Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for all Star Wars fans to chat, hang out and make friends! 

Tags: star wars, the force awakens, scifi, movies, fantasy 

Reply The Star Wars Guild
How were you introduced to Star Wars? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which was the first movie you watched?
  Episode I: The Phantom Menace
  Episode II: Attack of the Clones
  Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
  Episode IV: A New Hope
  Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
  Episode VII: The Force Awakens
  Never seen any
  Don't remember
View Results

AlwaysKeepFighting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm
Dolphina Oceanus
Better late than never, indeed! Welcome to the fandom!

User Image "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Thank you.

gaia_kittenstar

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

"If only you knew The Power of the Dark Side." User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:53 am
AlwaysKeepFighting

I had watched Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.. many many years ago.
But, at that time, for some reason or the other, it just didn't catch my interest.

No, years later, finally last December, I took it on myself to sit and watch Star Wars I to VII, all of them, that too for the first time ever.
And, I'm being very honest.. at the end of it all, I was literally at such an emotional high, I just kept arguing with myself in my head, on why I was so dumb to have not followed this series all these many years gone by.
Regrets and lots of regrets to that, but like that saying goes, "better late than never"
Everyone I know in real life, aren't fans of Star Wars.. and I was just like one of them, until Star Wars embraced me with it's magic and changed me forever.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I am so happy to see the latest movies bring new people! Disney has really done a great job getting people excited for these "old" movies again.
Welcome to the fandom! I hope you'll enjoy all future movies just as much.  

Ven Loki
Captain

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500

reveiller

Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:00 am
my dad made me watch episode v, vi, and vii when i was a child so star wars has been a part of my life as far back as i can remember
i had star wars mugs and toys  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:25 pm
Ven Loki
I am so happy to see the latest movies bring new people! Disney has really done a great job getting people excited for these "old" movies again.
Welcome to the fandom! I hope you'll enjoy all future movies just as much.

Thank you, Ven Loki.. for the warm welcome in to the cavalry know to us fans as Star Wars.

Literally, there was no reason, nor the hype of The Force Awakens that drove me to sit down to watch Star Wars, all the Episodes from 1 to 7. It was December, and I had nothing to watch. All my favorite small screen shows were taking a break mid-season, and there weren't much Anime shows to watch, except for the one or two that I regularly watch every week. I used to visit Towns in here and meet Cosplayers.. and sometimes there were discussions brought up regarding Star Wars. Not that I haven't been in these situations many a times in the past, for so many many years now. I have no idea what made me say let's go check out Star Wars just for the fun of it. At the back of my head, I knew that there was a new Star Wars movie that got released in 2015.. but that wasn't good enough reason to make me sit and watch Star Wars for real. In spite all that I just mentioned.. I just did it and went ahead, sitting and watching all the movies in fan order i.e. 4, 5, 1. 2. 3. 5, 6 and lastly 7.. in that order. Thanks to a fans answer that I had seen on Google about watching the movies in that order, really really helped a lot. I Before sitting down to watch the movies, I told myself that if I really didn't like it, or if it just wasn't something that peaked my interest.. I would stop watching it right away. But, that just didn't happen at all. I had watched Episode IV: A New Hope.. like 20 years back and that was the first Star Wars movie I had ever watched, until December 2015. I recall browsing through the TV channels and bumped into a scene of Darth Vader, dressed in black and that skeletor like black mask on his face.. I thought this was a horror movie and stayed on that channel just to see how the scene would progress ahead.. and I ended up watching the entire movie from thereon till the end. It was a good movie, no doubt.. but back then, to be honest, it really didn't catch my interest in it. All these years, if anyone said Star Wars, I would say, "Oh yeah.. that movie with the lightsaber and that black masked dude.. yup I saw that many years ago". I mean, the most iconic figure I could remember in all of Star Wars was that dude with the black skeletor mask (Darth Vader). Often at times you could normally run into a Darth Vader meme, covering so many subjects. My parents know nothing about Star Wars. My younger brother knows about Star Wars, just that little much about it from when we watched A New Hope back then and he's not a fan of it, as I too wasn't a fan at that time. All the friends I know, they too aren't fans of Star Wars or like most of them just don't know what Star Wars is. So, you can see, there wasn't anything around to influence me towards the truth and the magic of what Star Wars truly is. But, in the end, I must say, that getting to watch all the movies in that fan order really made the experience a lasting one. Now, I'm just a madly obsessed fan of the series. I wish there were people around me irl with whom I could talk about Star Wars.. but I'm glad to find many fans of Star Wars out here on Gaia. It makes up for it all. I wish I was a fan of this series from way back then. Even though I had never watched Empire Strikes Back before, I already knew about the whole Darth Vader being Luke's Father.. thanks to all those unlimited memes around the internet over the years sad I wish I had that look of "shock"" "wtf?" and "nooooooo.. that can't be true!!" like these guys did when they first learned about the truth:

AlwaysKeepFighting

The Star Wars Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas