Quote:
Lately Seung hadn’t had much of a reason for going out when he did, he just wandered around the city, when he did have a purpose it was mostly to get food, go to work or school, or to head to a small little clinic he knew. Today though he was out and with a purpose - a real purpose. He was tired of having to order clothing back home or having family purchase him things and send them to him.

Pants sizers were hard to find for him, it wasn’t his fault he’d be considered thin or slender here, but also it was hard for him to find the styles he liked and was used to. It was all just...troublesome. The mall and big name places were obviously not the way to go - they catered to the normal styles for this country. They didn’t bring in styles from other countries, what was popular and being seen all over the streets or the runways; though more specifically the streets.

Today had been thus far dedicated to checking out small clothing stores, ones that weren’t big name retailers, in the hopes of finding things he liked, and could fit, aside from shoes and boots as he had plenty of both in the shoe closet at home.

Stepping out of another small boutique he checked his phone for another address, at least here he’d picked up two hoodies he liked, the next address read off he went to hail himself a cab and giving the driver the address he let the cab take him to the next boutique. This one was said, in a review, to have many things from all over. Would they have things he was familiar with? Styles he’d like and purchase? He hoped so, he hadn’t gotten much so far. While he had a closet full of clothing he would really like some new things to work with and wear.

When he stepped out of the cab one hand was in his pocket while the other was reaching for the door and opening it as he let himself in. The hood he had up was pushed back before the hand sunk into the free pocket of his hoodie. Slender, dark, eyes looked about from where he stood just inside the boutique already assessing if this was a place to shop or a place to just leave. It was...interesting to say the least if he were being honest. He’d look around, and hope they had sizes for him and things he liked though it looked like they would, stepping further into the store he reached up to the necklace he wore, a silver wire cage with a stone inside of it that hung from a simple silver chain. It was simple but the stone was red in color and was eye catching, it was the only pop of color to his outfit aside from the silver piercings, the ring on his finger and a band of silver that was on his left thumb.

Quote:
She was in the window hanging signs when the bell rang to let her know a customer entered. She sighed knowing her sister when out to lunch, and she had two call outs today, so she was all alone for the moment. “I’ll be right with you,” she called out finishing hanging a sale sign.

A few moments later, the tall red head, appeared from behind the windows backdrop and headed over to the young man. “Good Afternoon, Welcome to Phina Fiona's. I’m Rose, is there anything I can help you with today.”

She looked the boy over trying to gauge his style, and it honestly reminded her very much Asian boyband. KPop, JPop, she had seen the videos and had traveled to many Eastern countries now, picking up new styles and pieces for the boutique.

She was no Phina, but she was thinking she knew where to stir this young man. The store functioned for its variety. It appeared very high fashion, runway chic, but with with prices that didn't always hurt your pocket and pieces you normally wouldn't see in most traditional big name shops. Phina Fiona's only had two locations, so they played to that variety as best they could.

Quote:
Startled, for a moment, at the voice and no body to go with it he glanced about seeking the owner of the voice. “Ok.” The simple word but it still carried an accent, everything he said did. But when the person appeared he took the time to look them over. Their hair was like..fire - really red. “Thank you.” She was welcoming him and he gave a very small, short, bow just a rather quick thing which he was rather used to doing - a habit.

“Looking for...shirts - pants too.” He needed a place to buy things, in his style, that was local and it looked like this place might work for him, he had his fingers crossed.

“Hard to find good style...and sizes.” A twenty seven inch waist was hard to shop for here apparently, at least for men, and that was...bothersome. He’d had to order any pants he bought from home in fact - he found nothing here yet for pants. Shirts, hoodies, sweaters, coats they had been iffy with very few being purchased here. The one area he had no problem was shoes and boots. But people wore more than boots and shoes and he needed those other things. And it looked like he might be able to find that here.

Quote:
Rose wasn’t surprised at the accent and it didn't even phase her. She traveled a decent amount now and often with an interpreter and two years in England, and trying to further her acting career while there, something that was back burnered at the moment, left her with a slight british accent. She sounded different from her sibling and her parents. It was odd, but she’d also spent the most time there.

“We have plenty of shirts and pants, but I will need to know what styles and sizes you are looking for?” She had an idea for sure, but she would prefer confirmation as opposed to educated guessing. No need to waste her time accidentally showing him things he didn’t want. Sizes she didn’t think would be a problem. Phina was very encompassing where that was concerned and made sure they had all sorts of measurements. The ipads in mounted onto a few display tables let customers even pull up conversion charts for non american sizes.

“I’m sure, we will be able to find you at least a few great items.”

Quote:
“Inch waist...twenty seven.” He answered while lifting his hoodie enough to show said waist, not to mention he was ripped - time well spent in a gym. “Hard find in stores...have to order from home and have sent...takes long time.” And he disliked the waist, and it was extra fees for shipping and all that. It just wasn’t practical.

“Shirts...fitted...different for different shirts.” Even cuts of pants could affect the size a bit. But it was more common with shirts he found. He had already taken note of her accent, it wasn’t like everyone else here...she sounded different. It was nice to hear something different in a sea of people who all sounded the same, save for their voices. They all spoke so similar, at least where he was from people in different cities had different accents. That didn’t even count the fact that those in North Korea...well they had an app for phones in South Korea so those who defected and got south could read and understand things - the language which had once been a singular thing was two different things now. It had been...shocking and troubling to hear about it when it had been on the news years back.

If they ever wanted to unify, and the people he knew did want to, than one language was needed...and how to make those who fled from the north feel at home in the south? The application for cell phones was a big step and helped. He’d known someone in his university who was from the north and used it - a lot.

Looking down at himself, letting his hoodie fall back into place, he looked at her. “Like back home...you know Korean fashion?” He asked before deciding to be a bit more specific. “Korean pop music...you know?”

Quote:
She nodded and tried not to chuckle as he lifted his shirt to show his tiny waist. Not an uncommon thing, with tiny people. She smiled listening to him and trying her best not to miss anything he said. His sentences weren’t particularly whole and while it wasn’t something she was unuse to, she knew she need to keep her ears open and pay attention.

“That does sound rather inconvenient and I certainly understand. I lived in England for a time as an actress and shipping overseas isn't terribly fun.” Easy, yes, technology made most things easy, but still a pain.

When he asked if she knew Korean pop music, she nodded politely. “Yes, if fact I have been to Korea and have certainly seen the Kpop fashions there. It's a part of the job to travel and bring style back. We have more of that style just over here, follow me, please.”

She moved through the store past h-racks and spin racks. It wasn’t far, the boutique was decent sized, but it wasn’t enormous. On the wall were outfits spanning the wall up until the dressing rooms started, and beneath it the separate piece hung. On a few spin racks in front of the section housed different clothing not only from Korea, but other parts of asia too. The clothes seemed to be separated by continent, country and city, a very different system for sure, but one that worked supremely well for this side of the store.

“I think you should be able to find what you are looking for over here. Shirts, well this store has them in a wide range of sizes, so can look most anywhere you see shirts.”

Quote:
He couldn’t help that he had a small waist, it wasn’t uncommon where he was from. He had a smaller, slender, frame and added to it he worked out and ate well...though Terry would say he didn’t eat enough - and he likely still didn’t. He was still unaware of the other adding food to his plate whenever they ate together somewhere, be it the others home or some public place.

“Moved here...September, have been ordering since then. Some clothing can get here...universal is coats...shoes, boots, sweaters.” Though some sweaters and hoodies he had to get from home. Coats were a more universal thing with now a whole lot of difference in appearance no matter where you went. Shirts and pants however...that was a big different between here and back home. Just looking at what he wore and what was sold in a major retailer at the mall. It was a very big difference...he’d gotten odd looks and whispers, which he’d understood in some cases. Most had to do with him being male...good skin, his clothing, and eyeliner - make up. He stood out and he knew it...and while he was gay it wasn’t the reason he dressed as he did, despite the few people who had whispered that about him.

As she informed him that she had been to Korea and knew the fashion he nodded, smiling at her, that was good. She knew what he would be aiming for, or at least had a very good idea of it. “Wish they had such...variety elsewhere….hard to find clothing here...this city….not lot of fashion difference.” Not a lot of diversity. They had their own styles but that was it. And for his own style he did get looked at where back home that wasn’t going to happen. It was why he had no friends in school...too different in culture and the language barrier. They weren’t open minded. “Older cousin is idol back home…” He said in a rather off handed manner. He had gotten a lot of his style from his elder cousin as well as the other idols that danced on stages and sand for large audiences - they had influence...enough that plastic surgery was a huge thing in South Korea...even he’d gone under the knife.

Following her he took in what was around them until they reached the asian clothing and he got to see what she had for Korean fashion and nodded. “Keep up to date? Watch trends in Korea?” He asked wanting to know, if she did than he knew he’d still be in style with whatever he got here and he’d like that - prefer it. He might not be back home but he didn’t want to be in out of fashion clothing...or wear something that had never been in fashion to begin with. He cared about how he looked and the fashions back home, despite being how far away from home.

Listening to her talk about shirts he nodded his head once. “What size you think?” He asked not sure how American sizes really ran generally. “Will tell me what you think...opinion?” He asked hoping she would offer her own opinions and help as well.

Quote:
Even if he hadn’t told her he moved here in September and that he was ordering from home she would have realized from the broken sentences that he wasn’t likely born and raised here. She listened to him speak, making sure to give him her full attention not wanting to misunderstand him. Miscommunication sucked a lot. It happened even back in England when she wasn’t very use to some of the heavier accents or the slang. Some things she’d heard before but there were a lot that she hadn’t.

“There is plenty of variety in this city dear, you just have to know where to look. Of course I wouldn’t really be looking for korean clothing as I’m just on average much taller and heavier than the population there, but I certainly know a few spot. And as insulting as this sound we have a China town, sure they sell tourist things mostly, but there are a few gems there. I’ve not a few cute things for my sister. She a little taller than average, but really tiny.”

She gave her best Jacobs smile at the mention of his cousin, “an idol huh? Just a few minutes talking to you and honestly I wish my little sister was here. She works here too, you might like each other. At the very least she’d be excited to chat.”

She watched as he looked over the clothes and gave a chuckle when he asked about her keeping up to date. “Well it part of the job, I have to travel a lot visiting countries and keeping in contact with designers, so yes I would say I keep up to date. I do not however know everything of course, I’m not the only one running this, we split the work efforts.”

At the sizing question she walked over to the Ipad station set up on a table displaying folded jeans and t-shirts, just a few feet away. It bolted down and charging, but easily accessed. “What you’re looking at should have korean sizing, so you should be fine to just get your size, but for everything else there are ipads set up around, you only need to click this app right here and it takes you too the sizing charts. There are different charts, for men, women, and children, as well as a unisex chart.”

Quote:
“I have not been to China town...just Korea town.” Which was where he worked. They had some things but just...not enough. He saw some things that he liked, some things which he could use, but not enough. The same amount of clothing stores, the variety, wasn’t there and the same applied to the beauty stores as well. But if she knew places he would be leaving with clothing and a list of the places she knew. She was telling the truth though when she mentioned how most of their fashion as she was too tall for it and not as slender as most back home were, though there were exceptions of course.

“Could you give me list of places you know here I can go to?” He asked, hoping she would do so for him. If he could find a good variety of places to shop, of styles he liked, he’d be happy as he wouldn’t need to bother his family members or wait for things to arrive from back home. It would be a plus for him, a big one.

“Yes, elder cousin works for SM Entertainment - is a singer.” He answered smiling. It had been an issue for some of the family, especially the older members, who were disappointed that he hadn’t gone to university and had wasted, according to them, the potential he had to do well in life. Seung’s elder cousin was smart, good with languages, and to become an idol...it had bothered some members of their family. Others, especially the younger ones, were happy for him - proud even. It wasn’t something any bragged about but it was a sort of silent pride they had.

“Of course, just don’t get to see what every store has back home or what everyone is wearing.” So he wanted another set of eyes, someone else who knew what was being worn back home. It would help in his decision making, he wanted to keep in style even while living so far away. “Your sister? Why you think we would get along?” He asked curious and wanting to know, as he looked over the red haired woman, questioning dark eyes focused on her.

Walking over to inspect the piece of technology he nodded, poking at the screen once. “Ohh, very nice. Never seen this - it is good to have.” It would be helpful if he found something not labeled in sizes he knew right off the bat. It also surely helped other customers, those not familiar with non-American sizes. He hadn’t seen this sort of technology before and liked it, it was interesting. “Very helpful with this all. Thank you very much.” He would be bringing his younger cousin here as well, just not today, but she would like it here as well. He honestly seemed to appreciate the technology and be impressed with it, which he was, as he looked over the screen and what it displayed. Yes, he liked this store and would be here more in the future.

Quote:
Rose was really happy she got to help this boy, this certainly wasn’t where she thought her life would take her. This wasn’t her dream, running this business, preparing for the day when she wouldn’t, not that she knew when that was. At least it wasn’t just her, this was a family affair and it was for a friend who did so much for a sister, wherever she might be now.

“I can certainly give you a list. I could even email it to you leave, just jot down your email and I will send you a list. The few in China town as well as a few other’s scattered around town. They can be a bit of a ride, but its better than days or weeks wait from Korea, yes? There are even some places in the surrounding cities.” She could do it from the ipad of the register which stored their mailing list and had access to gmail.

She nodded when he talked about seeing things back home in korea and understanding. She honestly had gotten use to England’s fashions, so it was nice she could find them here in Fiona’s but at the same time, she like to try fashions from every culture.

“My sister, oh honestly she likes everyone, but she would probably like to here about your cousin since she is a singer too and would like to hear about Korea since when she makes it she wants her music to touch the world. She’s just very sweet and curious.”

She watched him poke the screen, then turned looking around the store for other things he might like or might look good on him. She moved away from him to other sections and grabbed a few things, a jacket she was sure was from Italy, pants from Milan, a hoodie she was sure was american, even some simple jewelry she saw on a rack. Not matching pieces, but pieces that seemed fitting. Grabbing a few more, she brought them to him and held them out.

“You might like these, look and see, maybe try some on. I think I’ve got the sizing right, and anything you like I’ll give you Phina’s special first time discount on. That woman was a Saint sometimes I swear. Sound good to you?”

Quote:
E-mail was a good idea, it would keep the information in one place and easy to access whenever he wanted. “Trip isn’t problem, subway and trains, cabs also.” He answered, not minding a trip to get to a clothing place. He had lived in Seoul and so driving about the city...wasn’t a thing, too much traffic and too busy. He could drive but that was for outside the city. Inside the city it was other modes of transport, ones which made sense. He’d started using normal public transport, and a bicycle, at a young age as a means of getting to school and going to places with friends, or the library to study. So the mention of going outside the city, or a distance, didn’t bother him in the slightest.

“You have mailing list? I can give you e-mail there and you can send the addresses.” And he would be checking them out the next time he had free time on his hands, between work and school it could be a bit scarce to be honest. It was hard enough, at times, to fit in dating and being a knight. He spent a lot of time studying and working toward bettering himself, catching up on what was different here education wise...especially learning English.

“Could meet her, your sister, and could tell her. I know about the industry from my elder cousin.” Brightening up, after a moment of seeming not so bright. “Would like to hear her sing as well. I like music.” Though he hadn’t looked into much music outside of his home country, just what he heard on the streets and elsewhere. He hadn’t gone out of his way, he didn’t know what was popular...what was in...he was rather clueless to be honest. If he were speaking of music from Korea he could easily name popular groups, songs, and groups that had been around for a long time and well known in the industry. He could pick groups which fit a person's taste best as well, though his own taste was varied. Here he was clueless - again. Another thing he was clueless and unsure about, so he stayed away from it as much as he could.

As the red head vanished for a few moments he turned when she returned and looking over the items nodded. The fact she had picked out jewelry was interesting, how many men here wore jewelry? But he pointed to it and smiled. “That I will take, all of that.” The style didn’t need to match, he sort of mixed and matched his earrings and rings anyway, as well as anything else he threw on with his clothing. Sometimes there was a theme but half the time, maybe a bit more, there was no theme it was just whatever he wanted to put into his holes.

“Thank you, I’ll try these on and some more things.” He said smiling to her as he took the items into his arms and went to grab a few more things, from the Korean section, and then looking about spotted the fitting rooms and headed for them. He felt good, better, being able to have some help and being able to find things which he liked and not having to order them but having them here - in hand.

Quote:
“See now that's good thinking, shopping can always be accomplished. I like to keep my closet well stocked, and I’m not above taking the bus or even walking especially if i'm on lunch break here.” It reminded her of a mall, it was a little way out, but part of the mall had a asian inspired all at the end, with an asian food court, serving all sort of food from all over asian, an asian supermarket and a few asian boutiques. One she was certain was Indian, but she thought one of the other’s might be korean.

When he asked about the mailing list she nodded, “yes of course we do. You can sign up from any of the ipads actually. Just click the app that looks like a scroll and add yourself, after your done I will send you the list of shops and I can send you some of our current and future promotions.”

She nodded when he mentioned meeting her sister and wanting to hear her sing, “Well she goes to Destiny City University, so maybe you might see her there in the music department. But honestly unless she’s here the easiest place to find her is in the main city park on Saturday, she sings there by the big fountain. If you want to go this saturday I will let her know you are coming, otherwise she’ll be in one Monday here. I’m sure she will be happy to talk music and sing for you.”

She was happy to see that jewelry went over well and happy to hand it over. “There is more over there,” she said point to a few racks lined up together with all sorts of accessories. Hats, scarves, earring, bracelets, necklaces, glasses, belts … you name it, it's probably over there.”

She moved away as the door sounded to let her know she had another customer and let the boy go to try on the clothes. She greeted the new customer as she would anyone and let them browse. It was a regular, one she knew would want to catch up upon check out. Phina had be a very social shop owner and many of her regulars loved to talk, Rose had strived to keep up the trend, she was very outgoing her and and observant. It was an easy enough role to fall into.

She moved over to the register, working to make the list, while waiting for her new favorite customer to finish. She liked the boy, there was something about him that was somewhat innocent and candid. She realized why she thought he might like Lily then, more than before, those traits, she saw in her sister too. She liked her style and she picked her places to get it. Delicate and lacey was Lily, of course that wasn’t they boys style, but it was the principle of the matter.

Quote:
She seemed like his sort of person, at least when it came to shopping and having the latest things to wear, even if it meant going out of your way for it. Though for him, in the past anyway, it was all in the same city. Here it seemed some things would be outside of the city, but he was more than willing to go the distance if it was for clothing.

When she explained about the mailing list, and how to sign up for it, he did just that quickly. Singing himself up and sending in the info, he couldn’t wait to get updates and to get the list of places from the red haired woman. He was certainly bringing his cousin here, he liked the service and the help she provided. He thought about that, and then thought about his cousin and how she’d like this place, as he got changed into some of the clothing she had picked out for him. Looking himself over in the mirror he nodded and decided the items, though not from Korea, would be hanging in his closet by days end. Those went, folded, into a pile that would steadily grow as he tried on more things.

On the way out, before heading for the register, he picked up a few more accessories. A hat, on second thought two hats, and there was a bandana he grabbed and a scarf for when winter came even if that was months off. A few more pieces of jewelry were also grabbed. He had a lot, he knew it, but as he approached the register he smiled at Rose.

“I thought about it.” Though briefly while changing. “And you can tell your sister to expect me at the park. I’d like to meet her and hear her sing.” He was interested in hearing her sing, it seemed she might be good from what her sister here was saying. He knew family, and friends, could always make someone out to be better than they were but who knows...some were really good.

Quote:
When his email address popped up, she was still working on the list, but since he was trying on clothing she knew she had time. She wanted to make sure she listed as many stores as she can think of in Destiny City and the surrounding areas. She even thought of some places in London, she might be able to connect with to see about bringing things to Fiona’s. Her brother might not like it, but either he or she was going on a trip soon.

She looked up as he came out and seemed to continue shopping, and she finished up quickly while he shopped and sending the list off. When he walked up items still in hand, she took her employee key card, key in the discount code and swiped it. One the receipt he would notice the discount at the top. First Time Customer 35% off. It was a nice discount. She took the items and started to ring, fold and bag them.

“I’m glad to see you liked the pieces and that they fit. It seems maybe I’m getting better at this business manager deal,” she gave a small laugh and smiled at him.

She continued making sure to put the jewelry in a smaller bag for him so that he wouldn’t lose any of it when he unpacked his new items. “I sent you the emails, the standard mailing list first and the list of stores second. Separate because the standard one as an html ad like page.” She gave a nervous laugh, “sorry I'm not very tech savvy, it was explained to me, but it might be a while before I get it.”

She told him is total and his saving, so that he could smiling before smiling brightly at the boy. “I will certainly let her know. What was you're name? I can even see if she knows some Korean music to sing for you. She is happy to take requests? Got any favorite songs?”

Quote:
“Maybe you are. You have been to Korea so know the style - that helps. You have been elsewhere also and know the styles.” So she could identify styles and know what should go with them. So find someone who knew Korean fashion was...it was pleasing to say the least. She had not seemed surprised by it and had clothing which fit not just the Korean style, varied as it was, but his style and even in other areas. She was good.

“Will bring my little cousin next time. She will like it here also.” Eunkyung had a different style from himself, very different, but they had clothing here which fit her style and she would like. She blended a Korean style with sort of Japanese lolita style without going over the top with the lolita style. There were just very slight hints to that in Eunkyung’s closet and that was good - she didn’t look like a living doll.

“Ah, that’s fine. Do not mind two e-mails. Will look at them when I have lunch.” Though what for lunch...that was the question. Something light for sure, nothing too heavy. He’d figure it out, he knew he would. Some light soup maybe.

“Kim Seung, would say it as Seung Kim here.” He said bowing his head once, a small bow. It was at her question that he paused and thought, it was not easy really - so many songs and artists. Though he could say his cousin and his group he didn’t, he could talk to him and have his cousin sing to him whenever he wanted really.

“BTS, just released a new album - last in a three set of albums.” The most beautiful moment in life part three had just dropped and the three new tracks were just...amazing really.

Quote:
Rose gave a small laugh and stated, “you are very polite. Thank you for the compliment. This is very much a learning process. This business is inherited and I’m an actress, thrown in the world of retail business, but at least I’m always up to date on the latest styles.”

She handed him his bags and his receipt, but made no real move to wish him farewell. “Oh well, I absolutely can’t wait to meet your cousin and hopefully we can find her something she will love as well. Im never opposed to more business, more business mean we can stay connected. Keep up on trends and continue to travel to do so.”

She moved from around the counter spying another customers that had entered looking lost, “as for lunch, that depends on what your are up for. There is a great pizza spot, two blocks down and one block east, but if you're not feeling up to that there are a few more restaurants on the same block. Pho, and Indian place and one that I believe sells soul food.”

She held a finger up to let the customer know she was coming, “It was very nice to meet you Seung. I will let me sister know that you are coming and I will remember to ask her if she knows BTS. She might. Have a good afternoon and come again soon. Let me know how the shops worked out for you.”

Quote:
“An actress...theater? Movies?” He asked wondering which, how could he not be? He did wonder how long till his cousin was asked to do some sort of drama back home in Korea, a lot of singers seemed to get pulled into dramas or movies or even modeling in some cases. How had an actress gotten into being the owner of a clothing boutique? That was a rather odd, and very different, line of work. Maybe the next time he was here he could ask, among other things he might wind up asking Rose.

“Yes, she will like it here and you.” He knew that, though his cousin liked everyone really, and a lot of people liked her. She did however sometimes get people upset with her, due to her pointing things out to them - never intending to upset people.

Listening to what sort of places to eat were nearby he nodded, wondering if he should try one of them...and which one. “Thank you, will try one of them.” And he would, but which one? He supposed he’d figure it out by looking at each place, maybe picking up some scents when he walked by each. He’d figure it out though. Soul food he’d never heard of...maybe that would interest him, maybe not.

“I will and thank you, helped a lot.” he said smiling and giving the quickest, shortest, bow he could while still showing manners. Turning, noting the new customer, and headed out - time for lunch.