (Father, deceased)
Amelia Northtide (Mother, deceased)
Avendalena "Keira" Northtide
Oberon Northtide

- Accepted by Weasley 7/14/16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Hi, my name is Avendalena Keira Northtide

But I mostly go by I go by Keira because I like it better than my first name

I'm a girl

I'm 11 years old.

My birthday is December 27

My dream job is being a famous actress or author

My blood status is: Pureblood

The school I'm at is Hogwarts

The house I'm in is TBD

I'm interested in I don't know

I'm currently with No one

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quite charming, able to speak to different people in different ways depending on how I need to adjust. I am very good at just that: adjusting. If I feel like a fish out of water, I grow lungs and legs, so to speak. Sometimes my grandmother thinks that's dangerous, that I can become an evolved version of myself so quickly. Of course, I'm only eleven. I really don't think that it's a problem. Anyways, I am a very talented actress, at least for my age, and I can almost make the character I play seem real. Or at least I think so. Sometimes, when I don't know how to handle a situation, I make myself become a character that I've acted before, and try to do what they would do. But characters aside I, Keira Northtide, am very brave and usually kind and polite. I am very intelligent and I love reading, mostly to study the characters. I feel it helps me understand their motivations. It helps me understand people's emotions and actions in real life. I would say that my main flaws are that I can adjust so much and morph; some could say I'm not my own person, but I don't think that's true. Still, it is strange what I could and would do to adapt to survive. Another flaw is that sometimes I can be a little proud of myself; not that I think myself above other people, of course not. I just can be a little over-aware of my own talents. Lastly, I am a great friend to people who love me for who I am, and I am usually fair to people I meet unless they cross me. Deep down, my self-pride is false, and I use it as a bridge to keep me from falling into the pit of my self-hatred.

My background story is I was raised in a tiny flat in London. My father was a pureblood wizard of the Northtide clan, an old wizarding family whose ancestral home was on the shores of Northwater lake in the countryside of England. He had gotten into a fight with his parents when he told them he was dropping out of Hogwarts to pursue his dream of being a wizard rockstar. He left Hogwarts and ended communications with his parents. He performed all over the place and had no sense of home until he met my mum. She was a squib who had seen one of his performances. They never married but they had me and my brother. Both of them were alcoholics and were always fighting when I was growing up. Me and my little brother would hide in our rooms when we heard them fighting, throwing things. Sometimes, the dark clouds over their heads would disappear and we would almost seem like a normal family. We would go on day trips and read stories together. But it was always over before long, like a dream. I felt like it was my fault, I guess. I thought that maybe they were happy when it was just them, my father doing gigs and her following along. No responsibilities, no me. I started to hate myself for it. When they fought, I would pretend to be characters from the books I read. I would act like this man and this woman were just strangers, and that their warring was sad but had no impact on me. But then my dad and mum were driving home one night from a gig in Diagon Alley, and my dad was drunk. They crashed into another car and died. I was nine, my brother seven. I was confused. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or heartbroken. I realized that in their focus on each other and themselves, my parents had barely parented us. Mostly I had taken care of my brother, with backup assistance from my parents. Everything before my parents' death felt like a blur, unreal, distant. And yet, the violence affected me so deeply. In the fray, my father's grandparents found us. I had heard only how they and my father were estranged, never that they had tried to reach out, tried to meet my brother and I, and my father had kept them away. They adopted us and took us to our ancestral home in England. I even have uncles and aunts I never even knew about. My whole life changed. I had never been used to money, or to space, or to freedom. My father had only talked to us about limited aspects of magic, and kept us mostly in the apartment or in school except for those rare occasions when we were a family. But my grandparents are so different. They have given me and my brother anything we could ever want, given us so much time and love and space to grow. They taught us our family history, how the Northtides were personal healers to kings and queens during the Renaissance, and how we had a long history of being scholars and writers. They told me that my father had felt like the weight of our family history and honor was too much to bear, that he felt like his parents had too many expectations of him. My grandparents took me to town where there was a theater, and encouraged me to start drama classes. I loved it instantly. I felt with every character I grew farther and farther from my past. It's like I'm trying to find a new self. Still, ever day with my grandparents is a day I feel more comfortable about my real self. I just hope it's enough.

I enjoy reading, acting, exploring, talking and studying.

I despise myself sometimes, alcohol, sometimes my parents, neglect, being ignored.

I'm afraid of myself, alcohol, arguments, yelling, violence

My strengths are Acting and my intelligence

My flaws are My seeming lack of identity, my pride and self hatred

I look like Natalie Portman. I have a scar on my right cheekbone from when my father was beating my mother and I tried to step in.

My wand is a ten inch Cypress wand with Merpeople scales and scales carved into the wood.

My pet is a Barn owl named Charmion  

Semper Leo

Semper Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:44 pm
Hi, my name is Oberon Jaime Northtide

But I mostly go by Oberon, a name I chose because of the literary reference and the power that comes with it. I didn't want to keep the name of my father and when my parents died I changed my name from Kent to Oberon.

I'm a boy

I'm Nine years old.

My birthday is March 2

My dream job is to be the owner of a massive library or be a famous author and writer or all of it.

My blood status is pureblood

The school I will be going to is I don't know yet.

I'm interested in I don't know?

I'm currently with No one

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm precocious and intelligent, brave. The qualities of a traditional Northtide, my grandpa says. I love reading and studying and I bury all of my grief in this. I am always reciting random facts and trying to learn something new. I can be pretty shy but I am very affectionate once you get to me. Sometimes I don't have a filter and I can be too reserved.

My background story is My parents were always fighting and they were drunks. They were always beating each other. My sister basically raised me. Sometimes I loved my parents. Most of the time I didn't. They died when I was very young. I love my grandparents, who my father had estranged. They love me and my sister and give us everything our parents didn't. I love my aunt and uncle and sister.

I enjoy Reading, writing little stories, studying, conducting little research tests, hot chocolate

I despise alcohol, my parents sometimes, laziness, ignorance, feeling unwanted

I'm afraid of being abandoned

My strengths are writing and studying

My flaws are getting close to people outside of my inner circle, sports

I look like Liam Payne

My wand is a figment of my imagination

My pet is: in my future hopefully  
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers