CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:50 pm
Because they haven't read them same wiccan/pagan books as you or they like authors that you don't? do you use terms like Fluffy Bunny pagan?  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:50 pm
Nope. I was taught by the N.O.D (New Order of Druids) to accept viewpoints from all spiritual paths. It was probably the most inspiring thing ever taught to me, and because of learning to be open, I feel I understand a lot about the world from a spiritual stand-point without the need for being biased. The only kind of "pagans" I don't care for are those that are lying or the dabblers who don't really practice protection and grounding which can not only hurt them but possibly others they come into contact with who are spiritually sensitive (such as people with negative energies/beings attached to them whether they know or not, and or Psychic Vampires). Other than that I don't support Satanism or those who use magic to attack and harm others.  

Seiaryu-Chan

Greedy Phantom

17,990 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Get Dissed! 25

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:29 pm
SeiaryuChan
Nope. I was taught by the N.O.D (New Order of Druids) to accept viewpoints from all spiritual paths. It was probably the most inspiring thing ever taught to me, and because of learning to be open, I feel I understand a lot about the world from a spiritual stand-point without the need for being biased. The only kind of "pagans" I don't care for are those that are lying or the dabblers who don't really practice protection and grounding which can not only hurt them but possibly others they come into contact with who are spiritually sensitive (such as people with negative energies/beings attached to them whether they know or not, and or Psychic Vampires). Other than that I don't support Satanism or those who use magic to attack and harm others.

I think that is a good point of view to have, we want others to be accepting of your spirituality so it makes sense that you would to open to other pagans spirituality even if its different then yours. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:45 pm
CandyAppleRose
SeiaryuChan

I think that is a good point of view to have, we want others to be accepting of your spirituality so it makes sense that you would to open to other pagans spirituality even if its different then yours. 3nodding

Exactly. It might even be hard for people to be accepting of other faiths and spiritual paths, especially if someone has been taught to be biased at a young age. However I find, personally, that letting go of much criticism of other paths helped me understand a much wider and broader spectrum of the spiritual realm and how it connects with us as human beings. Of course it's probably not possible to ever have a complete understanding until maybe when we die in our final reincarnation before ascension, but we are tasked as spiritualists to find out as much as we can and use of knowledge to help others. smile  

Seiaryu-Chan

Greedy Phantom

17,990 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Get Dissed! 25

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:54 pm
CandyAppleRose
Because they haven't read them same wiccan/pagan books as you or they like authors that you don't? do you use terms like Fluffy Bunny pagan?

I don't look down on anyone. Everyone I met is someone I can learn from.

But I have met a lot of people who looked down on me because of such things.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:41 pm
Coheart
CandyAppleRose

I don't look down on anyone. Everyone I met is someone I can learn from.

But I have met a lot of people who looked down on me because of such things.

Same with me I have known covens with one word talking about acceptance and being openhearted but then behind others back looking down on them thats how I know which covens to stay way from.
Pagans and Wiccans can face a lot of persecution as it is you would think that we would work together even if some of our beliefs are different.
It makes me sad. sweatdrop  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 pm
CandyAppleRose

Same with me I have known covens with one word talking about acceptance and being openhearted but then behind others back looking down on them thats how I know which covens to stay way from.
Pagans and Wiccans can face a lot of persecution as it is you would think that we would work together even if some of our beliefs are different.

I think some people want to be special and separate. They want to be above somebody else, and they use it to get that feeling. You know what I'm saying?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 pm
Coheart
CandyAppleRose

I think some people want to be special and separate. They want to be above somebody else, and they use it to get that feeling. You know what I'm saying?

yeah I know what you mean  

CandyAppleRose

Crew

Wilderness Waffles

24,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Partygoer 500

riamuwu

Otherworldly Dreamer

17,950 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:59 am
I mean, I look down on those who use it as a fad but if they are seriously into it then they are fine by me.
Everyone who is into it starts somewhere and looking down on those less experienced helps no one.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 am
I will hold my hand up and admit that I have called people fluffy bunnies, and that I have looked down on people. However I will say that these people are the people that treat pagan paths as a fad (overdosed on too much Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Charmed, The Craft, so on and so forth) I actually take great delight in scaring the crap out of these people that think it's an all sweetness, fluff and light fashion fad.

On the other hand people within the pagan paths I will listen to, teach and learn from, unless they are self righteous assholes at which point I will metaphorically rip them to shreds. I have little tolerance for bullshit, racism and such. Unfortunately for me, some parts of the heathen community are filled with xenophobes, racists homophobes and surprisingly misogynists too. I do take great delight in verbally ripping apart the misogynists I find, the misandrists too though I tend to find them in goddess centric paths.

I've just realised that this post is making me sound like I go looking for trouble, that isn't the case, I promise. Trouble/chaos has a habit of finding me because I don't take s**t from anyone.  

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

SenoraKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:50 am
Vox_Draconis
some parts of the heathen community are filled with xenophobes, racists homophobes and surprisingly misogynists too. I do take great delight in verbally ripping apart the misogynists I find, the misandrists too though I tend to find them in goddess centric paths.

If I find anyone showing signs of this behavior and say they are of the Heathen path; I kindly point out to them that their fear is showing through their actions, and they might want to rethink things a bit. These type of people would not go to Valhalla.

I don't put up with BS, but I also don't tolerate fluffy bunny BS.

I know far too many traditional witches who would scoff at the "do no harm" rule some paths have. Not every witch views their craft as a religion. I get annoyed with those who try to "call out" other witches with "you broke the first rule of witchcraft!" It might be your rule, but that does not make it everyone's rule.

I have seen a lot of "spells" listed online, and the ingredient's lists are often overkill. I know the feeling of wanting to make things look pretty, I'm a creative person, but nothing has to be opulent. After all going overboard can cause a spell not to work at all.

Also what is with the rhyming chants? Why do spells have to rhyme? Intent can be placed without uttering a word, or writing a poem.

These last two statements are what I perceive as fluffy bunny, and fad dabblers.

Sorry if I sound abrasive I tend to be brutally honest to the point of causing offence. It's not my intent I assure you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:44 pm
I'm usually too busy with my own stuff to worry about what anyone else is doing.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25