Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:44 pm
Orpheus Solon

She was busy walking around town. Phaedra knew she should eventually make her way back to where she and her traveling companions were staying, since they would likely be worried if she didn't return, but for now she just didn't want to face them. The leaf woman felt sorta like a third wheel when there was nothing for her to do. When she was cooking for them she didn't feel that way. She had a task and was useful. Had a purpose. Then there was her recent encounter with a very gruff Oban man. Of course now that she thought back she handled the situation very poorly.

So she reached up and pinched the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger. Why did it always happen? Whenever she felt backed into a corner she lashed out in ways that made her regret it later. With the way things ended there was no way she could go back and apologize to the man either. He'd likely stick her with his sword.

Upon entering the busy market she dropped her hand to her side and did her best to navigate. Phae wasn't looking for anything in particular since she hadn't really known she would end up there, but at least this would take her mind off things. About halfway through she had to pause and look over her shoulder since there was some shouting going on. Two men were having a disagreement about something and when one pushed the other he ended up slamming into the brunette. Being propelled forward without warning she couldn't save herself from falling and ended up belly down on some vendors lap.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 pm
Heras Box

Bushi had returned back to Oba not all that long ago, havng decided that after a run in with a mob that didn't really care for Obans having chased him out of Sauti. After having enough rocks thrown at a person even someone as amiable as Bushi would be chased off. It had definitely been time to go. Now that he was back he'd only been too happy to set up shop. It seemed as though it wasn't a bad time to do so, because people were starting to gather. There was a tournament coming up soon and that meant a lot of visitors. While some of his goods were being reserved for his more noble client base there were things for him too sell to anyone interested. What amused him was the fact that there were people eager to buy things from him because they were 'things from home'.

Currently the big man was sitting on a thick blanket on the ground at the edge of the marketplace. He hadn't been home long enough to get a booth to set up in nor did he have the best spot ever, but it would suffice. So long as people were able to see him, and therefore buy from him, then he was happy. Laying behind the big man was a giant rust colored bushi, the very creature that he'd taken his nickname from, and then on top of the turtle was a bright blue, dancing kinfa. The bushi didn't really do much to get people's attention but the kinfa on the other hand was doing everything to get attention, dancing, singing, and bouncing around she was a good draw.

She was given an affectionate glance from Bushi who watched him as he danced before he looked forward... until suddenly his name and lap were filled with a woman who had fallen onto him. He blinked a couple times, his eyes dropping to the one laying over his lap, and he gave a little laugh, "Well now, it would appear as though the Gods and Goddesses are blessing me this day. So, my lady, are you so eager to buy from me? Or did you see my handsome face and couldn't help but to swoon?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:51 pm
Orpheus Solon

Almost the instant she landed she started to flail and work on getting up. However, when she was on her hands and knees, still looming over the man's lap, she heard his questions and had to turn her head to look at him. The leaf woman blew a strand of her hair out of her mouth then huffed. "Neither, actually. I was pushed and happened to land here." Phae moved her hand to wave in the direction of Bushi's lap. "Sorry about that." With her still hovering there it was likely that the man would notice that she smelled of food. Not just from having eaten it but the unmistakable scent one gets from spending a lot of time cooking.

She cleared her throat and offered a weak smile. "If the gods and goddesses are putting me in your path then you aren't blessed. You've been cursed." Phaedra finally moved the rest of the way out of his lap. Though she sat back on her heels so that she could reach up and push her wayward hair out of the way.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:07 pm
Heras Box

Bushi gave a bit of a laugh, unable to help it, as he said, "Well, at least I have a lap that is made for catching damsels in distress?" A nice, plush lap with plenty of landing space? A thought that came to him and had him chuckling a bit as the woman did her best to right herself. As she apologized he gave a little wave of his hand and said, "It's quite alright, no harm done, I am actually tougher then I may first appear." How could any man in his right mind object to a woman throwing herself into his arms after all? It was quite welcome, even if she was now retreating.

"Hm? Naw, I highly doubt that. I think, after the ordeal I went through not but a week and a half ago I have been blessed by Nerad and Essd to meet such a lovely sprite." At least that was what he felt at the moment. After the hell that was being stoned by people in Sauti he felt that this was his reward for leaving in a manner that was peaceful instead of trying to get revenge.

Giving her a smile he asked with a toothy grin, motioning to the goods before him, "Can I interest you in anything? Might as well check things out since you're here."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:16 pm
Orpheus Solon

Damsel? Phaedra blinked at that. She supposed she could be considered such. After all she had been helpless when she fell, and practically lost before that. But it was when he called her a sprite that she seemed to color a little. "S-sprite? Surely I don't look that bad." She patted at her hair to make sure that it wasn't going wild.

Phae gave up on that and dropped her hands to her lap. "What ordeal did you go through?" Not that it was any of her business, but she was curious to know what could be worse than having her put in his path.

The grin he gave her made her chuckle a bit before she looked at what it was he was selling. Though she couldn't help but glance at him every now and then. "You look like a bear ready to pounce." Phaedra laughed at that and shook her head. "I'm sorry. Its just that.. you vendors are funny. I just fell after being pushed and you want to sell me something." While she thought she should be offended, she wasn't. Instead she gave a small snorting giggle and went back to looking at things. "Damned bear." She mumbled teasingly.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:51 am
Heras Box

Bushi couldn't help but to laugh as the young woman before him set to trying to pat her hair down, as though it were a wreck or something. Giving a shake of his head he said, "I was thinking more along the lines of something rare and lovely, though I suppose there is there is a wild side to them as well." Not what he'd been thinking about but it was definitely something that was natural to a sprite.

Lifting a hand to his shoulder to one of the many bruises that littered his skin, most of them faded and healing now, he said, "I... ran into some people who were quick to assume that I'd kidnapped someone... it's something my people have been guilty of in the past so I guess I can't blame them." Even if it had bothered him that they were quick to sling insults and stones his way. Giving a shrug of one shoulder he said, "It's alright though, I'm a tough guy and I heal fast." He waved a hand as though dismissing the whole incident as one that was unlikely to happen again. Tempers had been heated due to the situation at had and he'd just been a good target for all those emotions.

Giving a toothy grin Bushi laugh and said, "Well, it's something that I can help. I've been a business man since I can remember, always eager to buy, sell, and trade, it's enjoyable. So when a potential customer falls literally into my lap I see no reason not to pounce." Giving an even brighter smile he asked in a teasing tone of voice, "Since you you were pushed over perhaps I can interest you in a first aid kit?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:37 pm
Orpheus Solon

Orpheus Solon

The rare and lovely bit made her puase. Apparently she must have damaged the man's head when she landed. Somehow. Then her eyes were drawn to the bruises that were on him. How had she not seen them? Phae shuffled closer to him and leaned in so that she could see, even bringing her own dainty fingers up to gently touch where some of them were.

"Are you kidding? You need it more than I do." Phaedra gave Bushi a stern look but then went back to looking at his bruises. Most of them looked like they were healing nicely. Fading away like they should. Her head gave a shake and she sighed. "I'm going to guess that if you have a bruise balm you aren't going to use it for yourself. Are you?" It wasn't really a question. Vendors didn't like to use their own products when they could sell them for profit. So she searched his things to see if he did have such a thing.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 pm
Heras Box

"Hm? Naw! The bruises are faded and almost healed now." He said, brushing a finger against one of them. Only the ones that had been formed when he was hit the hardest really hurt anymore, which were only a small handful of them. He couldn't say that he was all that stressed out by them. Giving a smile he motioned to the big bushi who was sleeping behind him and said, "He helped a lot, carrying me part of the way back along with Profit and all of our stuff." The turtle was a good helper.

As she mentioned him not using the stuff on himself he grinned, "Yeah, definitely not! If I were to use the stuff on myself I would lose money. It's alright though, I already visited with a healer I know in town upon arriving and got an examine. I'll be fine with time, so you needn't worry about me."

Giving a motion to some of what he was selling he asked, "How about a nice emerald necklace? It would go nice with your eyes!" He gave a wink as he attempted to sell her yet another thing, finding it to be a rather fun game now.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm
Orpheus Solon

Her eyes went toward the turtle that sat behind him. Phaedra knew that large familiars were helpful though she had none of her own. It was something she had been meaning to look into. The brunette gave a small huff to show she was a little displeased that he didn't want to use any balm, but she couldn't force it. Plus, she was no healer so she couldn't insist. When he tried to sell her something else she lifted a brow at him then smirked. Putting a hand to her neck she fingered the golden wire that was wrapped there. "I've already got a necklace. Besides, my eyes aren't emerald green. They are leafy green. It's a much lighter shade." His wink had made her want to find any excuse to say no, even if she did like the idea of a fancy jeweled necklace.

Sitting there, rather proud that she had found a way to prove the item he tried to give her wasn't right for her she waited to see what he would try next.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 am
Heras Box

Bushi couldn't help but to perk up, a grin appearing on his lips, before he said, "You could be right... yes, if I were to really pick out something for you, something that would really look nice on you..." He gave a thoughtful sound before he pushed up to his feet, turning to Aatos, and dug around in one of his packs for a moment before he got out a small pouch. He opened it up and fished out a brooch, showing it off to her, "How about a nice ruby brooch? Red and Green are colors that are meant to be together. What do you think about something like this, little sprite?"

He wasn't sure if she would be interested in any jewelry, but it seemed as though she wanted to play a game with him, one he was only too happy to play. When it came to business it was something he wasn't too bad at, which meant that he definitely wanted to try to sell her something.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:30 pm
Orpheus Solon

She waited as he seemed to think that he had something just for her. Phaedra watched when Bushi went to dig around in his pack and smiled at him when he brought out a ruby brooch. "Hm, yes.. red and green do go together.." A thoughtful look crossed her face but then she looked down at her outfit and gave a tsk. "Oh, but it doesn't look too good with yellow. So no, I don't think I'll take that. After all, a brooch is pinned to one's shirt." And her shirt was primarily yellow.

Phae gave him a challenging grin. "A very nice gesture, Bear." If he insisted on calling her Sprite, then she would give him a pet name as well. She then took a deep breath and let it out slowly for a dramatic effect. "Ahh, it seems you have nothing that was meant for me." Her words were followed by a playful chuckle.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:03 pm
Heras Box

Crossing his arms over his chest, Bushi gave a thoughtful sound, "Mmm... naw, I refuse to believe that. I've worked very hard in an attempt to always have something on hand that my various customers will want." He let his eyes close, tapping one finger against his arm as he tried to think of something that she might want. It was obvious that while she might be interested in jewelry it wasn't something that she wanted, as such that was the wrong path to go down. What would suit her then?

As he thought on it an interesting scent filled his nose, one that he'd noticed earlier but hadn't found as interesting or as important as having a woman fall into his lap. His eyes popped open and a look of delight appeared on his face as he pushed to his feet, "Yes, I see! Now I've got it." He said as he moved over to Aatos, putting the ruby brooch away in his packs before he moved to a different one and set to work digging through it again. He knew now what he needed to find to offer her! Though oddly enough it was something that he'd made mostly for himself... but if it meant making the very picky sprite happy then he'd be willing to share.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Orpheus Solon

While she was being picky she wasn't doing so to be mean. Phaedra was actually kind of having fun. Watching this man struggle to find something that his customer would like was cute and funny all in one. Her brow lifted gently when he said that he knew what would get her to buy. "Oh?" The brunette leaned to the side to try and see what it was that Bushi was digging for.

"Do tell." Phae was very curious. If the man did manage to find something that she wanted then she would be very surprised.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:14 pm
Heras Box

Bushi gave a smile as he continued to dig through Aatos's many packs, "I have sharp senses, those that will aid in learning about those around me." He said, "I am more used to the perfume that the ladies in the Oban court use but yours I find is far more enjoyable. That of a woman who is a talented cook?" A guess on his part but the scent of food around her was nice, so he doubted at the very least that she was one to burn food.

"Ah ha!" Taking out a leather pouch he undid the laces, holding it out to her, and said, "Tell me what you think of the scent and taste of these herbs that I've gathered. They are a mix of those from Oba, Jauhar, Tale, and Sauti, herbs I've gathered on by long trip, and taste quite unique and delicious when used in stews or on meat cooked over the fire. It was something that I made for myself, as you can tell I am a fan of good food, but for you I am willing to share."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 pm
Orpheus Solon

His mention of perfume made her blink and try to remember if she'd put any on, but then he said the magic word. Cook. Phaedra blushed. Normally people didn't notice that about her unless she brought it up or made food for them. Still, she managed to nod her head at that. "Mhm. I love to cook."

His exclamation that he'd found what he was looking for made her jump slightly since she hadn't been expecting it. Though when she was presented the bag of herbs she reached out with both hands to take it and then started to dig through. "You have Sautian herbs?" Phae asked with disbelief. But the delight was clear on her face. Glancing up at him she grinned then looked back into the bag.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff