Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The Ill-Prepared Adventurer (Rhina x Okeechobee)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:43 pm
User Image "Ready, Wadulisi?" Rhina asked her mouse, not really expecting a response. Nevertheless, the rodent scampered up her leg, resting on the crudely assembled pack that Rhina had thrown over her back. It held necessities, like food. And more food. Water she'd find along the way. It's not like she was going on a long trip or leaving for good. She dreaded to think how her mother would react to that. It was miracle enough that she even allowed this excursion at all. "Frivolous adventures" would get in the way of her precious plans to turn Rhina into a mini-version of herself.

But she didn't want any of that. Any of the seducing and manipulating and weaving webs of lies. The thought of her doing such things sickened her. But it wasn't as if she despised her mother or thought ill of her. She could do whatever she wanted. But that life wasn't for her. For Rhina, her life was out there. And this was her first step towards that new life.

Brimming with excitement, the usdia trotted along, almost hesitant at first, but her gait grew in speed until she was in full gallop. With her haphazard pack bouncing precariously on her back, she sped forward with reckless abandon, far into the grasslands. She'd be the first to admit she didn't have any real plans. She didn't need them! Just go straight forward until you find something.

And straight forward she went, until the sun reached high in the sky. Finally, she came across a river, wider than any of the pitiful creeks near her home. She stared in amazement, having never seen such a thing before. It wasn't until now that she noticed she'd been running for so long, and knelt down for a snack... only to realize that her pack was gone!

No wonder Wadulisi was squeaking so much a while ago! But Rhina was too excited and impatient to have a care at the time. And now she's far from home with no food.

"And I took all that time putting it together" she whimpered, bending to take a drink from the river at least. A sense of dread came over her, realizing her situation, as her mouse squeaked at her as if scolding her.

379 words

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:57 pm
User ImageOkeechobee had been spending the day lazing around by her favorite river with her little duckie Withlachoochee. Presently, he was tail up in the water, searching for something beneath the surface for something that Okee could not see. Not that she minded. She was currently lounging on the banks with a stretch of leather and a bit of charcoal charting out her next expedition. Rumor had it there was a patch of the sweetest black raspberries every up in the mountains about a days walk form her herd, and she was going to taste them. Just the thought of it got her tail to swishing excitedly. If the rumors were true, though they rarely were, then the berries would be so sweet they would actually make your tongue tingle.

Anticipation make Okee spring up onto her hooves, ready to get going and prepare for her jounrey. There was so much to do! She had to inspect her pack to make sure that it was still waterproof and had no holes, test the sttraps to make sure that they would hold the pack on, pack food and water for the trip, waterproof her map so that it wouldn't smudge if it got wet... so much so much!

"Come on Choochee," Okee sung, putting the charcoal away in her knapsack. "We've got a lot to do if we want to be ready to go by sunrise tomorrow!" but Choochee was nowhere to be seen. When Okee had last seen him he was diving for food but now... now he was waddling over to a mare that Okee had never seen before. That was odd, new soquili didn’t normally stray out this far. Not that Okee was upset to see her, new soquili were adventures in and of themselves! She toddled behind Choochee with a smile bright and shining across her face.

“Hellu,” she called, bouncing slightly as she did, “welcome to my favorite river! I’ve never seen anyone out here! Do you live nearby or is this your favorite river too?” All while she spoke, Choochee muttered and honked, eyeing the mouse out of the corner of his eye with suspicion.

Words: 359

Valkymie

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 pm
Surprised, Rhina jerked up from the water and spun around to the source of the voice.

Wide-eyed, she couldn't help but stare at the other mare, who seemingly appeared out of thin air. Or was she always here and Rhina just didn't notice?

"F-favorite river? I'll be honest, I don't even know where I am right now! I'm from over there!" she said nodding vaguely towards the grasslands with no actual indication of where her home was. Even in her surprise and confusion, her words were an energetic tumble of whatever came to her head.

"Who are you?" she added, "I take it this is your favorite river?"

It is a nice river, she thought. But the question made her wonder. Did she have a favorite river? There was a nice little creek near her home...but rivers? She'd never really seen one in person before. She took a moment to ponder the river, head cocked.

"I guess....this could be my favorite river after all." she decided. Technically it was the only river she knew of. That would make it her favorite by default right? But oh, that would make it her least favorite by default as well. The conundrum made her completely forget about her previous predicament, until Wadulisi squeaked at her to snap her attention back. Though the mouse was surely trying to get her to notice the duck that seemed to glare at her, it seemed she only reminded her that her food was gone.

"Ah! I...I don't want to impose..but do you have anything to eat?" she asked, suddenly sheepish. Only a few hours into her adventure and she was already begging for scraps.

281 words

Sweenys_Revenge

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:42 pm
Valkymie

Oh, Okee hadn't meant to frighten the mare. She took a step back to try and calm the other Soquili's nerves and followed her nod back towards the grasslands. So she was lost. Well that was no good. A wayward soul lost and alone in the world... no good at all. And a starving wayward soul at that! Okee ran back to grab her pack and set it down in front of the new mare.

"Help yourself! I always pack extra, just in case of emergencies!" Okee plopped down on her hip, tentacle tail wrapping around her haunches to rest across her ankles. She sat silently for a moment, trying to recall the order to the questions that she had been asked.

"Hmm... Well, my name is Okeechobee, but most of my family calls me OkieDokie on account of the fact that I couldn't say now own name when I was a foal. And yeah, this is my favorite river. I... I don't really... know... why..." Okee looked out over the river in contemplation... she hadn't really thought about that. It just sort of... was... her favorite river. Could two Soquili have the same favorite? Okee didn't see why not. Her face lit up in another face-splitting smile and she chirped, "Oh sweet, we have the same favorite river!" And then she waited for a moment while the other mare ate before speaking again.

"If you're from all the way over there, why are you out here?"

Words: 247

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:21 pm
Sweenys_Revenge

Rhina watched as the mare ran off, and her heart panged for a moment, thinking she scared her away with her beggarly request. Relief washed over her when she saw her coming back, and it turned into sheer joy!

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" she cried out, somehow having the energy to bounce with each thanks. As she began to eat, she made sure to take only a little of her rations, despite her hunger. While Wadulisi ran down her shoulder to nibble on crumbs, she listened to the mare speak.

Afterwards, she spoke. "OkieDokie, Okeechobee!" she said, unable to suppress her giggles. "I'm sorry! I just couldn't help it" she said between them. "I'm sure you've heard it so many times already but I just couldn't help myself!"

Her giggles faded eventually, as she remembered the question she'd been asked.

"Well..." she began. "I've lived with my mother all my life. And she's content for me to stay there forever..." her eyes found the floor and lingered for a moment before she continued, "But I want to see the world!" she said, her face lighting up and her red eyes beaming at Okee.

"So the first step, I thought, was to just keep going straight until I found something different." she reasoned, thinking it a sound plan. "Then...I'd go home!" she finished bluntly. After a moment's pause, she added, rambling, "Well for a while anyways. Mother didn't want me to go far or for too long. I think she's still hoping I'll change my mind about adventuring and stay home to...partake in her ways. But I still want to see as much as can! As many soquili as I can!

Bu-But anyways! What are you doing here? Just visiting your--our favorite river?" she asked with a giggle and a tilted head.

304 words

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff