Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[F PRP] Tracking Down A Target (Quilo & Amarie)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:00 pm
This is a private rp between:

User Image
To My Teepee

User Image
To ~Latonia de la Courtel~'s Teepee

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:19 pm
User Image
The flight was long and exhausting but none of this mattered as each flap of his wings propelled him towards his mission. Never in a thousand years would Quilo have guessed that little foal he watched over would go so far from home like this! Then again this wasn't the first time she had surprised him; that would be the day she disappeared without him. Now her family had made a simple request: let them know how she was doing but don't let her know about it. Easy enough... once he found where she was! Several stops along the way chattering with other local wildlife had proven to be useful. He had gathered information that there was a meadow most equines would visit.

This was incredibly vague but what choice did he have? Nothing would deter him in his quest: Find Kuwanyauma. His satchel rustled a bit as he came to rest on a tree on the edge of the meadow with a sigh. Where in the world was this horse?! "How hard is it to find a blue mare?" Quilo groaned at himself. His tired gaze scanned over the tree line that surrounded the clearing in hopes to find another he could question. It was a moment like this he wished there were more of him to help him look but that was impossible. He had no choice but to rely on others and someone who was more familiar with the area would be much more useful than a guest to these skies like he was. No matter how exhausted he was from his journey, his determination remained strong and his faith that he would complete this assignment was strong.

~Latonia de la Courtel~
Thankies for rping with me!

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:14 pm
Perched on a high-sitting branch, the purple she-hawk known as Amarie surveyed the meadow below. There was a scattering of hives in the clearing, formed of wrapped reeds and thin roots twined into conical baskets. The bees themselves were pleased with the arrangement, happily buzzing to and fro between the nearby glade of wildflowers and their new homes. She couldn't wait to tell Falmari the new hives were a success, and they could soon begin harvesting honey from the previous hive.

Abandoning her branch and soaring high, Amarie went winging across the still-unfamiliar territory. It was exhilarating to fly over land that was not in control of the Flock, valleys that were still unknown to her and forests as yet unexplored. Below her, strangers wandered, raising their families and finding love. Soquili and familiar alike moved here and there, their colors as wide and varied as the terrain and the plants they moved among. She looked forward to the chance to meet some of them, to befriend them if fate was kind.

Some time later, Amarie came to a halton the branch of an old oak, resting her wings as she took stock of her surroundings. It was important that she map as much of the surrounding area as she could, in the event that Falmari wanted to travel after the sun went down. Preening a feather or two back in order, she blinked in surprise at the distant fluttering of a hawk in shades of winter. He was quite unlike any she had seen before.

"Not that I am an expert of the area.." She murmured with a thoughtful narrowing of her eyes. "But perhaps he's a stranger..."

Leena-chan
No problem! I'm happy to! blaugh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:33 pm
User Image
His piercing gaze swept over the landscape, in search of another feathered soul that possibly be trusted. There were a few that seemed so carefree and bustling by with their happy little lives, completely occupied within their own worlds. Over each life his gaze washed over until it was finally captured by the sights of another watching him.

Blinking, his head cocked this way and that in curiosity. What interesting marking and patterns, and something completely unfamiliar. Quilo took this as a good sign that perhaps they were of this land as well! His wings opened up and he took to the skies in order to close the distance between him and this fellow hawk. "Hello!" He called out in strength and in hope that such a greeting would show no aggression and only a friendly intent. Still, even with all that high, pure and best intentions, if there was one thing the male understood it was the wariness of strangers. This spurred the wise avian to land on a branch two trees from the one whom he was trying to address.

"Excuse me, I'm a visitor to these skies and I was wondering if you are familiar with this place? I am searching for someone and could use a little help." His dedication to the mission was greater than his pride. He felt no shame in admitting when he needed help if it meant he was that much closer to obtaining his goal in his search.

~Latonia de la Courtel~
I'm so sorry for the delay x.x

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:41 pm
For all that a stranger was an interesting thing, and the she hawk surely made note of it, Amarie was still here to perform a task. To that end she shifted faintly on the branch, casting her keen eye on the ground below her. She memorized the paths and the presence of trees, then tilted her head, attempting to make note of loose or low branches. Such items could easily become a hazard if exposed the wind or after time, and with a companion such as hers, she was reluctant to allow such things to come to pass.

"Still, there appears to be little immediate danger." She noted, talons biting into the bark of the branch reflexively. "The location remains a soundly selected one, secluded but not too far out of our way. Shaded and optimum for the bees, with little obstacles that cause concern for us."

Drawn out of her musings at the hawk's greeting and approach, Amarie craned her head about in quiet surprise. Well, he was social too. Who would have thought? Somehow she expected they'd regard each other in wary silence for awhile. Well, that meant this place was not his home... Which was good, since it would be hers in short order, for someone would have to keep an eye on the beekeeper.

"Good day." She returned with a gentle tone and a kind of cool interest. He seemed polite, this stranger, though not all that familiar with this place. She rather doubted he meant any harm, and as she was in no hurry, Amarie inclined her head. "I am quite, actually. This, and several hours flight in most directions, and days in a few others. I'd be happy to help you in your search, if I can."

There was of course the question of whether the one he sought wanted to be found, but she'd withhold judgement for now. Learning all she could would be best, and Falmari would certainly not miss her before sundown.

Leena-chan
Since we were speaking of it.... XD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 am
User Image
The more time that drifted by since his initial assignment, the more emboldened his actions grew. It was not in Quilo's nature to circle in silence while his mission went unchecked. There was no great pleasure for him in talking with others but there was no displeasure at the same token. Whatever it took for him to complete his task was what he would do. The requirements for the situation at hand now called for cooperation, communication, and for him to remain focused.

The fact that the she-hawk responded was a positive beginning to the task at hand. She didn't fly away and greet him with malice. These facts helped to propel him in giving a smile to the new feathered acquaintance. "I am in your debt. My name is Quilo." If he was to gain her trust, he had to show her some as well and what better way than to give his name? "I am looking for a unique female soquili. She is similar in coloring to my feathers, but has a white horn, and unique wings, both gossamer and feathered. Her mane and tail are braided and woven with golden star charms. Have you seen any in your current travels who may be similar to what I have described?"

Quilo was counting on the fact that the she-hawk had mentioned various directions that much land had already come into her knowledge. He banked that if she had seen such a mare, it might stick out in memory. However, he also realized it was a long shot. Ever since he flew into these lands he had seen the vast herds and various soquili everywhere. To pin-point one simple mare among the many would be a task to disheartened anyone. Lucky for Kuwanyauma's family, Quilo was not one to let such odds shake him off the trail.

~Latonia de la Courtel~
FINALLY I tag back! Sorry about that.

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:59 pm
While he seemed a pleasant enough sort, Amarie did note that the other hawk seemed somewhat stilted in his approach. Perhaps he had expected her to refuse to speak with him, or to be rude, she couldn't quite tell. Still, it was somewhat endearing as it reminded her of the Soquili stallion who was her charge.

"I am not sure I would declare a debt when no favor has been done, as of yet." She returned with amusement. "Perhaps what I can offer is worth a future favor, perhaps not. Regardless, it is pleasant to make your acquaintance, Quilo, and my name is Amarie."

Looking for a friend then, possibly his charge. Ahh but she knew what that could be like, Falmari could be difficult to keep tabs on too. "Well I know of a few with strange wings, though lesser that match your description. There are even a few of them that are blue or shades of, and I may have seen one with a horn. A healing spiral type, perhaps?"

The golden charms seemed familiar in a distant sort of way. Perhaps a mare she'd seen from the air but had no chance to speak with... Perhaps a friend of a friend and so on. Distant but not beyond the scope of her wanderings or comprehension.

Leena-chan
Sorry it took so long, busy season. XD

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces