[ prp ] Takin a breather (America & Dawson) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:26 pm
It'd been an early day at the bar, leaving America with a good stretch of day to wander about in. The drizzly morning and early afternoon had given it a rest, allowing the sun a nice window with which to tempt America into hanging around one of the pretty little parks. It was a peaceful little interlude, just resting her feet and tossing the crust of her sandwich for the birds flock about and fight over.

And then she was looking down on the little flock from on high, high, high from the tree above. It was startling and she quickly focused, bringing the view back down to herself. With a groan, the girl bent down, placing her head between her knees and taking a deep breath.

Normally it was kind of nice, but this...she hadn't quite been ready for something like that.

medigel

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:38 pm
Today Mrs. Potosí had insisted on letting him take some of the goods from the bakery as a dessert to his otherwise meager lunch of a sandwich--so, hey, at least he didn't have to ask. And it was starting to be a good day after the morning's drizzle. Taking it as a sign to walk about rather than crouch on the stoop and eat, Dawson decided to visit one of the nearby parks. He was still something of a newcomer to Ashdown and had yet to really take in the sights.

With his The Sweet Spot apron and uniform still on and the distinct smell of fresh bread and sugar trailing after him, he found a few people giving him looks as he walked. It made him a little nervous, like somehow they'd figure out it was all just a costume, effectively. He was just starting to consider maybe taking refuge under a tree instead when he spotted someone bent over on a bench.

"Whoa, hey." Dawson approached with a slight frown. "You alright there, hun?"

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:07 pm
America lifted her head up with a deep inhale and then let it out with a quiet laugh and smile for the fellow's concern. "Yeah just had a little bit of a moment. Be fine is a few, I'm sure."

Catching the scent of bread, her eyebrows raised, "If you're not here to feed the birds, you might wanna start running now, smellin' like that." And it was true, dozens of beady little eyes were now focused on the man.

medigel

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:56 pm
He glanced to the side, noted some of the curious birds, and snorted. "They can try," Dawson said, taking the opposite edge of the bench. His feet hurt enough from standing behind the counter. "Ain' afraid've no pigeons."

From the plastic bag, he pulled out his water bottle and began to drain it. "You got anythin' in yer stomach?" he asked. "Got some extras in here if yer interested. Not sure how hot it gets up here, but ain' a good idea t'go around in the sun on empty."

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:19 pm
With a smiling huff of laughter, she replied, "Startin' to think you might be the mama bird, you go on like that." The girl didn't look like she minded. "Nothin' to worry about, honey. I'm America, you new in these parts as well?"

medigel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 am
"Hah! Been called s'much before."

A sandwich was pulled out next, salami and ham and lettuce. "Dawson," he said, remembering to wait until he swallowed first. "Newish, yeah, came back in October. What gave it away?" he asked jokingly. "You don' sound like yer from here neither. Escaped the Bible Belt too?"

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:37 pm
"Florida, 'round the handle." Her smile widened as the birds began to take an excited interest in that sandwich. America lets him eat a bit in a companionable silence, watching the birds slowly grow bolder and bolder, like they were being sneaky.

From above they're a tiny, feathery tide, creeping in and drawing back, coming closer and further, closer and further. The sin against their feathers is the color of an early morning, that first breathe you take. The one that hurts a little.

Again, America closed her eyes, putting her head between her knees. "M'fine, I ********' swear."

medigel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:07 pm
"Hoo, you swam right up that coastline like a shark in mating season!" he noted with a smile as he took another bite. "Hope yer not as toothy s'one."

And speaking of moving animals: the birds were starting to hop a little too close for his liking. Dawson made something of a half-growl, half-barking noise and kicked his foot out to scare rather than to harm, and a few of them at least were startled back. By then, America had her head down once again, and his concern grew.

"We could take a spot under a tree 'r somethin," he suggested. We, despite barely a minute of chatting. A moment to feel normal, and around company even, was more invigorating than he thought. "You gettin' dizzy spells?"

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 pm
"Naw...it's okay. It's just a thing that's been happening, don't usually feel sick or anything. Gettin' a handle on it, but I guess today is just..." She let out a deep breath, "A bad one?"

The birds had started to circle, not all of them, but there was a crowd now migrating behind the bench.

"So you work nearby or somethin'?"

medigel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm
"Yeah, girl." Enthusiastically he tugged his apron out so the logo could be read. "Well not nearby nearby, like a ten minute bus ride away, but yeah! You oughta come by sometime, we got some sweet..."

The sentence dropped off as he heard the caws of birds grow louder behind them. Noting this, he hurriedly stuffed the rest of his sandwich in his mouth.

"Sweet drinks n' s**t," Dawson continued, then coughed. "Stuff. What kinda thing you talkin' 'bout, if ya don' mind me askin'? Like maybe oughta get a doctor lookin' at it thing?" She didn't look sick, but he wasn't a doctor by any stretch of the imagination. "Or a get me a soda n' crackers n' I'll be fine kinda thing?"

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:30 pm
"Naw, I don't think it's either," America waved a hand to dismiss the concern. "I think maybe it's just something in the air." Like magic.

There was a light, friendly peck at the back of one of Dawson's shoes. A gentle, hello human I am here I see that you have food for me.

Oblivious to the assault, America went on, "Haven't had a chance to eat around to much. You know Darlene's? I do some waitressing there and dang, do they like to take care of a girl. I'd think Nasir, the cook, might be fattening me up to put me in the oven, but he's too danged sweet for that. A walk 'cross town with a baked reward might be nice, though."

medigel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 am
These were some dang brave birds. Dawson wiggled his shoe and brushed crumbs from his beard.

"Not so much, no. Still kinda new t'this place," he said, happy for the excuse to start moving. He twisted the bag of remaining sweets closed and got up, hoping a large mass in movement was enough to spook the flock back again. He then offered a hand to help America up. "Darlene's like a diner or somethin'?"

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:54 pm
Taking his hand, she shook her head, then paused and gave a nod. "More a bar, but the food's real great. Borr's made it a real nice place to visit, even if you're not out for a drink."

The birds began to protest their abandonment and America threw the last of her sandwich crust before pulling Dawson along hurriedly while they were distracted. After they were clear she let go of his hand with a laugh. "Pushy fellas."

medigel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:25 pm
He made a mental note to definitely pay Darlene's a visit.

"Swear this town's got a small creep vibe t'it," Dawson commented as he took the lead, though despite his words he was happy for the brief handhold; crumbs to the birds, human touch to the man. "Found feet n' missin' people n' fog n' s**t--been happenin' real fast-like."

As they found the sidewalk, one of the power poles had something tacked to it that caught his eye. IT WALKS. Dawson huffed. "Some fool pranksters addin' t'it too," he grumbled. "Spooks my boss some. Ain' fun workin' under that."

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:40 pm
America had been all smile and about to try and but a more positive spin on his list, but the flyer had her freeze in place and do an odd little shivery dance of disgust. And then, even stranger, she pulled out a handkerchief and took unhappy mincing steps toward the power pole to pull the flyer off.

"Ugh, so gross....give me just a minute, can't have that s**t where anybody might..."

medigel

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces