It was a pleasant enough day to explore her new home. The sun was out but there were clouds that dotted the sky, occasionally passing in front of the sun to cool down the land. There was a breeze for when the clouds weren't blocking the strong rays and trees dotted the plains in which the young lioness walked. Igagasi was fascinated by the way the wind could make the tall grass look like waves and she'd stand very still for minutes on end just watching the rippling blades, a fond smile on her face. It reminded her of home so much that it almost made her want to turn around and go back to the Bahari. But no...she wanted to see the world. She wanted to see what was beyond her jungle. She couldn't go out over the sea any further than the islands, but she knew what water looked like. She wanted to see mountains and rivers and lakes and snow and deserts!

Letting out a little sigh of happiness, Igagasi started off again in the direction her vision had guided her in. Follow the sun once it began to set and stay true to that course. Home would be following the sun as it rose. She was sure she'd go back some day, but she had the feeling it wouldn't be for a long time. She missed her family, of course, but the hunger to see what else was out there was too great. Although she was a skilled huntress for one her age, she didn't possess the street smarts needed to notice that she herself was being hunted.

Arwach hunched down a bit further into the rippling grasses, watching the young female as she walked closer to him. He had been out on a Viking for fun with no real goal in mind, but now that he had happened across this lioness out on her own, a plan had begun to form. A well-versed Reaver had a Thrall or two to mind their dens while they were out and to hunt for them when they were home. He had yet to secure himself one. He wanted the very best, though, so while he had had opportunities in the past to bring in potential Thralls, none had suited his face. This female though...she was young, obviously strong enough to survive on her own. That was the mark of a skilled hunter. She wasn't fully grown yet and could probably be molded to fit his needs in terms of mental capacity. She might put up a fight, but he could quickly whittle down her resolve and make her obedient. She was attractive, her fur curled at the edges and her colors quite pleasing. Cubs didn't interest the male too much, but the thought of having a beautiful female at his beck and call was too much for him to pass up.

Oblivious to the danger, Igagasi pressed on, moving closer and closer to Arwach's hiding spot. She didn't notice him until it was far too late - he was already airborne and soaring towards her. Her paws scrabbled in the dirt beneath her, but she couldn't move in time. The huge lion barreled into her, knocking her off her feet and to the ground. One huge paw smacked her across her face, leaving her dizzy and disoriented. Her paws struggled to find the earth, but no matter what she did a large leg or paw prevented her from getting up.

Arwach stood over her with a feral grin on his face, his eyes narrowed as he blocked the sun from her, his shadow completely enveloping her. "Well, well, well...what's a pretty little thing like you doing out here all alone? Don't you know the rogue lands are dangerous?" As he spoke he leaned down further until his muzzle was inches from hers. He took in the terrified expression and laughed, letting his claws extend into the dirt beneath him.

"It's your lucky day, little one. I'm here to protect you."

Breathing hard, Igagasi tried to get her wits about her. Her head ached from the smack, but slowly she was regaining her senses. She could twist quickly to get off her back and flee, surely she was faster and more agile than the huge brute over her. The huge muzzle in her face made her want to reach up and swat it with her own paw, but she knew that would be a dumb first move.

"I don't need your protection," she said, her voice shaky but alert. The reply made Arwach laugh again.

"No? You fell prey to me quite easily. You're lucky you didn't run into a more...devilish lion. There's those that eat the flesh of their own, you know."

Igagasi swallowed thickly at that. Lions that ate other lions? Surely he was joking. Something told her this lion wasn't the type to joke, though. "I've never heard of such a thing," she said as she tried to squirm away. One heavy paw landed on her unprotected stomach, though, and the sharp claws bit into her skin. She winced and froze - one wrong move and he could kill her in an instant.

"No?" Arwach murmured. "That's a shame. They'd eat you up in a flash, little lioness. Which is why I'll take you home with me to make sure that doesn't happen." In a flash he reached out with his muzzle and bit down on one paw. Igagasi let out a roar of pain and tried to escape, but she knew she couldn't. Not now. Her paw was throbbing and bleeding from the attack. She couldn't run even if she tried.

Arwach chuckled as he backed off, letting the lioness finally get up. Now she couldn't escape and he could herd her back to the Stormborn. "Not to worry, we'll fix that up when we get back. There are talented healers in my pride. Now come. I am your master now."

"Master?!" Igagasi said, growling as she narrowed her own eyes. "Never! I belong to no o-"

She was silenced by a deafening roar. Arwach stood before her, teeth bared and ready to pounce again. "You. Will do. As I say," he growled threateningly. "If you wish to live."

Igagasi knew better than to test the male right now. She was in no position to fight or flee. There was little she could do other than to do as he said for now. Perhaps she could heal her paw and then flee once she was better. It seemed the best option for the time being. Remaining silent, she hobbled forward as Arwach turned to lead her to her new home. Or in her mind, her new prison.

FIN
WC: 1124