[PRP] Option Two (America/June) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:47 pm
Well at least he hadn't trounced Captain Darcy. When she'd gotten home, the dog was still asleep on the couch and well-fed nonetheless. Still, Shun had left her with a lot of questions and none of them he seemed willing to answer.

She did still have America's number. The idea of calling someone was downright terrifying and America was all but a stranger. After a couple of days of working herself up to do it, she sent the girl a text that sounded hilariously formal.

lizbot
Text to America Jones: Hello America. This is June Liu. We met the other day at the park during the water balloon fight. I was wondering if we could meet up so I could ask you some

Text to America Jones: Questions? I can bring Captain Darcy so it's not awkward. I think he would really like to see you too. Thank you and let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:23 pm
HUmming to herself as she put away the last of her dishes from dinner, America picked up her phone and finally checked her messages. She smiled at a few, laughed at a couple others, and cooed quietly over some slightly blurred, stealth cute animal photos taken by Taym. It was when she got to June's that her eyebrows shot up.

Humming again, the girl sent her reply.

chiickadee

Text to: Miss June

omg hey hun you dont have to cause im hardly ever awkward but you should bring him anyway i want me some captain cuddles where you wanna meet up at sweet pea

Extremely not formal at all.  

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:01 pm
June let out the heaviest sigh. The text message was sent and the rollercoaster of anxiety was out for now. It was good that America responded somewhat instantly too; the faster the response the faster that initial OH YIKES was over.

xlizbot
Text to America Jones: I believe it you are very nice! There is a dog park located near main street I can give you the address to. That way there can be many dogs for you!

Quote:
Text to America Jones: I can also bring tea if you like tea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:26 pm
chiickadee

Text to: Miss June

some iced tea would be a treat

On the time and day they eventually pinned their meeting on, America showed up a little early, having recently ended her shift at the bar and not having much else to do before meeting the friendly little lady and her dog. She was in dark sneakers especially picked out for potential Poo-Situations one sometimes steps into at such places, along with a pair of tiny cut-offs and breezy blue camisole.

The girl searched around the park, checking to see if the June had also arrived early.  

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am
Conversely, June showed up on time. For her, that was late. She was "late" (on time) because she had to pick up the iced tea for America. She could have just as easily said "oh I don't have any" but she didn't want to disappoint the other girl.

June came in a pair of jeans and a somewhat nicer looking shirt with a pair of flip flops. It was summer and for once she wasn't working, so the business casual disappeared.

"Hello!" she called out, awkwardly balancing the iced tea with a plastic bag of miscellaneous snacks. Captain Darcy tottered at her side, not requiring a leash. Even in the presence of other dogs, he was patiently waiting at her side. Mostly because he was a bit older and lazy, but also because he was a well trained dog. "Over here!"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:22 am
With a laugh, America quickly made her way over to June. Relieving the woman of part of her burden, she greeted her with a cheery, "Hey, Miss June! Hellooooooo Captain, you look so handsome! Who is so handsome yes it's you!"

Settling at a nearby picnic table, America looked over the bounty of snacks and teas, eyes crinkling in delight. "Well we're in for a good afternoon, now aren't we! Next time we meet up, I'll have to play a good hostess." She winked at June and bent down to give Captain some friendly buttscritches.

chiickadee

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:11 pm
"It's no problem!" she insisted as she set things down. Captain had already begun the happy wiggle when America had cooed at him, but he was positively through the roof when he was pet, rolling over and everything.

June rolled her eyes and said, "Go play with other dogs!" Captain gave a confused look and then June made a shooing motion with her hands and the corgi ran off to play with the plethora of other poodles and labradors that were present in the park. He was still within eyesight so June wasn't really worried about him getting into trouble.

"I just hope it's all stuff you like ...?" Mostly packaged donuts, a small bag of chex mix ... it was all junk food.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:41 pm
Smiling broadly, America nodded, grabbing a tea and popping it open. "'Course, what kinda heathen d'you take me for?" Taking a sip, she raised her eyebrows, "So what kinda questions you havin'?"

chiickadee

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:07 pm
June somewhat timidly reached for the pack of donuts and pulled out one. America's question had her part way through swallowing so there was an awkward moment or two before she began.

"Oh. Well. It was about the other day at the park. With the water balloons?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:19 pm
Popping a donette into her mouth, America finished it off and washed it down with more tea before answering. The girl nodded in understanding and then said, smug, "I totally ********' won."

chiickadee

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:03 pm
June smiled her tiny smile and said, "Yeah ... It was more the floating water balloon thing that I was confused about?" She kneaded her hands together and said, "I tried asking Shun about it at the precinct the other day but he didn't seem to want to share. I'm sure he had his reasons."

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:24 pm
America snorted at the mention of Shun. She liked the man well enough, but he hadn't even been moved to tears and smiles by the presence of Captain Darcy. The fellow was made of stern, possibly kinda sad, stuff.

For America herself, she'd given herself a certain guideline to go by: answer if people ask. The thing at the park, well, maybe a few people did double take, but the girl had learned a few things in her life thus far. A bit one was how people would just go about their days explaining away or ignoring the things they weren't comfortable with acknowledging. June, apparently, wasn't gonna go that route and so America would oblige as best she could.

"Magic is real, Miss June," America explained bluntly. "We were using our minds to float s**t about. It's a new ability for both me and him, and we wanted to practice it." She paused here and watched the woman's reaction, trying to gauge how well she took something so small in comparison to the rest.

chiickadee

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:32 pm
June let out a little giggle because she thought America, being a somewhat flippant woman (at least from what she knew of the lady at the park) was joking. "Okay yeah, yeah very funny. But really!"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 pm
Holding out her hand expectantly, another donette floated neatly into her palm. A moment later, the tea floated into America's other hand. Taking a sip, the girl went on, "I can see through a bluejay's eyes too, but that's harder to show and gives me headaches on this side."

chiickadee

lizbot

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:22 pm
June's eyes went wide. "What!"

The floating she had vaguely began entertaining as magic after her conversation with Shun (even then she still didn't really believe), but seeing it in person and up close was a whole other ballpark. Then America started babbling about bluejays ... headaches ... what???

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces