[PRP] Training Dayz [America/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:25 pm
Whether he liked it or not, it seemed his newfound ability was here to stay. Quite frankly, it wasn't really a useless one, either. As much as remaining normal would have been nice, he felt there was little use in letting this new skill go to waste. There were a number of situations where it would come in handy. And if the issues of other Ashdown were as vast as he thought, having every advantage would be good.

He might not be able to cross to the other side, but he'd make due with what he had.

Shun would have done this in the privacy of his own apartment, but there wasn't really a lot of space there. So he was out in the park in the evening. He thought he was alone, and using the darkness as cover should help him from being noticed. A hood was pulled up over his head, in case someone did spot him. He went ahead and gathered up some miscellaneous things. Mostly sticks and small stones.

Tossing these onto the ground, he held his hand out, staring at the objects. He didn't even know the limit of what he could do yet. He'd get to that eventually. Along the way, he was determined to better his control over it. An untrained skill was potentially useless. Or even dangerous. And such, he drew in a breath, and began to raise one of the things off the ground, one by one, if possible.

Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:37 pm
Walking home from Darlene's was always nice sort of wind down, even better when it was quiet night and she could just sorta be for a little while. Be her own breath, her own heartbeat, her own soft steps through the park. A very different existence from the waitress bustling through the loud and cheery bar.

The park wasn't entirely empty, though. She almost simply turned and avoided the other person hanging out there, taking a longer path around the place. But there was something odd, something she couldn't get a close enough look at. The excuse to look through Mr. Bitterberry's eyes was hard to pass up, especially when it was practical. Kinda.

The view was from on high, but the sharpness of the jay's eyes picked up the small floating object, lifting one at a time. Returning to herself with a quiet ache in her head, America grinned and crept closer.

Focusing in and giving it a bit of will, America lifted one of the stones up herself.

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:52 pm
Shun maintained his focus, keeping the objects aloft. He went on to begin moving them around, but paused as an extra bit of movement happened out of the corner of his eyes. Another stone came floating up. That was not from his own volition, however.

He narrowed his eyes and dropped all of his things at once before looking around to try and find whatever was causing that. Not too far off, he spotted a vaguely familiar figure in the darkness, standing nearby. He wasn't completely sure who it was though, given the current lighting.

So he stood there, tense and somewhat defensively. His gaze shifted to the nearby stone now and then, waiting to see what the other figure would do.
Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:03 pm
With a friendly laugh, she lifted the stone higher and then floated over, right into her waiting hand. Outside of small attempts at home, America had been a little cautious with the ability, worried it might bring headaches similar or worse than what she got from looking through Mr. Bitterberry's eyes. So far...nothing. She was beginning to have some thoughts as to why, but it was a relief to know someone else was testing this floaty business.

"Hey there! I'm..." Getting closer, she paused and squinted at the figure, the glimpse of features under the hood, that posture, and she laughed again, "Do I know you...there's something 'bout that..." Frowning dramatically, she pointed toward her mouth.

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:23 pm
Shun lifted his head a bit as he heard the voice, which he definitely recognized.

"America," he greeted. There definitely could have been worse as far as who found him out here. She probably wasn't going to attack him. And she wasn't just some random bystander who might freak the ******** out over seeing this display of power.

"It seems you are full of tricks."

Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:34 pm
With a grin she closed the distance. "Hey, Detective Shun! Yeah, it just sorta," a flutter of her fingers, "showed up one day. Bit different from my bird stuff." Rocking back on her heels, she asked, "How long you been doing the floaty thing?"

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:58 pm
Shun grunted lowly in response.

"Since the day after the library mess," he replied, "It is an unrefined skill. I feel I will need a fair bit of training with it before it can be of any real use most likely."

There was a pause as he looked her over.

"How long have you had it? Around the same time as the bird?"

Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:19 pm
"Didn't notice 'til about a week after the full moon." The girl shrugged, "Coulda had it for awhile without catching on, though. So this was training up, then? I haven't managed more than two things at once, but I've been thinking of it as as like.." she held up her hands, "just another set of these really. Like hey, you, hand me this!"

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:26 pm
At that, he slowly nodded.

"Sounds about right. It is not easy getting more than that, but yes. This is training," he stated while looking off to the side and lifting up a small pebble. He then tossed it at a nearby tree. It didn't hit it.

"I have a feeling that with some refinement, I may be able to fling things accurately."

Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 pm
Smile a bit wry, she added, "Woulda been handy, right?" She doesn't specify when, doesn't have to.

Holding out her hand, the stone she'd taken begins to rise and then float a small distance ahead of her. It moves back once, then forward, then back, as if some invisible arm was trying to aim and gain a bit of momentum. When it finally released it hit a tree. A bit aways from the one they'd been aiming at.

"Well dang...guess I better practice my pitching right along with ya."

She lifts two more and tries to fling them through the air, taking less time. They flew in opposite directions, though not too much worse than her first try.

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 pm
Shun watched as America went to try the same. Well she did hit a tree. Just... not the one she was trying to hit it seemed. Her subsequent attempts were really not much better at all.

"Yes... It seems to require a bit more finesse than throwing them the normal way," he murmured, thinking to himself. After a few moments, something came to him.

"What say you... to a training exercise. One that should benefit the both of us. Not only to improve our aim, but our reflexes as well. We could toss something at one another... preferably something safer than sticks or stones. I bet with even more practice, we may be able to catch things hurled."

Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 pm
Bouncing on her toes, America beamed at him, "That'd be ********' perfect! Training my mind's not really..." she made a face, "...well, that sounds a lot better than thinking real hard at stuff and trying to find zen and s**t."

Folding her arms behind her head, she considers their options. "Maybe with pillows?" A shameless wink and then, "I got some cute pajamas ready if so."

blade kuroda

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:53 pm
Shun just gave America a look.

"No pillows. They are too unwieldy. Beanbags would be better, but I do not have any of those lying around. Something smaller and more compact would be more ideal. Something relatively easily accessible too for that matter."

The cop folded his arms over his chest as he tried to think of what else they could use.

Lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:20 pm
With a shameless kissy face in response, America gave the situation some serious thought. hand on hips, she announced, "There's a drug store 'round the corner that should still be open. If we aren't going fancy or elaborate, then whatever we need is probably in there."

Shooting him with a fingergun, she went on, "C'mon Officer Smiley, let's go shopping!"

blade kuroda

get in loser

lizbot

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26 pm
Shun's fingers twitched at that nickname.

"Do not... call me Officer Smiley," he hissed. Shaking his head, he huffed and took a couple of steps forward, "But we can head to the store to see if there is anything there we may be able to utilize."

Lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces