[PRP] Funny Money [Parfait Storm x Just Desserts]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Thank you, enjoy!" Parfait Storm dropped the bits into her change jar happily, twisting the top on to secure it. It'd been an excellent day! I'd been really hot and everyone and their mother had stopped for a bowl of her ice cream. It was possible she might sell out for the first time!

A trio of colts came up to her stand and she greeted them. She was explaining their ice cream flavors, helping them pick out what they might like. After scooping up 3 cups full, one of the colts placed several larger, darker gold coins on her table. Stormy was confused, what were these coins? They were worth MORE than normal bits they'd explained. They'd gave her extra as a tip! Stormy's eyes shined excitedly!

zippedsiren
Woot! Time to finish some of these! XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:33 pm
Astraea Pandora

Just Desserts was passing by. His mother's sugary love passed to JD, and couldn't help but stop to look at the flavours. As he watched the others in front of him, he couldn't help but overhear snippets of the conversation. What kind of hoodwink were these three trying to pull? The park didn't have any currency worth more than bits. The green hair colt nudged his way forward to take a look.

Once he saw the coins, he thought he recognized them from some board game or other. They weren't worth anything.

The other colts were a little bigger than he was. Did he say something or let them get away with it? In favor of truth and justice, Just Desserts just had to speak up. "Actually, those are junk. Won't be worth even your time to serve anything to these bandits."  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:27 am
The colt's objections surprised all the other foals involved. Of the three who were trying to get ice cream, one glared at him and the other two looked away, trying to appear nonchalant.

Stormy tilted her head, confused. "Junk? I don't.." She slowly retracted the three cups of ice cream from the colts.

"H..hey!" the one glaring colt snapped, taking a step towards Just. "Do just go spouting off about things you can't prove!"

Stormy watched the boys interact, unsure of what was happening.

zippedsiren
Should be quick and easy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:45 am
The bite back of the other boys was irritating, they were still trying to push it off? "Can't prove? Ha! " Just Desserts laughed, if the coin was really from the game he thought it was, the pieces were cheap aluminum and easy to bend. "Why. Don't you just come clean now?"

JD paused to give them a second. But when they said nothing, he turned to Parfait. "Test it. Bet you can bend it." He couldn't remember if there was text or other clues without seeing it super up close.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am
"Bend it.." Stormy picked up one of the coins. It had a little weight too it, though not as heavy as a bit. She paused and looked between the three colts and JD. She didn't know any of them. "You could be lying though.." she said to Just cautiously. The three colts puffed up and smiled smugly.

"Yeah you don't know him, he might just hate us and wants to make us look bad in front of a pretty filly!" the instigator of the confrontation said. His buddies chimed in their agreement.

"But you guys could be lying too." Storm finished after the boys had quieted down. All the puff went out of their bodies. Nipping her bottom lip nervously, Stormy picked up one of the coins in her hooves and pulled the sides down.

And it bent.

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:00 pm
" I got no reason to lie, I'm not the one trying to swindle a merchant." JD retorted. He couldn't help but smile when the filly tried to bend the coin and it moved under her pressure. "See! A real bit won't do that, they have to stand the wear and tear for exchanges."

The colt pulled out his own coin from his saddle bag and tossed it to the shop girl. "Compare 'em if you need to." Then he looked back at the other colts, " still going to stick with your story?"  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:14 pm
The colt's got their danders up. Fur and feathers on edge, pawing at the sand aggressively. "Ok kid, now it's o...." The colt couldn't even finish his sentence before uttering a cry. Stormy, with a look that could curdle all the ice cream in her possession had whipped the bent coin at the colt. He was about to say something to her before he ducked as the other coins and melted ice cream were whipped at him and his friends.

"Try to scam me?! What are you playing at?!" she hopped down from her hover device and came at them, swinging her tail. "C'mere, I'll show you what happens when somephony tries to cheat Parfait Storm!!" The colts scramble, kicking up sand and each other trying to get away from the furious baby mer. She huffed, seething. When she rounded on Just Desserts, she still looked angry, but she took a deep breath. "Thank you.."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:27 pm
JD was ready to side step out of the colt's way if things were going to be messy. He preferred the law instead of fistycuffs. But before he knew it, the little blue mer whipped herself into a frenzy with flying ice cream and whatnots going all over. When she settled down, JD looked at her with amusement " Noting like the fury of a filly. Not a worry miss, gets my goat too when someone tries to break the law and pass off counterfeit bits. You ok though?"  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:37 pm
She snorted. "I'll be fine, but I bet those guys will think twice before trying THAT again." Her fur was still puffed up and her tail twitched agitated. She slipped back onto her hover device and got back behind her make shift ice cream art.

"So..you want some ice cream..." she handed back the bit he lent her. "On the house because you helped me course."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:51 pm
"Sure!" Just Desserts took a moment , eyeing up all the flavours. "Cherry Chunk please!"

While the filly scoped his ice cream, Just Desserts slipped the bit into the tip jar. He didn't feel totally right getting it for free, and thus way the filly could keep it without (maybe) realizing it was him.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:53 pm
"You didn't have to do that." she huffed a little, looking at the bits in the jar. "I've never seen that kinda honesty ever before..its the very least I coulda done."

Stormy taps the jar and the coins jingle inside. "Not gonna force ya to take em back though." She said with a grin and a chuckle.  
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games