Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Solo RP] Uncomfortable Reunion (Sin and Demeira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:32 am
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:59 am

Arabati had informed him of the location of an old friend. With more than a little trepedation he had asked the wolf to relay an invitation to meet to the elusive mare, and surprizingly she had accepted. Sin had no idea what to say to the mare, or what she might want to say to HIM. Thier last meeting had ended on neutral ground, but he couldn't help the pangs of guilt that afflicted him whenever he thought of her. He was happy with his life, content to spend his days with his love Memory, yet he couldn't help a certain curiosity in what life might have been had he obeyed his father's decree and lifemated to Demeira.

He also wondered how things could have been had he handled his abdication with more grace instead of simply abandoning the mare in the most dramatic of fashions. What shame she must have suffered. He shook his head, pacing nervously, his outward appearance of cool collection dropped as it often was around his childhood friend. She was the first to truly know the stallion beneath the Prince. His truest friend. Or she was, until all the trouble. There was a glimmer of hope that perhaps should could be again.

He glanced up as a noise alerted him to her presence and he smiled nervously. "I was unsure if you would come."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:22 am

There were a lot of thoughts warring within her mind as she made her way through the thick branches of the seldom-worn path. She had agreed to meet with Sin in a secluded, private place, but she was wondering what her true motives were. She missed her friend dearly, but more than that she needed his support. She'd heard he had created a new herd and knew she needed to bea part of it somehow. She missed the Old Ways and the sense of family she had gotten in the old herd. She hoped to reclaim part of that. Her mate was collecting others for a herd as well, but it was't the same. With new life blossoming within her she needed something of her old lifeto feel less out of place. Perhaps she was a little crazy.

She forced her way through the brambles and finally came within view of her old friend. She was always struck by his beauty, his regal dignity. She might have grown to love him as a mate, given the chance. She was happy enough to love him as a friend. There had been pain in their last meeting, but now those feelings were far away and unimportant. She had found everything she needed to find after they had parted, and with foals on the way she could hardly complain.

She approached him with a grin and nuzzled him affectionately, as they had in their youth. "How could I stay away?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:31 am

He was taken aback by her familiar affection. He was happy she seemed to have forgiven him and he returned the embrace gladly. He stepped back and looked at her, noticing the roundness of her form.

"You're with foal!" he exclaimed, surprised. "How - ? Imean not how but... who is the father?" Had she found a new mate? He was struck by a pang of jealousy he couldn't explain, but he tapped it down. He was happy as well, glad his friend seemed to be moving on with her life. "I want to know everything that's happened!"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 am

She enjoyed the fammiliar scent of him so near, but didn't resist as he pulled away. She felt slightly self-conscious as he appraised her larger form. She wasn't faralong, but she was such a petite mare that any change made a huge difference. She smiled sheepishly.

"I have a mate," she said, suddenly shy. "We live nearby, actually. We met shortly after you and I parted and fell in love quickly." Perhaps too quickly, a nagging part of her said. She tramped it down. "It helped me understand why you did what you did, actually. It helped me see that you and I were never meant to be. I was able to forgive you after that, which is good. I'm glad your herd's wolf found me. I'd love to hear more about your herd, actually."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:06 am

The stallion sensed the uncertainty in her voice as she spoke of her love, but didn't want to rock their tentative friendship by prying too deeply. He wondered if she'd rushed into things with this new stallion, but didn't want to ask. He let it go for now. He focused on her newfound understanding of his actions instead.

"I shouldn't have left the way I did, though I'm pleased you understand. It all could have been handled differently. I was in such a rush to find her, worried the trail would go cold. I was singular in purpose and selfish in my actions, and again I truly apologize. I had a lot to learn."

I still have a lot to learn, he thought. For all of his years preparing to take over his father's herd Sin still felt woefully unprepared for the responsibility. Creating a new herd from scratch was a task he wasn't sure he was up to.

"The herd is still little more than a loose collection of a very members. Mostly family so far but we hope to expand soon. We're trying to combine traditions from both our old herd and Memory's old herd to create something better than both of them. It's hard work, but it's fulfilling." He meant it too. For all his misgivings about his readiness, he felt for the first time in his life he was doing what he was meant to.

"Have you found a herd with your mate?" A nagging part of him was always trying to recruit.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:43 pm

The mare was impressed with the maturity with which Sin spoke. She paused to look him up and down again, as if seeing him for the first time. Leaving the herd was clearly a good path for the impulsive stallion. He seemed to have grown into himself so much more. Gone were the pretentious mannerisms and fleeting attention span. Here stood a stallion that was confident and strong. It warmed her heart to see him so flourishing.

"Your herd sounds lovely. I never quite understood that animosity between the two herds, if I'm honest." And yet she had battled against the Sun herd with as much fervor and anyone else, desperate to prove herself. She renewed her resolve to never blindly follow orders without question ever again. "The two herds always seemed two sides of the same coin. I'm glad you and Memory have seen that and are making amends for our mistakes."

As he asked about her mate's herd she glanced away, digging a hoof into the dirt nervously. She had misgivings about the purpose of the herd and whether she truly had a place within it. "I'm not sure what sort of herd my mate is collecting." She wasn't sure of a lot of things.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:49 pm

For as long as Sin had known Demeira she had never been one to smile often. She was a serious mare, dedicated to her morals and purpose and while she was always pleasant she was slow to laugh. Still, he could always see the twinkle of happiness in her glowing eyes whenever they would speak. That twinkle was absent today and her already-serious face was more troubled than normal. He could tell there was something about her mate that she wasn't sharing and it was giving her strong misgivings. He frowned in concern.

"Is everything ok?" He stepped closer, trying to appear supportive.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:53 pm

She should have expected this. She and Sin had grown up together and knew each other better than anyone. Even though there had been rifts between them and they'd been separated by time and distance, he still saw through her the way he always had. She bit her lip, hesitating in answering. She hadn't quite figured out her feelings in her own mind and didn't know how to express them aloud. She took a deep breath finally.

"I'm not really sure what it is, and maybe it's just because I'm pregnant and extra sensitive... but I fear I do not belong with my mate or his budding herd. I can't place why, but I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and I can't shake it. I really don't know what to do."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games