Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton's Fort of Athletes and Artists

Back to Guilds

A place made for the gathering of people from the Rejected Olympics 2012 Barton Team 

Tags: Barton, Sunriders, Nightravens, Rejected Olympics, Bartob 

Reply Barton Square
Crew Revisions/Promotions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 am
KaguraSakata
Celestine Ravencroft

I've already started cleaning out the subforums, and as soon as I am able, I can begin to make the necessary changes. :3 I'm really looking forward to the refresh of the guild, as well as some new things. There will be an information guide subforum necessary for all info regarding the guild and outside of it. (Probably in place of the Crew designated forum "The Cubicle"). The Lounge is about to undergo a deep clean as well. The Marketplace was never used, so that's going for sure, and will be re-purposed in some way. Weekly announcements will have featured guild events or special threads; I will also make it my business to make a featured birthday announcement for each month too, since we want to celebrate with Bartobs as much as possible.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:48 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree

I've already started cleaning out the subforums, and as soon as I am able, I can begin to make the necessary changes. :3 I'm really looking forward to the refresh of the guild, as well as some new things. There will be an information guide subforum necessary for all info regarding the guild and outside of it. (Probably in place of the Crew designated forum "The Cubicle"). The Lounge is about to undergo a deep clean as well. The Marketplace was never used, so that's going for sure, and will be re-purposed in some way. Weekly announcements will have featured guild events or special threads; I will also make it my business to make a featured birthday announcement for each month too, since we want to celebrate with Bartobs as much as possible.

Sounds good, when I'm able and we were clear with what we are doing I'll help you out with all this.  

KaguraSakata
Crew

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250

MasturChef
Captain

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 pm
Here's something I wrote up a year ago based on the results of the RO thread. A lot of the ideas came from you all, and I added some of my own.

MasturChef
The purpose of this entry is to keep a list of all the tasks that need to be done as part of a massive guild overhaul. These tasks have either been put off for an incredibly long period of time or have just been brought to light by other members. So in an effort to clean up and downsize the guild, both because it really needs to be done and because we want the place to look pretty for the next Rejected Olympics (which hopefully will happen next summer), let's get started.

Tasks:
~ Revise crew: Demote inactive members and possibly promote new and existing members?

~ Delete all threads in the following subforums: The Barton Auditorium, The Golden Leaf Plaza & Arcade, The Marketplace

~ Clean up the following subforums (Don't delete all threads, but delete threads from inactive users or active users who no longer want them. Keep certain threads around.): Artist Street, The Cubicle, The Barton Theaters' Backstage, The Barton Theater, The Post Office, Memory Lane, The Lounge, The Barton Backroom, Guild Event Forum

~ Re-purpose empty subforums: Turn the Marketplace (for example) into the Rejected Olympics HQ subforum.

Use it as a guide if you like!

I'll update this thread and make additions when I get home (in two hours) so we can take care of things a little more quickly. I'll be adding Kags, Cel, and Skyro to the crew while promoting Cree and Cheebs. Cree, please don't overwork yourself deleting everything on your own! Help is on the way!  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 pm
Celestine Ravencroft
KaguraSakata

The list looks good, and I think you can probably just put Artist Street as a stay since we do still have people with active art shops, even if the traffic is a bit slow. I think we should have bi-weekly announcements to highlight certain subforums to keep up interest and awareness. This would be especially helpful if we get a lot of new members during RO.

The announcements could be sort of like the ads you see on TV where a certain shops sponsors the ad. "This announcement brought to you by....." You know what I'm talking about. It would be really good to promote guild events and subs at the same time.

Proposal! I was reading through the posts in that RO thread from last year and was really thinking about the whole Barton history/HQ thread. And I came up with the perfect name.

The... *drum roll*
Barton Manor!

It will be a hub for all things Bartob and RO related! History, the glossary, RO planning, you name it!  

MasturChef
Captain

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500

KaguraSakata
Crew

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:41 pm
MasturChef
Celestine Ravencroft
KaguraSakata

The list looks good, and I think you can probably just put Artist Street as a stay since we do still have people with active art shops, even if the traffic is a bit slow. I think we should have bi-weekly announcements to highlight certain subforums to keep up interest and awareness. This would be especially helpful if we get a lot of new members during RO.

The announcements could be sort of like the ads you see on TV where a certain shops sponsors the ad. "This announcement brought to you by....." You know what I'm talking about. It would be really good to promote guild events and subs at the same time.

Proposal! I was reading through the posts in that RO thread from last year and was really thinking about the whole Barton history/HQ thread. And I came up with the perfect name.

The... *drum roll*
Barton Manor!

It will be a hub for all things Bartob and RO related! History, the glossary, RO planning, you name it!

Oh that's a nice name A+ job Chef.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:44 pm
MasturChef

Chibi Halo

KaguraSakata

Celestine Ravencroft

I did some cleaning, and also renamed and re-purposed the marketplace. It is now called Barton Manor, and has a fitting description! :3 I moved Kags' Barton item guide there, as well as Cel's BFAA Historical archive. I also renamed and cleared the event forum and named it event forum for now. (I can change it if need be, but I figured we'd keep as a neutral event forum pending RO 2k16) You all are free too clean what you wish, I just have a lot of time to do some cleaning on here. sweatdrop Of course, help is always nice, I also don't want to overstep my boundaries on things. Please let me know if there's something you'd like me to do or to refrain from doing.  

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

KaguraSakata
Crew

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:18 am
Look's good so far Cree, I'm just going to clean up some stuff dealing with some things that dont exist anymore ie zomg.tektek.

I would like to get an okay on what were turning the other subforums into, it would help knowing where to move things.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:00 pm
I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do with my role. I'll be on a little more now that my computers are finally fixed. And the ideas for Barton Manor and promoting those who are active and contributing is great. Please do message anyone being considered for demotion beforehand if that ever does come up in the future. (some people get touchy about demotions and promotions...)

Anyways, I'm glad to see how the guild is still alive and full of active people yay!  

Cynoscion
Vice Captain

Soldier

18,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Champion 300
  • Object of Affection 150

Cynoscion
Vice Captain

Soldier

18,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Champion 300
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:30 pm
KaguraSakata
MasturChef

Ah what the heck. I'll volunteer for crew duties Chef
You're free to be captain, no one else wants it. Oh captain, my captain!  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:42 pm
Cynoscion
I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do with my role. I'll be on a little more now that my computers are finally fixed. And the ideas for Barton Manor and promoting those who are active and contributing is great. Please do message anyone being considered for demotion beforehand if that ever does come up in the future. (some people get touchy about demotions and promotions...)

Anyways, I'm glad to see how the guild is still alive and full of active people yay!

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Nice to see ya, man! Glad to see you'll be a bit more active! And my main intention with this thread aside from gauging interest in joining the crew was to inform our less active members that they would be potentially demoted. In the future, I will of course inform those involved.

And yeah, man! I really feel like our preoarstion for RO2K16 (which SHOULD) happen is going to be a breath of fresh air!  

MasturChef
Captain

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:29 pm
KaguraSakata
I'm just going to clean up some stuff dealing with some things that dont exist anymore ie zomg.tektek.

I was just thinking about all those old tektek threads the other day. I'm glad you thought to start cleaning those up. There are a lot of old threads in the main forum that had barely any responses and don't apply to current happenings, so if any of those still exist, it might be beneficial to look at deleting those as well. I'm not sure just how much cleaning people have done already, so I'll try to do more pointing out of things that may need to be done. I'm hesitant to go deleting stuff on my own, so I'll just act as sort of an auditor/appraiser for possible changes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:35 pm
We have a lot of stickies in the main forum. I think the OC Registry and the Banner thread could be moved to the Barton Manor sub since those focus on Barton/in-world stuff and RO.

I won't do this without approval from the Captain and at least two other senior crew members. We need to have a general agreement on each major revamp we do so there is minimal confusion and upset.  

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KaguraSakata
Crew

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:36 pm
Celestine Ravencroft
KaguraSakata
I'm just going to clean up some stuff dealing with some things that dont exist anymore ie zomg.tektek.

I was just thinking about all those old tektek threads the other day. I'm glad you thought to start cleaning those up. There are a lot of old threads in the main forum that had barely any responses and don't apply to current happenings, so if any of those still exist, it might be beneficial to look at deleting those as well. I'm not sure just how much cleaning people have done already, so I'll try to do more pointing out of things that may need to be done. I'm hesitant to go deleting stuff on my own, so I'll just act as sort of an auditor/appraiser for possible changes.

Cree has already handled quite a few of them, but yeah they needed to go, We really do need to settle on the new subforums names/purpose so we can move things appropriately (for me at the very least Kags likes to know these things so she can just do them)  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:43 pm
KaguraSakata

Cree has already handled quite a few of them, but yeah they needed to go, We really do need to settle on the new subforums names/purpose so we can move things appropriately (for me at the very least Kags likes to know these things so she can just do them)

I hear ya on that. I wish we had a way to create a list of individual proposed changes and have each person with the power to effect the changes give it a thumbs up or down so we can get approvals over with and start making the changes. I do like that Chef and Cree worked out the Baton Manor thread. That was well devised. I still think repurposing one of those other threads for all sorts of item guides or fan club threads would be great. Heck, if we get a fan club sub, it could be called The Barton Clubhouse or Treehouse.  

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KaguraSakata
Crew

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:53 pm
Celestine Ravencroft
KaguraSakata

I hear ya on that. I wish we had a way to create a list of individual proposed changes and have each person with the power to effect the changes give it a thumbs up or down so we can get approvals over with and start making the changes. I do like that Chef and Cree worked out the Baton Manor thread. That was well devised. I still think repurposing one of those other threads for all sorts of item guides or fan club threads would be great. Heck, if we get a fan club sub, it could be called The Barton Clubhouse or Treehouse.

Well we could just type out what we want to do ( like i did before and then have chef or cree or chibi make a post after we all agree/discuss with the official changes and go from there.  
Barton Square

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff