Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Lovette Ancestral Manor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:26 pm
xxxxxxxx ● ● ● LOVETTE ANCESTRAL MANOR ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

User Image

【 LOCATED AT Rutland, England

Home of Timothy and Phyllis Lovette, Ezekiel and Arianna Lovette, Avian Lovette and Nicole "Nike" Lovette

INTERIOR

First Floor

User Image User Image User Image User Image

| Entrance/Center Staircase | Family Dining Room | Dining Hall | Kitchen |

| East Wing Staircase/Hallway | Recreation Room | West Bathroom | East Bathroom |

Second Floor

| Timothy's Bedroom | Phyllis' Bedroom | Arianna's Bedroom | Ezekiel's Bedroom |

User Image User Image

| Avian's Bedroom | Nicole's Bedroom |

User Image User Image User Image

| Library | East Bathroom | West Bathroom |  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:28 pm
xxxxxxxx ● ● ● FAMILY STATUS ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

NPCs
TIMOTHY LOVETTE (NPC) ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

PHYLLIS LOVETTE (NPC) ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

EZEKIEL LOVETTE (NPC) ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

ARIANNA LOVETTE (NPC) ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

User Image
AVIAN LOVETTE xxxxxxxx

User Image
NICOLE "NIKE" LOVETTE xxxxxxxx

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:29 pm
xxxxxxxx ● ● ● RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

space ● ● ● The Lovette Manor has stood since God-knows-when, passed down from one heir to another
space ● ● ● The home has a snobbish and old atmosphere inside-out, at least that was how Avian would describe since it irritated him sometimes.
space ● ● ● There are house-elves living about, except they rarely communicate with the Lovettes aside from orders
space ● ● ● It is located three hours away from a Wizarding Community, with a Muggle-Repelling Charm cast over it.
space ● ● ● Connected to Floo Network, the address is "Lovette Manor"

xxxxxxxx ● ● ● PETS INFORMATION ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

space ● ● ● Avian has a young Barn Owl named Athena and a Ferret named Beedle

space ● ● ● Nike, on the other hand, has a Black Cat named Micah.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:14 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxƝƖƇƠԼЄ ԼƳƦƛ "ƝƖƘЄ" ԼƠƔЄƬƬЄx
Fσυгτн Ψελг Ѕlψτнεгιπ Ƥυгεϐlσσd spacee

User Image

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold
                                                But you will remember me, remember me for centuries
                                                And just one mistake is all it will take
                                                We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries!

███ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ███ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ██ ▌██ █ ▌█ ██ ▌███ ▌

Nike had been silently been questioning about who thought it was a good idea to invite Cyrus bloody Lillantine in this house, in a holiday. Her dad had to be mad about this! All she wanted was a bloody quiet dinner and just leave but nooooooo, they thought to throw her fiance in this manor was a sweet and wonderful idea for their non-existent relationship to "bloom". Bloom? Hah. Haaaaaah. Joke's on them, her herbology studies has shown that this so-called relationship was going to wilt on purpose because curse the sun. She should know, she pretty much excelled at Herbology and she was damn proud of it. Looking over her older brother Avian, she could see that he was pretty much bothered about this, but then when was he not?

Her mother suggested that she should wear something semi-formal, Nike decided to screw it and dress in a sweater and a cardigan. Because logically speaking, it was winter, and she was bloody sure their argument were invalid. She tapped her foot out of impatience, when the seven hells was that blondie going to come in here?

███ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ██ ▌▌█ ██ ▌███ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ███ ▌

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name 'cause I was only born inside my dreams
                                                Until you die for me, as long as there's a light, my shadow's over you
                                                'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia and you're a cherry blossom,
                                                You're about to bloom, you look so pretty, but you're gone so soon!

ωι†h [her family, Cy] α† [Family Dining Room]

Ʋεгψ Ʊπшιllιπɢlψ ΣπɢλɢεdΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

User Image

< Out.Of.Character >
                                                ooc

The Forgotten Weasley

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:52 pm
And if the karma patrol take control-
I'm gonna be in trouble.
And if the moral police ask for receipt-
I am gonna burst their bubble.
Richen, smidgen, muddy, smutty...
Who’s your god; I'm not the type to pray-
Except when I fall; I'm only human, after all.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ˁᴸʸᵀᴴᴱᴿᴵᴺᶠᴵᶠᵀᴴ ʸᴱᴬᴿᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺ

Originally Cy had been a bit put-out about the whole thing. After all, he usually spent his winter holiday at Hogwarts, not at home. The elder Lillantines had never been ones for much... seasonal spirit, and Christmas or Yule or whatever you wanted to call it. They'd always gotten presents growing up, far less once they'd reached Hogwarts age, and they'd always been left under a tree decorated by a few resentful house elves. As a spoiled child, it had never made much of an impact. Getting what he wanted had been a daily occurrence. Now that he was older Cy had realized that he tended to get far less of what he wanted, but know he knew how to get it himself.

Anyways, when his mother had written to tell him that the Lovettes were having him over for supper- just him, at that- he'd been a bit disappointed. Being dragged home for a good two weeks with only one event of any amusement to look forward to was bad enough. That event being just him and his future in-laws was even worse. At least if his mother and father had been invited he'd have gotten to watch them attempt to make small talk and mask their distaste for a family comprised primarily of religiously fanatic Ravenclaws. However, he'd heard that was mostly the grandparents's doing, and he didn't think they'd be present tonight. It was a pity. At least he didn't have to wear a suit, seeing as the dinner was supposed to be more of an informal 'family affair'.

He could only imagine how terribly this was going to end, but with slightly raised hopes, found himself on the Lovette's doorstep, having been apparated there by a less than enthused Callius Lillantine, who informed him in no uncertain terms that if he heard anything less than a glowing report of Cyrus's conduct, there would be hell to pay. Cy wanted to return to Hogwarts with minimal scarring, so he made a noise of assent, and found himself alone, in the cold, in the dark. Humming some off-tune muggle Christmas carol, he knocked on the door, three times. A house elf immediately answered, took his coat, and led him into the house.

The interior was lit, if dimly, and he passed under a wood-paneled arch beside a staircase and into a small (for a family of wealthy purebloods) dining room. Various glowering portraits tutted above him, and a fire crackled underneath some muttering patriarch. He waited patiently until the house elf announced his presence, scanning the faces around the table; the parents were much harder to read, but Nike looked impatient, either from frustration or anxiety or a combination of both, and Avian looked about as thrilled as usual. He generally seemed to sulk about almost everything, and as someone who'd been locked in the nursery for hours at a time as a mere toddler for pouting, Cy found it extremely entertaining to watch a sixteen year old act half his age. Not that Vander had ever been some pinnacle of maturity, but at least he'd known how to fake it in the presence of adults.

"Thank you so much for inviting me, Mr. Lovette," he reached out to shake the man's hand politely, and nodded respectfully at his wife; "Mrs. Lovette." Finally he glanced directly at Nike, and smiled. "Merry Christmas, Nicole. You look beautiful." In his defense, his use of her full name hadn't been primarily to irritate her- he had no idea what she went by at home, with her presumably strict and overtly traditional parents, and part of him doubted they were so keen on their 'Nicole' going by the name of a muggle goddess of victory and triumph in battle. Seemed a little... pagan.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

I played the devil's advocate-
I played into his hands!
I played the fool; I played the victim...
And if you bump into the devil;
Tell him I understand.
Rather the devil you know.
Than the devil you don't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:17 am
User Image

ஒ ♫ ஒ ♪ ஒ ♫ ஒ ♪ ஒ ♫ ஒ ♪ ஒ ♫ ஒ ♪ ஒ ♫ ஒ ♪ ஒ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hide your eyes, we're gonna shine tonight
Sub-atomic never get the best of me
Ain't a DJ gonna save my soul (My soul)
I sold it long ago for rock 'n' roll (Whoa oh)

Avian wasn't sure who thought it was a great idea to send him back here just to attend a family dinner, because usually he used an excuse of "I'm studying for my exams" just to get away from going back to this snooty old house. But since Nike's fiance is coming here, his brother instincts told him to go back and keep an eye on this Lillantine. It wasn't like he and Cy talked alot or something, but something told him that he was not going to like the blondie, add to the fact no matter how Nike was pissed at him that didn't stop him from being protective.

Sitting down and sipping his cup of tea, he watched his father greeting Cy with a subtly pleased smile, whereas his mother seemed to partially disinterested with the whole thing as per usual. Nike, hownever, pretty much looked as displeased as him, though she was capable of handling her own emotions for the sake of the holiday. The Slytherin girl looked at Cy in the eye and answered him cooly, "I know I am. But anyway, merry Christmas, Cy." Yep, displeased, just like what Avian figured. Looking up to his future brother-in-law, the Ravenclaw gave him a forced smile, though his grey eyes implied otherwise, "Hello Cy, it's good having you tonight. Happy holidays." He said, half-sarcastic and half-formal.

As the dinner was starting, Avian was just looking down and quietly eating what his plate offered when his father decided to speak up to him. So, Avian, how was your school back there?" He wasn't sure it his father thought it was necessary to do so, given that Ezekiel was only kind to his son when he was behaving like a typical pureblood, like what he was doing right now.

"It's alright." Avian answered, not looking at his father and just focusing on his plate, "Just essays here and there. Nothing special."

Ezekiel merely nodded, "Very well, how's things going with you and Miss Avery, then?" And that was how his heart transformed to lead in half a second, of all the questions Avian had feared it had to be that. Still not looking to his dad, the musician answered, "We're alright. Well, we've been doing our own things, but we're alright." He was just going to hope that no one was capable to put something about him in the rumor mill in Hogwarts, but it wasn't like his yearmates even try to care about him save for Zeph. Besides, most of them were probably too busy doing their own pesky shenanigans so...

xxxxxxDrop the needle when the tape deck blows
                                                          xxxxxxI gotta shout this out so everybody knows
                                                          xxxxxxIf we were all like you in the end

xxxxxxxx with [his family, Cy] at [the Family Dining Room]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxx((OOC))xxx
                                                          not the best edit but i hope it makes sense 8'D
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, we'd be killing ourselves by sleeping inxxxxxx
                                                          So, hit the lights, I'll do it againxxxxxx
                                                          And keep your cars, and your dogs, and your famous friendsxxxxxx

Engaged Attire Theme Song xxxxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:04 am
I'm gonna be in trouble.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

Cy wasn't blind- he was aware of Avian sizing him up moodily, the father's thinly veiled pleased expression, and the mother's boredom. He refrained from laughing at Nike's cool response, partly shocked neither parent so much as shot her look of warning over it, and decided that the Lovettes were probably a bit lax when it came to discipline, compared to what he was used to from his parents. It wasn't as if he minded- it made things all the more entertaining, since clearly neither Lovette sibling was too worried about getting in trouble if they weren't polite. He sat down beside her- not that there were many seats at the table to choose from in the first place- and smiled back at Avian, who sounded borderline sarcastic in a way that would have gotten Cy cuffed around the head after the company had left. "It's my pleasure," he said simply, and as dinner started focused on his plate. He was starving, after all, and Nike didn't seem very receptive to small talk at the moment. He only really looked up when Mr. Lovette addressed his son; Avian avoided looking at his father directly, which was a habit that seemed to be extremely common in pureblood children and bad liars alike. "I think it's very important to still have your own separate interests and activities, as a couple," he spoke up calmly. "Sera's Slytherin's seeker- hopefully she takes the house to a win this year, right, Avian?" He glanced over at the older boy innocently; he was willing to bet he'd never so much as gone near a quidditch match his 'fiancee' was playing, so he probably should have taken a different route than 'we're doing our own things'. Come on, if you were going to lie, at least put some thought into it.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

I played into his hands!
Tell him I understand.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:51 am
User Image

spaceAvian subtly gritted his teeth when Cyrus decided to chime in their conversation, like excuse me, did you know that you're not part of the conversation? It was just rather rude to just interrupt like that as if they were close friends, and Avian didn't think he was going any close to that blondie according to his instincts. He bit his lip as he masked his annoyance as he was listening to him, especially that innocent look he gave to him. Well, he already knew that Sera was Slytherin's seeker, only that he didn't attend any of the Quidditch Games. "Oh, she will. Avian responded with controlled calm, "But of course I'm rooting for Ravenclaw since it's my house, then won a cup last year, after all" He glanced up to see his father shaking his head and proceeded to say dryly, "Hm. So she's doing Quidditch, huh. How ladylike." Avian resisted the urge to roll his eyes considering how his father tended to be entitled about some things, just like grandpa. Though, to be fair, Nike got a near dodge of a bullet when she said that she was going to be a Wizengamot Member like what she would do when she was shrewd.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxx((OOC))xxx
                                                          STAFU
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:04 pm
I'm gonna be in trouble.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

If looks could kill, Cy was sure he would probably be at least maimed by now. He wasn't sure Avian really had gaze intensity capable of actual murder. In truth, Cy wasn't sure why he disliked the older boy so; he rarely genuinely disliked other people, because, as his father was fond of saying, everyone had their uses. It was possible he was just projecting his... mixed feelings towards his own older brother at the nearest target. But he supposed the most likely answer was that Avian was the definition of 'wasted opportunity'. He was heir. He had everything he could possibly want, and all he had to do was play nice until Grandma and Grandpa and Mummy and Daddy bit the dust. But he was so ridiculously weak, so lacking in any awareness of his position, that he'd decided to take a stand on following his little musician dreams. It wasn't like Cy had some moral objection to a sixteen year old boy well... doing what boys did, to play the outdated 'men will be men' card. But come on now. If you were going to play the game, at least learn the rules before hand. Everyone cheated. It was human nature. Men did it, women did it, if there was an opportunity to roll around in greener grass, people were going to take it, brush themselves off afterwards, and carry on with their lives. But like it or not, in their society there were rules, and if you had half a brain, you followed the standard infidelity guideline for pureblooded men. If his father ever had a mistress (and knowing Callius, Cy sincerely doubted this), his mother would be expected to, for lack of a better expression, 'grin and bear it'. Gentlemen, after all, tried to avoid discussion of 'the nineteen year old I'm sleeping with on the side is really much better in the sack, darling'. So when it came down to it, any problem Cy had with Avian had less to do with Avian himself... and more to do with Avian's situation. "Well, seeker is really a very well suited position for women," he said. "Since you have to be smaller to excel at it." He turned his attention back to the meal, which was alright, he supposed. Their house elves at home cooked far better. Nike was completely silent, and he debated engaging her in conversation, but was sure it would be a series of monotone answers, so that probably wouldn't be very fun. Instead, after pushing his peas around on his plate a little, he turned his attention back to the elder Lovettes. "Mr. Lovette, how did you and Mrs. Lovette get along in Hogwarts, if you don't mind me asking?" he asked innocently. "I know my brother and his wife weren't very fond of each other when they first met, but they've been completely over the moon with each other for the last couple of years. It's really very sweet."

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

I played into his hands!
Tell him I understand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:28 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxƝƖƇƠԼЄ ԼƳƦƛ "ƝƖƘЄ" ԼƠƔЄƬƬЄx
Fσυгτн Ψελг Ѕlψτнεгιπ Ƥυгεϐlσσd spacee

User Image

Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold
                                                But you will remember me, remember me for centuries
                                                And just one mistake is all it will take
                                                We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries!

███ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ███ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ██ ▌██ █ ▌█ ██ ▌███ ▌

Nike could feel that her brother was trying not to make an outburst as she noticed him look up and glare at Cy when their father wasn't looking at him, and she was certain that the two didn't talk that much... unless they were doing it behind her back. She didn't know since the start of her fourth year (and Avian's sixth) they pretty much ignored each other as far as she recalled. Well, she was pretty sure Avian was avoiding her, and her passive-aggressiveness for him was no longer that prominent compared to last September? But still, if anything, he should be the one to apologize for how much of an arse he was, not her. Though, she thought that whatever Avian was doing was stemming from his emotions for the most part, and she was sure emotions and reason tend to be like some pair of brass scales. She didn't really was into "Being a seeker is really beneficial, if you ask me." The woman spoke up calmly, then gave her husband a subtle "I dare you to protest and be impolite infront of a guest" look (as per usual) before adding, "You see, everybody knows that they need sharp eyes to do their job. That way, they can see some details other can't, am I right?" Any perceptive person could see that the lady wasn't exactly fond of Ezekiel, hell, they even slept in separate bedrooms.

Now, the Slytherin boy's question regarding how her parents get along made some mixed reactions: Nike raised her eyebrow at Cy as if wanting to ask why he even wanted to know (But then, you know, she was in a controlled environment, so she didn't say that), Ezekiel and Arianna exchanged looks as if they were thinking what she was thinking, Avian... He narrowed his eyes behind his red glasses, almost resembling his sister when she was angry. "May I know why are you curious to know, if you don't mind me asking?" Ezekiel asked Cy with a raised eyebrow. Something was wrong, this better not be about Avian's rumour-- Or, at least it wasn't, Nike never said a single word to anyone about the rumor about him and some Mitchell girl... Or the fact that Avian and Sera were really ignoring each other.

███ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ██ ▌▌█ ██ ▌███ █ ▌██ █ ▌██ █ ▌█ ███ ▌

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name 'cause I was only born inside my dreams
                                                Until you die for me, as long as there's a light, my shadow's over you
                                                'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia and you're a cherry blossom,
                                                You're about to bloom, you look so pretty, but you're gone so soon!

ωι†h [her family, Cy] α† [Family Dining Room]

Ʋεгψ Ʊπшιllιπɢlψ ΣπɢλɢεdΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

User Image

< Out.Of.Character >
                                                ooc

The Forgotten Weasley

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:17 pm
I'm gonna be in trouble.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

Cy listened to Mrs. Lovette with interest; this was the most the woman had said in the last half-hour or so, and she said it while staring down her husband with an expression that clearly indicated that there was little love lost between the two of them. That wasn't very shocking; he didn't know many traditional pureblood marriages that were really overwhelmingly happy with one another. That was probably a side effect of being forced to marry someone else regardless of your feelings on them, though. "I wouldn't know," he said politely. "I'm terrible when it comes to Quidditch- I just watch the school games." At his question Avian looked incensed, while Nike simply raised an eyebrow at him. Cy smiled blandly back at her, before glancing at her father's whose expression mirrored his daughter's. "Oh, well, I just know it takes some couples a while to warm up to one another. My father actually actively sought out my mother's hand in marriage- I suppose he was smitten from the start- but I know many other couples really don't get along at the beginning. Rebellious teens and all that. I've heard some people even have interim relationships after the engagement is announced." And then he took a sip of his water. "But Avian probably knows more about that than me. I haven't done nearly as much dating."

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

I played into his hands!
Tell him I understand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:32 am
User Image

space'Five sickles says your father got slapped by your mum at first try.' That was Avian's first thought the moment Cy mentioned about Mr. Lillantine's seeking out for his wife's hand for marriage. He and Nike were perfectly aware that couples from arranged marriages drolling on each other were a myth, unless they were that so desperate and couldn't keep whatever was on their pants. But then, Nike told him that the bride and groom from the marriage she attended last summer were, quoting her, "Sappy.

spaceHe refrained himself from saying anything until the blond Slytherin was dropping a metaphorical dungbomb on the table, and Avian was torn between spitting his tea or pretending that he didn't choke on it and keeping a straight face while dying inside. He gritted his teeth to resist to do any of that and continued to drink the cup as if nothing happened. Swallowing up the drink, he noticed that his parents were exchanging looks at each other. Setting down the cup, Avian looked at Cy and asked him, sounding low and offended, "Are you implying something, Cyrus?"

"What is he talking about, Avian?" Ezekiel asked, narrowing his greyish eyes at his son.

"I don't know what he's talking about, father. I was way too busy studying to even care about the other girls near my year." Avian responded, slightly sounding defensive. He didn't even talked to any of his classmates about his personal life, because again, they were just too busy to care about him, anyway. He didn't even talk to Cy, and neither did he talked about it to anyone. Well sure, he might have told Zeph about it but still. No, what if Nike told Cy about it? That couldn't be right. Right?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxx((OOC))xxx
                                                          STAFU
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:38 pm
I'm gonna be in trouble.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

Cy probably should have commended Avian for the composure that he did manage to maintain; for someone who was very easy to read- certainly far easier to read than Nike- he seemed to be trying his best to remain calm. However, it was impossible to keep the slightly desperate tone out of his voice, as much as he tried. Cy felt that he probably could have gotten away with not saying another word all night, as the damage had clearly already been done. But that would have been a waste of this wonderful opportunity. "Implying something?" he replied, sounding genuinely confused. "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to imply anything. I thought it was common knowledge that you and Grace Mitchell were a bit of a thing; I'd assumed everyone knew about it already." His pale eyes were wide with wonder and something approaching delight. "I just- you didn't make much of an effort to hide it, so I thought everyone was aware of the... arrangement, if it's more polite to call it that." He was cutting the meat on his plate seamlessly the entire time, not even looking down at his fork and knife.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

I played into his hands!
Tell him I understand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:05 am
User Image

Avian's eyes widened for a split second, then it shifted into a real glare the moment the boy decided to name drop Grace. He was speechless, unsure if he should lie to him that he was never with her- But that would sound... wrong. Very wrong in his voice. But he was very convinced that he never told anyone! And even if he did told Zeph he knew that the Hufflepuff giant wasn't the type to spread the word around. But, what if Nike was the one to tell it? Or Sera? But it couldn't be his sister, right? He glanced at her for a moment, and she was looking down the table as if avoiding eye contact. For what? She usually does that when she's nervous about something, for such an overthinking Slytherin. But it wasn't like he was asking for her help, either, but e wasn't really sure if she did told him or was she concerned of whatever's happening right now.

But no, he couldn't speak up or stand from his seat immediately. He just... Had to think this through- Avian's a Ravenclaw, he should be using his wit in these situations. He was contemplating his next sentence when he heard the sound of the moving chair, making him turn his head to the origin of the sound. Avian saw his father as he stood up, and his noticeable height obviously wasn't helping at all. He couldn't just believe whatever crap Cyrus was spouting, that was his father! Parents don't always believe s**t like that to a near-stranger.

"Avian." His father Ezekiel spoke up, his voice was low and grave, "Come with me."

The young Ravenclaw seemed to forget to bite his tongue out that he suddenly said, "Why?" He immediately regret it though, as the older man gave him a glare clearly translated as "Stop asking questions and come with me." Avian stared at him for a moment like some sort of staring contest, but he apparently lost and stood up from his seat. He could just feel it, his heart was in a rapid tempo and his hand felt cold. Still, Avian followed him to the Entrance Hall, and he wasn't sure what was supposed to be the unspoken message there. Ugh, he was getting to it! But it was just hard to just look at him right now!

Ezekiel turned around facing Avian, and the tall height was certainly not helping at all. "I said this before and I'm saying this again: What was he talking about?" The man narrowed his eyes on the young Ravenclaw, as Ezekiel was probably dying to know if it were true. After all, rumors- even if it were false- could ruin the reputation of such a decent pureblood family.

"I already told you, I don't know what he's talking about!" Avian protested as he shoved his cold hands into the pockets of his cardigan. Why the hell was his father taking Cyrus' word seriously? How could he not trust his son, also? That just sounded wrong... "Avian." Ezekiel crossed his arms and continued with a grave tone, "Trust me, after this I would put a drop of Veritaserum on your drink the next day so tell me right now because we do not want your grandfather to hear about this from you."

"Bloody he- Why don't you trust me when I say it?!"

"Because last time I checked, our family isn't the type to create such a rumor like that!" Ezekiel snapped back, taking a step forward, "And that rumor is such a sin, that infidelity, Avian! Don't you have any idea how it will impact our family like that, even if it were not true? Avian couldn't take it anymore, and he could have sworn his chest exploded when he suddenly raised his voice than average, "Well, if you didn't set me up with that Avery without my permission WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM!"

"So it is true..." And that was how Avian immediately regretted his outburst when his father finally picked up the piece, hence it was like he did confess. "I can't believe this!" Ezekiel said angrily, "After everything for you and Nicole, and this is what you give in return?"

"Oh, is it?" Avian snapped, but his clenched hands were shaking as his voice. "Yes, I'm sure that setting us up before we even reach seventeen was really for us. You're not even engaged with mum at age fifteen or thirteen!" It wasn't fair, why did they have to be betrothed when they were supposed to live their life in Hogwarts? It certainly wasn't out of love when they set you up with someone who you clearly didn't like, as long as they were pure. That was all they care about. "It's for your own good! Haven't you learned anything from your cousins-"

"Don't talk to my cousins like that!" The Ravenclaw was starting to lose his patience especially when the topic of his late uncle's family was mentioned, especially when they were pointing out everything that wasn't even bad to begin with. "I don't think you care about them. Heck, do you even care about me? All you do to me is just bossing around and telling me to do what your friends want me to see! You just don't care about what I think and decided to groom me up to work at some stupid Ministry job and marry me off like some Chocolate card! What kind of normal parent does that?!" In the middle of his ranting, he felt that his eyes were getting sore and watery so he immediately wiped it off with his sleeve. Ugh, not this time! Why now?

Ezekiel fell silent and he bit his lip as if containing his rushing ire. Avian regretted more and more about everything he said just now, even though if he couldn't help it. "Clearly you're not worth it as an heir, and you clearly didn't care about your family" He said, shaking his head, "You took everything your parents given you for granted just to follow your selfish dreams. Even went as far to committing infidelity to your fiancee? And then the moment you got caught you pull off those crying to make you look like a good person? Disgraceful. God has planned something for you and you decided to throw it all away.

Even if Avian did resent about his parents, he felt like it hit him sharp when his father alone said that. It sounded as if it was just true, but he wasn't sure if there was even a missing point about it. He didn't say anything, he was just frozen there in shock until his father snapped him out of it. "No matter what you think- You're still going to marry Sera. I'm confiscating that guitar you've been strumming about when you should be focused on your studies. Now you should be grateful that you're still staying at this house, no matter how a heavy burden you've been." The younger Lovette wanted to be angry, but he just can't, so he took a few steps back and went up upstairs to his room, slamming the door behind him. Avian messed up, he really did. He knew it that his father didn't care for him in the first place, just like his mother. Now, this was guaranteed the worst Christmas he ever had, and he was sure it was his own fault.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxx((OOC))xxx
                                                          STAFU
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers