Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Varis Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:07 pm
Family Members:

Naomi Varis
Nona Varis
Olivia Varis

- Naomi Pending, Nona and Olivia Accepted by Weasley 7/9/16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:08 pm
Hi, my name is Naomi Varis

I'm a female

I'm 34years old.

My birthday is October 15

I work in the herbology/potion field ((pending))

My dream job is having my own Potion shop

My blood status is Pureblood

The house I was in was Ravenclaw

I was in the class of 2018

I'm interested in men

I'm currently with …no one…at the moment : wink :

I may seem devious and playful but I'm really very committed to making sure that my customers are taken care of and satisfied. My family has always held a high esteem for academics and scholarly pursuits (which is why I always argued that my sister must be adopted), but we also have a strong sense of entitlement (now in THAT regard she is DEFINITELY a Varis).

That was why, once upon a time, many of my family members took the side of a certain dark wizard. They weren't really dark wizards themselves, my family has just always had an issue with having to scurry away from Muggle eyes. They were anxious to come out of the shadows and be a dominant force. However, when the mission turned especially dark and witches and wizards were being hunted for opposing the dark wizards rule, my family quite loudly turned sides and fought with the Ministry. I was not, of course, born at this time, but the experience was a defining one in my family's history and how all of the children were raised afterward.

I am no exception to my family. I possess a deep thirst for knowledge and an adventurers spirit. My mischievous nature is very notable, and I meddle regularly, but I am quite committed to my work and to my family. My daughter, Olivia is my pride and joy. She is quite like me; very bookish, loves to learn, very bold. Unfortunately she finds my sister VERY amusing, which is troubling. Sending her off to school this fall will be very hard. I don't quite know what I'll do with such an empty house.

My background story is an adventure. After graduating, I traveled around the world, having adventures and learning more about herbs and potions. Not to mention, having more than a few romances. When I found out that I was pregnant, I knew that it was time to come home. Luckily, money has never been an issue, my family has plenty. Still, once Olivia was old enough, I started my own business that I run out of our house.

Of course, our life wouldn’t be complete without my sister, Nona, who felt the need to move in with us. It was annoying at first. But with two witches in a house, things are never dull. Motherhood has its own challenges, rewards and moments of excitement. But it is pretty tame compared to my adventurous youth. Having my crazy sister in the house with us makes every day a little more exciting.

I enjoy Gardening, Potion brewing, Spending time with my daughter and sister, reading (I am a Ravenclaw, after all), Romancing handsome men

I despise Molasses, dull tea parties, sleeping in, lulls in conversation and misogynists.

I'm afraid of Vampires….you don’t even know.

My strengths are gardening and potion making

My flaws are always thinking (knowing) that I know best and occasionally being reckless

I look like this ((Rose McGowan – face claim sent in))

My wand is a 14 ¼ inch bendy and knobby Cherry wand with an Amber core

My pet is a crow. His name is Corvis and he is a stubborn jerk, but I love him. He and my sister’s crow are full brothers.

My O.W.L. Scores Were: Astronomy - E
Charms - O
Defence Against the Dark Arts - O
Herbology -O
History of Magic - E
Potions - O
Transfiguration - O
Alchemy - O
Healing Class - O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:

Astronomy - E
Charms - O
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
Herbology - O
Potions-O
Transfiguration - E
Alchemy - O
Healing Class - O  

Garden of Wisteria

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:09 am
Hi, my name is Nona Varis

But I mostly go by Whatever fake name I’m going by at the time

I'm a female

I'm 25 years old.

My birthday is April 1st

I work in …generally I just try to make my sister pull her hair out, but I do help out with her business. I’ve done a lot of jobs when I was bouncing around after school, usually in taverns and not always with all my clothes on. But I’ve had fun

My dream job is I’m still searching for that.

My blood status is Pure blood

The house I was in was Ravenclaw

I was in the class of 2027

I'm interested in guys, generally, but I’ve been known to dabble

I'm currently with I don’t really do ‘serious relationships’. I just like to have fun.

I may seem flighty and irresponsible but I'm really ….well, I’m not TOTALLY irresponsible. I just have trouble caring about things because I haven’t found my passion in life yet. In my family, everyone is so driven. When I was a little girl I just assumed that I would grow up and grow into whatever my 'thing' was going to be. My father was an Auror, my mother was relentless in her quest to invent new and exciting(re: dangerous) potions. Then there was my sister, perfect Naomi. From the time she could walk, she was always on our mother's heels, her dark eyes keen on whatever was brewing. She knew that she would devote her life to potions before she even started school.

I was excited to find my passion as well. But when I was leaving for my First Year of Hogwarts and still hadn't found 'it', I was nervous. My first three years passed in an anxious, nervous tangle of stress. I tried everything, I even played Quidditch for a year. While some subjects were fun or even, dare I say, interesting, nothing really felt like it 'fit'. Soon enough, my stress faded to apathy. It was VERY un-Ravenclaw. Very un-Varis, for that matter. But, like my sister before me, as soon as I graduated I struck out to explore the world. No, not with the same scholarly ambition but to embrace life and have experiences.

However, living in the fast lane had its risks and I wound up in a situation that very nearly cost me my life. If it wasn't for my sister, I would surely be a headstone in the family cemetery right now, next to our parents. Regardless, after that I came back to the family estate that my sister now ran and I haven't left. I'm not staying out of fear, though my experience has certainly made me more wary. I help my sister, some of the time, and get to see my niece grow up. More than anything, I still feel like that young girl who is anxiously waiting to be shown her path. In summation, I suppose I just feel stuck.

My background story is more entertaining than my sister’s. Our family has an adventurous streak and I was no different. When I was at school, I often got into trouble. Whether it was sneaking out with boys or going into the Dark Forest, I was up for anything. Right after graduation, I took off to explore the world on my own. Unlike my sister, I didn’t bother to excuse my travels with ‘study’. I was there for the experience. However, after getting myself in a particularly dangerous spot of trouble that my older sister had to help me out of, I decided to go back home with her. Since then I’ve been living with her and her daughter.

When I heard that she had gotten pregnant and gave up on her adventures, I thought that she was foolish. However, living at the estate with her and Olivia, I can see the appeal. NOT that I want children now or for a LONG time. But there is something amazing about that little girl and she makes our life here

I enjoy men, sex, jewelry, perfume, and wine.

I despise boredom, concealing clothing, hot sunny days, judgmental people, and salty food.

I'm afraid of vampires. That goes back to the trouble that I got myself in before.

My strengths are …um, having fun? These last few years I’ve really struggled to find my strengths. I am a good witch and certainly have skills but I don’t know what I’d say is a ‘strength’. Except for seducing men, that is. : wink :

My flaws are being impulsive and I tend to say exactly what I think, which can get me into trouble.

I look likethis ((Phoebe Tonkin – Face Claim submitted ))

My wand is a 13 inch bendy Apple wood wand with a fairy wing core.

My pet is a crow. Traveler is a male crow who is a full brother to my sister’s crow.

My O.W.L. Scores Were: Astronomy - D
Charms - A
Defense Against the Dark Arts - A
Herbology - E
History of Magic - P
Potions - A
Transfiguration - O
Ghoul and Ghost Studies - O
Cursebreaking - E
My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Charms - A
Defense Against the Dark Arts - A
Herbology - E
Potions - A
Transfiguration - O
Ghoul and Ghost Studies - O
Cursebreaking - E

What else you need to know about me I am an Animagus. ((MTA application submitted.)) I can turn into a black cat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:10 am
Hi, my name is Olivia Varis

But I mostly go by Liv

I'm a female

I'm 11 years old.

My birthday is May 10

My dream job is a Hogwart’s professor who is also a professional Quidditch player who has discovered a new species of dragon (which is SUPER dangerous, but he totally loves me and lets me cuddle him) all the while having like ten kids (all girls because girls are the BEST) and writing a new textbook for Caring for Magical Creatures…also I would have a unicorn

My blood status is Pureblood

The school I will be going to is HOGWARTS!!!! So excited

The house I'm in is well I will find out when I go this fall, but I HOPE its Ravenclaw like my mum and aunt.

I'm interested in um, I don’t know. Boys are cute but SO annoying. My friends are usually always girls but I don’t know if I LIKE them like them.

I'm currently with …like dating? No, silly. I’m only eleven!

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm talkative? Genius? Trailblazer? All so true. I come from a family of strong, intelligent witches that go on adventures, discover new things and invent incredible new spells and potions. My mother is the perfect example of an adventuring scholar. My aunt is the wildest spirit that you will ever find. I tend to be excitable and impetuous, but my mother has always said that those are two of my greatest qualities.

Going to school this fall is going to be amazing! Learning from so many talented witches and wizards is like a dream come true. I do love reading in my mom's library, helping in the garden and watching her brew potions. But it think that potions might not be where my passion lies. I love magical creatures and study anything that I can get my hands on about them.

((Olivia is a bright, quick-learning, exuberant little girl. She is generally always happy with boundless enthusiasm. While she is definitely 'good', she has no problems breaking rules for the sake of learning and for the sheer experience of it. 'Danger' is a word that she often hears as 'Adventure'. However, she would never go out of her way to hurt someone. In fact, she is more concerned with learning and experiences than other people. She likes to have witch/wizard friends, but when she gets an idea for something new, somewhere she wants to go, something she wants to learn about, she will plunge ahead without much concern for if anyone else thinks it is a good idea. If they want to come along, the more the merrier. But if they don't she doesn't care. Her faults are pretty clear, she is impetuous, reckless and gets single-minded about her passions. One fault though that is a secret even her mother and aunt don't know, she worries that she won't live up to her family name. She is really hoping for Ravenclaw like her mother and aunt.))

My background story is awesome. My mom is an adventurer and a scholar that came back to the UK to have a family (ME!) and start a potion and potion supply ordering service out of our family estate. Then, when I was little, my aunt Nona came to stay with us too and completed my amazing family. We have so much fun everyday and I love helping my mom and aunt in the garden and the workshop (I’m already really good at gardening. So PSYCHED for Herbology.) I don’t get to brew any potions yet (except some medicinal teas), but I love helping prep and watching my mum and aunt brew. They are dastardly witches.

I enjoy magical creatures (especially unicorns and pegasuses!), gardening, helping my aunt get up to mischief, shopping at Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade (I love to be in magical communities), and studying in my mom’s library.

I despise cabbage (blech!), being grounded, mean people, muggle towns (I hate hiding what we are), snakes, and letting my mom down.

I'm afraid of failure. My mom and aunt have done so much, I want to continue the legacy.

My strengths are working with animals and helping in the garden

My flaws are I’m impatient and impulsive. I hear that it runs in the family.

I look like this. ((Kaia Gerber – Face Claim Submitted))

My wand is a ((pending)) 14 3/4" springy holly wand with Pegasus wing feather.

My pet is a Krup. Tomtom is a naughty little puppy but he is also my best friend.

My O.W.L. Scores Are: I can’t wait to take them! I’m going to ace them

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are: I will ace these too. I aim to wipe Hermione Granger’s scores off of the board!  

Garden of Wisteria

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff