• Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:27 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Solo rp between these three!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:34 pm
User Image

She was aflutter with excitement as she danced around the clearing, sweeping up leaves and arranging the flowers she had picked that morning to mark the occasion. It was a rare treat for her son to visit her. He had seemed to disappear for a long time, though he eventually had returned to explain where he'd been. He'd found a lovely mate - one Glitter hoped to meet soon! The two had chosen to live a secluded life, though Jailhouse had assure Glitter it was a temporary arrangement. She wondered if perhaps that was the reason for this meeting, that Jailhouse was bringing his mate home? No, that can't be it she reasoned. Leilan had decided to come too, or had he been the one to call this meeting? She furrowed her brow as she tried to recall. She had been happy just to receive the message of a small family meeting; she hadn't cared the reason. But now she'd had a couple of days to mull it over and she was dying to know what the purpose was! She ran around the clearing like a whirlwind, making everything ready.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:39 pm
User Image

He spotted her from quite a distance. The bright mare was never going to be stealthy, and not just because of her coloring. She was dancing around the clearing at a hyper pace; his mother had never been one for sitting still. He smiled as he watched her a moment without her knowing, appreciating her frantic anxiety and excitement. He felt similarly himself, considering it was his own son who had summoned them all there. What news did the younger stallion bring? Jai could make a few guesses. Of course he hoped for good news, though perhaps not THAT good of news... Jai was an older stallion and wasn't keen on feeling older by being made a grandfather again. He'd much rather feel young again by fathering his own set of kids, but that was something he and his mate were trying at already. Perhaps soon he would have that joy.

He made it to the clearly, Glitter having spotted him and come running to greet him. He gave her a warm smile and greeted her, exchanging pleasantries.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:45 pm
User Image

He had actually arrived prior to his father, but his nerves failed him. He hid in the bushes and watched his father move past him and greet Glitter, Leilan's grandmother. He didn't know what he could POSSIBLY be so nervous about. The family loved when it expanded. Foals were a gift, something to be celebrated. Lovely and he had waited so long to conceive as well. Surely he would be met with happiness and congratulations... still he was nervous and excited and terrified to be a father. That was it, surely. This was a huge life change and he was terrified. He took a calming breath and stepped back onto the path that would lead him to his family. He approached slowly, his head held high with an attempt at remaining dignified. His face dissolved into smiles and laughter when his father and grandmother turned and looked at him, Glitter charging him for an embrace and kisses. He was nearly floored by her excited greeting and allowed himself to succumb to her infectious happiness. "Ahhh Gran how I missed you! And you Father!"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 pm
User Image

All of her flower arranging and cleaning was immediately forgotten when she caught sight of her son. She flew to him and crashed into him with the force of her love knocking them nearly down. She buried him in embraces and kisses, laughing and questioning him about his health, happiness, and general gossip. Before he could reply to any of it or fully disentangle himself, she caught sight of her grandson and was flying at him before Jai could even utter a greeting of his own. She repeated her greeting process, and after a few moments of manic excitement she calmed down and backed away enough to let the two of them breath.

"So," she began, slightly winded by the ordeal of meeting. "What is this news?" Her grin was wide as she looked upon her son and grandson. She was filled, as always, with pride at the sight of them. She had such wonderful descendants.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:56 pm
User Image

He gasped as his mother released him, having just had the wind knocked out of him. She was nothing if not a passionate mare, which was admirable for one her age certainly. There was something about her that always made him smile, his worries melting away. He watched her and laughed at Leilan as he was smothered in Glitter's oppressive brand of affection-showing - for which he was rewarded a half-sincere glare from the younger stallion. Once things had settled, he eyed his son speculatively. "Yes, Leilan, tell us why we're here? Not that we don't appreciate a family get-together now and then," he added, seeing the disappointment cross his mother's eyes. "Your message was rather vague and slightly cryptic. Is everything ok?" He felt a pang of guilt at his earlier thought and decided he really DID hope Leilan was here to announce impending foals. He didn't want to feel like his thoughts had jinxed anything. Besides, whether or not his kids had more kids, Jai would still be old! He should stop worrying about it so much. Lynesse loved him; that was all that mattered. "And when do we get to meet your lovely mate? What's her name again?"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:20 pm
User Image

Leilan stared blankly at his father. Was that a joke, or did he truly forget his mate's name? "Uh.. it's Lovely. Her name is Lovely." He rolled his eyes and hoped no further jokes about it were forthcoming. He could just hear the comical misunderstanding in his head and he wouldn't have it. "As in, the name itself is Lovely. That's not a descriptor but the name itself." He shook his head, the smile creeping back onto his face. "And you'll meet her someday. Just not today. I wanted to talk to you... " His mouth was suddenly dry. "Is there water?" He glanced around and saw the bowls of water Glitter had set out in preparation for the meeting. They all headed over to the refreshment area and took a cooling drink. "I wanted to tell you... I'm about to be a father!" He beamed at the two older soquili, his grin hurting his face but he didn't care. "I'm so excited! And.. terrified..."

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:58 am
User Image

Her eyes grew wide and she squealed in delight and about trampled her grandson in another intense embrace, nearly knocking the both of them to the ground. She scattered a couple of bowls, sending water flying around as she laughed and beamed at Leilan happily. "You're going to be a father! That's amazing news!" She disentangled herself from her grandson, her face split ear to ear with a huge grin. "There is nothing in these lands more rewarding and amazing as having children," she said, sobering up slightly and glancing at Jailhouse Rock, her son. "Nothing will fill you with as much love and pride and terror as watching your little ones grow and learn." She herself was filled to bursting with pride for her family. They were all so amazing and strong, and as varied in temperament and appearance as the wildflowers in the field in which she often frolicked.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:02 am
User Image

Jai was more than a little disappointed that his son put an end to the comical "misunderstanding" of the mare's name, but accepted it. He allowed his mother to react the way he expected she would, with typical enthusiasm and disregard for personal space. He chuckled softly at her antics, shaking his head at her ridiculousness. There really were no dull moments with Glitter Rock around. Eternally youthful, she gave him hope for his own age. Perhaps he wasn't as old and decrepit as he worried he was. He swallowed his insecurities as his mother disengaged from his son and moved in to give a congratulatory embrace of his own, albeit much more subdued than Glitter Rock's. "This is wonderful news, Leilan. Truly. Will you two be returning home then? To raise the kids near family?" It was a rhetorical question really, where else would the foals be raised?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:06 am
User Image

He gasped for air after the intense enthusiasm of his grandmother, his nervous smile wavering and betraying his fear. Terror indeed. He barely had time to process the support his family was giving him before his father dropped another question on him that he was ill prepared for. Raise the foals here? He felt suddenly ashamed that he hadn't even considered it. He and Lovely didn't live FAR from where the bulk of the family stayed, but it was secluded enough that the two had enjoyed an independent life. Did they want to sacrifice that for the added comfort of raising the kids near family? "I.. uhh... we haven't discussed that yet," he finally replied sheepishly. "We haven't discussed a lot of things I guess. She doesn't even know I'm here, if I'm honest. I was... panicking and needed some support," he said, his voice trailing off as he dug into the dirt with his hoof. In so many ways he was the pillar of strength that supported he and his mate, brave and strong. He would face any danger to protect his love, but here he was just trembling at the idea of raising foals. He felt ashamed.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:11 am
User Image

She sensed his hesitance and nuzzled him gently, motherly. "My dear, everything will be ok. What you're feeling is normal. The first time I was pregnant I was freaking out. I had no idea what to do or where to live or how we were going to manage. You're lucky though. You're having foals with your mate, who is going to be so much more support for you. If you want to raise your kids closer to home, you'll have us around to help you. But even if you choose not to, we'll be going to you to help you anyway. You won't be doing this alone." She nuzzled him again, smiling. "This is all going to be wonderful, you'll see."

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:17 am
User Image

He nodded along to Glitter's words, feeling slightly uncomfortable. He was the product of her first pregnancy, with a stallion that was not her mate. Xian and Jailhouse's sisters were long gone, to places unknown. Glitter and Xian had been friends, and the stallion had stuck around for a little while, but it certainly wasn't the same thing as having children with a lifemate. Jailhouse Rock has repeated that same mistake, and it ate at him. He sometimes wished he had waited until he'd met Lynnesse... but then he looked at Leilan and couldn't bring himself to regret his decision. He was glad his son had broken the cycle and waited until he'd found a lifemate before fathering foals. "We'll always be here for you and Lovely. There's no need to fear. We'll give you whatever advice we have to offer, and help you figure out your own way. You'll be a great father, trust me. I'm very proud of the stallion you have become."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:22 am
User Image

He was feeling overwhelmed with their support. He had expected positive responses to the news, but still to hear their assurances and praise made him feel unspeakably better. He took a couple of deep breaths and nodded. "Thank you both so much. I don't know what I would do without your support. I'm so used to being the strong one; I didn't want Lovely to see my freak out. Though now I wonder what must be going through her head... I'm sure she's going through something similar. Maybe I SHOULD bring her here, so you both can make her feel better too." He chuckled, feeling lighter and more prepared for what he was about to face. Not that he really felt prepared, necessarily but certainly less unprepared. He knew he would be coming here often over the coming months for advice and assurances. He realized suddenly that he really did have an answer to his father's earlier question. "I think we'll stay where we are to raise them." He liked that idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:38 am
User Image

Glitter Rock could feel the uneasiness in Jailhouse Rock as she spoke of her first pregnancy. She nuzzled him gently, reassuring him that all had turned out well. She missed her daughters at times, but she had to believe they were living full and happy lives and would eventually return to her. In the meantime, Jailhouse was here, as well as her daughter from her second breeding Rocksteady, and Leilan with his mate. And now more grandchildren! Well, great-grandchildren, but no need for such semantics. Glitter didn't need to feel any older than she was!

"I'm quite proud of you as well," she told Leilan, echoing his father's words. "You are a strong and steady stallion, and Lovely is a lucky girl." She smiled happily. "And if you choose to stay put to raise your kids, that's ok! It's not too far a trip for me still."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:43 am
User Image

His mother's reassuring nuzzle was gratefully received, clearing his troubled mind for other things. After all, how could he really hold anything against her? He hadn't seen Leilan's mother since the kids had grown up. A pang of guilt ate at him for that, but he swallowed it.

He wanted to offer to move closer to his son to offer more support, but he knew his mate would not necessarily like that. She was very understanding of Jailhouse's past, but a little uneasy about his children. They would have to meet sometime. Preferably AFTER he had given Lynesse her own children. He sighed and shook his head.

"I'll come to see you often. I'll bring you guys food or whatever else you may need, ok? You won't struggle."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff