Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:21 pm
The light being shined on Gloom had him screeching something terrible. Whatever he had stolen the second time was snatched up by the woman as it was dropped and he ran off.

"Thank you!" she told Marcus, clutching the necklace to her chest. She promptly handed him a card with a promise of a discount if he came by and bought something.

The thief, meanwhile, had tore down one of the side paths, heading for an alleyway. The only sign of him was a long tail, flicking rapidly back and forth, under a dumpster.

iStoleYurVamps
congrats on your catch! please link this post to claim one raffle ticket in the first friday raffles!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:44 pm
Marcus hadn't expected to see something darting towards him, woman not far behind when he'd sudden gotten lower to the ground in an effort to not be spotted by whatever it was to be concerned about. (Or in general, as who would want to be spotted in a mass of people with little to no awareness of the very possibility that this was all a trap to take a census on how many human hosts there were for potential harvesting purposes.)

The small furry animal that Marcus had flicked light towards made a terrible noise that had the man falling backwards on his heels, caught only by his free hand and the notepad tumbling away into dirt and dust.

"Oh um." The woman who'd been chasing the small thing was thanking him, (for what he wasn't sure? Had he chased away something? He would rather have seen and perhaps gotten evidence of whatever creature had appeared frankly), and Marcus was just as confused when she handed him a card that he accepted, bewilderment on his face when she walked off.

A discount on.... something he'd look at and probably buy later no matter if he needed it or not. A deal was a deal after all.

What he was more curious towards was whatever he'd seen dart off, scrumbling up, dusting his rear of debris, and making his way down the path the small thing had gone. Ending in front of a dumpster.

A dumpster with a tail.

"Huh." The tail didn't look threatening. But then...
Squatting down, Marcus didn't reach down, but rather, sat his pen down behind the tail, watching it intently.
"So why did you take.. whatever it was that you took?" Marcus smiled at the tail, as if it could a) answer him or b) was a normal thing to do.
"Most thieves steal after dark, and in my experience in one steals in a crowd, its best to not run, but act casual. Not that I've done it. Just um, well, heard it from a friend is all."

Marcus was talking to a dumpster with a tail.

Ashdown Whaler

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:52 pm
The tail immediately retreated when Marcus started talking, retreating further into the shadow under the dumpster.

Instead there was a pair of white eyes visible peering at him from the darkness.

"How else do y'raise y'pick-pocketing then?!" It was a soft whine that ended in a chitter.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
There was a distinctive sound a person made when they reached a point of terror and excitement all rolled into one reaction. It was the suck in of a breath through barely parted lips and exhaled slowly, as the heart began a thunderous race and you could hear it like thundering hooves on pavement.
Or, it might have been actual horses. Marcus's hadn't sen any but you never knew when horses would show up at these sorts of events.

Scooting himself back, Marcus leveled himself onto the alleyway pavement, closing his coat the only sensible thing he'd done in a while. Head on it's side to be eye level with who ever it was he was talking to he smiled a bit and spoke casually.
"I suppose if one were to try and elevate their skills in theft, it's important to make sure that their target has their attention focused on something that requires focus. Conversations can be cut off, but visuals or watching speeches captivate mean their focus is commanded, rather than them being commanding the focus upon themselves."

A brief look of puzzlement crossed his face before Marcus added on.
"Or, you get a helper. Most people will go and cause a ruckus long enough to steal documents or jump out a window. Not that I've done those things."

Ashdown Whaler

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:41 am
Once Marcus was eye level he would see that the white eyes were the only thing visible. At least until Gloom shifted, pitch black fur able to be seen as his tail swished.

He scooted forward, at least enough that he could poke his head out enough to briefly touch noses with Marcus. It was a light snuffle, to get a feel for him. Gloom quickly shuffled back under. "Thought about that," he admitted, "but it takes so much time and y'not supposed to see me anyway. I'm shadows."

Then, as if realizing something ...

"Could y'just watch for a moment? Gonna try to stealth. It'll level it up!!"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:17 am
Marcus's eyes crossed when the furred beast (It looked like a ferret), came close. It forced him to blink, eyes feeling a slight unpleasant strain as he had attempted to focus. Ferret or, sentient stole, or perhaps a spirit of the forest like in those old mythology books, Marcus wasn't sure to class this one as 'a threat', a 'non-hostile', 'mischievous' or 'other'. Other was the catch all and when it referred to itself as shadows, it was set as an 'other'.

He could always think on it later, but petty theft was not that big a deal. Not compared to missing persons, government cover ups, or abductions.

"Oh shadows then. Right sorry." Sitting up, the front of his coat was slightly dusty but a quick brush solved that problem. If they wanted to be shadows, Marcus wouldn't intrude. "But time put into something is often worth the end result. You cannot rush perfection. Well I mean you can try but the chances that it will fall apart are numerous."

Still, he kept his gaze at the edge of the dumpster, waiting to see.
"I can certainly watch. From a distance I assume, wouldn't want to muddle whatever it is you need to get."

Why shadows would need jewelry in the first place was beyond him. Aside from a hording habit or the like. He could understand that, after all, he had a varied collection of this and that himself.
Ashdown Whaler

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:51 pm
"Player characters rush a lot," Gloom replied. "A lot, a lot. Most don't like to grind." There was a pause as Marcus edged back and started to watch him.

"M'Gloom." It was his name, obviously. Then as Marcus continued to watch him the shadows seemed to darken and eventually the shadow pine marten seemed to disappear into them entirely.

Not even the white eyes were visible.

1StoleYurVamps
lol, no, he's not gone yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 pm
Player- what? Marcus wasn't sure what the mink, (was it a mink? Marcus had never been particularly good with biology), was talking about. It sounded like something one would say if they did games but then- Maybe that's what this was to them.

So long as Marcus wasn't a target or subject of a game, he was quite alright letting this happen. Whatever 'this' was.

All said and done however, 'Gloom' was the being name which was nice to know.
"Oh. Well, It's nice too meet you Gloom." Nice to meet, then to watch him vanish. Now, talking animal might have slightly unnerved him, but a vanishing talking animal unnerved him a great deal more. Jumping a bit then looking around, He sunk back to the ground to peek under the dumpster in the hopes that maybe he was just mistaken.

"Oh uh- you still there? Gloom? Hello?" He frowned.
"I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking to myself. Not more than usual at any rate."

Ashdown Whaler

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 am
There was a pleased chitter from a shadow a little bit further down the alley. Gloom's eyes visible in the darkness and then his form.

"It worked! Y'didn't see me!" There was something that sounded like a happy squeal - as much as a talking animal could make one. "Level up!" Followed by an approximation of victory music.

Which was really just a series of chirps and chitters from him.

He blinked a moment later, seeming to realize what the man was saying. "... y'aren't talking to y'self. Y'real, m'real. Both real."

iStoleYurVamps
feel free to tag me on this account, so that i'm not missing these anymore. also that i am better now, so we should see this promptly finished (bite me walking pneumonia)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:36 pm
Getting up once more and taking a few seconds to find the source of the sound, Marcus's front was dirty and his palms had small rocks embedded in his palms as he pushed off the ground. This small being was a curious creature. Shadows and all. Gloom.

"I only saw shadows so- yes. I did not see you. Though I think I did spy someone's show back there under the dumpster. How unfortunate- one shoe isn't very good for walking." He mused to himself with a shake of his head.

"And.. That's nice to hear, that one is real. My own mind isn't exactly kind to me. However both real sounds particular. You're Gloom yes? Is Shadows another being that you are as well? Or is it Doom? Doom and Gloom?" How morbid yet poetically classical if so.

Up off the ground he walked closer, further down the alleyway without paying much thought to what was going on behind him. Social gatherings hardly trumped up this meeting. So far going out was proving to not be a total loss or social disaster.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:45 pm
Gloom would not come out of the shadows, instead staying in them because they were safe. That and too much light was never really a good thing for him in the first place. His paws crossed and he laid his head on them, watching Marcus.

"Shoes are weird," he said. "Why do player characters cover up their paws?" Not that he really gave it much thought.

At the mention of his name, of shadows, there was a soft chitter. "No, just Gloom." Sadly. "Gloom is from shadows."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:06 pm
Getting as near as he dared, Marcus bent down once more, trying to get as close to eye level as possible without fulling laying on the ground itself. Rocks and debris were as comfortable as one might expect.

"Well, people don't have paws- people have hands. And feet. They're not that resilient to rocks and sharp objects. Shoes help. They also can be quite fashionable. I personally enjoy oxfords when I'm at work. Very stylish." He gave his shoes a small tap, smiling at the fact that his current pair were still fairly well polished.

Reaching out to the shadows, Marcus couldn't help but wonder how a being could be from shadows. And perhaps, why this creature was just Gloom. It seemed out of place for there to only be one shadow being.
"So you're alone then?" He couldn't help the small downturn of his expression.
"That's... rather awful truthfully. From a human perspective at least. Social creatures and all that. I didn't mean to upset you if I did. I'm just curious." He gave a half laugh.
"Another human trait. I take it being shadows is very different than being human. But if I may ask- can I ah, touch you? I've never felt a shadow before."

If one even could.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:15 pm
Gloom made a small nod of his head, taking in the information about shoes. It was probably best to learn from a human directly as opposed to the video box but-

Video boxes were amazing.

"Not always," he replied but his tail curled around his body a moment, another huff let out. "Gloom has friends but it is-" The word was tried out with another chitter. "Lonely. Y'not from the other side, y'not shadows like Gloom. Y'squishy player characters, not ready for things yet."

His head raised up, white eyes blinking slowly and then nodded. "Y'can. Gloom is different here, not like over there." Which was why, when he inched forward, it was clear to see that the creature was pitch black fur. It would be soft to the touch, solid and cool to the touch. There was barely any warmth to him. "Y'want to touch shadows, y'have to visit me on the other side."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:40 pm
The affirmation that Gloom had friends brought a small joy to Marcus. Shadows or not, any being deserved companionship. Being alone was-
Unpleasant.

"I'm glad. Everyone should have someone. Even shadows." The fur was cool and felt like fur was supposed to feel. Only it moved, it was attached to what he saw as alive, yet it lacked that distinctive living warmth. It was almost like a living garment he morbidly thought.

"Huh. I almost expected it to be.. like smoke? Mist even, but you're real. Solid. Rather cute in that soft fuzzy sort of way." He laughed softly, trying to give Gloom a small scratch under his chin.

"Other side- that place with the mist?" He shuddered, hand pulling away. "Can't say it seemed a particularly safe place. Me being squishy sounds like a very accurate term for what I am over there. Still, I- well, I think I'd want to go back. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy."

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:47 pm
Scratches meant there was a rumble that echoed through Gloom. A low purr that started as he stuck his head a little bit more for more scratches.

"Very real, just like ya." Really, he was totally real. "Might be like that back there, 'cause m'shadows and stuff." Stuff. So very important.

"It isn't safe, not always but ..." Gloom chittered, as if in thought. "If y'call for Gloom over there, y'can be safe. Gloom will look out for ya." Those whites were focused very seriously on Marcus. "Gloom is a friend, makes sure friends are safe." His head butted against the man's hand. "Y'not crazy."

iStoleYurVamps

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces