Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] pure imagination (America & Jeremiah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:21 pm
Quote:
text to: America Jones

i'll swing by in a little while
breakfast first and then cookies + books for you

Jeremiah did, indeed, show up sometime in the mid to late morning hours. He had parked his car not that far from America's camper and, if she were watching, got out of the wrong side of the vehicle for this side of the pond.

He was that stubborn a** that would drive his vehicle from back home in the States.

A book bag was over his shoulder - this was not the first time he had to deliver books to someone - and he was heading towards the camper to knock on the door. The older man was definitely looking like he was dressed for colder weather with as many layers as he had on but at least today there was no jacket. Just a button up vest over a long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

This was definitely not the weirdest thing he had done lately. It might have been the sweetest, however.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:52 am
America gazed at the text for a long stretch and the nodded. Okay good, today was a day for winning at life through drunken mistakes. Singing quietly to herself, she spent her time tidying up the already fairly clean camper, prettying up her hair, and applying some light make-up because meeting your old crush's bae means not looking like you got white girl wasted the night before.

And so the face that greeted Jeremiah wasn't one of hungover morning regrets, but rather fresh-faced and young and really pleased to have a visitor. There wasn't an ounce of shame to be had past those earlier texts, especially not once she got an eyeful and exclaimed, "Well dang, hun! 'You two must be tripping all over the hearts you're breakin'." Not to mention dropped panties, 'cause dang!

"I'm America," she continued, laughing, as she held out her hand. "I'd say you didn't have to come out here, but I'm way too glad you have!"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:17 pm
Being able to put a face with the texts helped (and he had seen somewhat with that one picture). Jeremiah's lips twitched up into a small smile at the accent and the way America spoke. Sometimes the accents he heard were nice.

"Yes, but I'm only here to apologize for your broken heart," he said, his English accent still thick even after all these years in the States. The older man took her hand with a laugh, giving it a firm shake. That ring he had taken a picture of was there on his hand. "Jeremiah Mercer, Detective Lieutenant with the Ashdown Police Department. I hope you like rum cookies."

Definitely something about America's smile and her attitude. It was pleasant and infectious, making him lower some of that straight-faced expression he had a tendency to adapt around people he did not know.

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:12 pm
"Oh!" She exclaimed at the job title. "Well thank you for your service to the community and also to me, 'cause don't those cookies smell a ********' treat?" Stepping back from the door, America added, "C'mon in. Might have to watch your head a bit, cause dang if you ain't a tall glass of water."

Ushering him into the trim and tidy camper, the girl went on, "Speakin' of, I've got iced tea, lemonade, and soda if you'd like a glass!" She almost announced the Coronas in the back of the small fridge, but better not to try the boundaries of the man right after meeting him.

There was a small kitchen on the side across from the door, and a long seat beside him as he entered. On one side of the camper was a little booth set up, with a table and seat on each end, and across the camper was a little water closet and, of all things, a fancy metal bathtub, Everything was bright, clean, and cheerful, if a bit of a tight squeeze for someone of his height.

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:09 am
Definitely charming. America had Jeremiah smiling and unable to hold back a huff of laughter. "Believe me when I say I'm somewhat used to having to duck down to get into some places. Not everywhere is meant for people who are taller than six foot."

He followed her inside, able to shift and move around despite that - obviously - this was the kind of place not meant for someone his height and size. "Lemonade is fine," he told her. Also good thing on passing on the coronas because while he would not have said anything to her about having the alcohol he might have made a face about them.

Not a fan.

He claimed a seat at the table, setting the bag he had brought with him on it. The cookies were pulled out first - a fresh batch of rum cookies - and then, of course, the signed hardbacks of Red Herring Mysteries. "Honestly, I'm just happy to deliver these to someone who is as charming in person as they are while a little on the tipsy side."

There honestly did not seem that much difference between America in text and America in person.

It was a refreshing change.

lizbot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:09 pm
Setting down a glass for him and then for herself, America settled across from him, bouncing in her seat a little at the cookies and then even more at the books. Plucking up a treat she took a huge bite of it, snorting a bit at the charming comment. Washing it down, she laughed agreed. "Damn right! But even someone charming as ******** can be obnoxious as anything at late o'clock at night. Must have the patience of a saint, I hope you got some decent sleep at least."

Wiping off her hands on a napkin of cheery white on red polka dot cloth, America reached out to look at the top book with a fond smile. "You know sometimes that summer, I'd like....set the ones with different pictures all around my uncles apartment, and give them different names. Abraham, Aloysius, Aberdangby...they were all brothers you see," America explained with a giggle she couldn't quite help and a slight blush. "Harem of quadruplets, because why not. These cookies are so damn good oh my god."

She was already on her second one.

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:59 pm
"I only pretend to have patience," Jeremiah gave her a wry grin, blue-green eyes glinting. "Though laughter does actually increase how much I have."

The detective lieutenant was snickering at the comment about quadruplets. "When you run into Alg, in person, by all means please tell him that. Make sure I'm there to record or someone is because his expression will be priceless." Algie would either go pink or get flustered or some other equally adorable reaction. "Mostly because he fails to see his own charm sometimes."

It was oddly easy to discuss something like that with America but perhaps it was just because she had that easy air of open honesty around her. "I have to admit I may have done something similar before he finally moved over here a couple years back." Jeremiah shook his head, mostly at himself. He smiled at her, eyes crinkling at the edges.

"You know the trick is to actually use some rum instead of rum extract." Contributing to underage drinking? No, most of the alcohol cooked out anyway.

"How long ago did you come into town? I don't think I remember seeing this particular camper before." Jeremiah could be wrong because it had been a while since he had been over to this part of town (not that the town was that small).

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:26 pm
America, both blushed and laughed at the little dare, issuing a quiet little gosh at the idea of telling the man that. Which was a little irrational considering she was telling his Official Fella For Life all about it. But there was just something about crushes, even ones long past, that lingered and bubbled up in blushes and giggles and little thrills of excitement.

The question gave her cheeks a chance to cool. "Couple months ago now. Just came to visit, check out a few things for a week or so. Ran into something on my way out of town one night, busted the front of my truck right up."

The truck was nearly done and paid off at that. Leaving was going to be an option, one she was becoming more and more sure wasn't going to take, but still it was there. Both freeing and a little terrifying, really.

"The officer who helped was real nice," she smiled over at Jer. "Forgot his name, cause my head wasn't doing so good that night, so I just remember him as Officer Friendly." The girl's grin apologetic, it felt more than a bit rude not to remember the name of someone who'd helped her.

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 pm
"Mm, fortunate for the town then," Jeremiah smiled - a small soft thing that was just the barest quirk of lips - and then chuckled. "If only because it's graced with your presence." His eyes glinted, some level of teasing there because of the texts the previous night. "It's good that you're alright now though I'd be interested to know what could bust up a truck that badly."

His head tilted with an amused look at America, the blushing and the not remembering the officer's name. "Well, if it really matters, I'm sure I could pull up the report and get the name for you if you wanted."

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:12 pm
The girl beamed at him, preening a bit under that bit of (true) flattery. It lasted only a moment because even with all she was dipping her toes in around town, this was still confusing. "No idea. Maybe a magical moose or something." A pause, and then a grin. "Or just a moose, those things are ********' monsters. I took a little detour into Canada last year and saw a couple. Like..." She shook her head with a laugh. "They're unreal."

Nodding at the offer, the girl responded, "Would you? I'd like to send him a card or something."

Taking another sip of her drink, America asked, "So what brought you over to the states, n'this town in particular?"

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:56 pm
Jeremiah snorted at the mention of a magical moose. "It's only believable," he replied with mirth, "if you say magical deer. Bringing a moose into it just loses credibility." Really, Jeremiah, really.

"I'll get it for you when I'm at the station. I'm sure Officer Friendly would appreciate the card." He took a sip of his own drink, blue-green eyes glinting a bit at asking what he was doing over in the US. Even after all the years he had been here, he still retained his accent (and it got that much thicker whenever he was agitated or angry).

"The honest answer? I was getting away from my family, my father in particular. Most of what I did after the age of seven was inappropriate for someone of my station as far as he was concerned." The detective then paused a moment, realizing what he had said. There really was something about America that just invited a certain level of openness.

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:18 pm
"Oooo, your station," America cooed, waggling her eyebrows. "Mine was Proper Young Lady. Of the god-fearing variety," she added with a grin before taking an exaggerated sip of her drink, pinky up.

"Guess you got a new sorta station now, though." A police station. She winked and shot him a finger gun. Outside the window, a bird suddenly shrieked loudly and America gave a little huff of a laugh. "I swear, the birds 'round here are all little rowdies, posturing and lookin' for fights."

azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:05 pm
Jeremiah's lips twitched in amusement. "Mother has land and title back home, my father had ideas on how a gentleman must conduct himself." His head inclined slightly, blue-green eyes glinting. "Not all that much different." A proper young lady or being a gentleman.

He chuckled softly at the finger gun, then looked abruptly when a bird shrieked. Just a touch on edge but he shook his head. "It's that time of year. I had to hang up the other bird feeders so they stop bickering so much. They can get very competitive and not share but they're lively and fun to watch."

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:10 am
"Ooooo, a title!" In a very American way, she was more amused than impressed. Though her enthusiasm in asking afterward if he had a castle too was entirely genuine.

With pretty food and nice books and their attractive selves in the cheery morning light, it was fairly inevitable that this first meeting lead to comparisons of phone photography, Instagram editing techniques, to filter or not to filter. A lot of America's gallery consists if places she'd been, people she's met, and of course a steady stream of selfies, but it's the first she's most eager to talk about. She shows him her mom's album, points out where she's managed to match the edges of then and now, listening attentively when he recognizes the odd fragments of the town.

It's a good morning to have and share, the best sort, really.

azuredreams

I DID SOME HANDWAVEY OTL

lizbot

No Faun

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out