[PRP Yeal] Night Play (Tacrith/Taijana) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:20 pm
Whose bright idea had it been to send him out on a damned house call? Make the slowest guy in the clinic walk across town? Great idea!

Tacrith looked up at the darkening sky and sighed. The house he'd gone to had been filled with children; loud and rambunctious and adorable. It had given him quite the migraine... The heat of the day had been baking the ground, making his slow walk to the house that much more miserable. Now, with night nearly upon the town as he headed back, the heat radiating off of the ground mixed with the ever-so-slowly cooling air to make the fog that much thicker than usual.

Grunting softly, he sat down onto a low stone wall, set the medical bag down, and pulled out a water canteen to take a long swig. They knew he wouldn't be getting back too soon. Might as well rest a bit.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:14 pm
Cornetified

Taijana couldn't remember feeling so free in her entire life.

For the first time in her life she was nearing a new settlement, at night, by herself, and she wasn't petrified. The petite huntress walked with her head upright, and a soft, pleasant sort of smile on her face. A fog had settled around her, causing the sweat on her skin to give her little chilly tremors. It was an odd sensation, but not an unwelcome one. After such a humid day Tai would take any bit of relief that she could.

She had a bag slung over her back filled to the brim with supplies and furs, with another strapped atop with fresh meat. It was her hope to do some trading here come morning, both to restock on her bolts, but also to get some much needed coin for her family. Starting a new life without her parents to watch over her was difficult, but if she could just scrape by...

Still, the bag was exceptionally full and she was very small. Despite her feelings of euphoria and a strange sense of confidence, Taijana couldn't fight the exhaustion tugging her straightened position downward. If she could just...Oh!

Spotting a man sitting by a low wall, the huntress made her way closer, only to realize belatedly that he was a young man. All of a sudden she couldn't look at him directly, and her tongue felt as if it were made of muslin cloth. "I-is it okay if I sit here?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:20 am
Tac sat back, looking up at the sky. If he was a different man, he might just go on home and return the medical bag in the morning! ..If he was a different man. Alas, he was a man with standards. It simply wouldn't do to not return the bag before going home for the night. Though, by the time he would get to the clinic at this rate, perhaps he would just find a quite corner to rest in...

The approaching footsteps brought his gaze up. Most people were tucked in their homes by now. Once he could see their Yeali origins, he relaxed and looked back at his canteen. There was such a thing as a night life, so why was he surprise?

The request surprised him further, and he looked to either side of himself. "If you wish," he replied, gesturing idly to the rest of the wall.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:05 am
Cornetified

"Thank you," Taijana commented with a meek little nod. She moved to sit as close to him as she dared, with more than enough space between them for two or three more people. Bit by bit she unloaded her gear onto the ground at her feet until her dainty shoulders were free of the load. Taijana rolled them, relishing in the sensation of popping joints and freedom. She gave into a little sigh before stretching her legs out, using her packs as a foot rest while she sat atop the low wall.

When she was good and relaxed, Taijana returned her attention to the stranger. Physically he looked a little younger than herself, though there was something about him that spoke of maturity. She wasn't sure if it was his overall attitude, or the...the walking stick? Or perhaps it was a cane?

"It's a nice night for a sit," She commented awkwardly. Silences were usually so common place with Taijana that she didn't challenge them, but as she was trying to be more social, she found her boundaries being pushed. "Do you...live near by?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:46 pm
That seemed quite the load for the petite woman to be carrying. Though, Tac knew that physical appearance was not the best indicator for strength. Screwing the top back onto the canteen, he was content to ignore and be ignore, tucking it back into his bag. He rubbed at his sore thigh a little, debating how long he could sit before his whole leg stiffened up on him. At the voiced observation, he looked around the foggy streets and up at the cloudy sky. It was indeed cooling down, which felt good on a traveling body. “I suppose it is,” he agreed. He would much rather be home right then...

Covering a yawn with his hand, his gaze shifted back over to the woman. Where he lived? “The other end of town is my home.” He cocked his head slightly, looking at the various gear spread around the woman. A traveler from another town, perhaps? Would explain why she was out so late... “You’re not from around here then? Are you a trader?”

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:13 pm
Cornetified

She noticed the way he rubbed his thigh as if it bothered him. Taijana grimaced, unconsciously ducking her gaze so as not to appear rude by staring. Whatever had happened to him must have been awful enough without her commenting on it, or making him feel self-conscious.

"The other end of-?" Taijana whipped her head back to look at him, eyes widening with shock. "You poor thing, no wonder you look so exhausted." Such a walk would have been hard for a healthy soul after a long day, but in his condition...Oh no, he should have already been tucked in hours ago.

"My brother in law's family are tanners. My siblings and I help hunt for them, but when I get extra I try to sell the furs and meat for coin. Every little bit helps. I'm not far from home, but it's too far to go this late..." It was hard to focus on herself when all she wanted to do was find some way to help him. Gnawing on her lower lip, Taijana stumbled on an idea. "Don't..don't go anywhere, okay? I'll be right back."

Taijana snatched up the satchel full of meat and paused only a moment before scampering off into town. All she had to do was find a shop open at this hour, maybe a tavern or an inn, any place where she could trade the meat off for what she needed...

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:01 pm
Brow knitting slightly, Tac tensed up after the woman's exclamation. Poor thing? He was no youngling! Well, having a bad leg in these lands could almost be worse than having no leg at all. Still.. being reminded of it didn't help matters. "It wasn't so bad. I came from the clinic midway through."

"A practical and sensible trade," he observed with a nod. He cocked his head slightly, noticing her distraction. Well, it wasn't his bus- What? He straightened up as the woman stood, frowning curiously. Jaw a little slack, he watched her hurry away.

After a moment, he snorted. "Wait for what? I won't get home any quicker sitting around." He pushed himself up to stand, but noticed the majority of the trader's things still on the ground. He really should go... but he couldn't leave all of this unattended. With a sigh, he sat back down and waited.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:18 pm
Cornetified

It took Taijana a while to find what she was looking for, but finally she happened upon an tavern with just the thing. At first the owner hadn't been so keen on selling his sole cart, especially not to a little slip of a girl he didn't know in the middle of the night, but Taijana's satchel of fresh meat and a satchel of coin had changed his mind.

The cart was nothing fancy; a simple little two wheel thing that was pulled along by an old, drawn up Limbara. She didn't think the creature would survive past the next few months, but at least it moved steadily enough. Walking along side it, the young huntress ambled her way back towards the low wall with a slight smile on her face.

"Can I interest you in a ride? You don't have to if you don't want to, but I thought this might be better for the both of us. I can't carry all of that on my own for much longer, and we could both rest while getting to where we need to be."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 pm
Tac spent his time with a small book that he kept in his medical bag. Reading a few pages, he smirked and shook his head. Perhaps it was time for a new book to carry around, seeing as how he realized he was turning the pages and reciting the book without actually reading the words.

The creaking of the wooden wagon made his head lift. Another traveler? Oh, it was the woman! Final-...ly. Jaw tensing, he looked at the wagon with absolute disdain. Had she gotten that purely for him? Damn this leg! However, the option to ride or not was encouraging.

Well... if she needed it as well... Standing stiffly, he sighed and gave a reluctant nod. "If you are certain, I'll be glad to accompany you for a short time. Thank you."

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:23 pm
Cornetified

Taijana led the lumbering limbara to a gentle stop, and reached up to pat it's head. The larger creature made a pleased noise, though one unaccustomed to the noises coming out of such a brute might take it for something more threatening. Still, she knew it was already long in the tooth, and once she'd safely made it home she would set it up for retire. There was just no fight left in this one; he was all naps and snacks, she could tell.

The petite huntress shuffled her feel, shyly looking away from Tacrith with an unsure look on her face. Was he...was he going to be mad at her? He looked like he needed the help, though, so- "Oh, oh you're very welcome." How wonderful! Since the limbara itself was so low to the ground, so was the cart and Taijana found no trouble in loading up her things. She kept them all towards the right side of the cart, leaving the left wide open for him to sit.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 pm
Tac headed toward the cart, but paused to look at the creature that would be pulling him along. Brow knitting, he slowly reached out his hand to let it rest on the limbara's side. He usually made a point of avoiding driven carts, so this was the closest he'd been to a limbara in years. "You're a sturdy fellow," he murmured softly.

Lips pressed, he turned to climb up onto the cart. He settled onto a clear space, sore leg stretched out and medical bag set at his side. "Okay. Let's get to where you need to be."

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:24 am
Cornetified

Briefly Taijana worried over what would happen once the limbara was touched. While this one was a little more subdued than it's younger compatriots, she knew it could still put up a mighty fight. The simple exchange softened her nerves, allowing her meek little smile to return. "I'm glad that you aren't scared of him. So many are." Taijana stretched her hand out to lightly run it along the creature's volcanic hide before climbing up into the driver's seat.

She gathered the reigns up into her hands and gave them a little flick. The act was enough to prompt the limbara to move, albeit slowly.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 am
Tac Brow knitting, he looked over at the limbara again. "As long as you show them respect, they are not something to fear." He sighed softly, lifting his gaze to look through the hazy air and to the sky. "I grew up around limbara. ..My mother was a tamer. ..She loved them a lot." He took a deep breath to relax, reminding himself that he would have regretted refusing a ride. He would have been all kinds of sore for tomorrow's work shift.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:09 pm
Cornetified

Taijana gave a light pull to the left reign, urging the limbara further down Pajore's winding streets. At least with most, if not all, of it's occupants tucked in bed there was plenty of space for her new found companion to wander without feeling claustrophobic.

"She was-? Maybe the spirits bless her." Taijana sent up a silent prayer to the Gods for her. Though her own mother may have been alive, so many times Taijana had felt as if that woman had passed on years ago. "My mother would never have been able to care for them. Her compassion withered long ago, and creatures can sense your intent. They can see parts of your heart that no one was meant to...Sorry, I shouldn't have spoken like that. The spirits will take my tongue for saying such awful things about mother."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:25 pm
Tac shifted uncomfortably. It was easy enough to look like he was adjusting his leg, but his mind was doing the actual shifting. Spirits... He was in the minority on the island gave gave little weight to such beliefs. "If there were spirits, they certainly weren't blessing her that night," he growled in a quiet but vicious tone.

Catching himself, he cleared his throat to focus. "They can't take your tongue for speaking the truth," he said, a small smirk suddenly rising. "They are smart creatures, indeed. Whatever is the case with your mother, she helped to create you; someone the limbara trust. That honor alone is enough to negate a few negative observations of your experiences, I believe."

Painted Moose

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces