[ prp ] Here to serve (America & Shun) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 pm
Darlene's had hit one of those quiet spells where the place was nearly empty except for the perpetual old codgers at the end of the bar. America was wiping down tables when the ancient fellows heralded the newcomer in with their typical heckling, commenting one first his newness and then his less than pleasant expression.

"Gonna freeze that way!"

"Ha! It already has!"

"Now he'll never win the pageant!"

"Except at the Lemon festival!"

"A shoe-in for Queen!"

"But a shoo-out for Miss Congeniality!"

Giving them a gentle swat on the arm with her cleaning rag, America flipped it over her shoulder, and greeted the man. "Don't mind old Heckle and Jeckle, honey. You want a table or you gonna settle at the bar?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:56 pm
The greeting he had received was... unexpected to say in the least. As he heard the small barrage of comments shot his way, his fingers twitched a bit in irritation. In fact, Shun was just about to turn right out the door when one of the employees of the pub greeted him.

He grunted lowly in turn before giving a glance around.

"Table would be fine," he muttered lowly before glancing at the two old men that quipped at him, "They always say s**t like that to everyone who comes in?"

Lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:03 pm
"It's their job," America reassured him before going on with a laugh. "Not that anybody hired them to do it, but they're dedicated all the same." She did, however, take care to seat him a fair bit away from the two.

Placing a small menu on the table, she continued, "I'm America, and I'll be sure to make up the sweet for all their sour." A shameless grin and wink followed this pronouncement. "Now what can I get you to drink?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:18 pm
Shun gave her a quirk of the brow when she gave her name. America? Really? Her parents must either be super patriotic or... Well, he wasn't sure.

"Just water is fine," he mumbled before taking a cursory look over the menu, squinting a bit. Damn text.

"You seem a little on the young side to be working a pub," he commented.

lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:40 pm
He definitely wasn't flirting when he asked, but America had been dealing with being underage for any number of things since she was fifteen, and so she acted as if he had, with a giggle and a hand to her cheek. "Oh pshaw, you! I guess you're the sweet one, today! But thank you for saying so all the same." She leaned in a bit, and added, confidentially, "It's all in the moisturizer regimen, you know."

The girl hadn't missed the squint at the menu, and so she added as she rocked back, "The day's special right now is Borr's chicken wings. Sweet n'tangy, but not too spicy, there's also a nice clam chowder Nasir's brewed up that's turned out right heavenly."

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:09 pm
Shun was a bit taken aback by her response, and he even leaned away a bit when she leaned in. He just grunted, "Well that is all good and well if that is what it is. I doubt you or the establishment would want a fine or anything like that."

He gave her a look with that. Looking back to the menu, he just sort of paused.

"I suppose I will try the wings and a cup of the chowder, then."

lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:48 pm
She shot him a little finger gun and wink. "Gotcha! I'll have those out for you in just a sec!"

His water arrived first, of course, but the soup followed a minute later. Along with the girl's curiosity.

"So are you a bar inspector of something?" It was asked in a low, vaguely thrilled voice. Apparently undercover bar inspectors were a piece of hot news on a slow shift.

blade kuroda

it's been pointed out to me that i was wrong about legal serving age for alcohol ~ ! It's 18, but since America wouldn't know that and would feel she was Getting Away With Something + easily looks under 18, that doesn't really change anything atm ~ ! BUT MY BAD OTL

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 pm
Shun gave a low grunt of thanks as she set his soup down. He took a drink of his water, then raised his brow as the girl decided to ask him a question. She sounded... excited? Was that excitement? He couldn't really tell. Her tone just sounded odd to him.

"If I were, either I would have mentioned that right away... or not mention anything at all," he stated, looking down at his soup and letting it cool a bit. Then, under his breath, he added, "I think I might hate myself if I had to do that, or be a health inspector."

lizbot
Aha! Gotcha

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 pm
"So maybe just the hall monitor type, huh?" Her voice sounded...consoling, of all things. "Well don't you worry, hun. Takes all types to row the boat ashore."

And then she was swanning off to refill the old bastards mugs and keep them fueled for what is no doubt hours to come.

But she was back again soon enough, bearing a fragrant basket of fresh wings and a pitcher of water to top him off. "This your first time at Darlene's?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:46 pm
Shun's finger twitched a bit.

"Detective."

When she went off to tend to the others, he went on to eat his soup. And it tasted pretty damn good. He wasn't sure what to expect out of this place, but so far it isn't so bad as far as the food was concerned.

"It is, actually," he replied, eyeing the wings. Well those looked and smelled great.

Lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:42 pm
"Well hopefully not your last, so don't let the old guys scare you off." She seemed even friendlier now, though the reason was soon made clear. "I've got an uncle that's a PI. You that sorta detective? He mostly dealt with cheating husbands and shady folks trying to get the dirt on other shady folks, 'cause Florida."

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:56 pm
"Well your food is good. I will just have to see about coming in when they are not around," Shun grunted lowly. He cast a wary look towards the old guys further off. He shook his head, taking a few bites of the wings, pausing after America spoke up again.

Raising his brow, he glanced up at her. That sort of detective sounded pretty horrible to be, in his opinion.

"...No. I am with the Police Department. I deal with crimes."

It usually was homicides, back at home. But nowadays... that was probably going to change. Not unless some 'quiet' white guy around here was going to go on a shooting spree out of the blue.

Lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:19 pm
He got an awkward little laugh and glance toward the old guys. She'd never seen the place without them there. Even in an opening shift, they'd be nursing their drinks and s**t talking, like wrinkly a** birds peep-peeping at the dawning sun.

"Oh well in that case, thank you for your service to the community!" With a wink she added, "Got another uncle who's a deputy." Apparently she had a lot of uncles.

"So what kinda crimes? Doesn't seem to be much around here 'cept for the missing folks, so it drugs, maybe? I had an uncle who made meth, he's in prison, " she reassured him, "and he always said nice, quiet towns were all about the meth stuff."

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:40 pm
Shun furrowed his brow. Just how many uncles did this girl have? Either way, she was a chatty one to say in the least. Then again, it appeared that her only other company right now where the two old badgers at the bar. Between them and the grumpy detective... he supposed her choices weren't all that great.

"Used to work homicides. This place does not really have much as far as that goes, though," he mumbled with a shrug, "Accidents. Theft. Drugs. Whatever."

His tone wasn't very happy.

lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:44 pm
"I had an accident a couple weeks ago," she offered, eyebrows waggling with misplaced enticement. "Insurance inspector's pretty certain I hit a pole or tree for the damage done, but I swear to god it was a thing that ran into the middle of the road. Maybe it was one of those hunko gigantic Canadian moose. Betcha you'll get a lot of strange ones 'round here eventually."

She made it sound like that was a good thing.

blade kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces