Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ RP Graveyard
[PRP: Matori] Slow Heat and White Sand (Yitzah and Masika)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:19 pm
"No! You dung-eating, root-fouled, silver-sided little 'rackers!"

Yitzah snarled, hopping from one foot to the other as the stones of the shoreline hurt her feet, "Swim in the flaming net, already!"

Patience was apparently not a virtue for the young huntress as she tried to fish in Matori's waters. The fish did not heed her curses, swimming around with simple actions as they did and occasionally nibbling at her feet. She drew back her net quickly. "Ha HA!"

she crowed, bringing up a net full of thrashing shiny captives. "Take THAT you tasty little morsels!"

She retreated to the beach with her new catch, stopping to tie off the net so that no fast escapes would happen before it was time to cook them up. Food out of the way, she was looking forward to lying on the beach and soaking up the sun - she had discovered that that was a really nice thing to do in Matori, if you used suncream regularly... which she did. Yitzah, after all, did not want to faint into someone's arms again. She looked around to see who else was about...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:42 am
DraconicFeline

Masika yawned as she walked along the shore with Maha not far behind her. Her mother's blue radaku had taken to following her whenever she left the house on her own and as such the hybrid girl had gotten used to it.

Before too long she felt her ears twitch at the sound of someone yelling. In triumph, she thought. Apparently they had caught something. When she looked up she saw who it was that had been doing all the yelling. It was an Alkidike. Amazingly Masika had started to see more and more of them since the tournament. The one her mother had fought against, the seller of the weapons, and now this one on the beach. Maha moved closer to her and angled himself just slightly in front of her as they walked, just in case something were to happen.

She thought it was unnecessary but didn't complain outwardly. Instead she watched the Alk as she walked closer and closer. Masika would have to pass by the girl in order to make it to her favorite swimming spot that had large boulders to jump off of. Once she was close enough she lifted a hand and gave a gentle wave as a greeting, smiling as well, hoping that this was another nice Amazon.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:10 am
Heras Box

There was someone else on the beach, but that wasn't a problem - the Matorians didn't bother her when she fished, and left her alone, and that was fine. They were pretty decent folks. Yitzah could get behind them.

But this one was different. Not because she was blue - no, that was just what the fishy people were - but because she was blue AND green AND had antennae. Yitzah stared at her as she walked back up the beach, and was surprised when they actually waved to her. She waved back in surprise, walked a few feet more, and stopped. "Hey. Are you a hybrid?!" she asked, turning around.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:33 am
DraconicFeline

The question that came blurting out from the Alkidike's mouth actually had her stopping in her tracks. "Uh.. yes. I'm half Alkidike and half Matorian." Masika wasn't exactly sure why that mattered but she could recall that some of the Amazons didn't like hybrids.

With Maha standing in front of her she set a hand on his head to show there was no threat, yet.

After looking the girl over for a moment she smiled. "Do you live around here or just visiting?" With the tournament having ended not so long ago she wasn't surprised that there were Alk's out exploring. Though since she'd only ever seen her family in the area it was a bit out of the ordinary.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:03 pm
Heras Box

"Really?" Yitzah stared at her for a moment, and then shrugged. Well, whatever. She wasn't sure whether the Matorian influence improved the Alkdike bits, or the Alkidike improved the Matorian bits (though she favored the former), or even if she cared. Honestly, it was interesting to see a bit of 'home' here, as far away from home as she could get. Interesting - not necessarily good, not necessarily bad. Yitzah wasn't sure.

"Uh," Yitzah had to think about how to answer that question. "Just visiting... For a while." One day, she supposed, she'd have to return to Jauhar to hunt the bug monsters, but in the meantime... She was here? Which place was home? She supposed she'd find out.

"So, you live here? Or are you from Jauhar, too?" she asked a little warily.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:07 am
DraconicFeline

Her head gave a small bob to answer "yes." Masika didn't think that a verbal response was needed for that.

Knowing that the girl was there to visit brought a smile to her face. "Ah. Well it's very nice here. The water feels great any time of the day." It was something she loved about the place. The water. In fact she wasn't so sure she would like living inland so far away from the ocean. The sound of the waves breaking on the shore was her lullaby at night and the morning sounds was her wake up call.

"I live here with my mother, father, and twin sister." She gave a small giggle. "My adopted brother too." Masika couldn't forget Draven.

But then her expression turned curious. "I thought Alkidikes lived on the Chibale Islands..?"  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:41 pm
Heras Box

Oh. Okay. Yitzah wasn't sure what to say to that. This was a part Alkidike who did not live where Alkidike were supposed to live. Well, neither did she. She didn't care enough to comment - though that was a big family, wasn't it. Lucky her. - but she felt like a comment was required?

Whatever.

"Well, yeah." Yitzah said, "But, uh, some live in Jauhar?" she said. The wording of the question surprised her. She'd always thought of Chibale and Jauhar as part and parcel of each other, but it occurred to her that she'd never really lived on Chibale. "And the animals and plants are basically the same anyway." she added. There were a few things that only lived on the Isles, she'd heard, but she'd never seen them so it wasn't really a problem for her logic.

All right, a question for a question, she guessed. "So, uh. Are you a Blade, or what?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:48 pm
DraconicFeline

So she was learning more and more about her mother's tribe with each Alkidike she met. Of course Masika had figured that the Alks could live wherever since her mother was obviously far from home, but she'd only ever heard her mother speak of Chibale, though Jauhar had been where she had met Virain. It was interesting in a way. Knowing that the flora and fauna were similar also made it easier to understand why some would make the move of the islands.

When asked about what she was it took her a small moment to realize exactly what the question meant. "Uhm, no.. I am quite horrible at fighting. I take after my father. We're magic users." Masika dug around in her side pocket as she spoke then brought out her worn set of rune stones. Of course these were what she practiced with so they didn't exactly sparkle and shine like others would. The hybrid girl showed them to Yitzah so that her path would be better understood.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:52 am
Heras Box

"Oh!" Yitzah perked up with some interest. She wasn't very good at magic. She'd tried, once, to cast a fire spell but had gotten frustrated and given up. She knew that her presumptive quarry were magic users, thus she needed to know about it, but she just couldn't do it... which meant that she had to get really good with the bow, right?

It was still intriguing, though... "Oooooh!" she said, leaning over to look at the runestones. Sparkly, too. "Hey, can ya show me some magic?" she asked, eagerly. "What can you do?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:25 pm
DraconicFeline

Seeing how interested she was made Masika smile even more. How wonderful that she wasn't ridiculed for her path. She remembered her mother saying that some Alks might be against her chosen way because they did not have magic.

"Sure. Uhm.. I know some water spells." Since it was a readily available element in Matori it was what she practiced with the most. "You might get wet though.." Her control wasn't as good as she would like it to be.

Turning toward the water a it rolled onto the shore she concentrated all of her energy on her rune stones. In no time at all they started to give off a dull glow and lift up off her hand and into the air. "Aqua flumine." Masika spoke ancient words to give her power that extra push and it showed. The water from the sea rose up in a thin stream as she directed it up with her free hand and then to the side. Since her control was minimal there were several sprays shooting out from the sides as the water struggled against the unnatural movement.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:14 pm
Heras Box

Yitzah snorted. Wet? If she wanted to stay dry, she wouldn't be near the water, would she? Any snark she might have had, however, faded into awe as she watched the water flow on its own, crystalline and sparkling. "Whoa." she exclaimed, flinching slightly as the sprays hit her in the face and body. It was the force of the rebelling drops that did it - little stingers on her skin - but it was warmer than she'd been expecting.

"That's beautiful..." she exhaled, "Really pretty stuff." She stepped back a little, "Can you really use it in battle, or something like that?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:53 pm
DraconicFeline

She was only able to hold the water like that for a few moments before it fell to the ground and soaked into the sand. Masika was hoping to maintain the display for a bit longer but she still needed to work on it. As the Alk asked her if she could use her magic in battle she turned her head to look at her. "Ah, yeah, I guess so. I'd have to practice a lot more to build up the power." Right now she just didn't have the force behind it to make it do any real damage.

Of course she wasn't a violent person so she had never seen the need to try to wield such force. However, if she was going to be a fighter like her mother she would eventually need to work on it. Maybe she could come up with ways to not hurt someone but still win a fight? "I'm not used to using my magic for fighting though."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:49 pm
Heras Box
Short post. I'm sorry.

No one's supposed to be used to it... Yitzah thought, unbidden.

"You can practice right now." she said, watching the girl's hands hopefully, "I don't mind. It's pretty." she repeated.

"Can you do any other spells?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:17 am
DraconicFeline
Late post from me.. D: sorry

Practice now? Masika thought about it. She supposed she could, though she may end up getting the poor girl wet. Of course she could do other spells. It would just take more focus on her part. So she nodded when asked about other spells that she knew. "I know two others but water is my strongest." She thought it was due to the Matorian half of her that she had a better affinity for the water. The hybrid looked at her scratched up runes and smiled. "I can try wind." It might not be as pretty as the water spell had been though.

Masika gave all of her focus to the rocks that bore the magical symbols. It was harder for her to picture the wind since there was no color that she put to it. At least not yet. But she could recall the feel of a breeze on her skin. So she put that thought into her magic and when the runes glowed the air around her began to stir. At first it didn't seem like much but eventually she managed a small tornado that kicked up the sand at her feet. It was no more than a foot tall and barely more than a few inches wide but there it was. Her miniature display of wind magic.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 pm
Heras Box

Yitzah couldn't take her eyes off of the runes. Were they floating? Were they glowing? That was amazing. "Wha!" Yitzah exclaimed, as the air stirred. It was a breeze - she should be used to breezes by now - but this had an otherworldly feel to it that made her skin crawl a little.

"Ah! It's spinning!"  
◈ RP Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff