Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[ prp ] What's cookin' (America & Nasir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:56 pm
First days were always a little nervy but mostly exciting. New places, new people, new things to do. America loved a good start, and maybe Ashdown and her didn't have the best one so far, but maybe this could be a sort of do-over. A try again my friend with a side of dearly needed paycheck.

America was early to her shift, in a simple uniform of small shorts, comfortable shoes, and a top that was almost modest until she moved and the neckline help but offer a glimpse of some rather nice cleavage. This wasn't her first rodeo after all.

The two heckling oldsters were still there, right where she'd last seen them, and she gave them a saucy wink for their efforts as she went back toward the kitchens, looking for the other server she'd be getting a bit of training with before taking the floor herself.

"Hellooooooo?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:58 pm
America would find that there was, for the moment, no other server.

She did find Darlene's cook.

Nasir was in the kitchen that was a decent size and obviously recently remodelled. Borr had done so for the reopening so that they could handle a wider range of menu items (and some things that were in the kitchen were absolutely because he knew that they would help out Nasir).

He glanced up from his prep work, looking at America from behind new glasses. "Hey! Hi." Nasir had a ridiculously bright, friendly smile and it was aimed at the new employee. He was using his aprons to wipe his hand off, before he was unclipping one of the barrettes that was holding his bangs out of his eyes to fix it back.

"You're America, right?" Borr had mentioned her. Nasir was making sure his hands didn't have anything on them with another wipe on his apron. He wasn't even working with something that would have done anything but he was always polite and clean hands were important to being polite. He stepped towards her and held a hand out. "I'm Nasir."

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:33 pm
Taking his hand, the redhead beamed right back at him, chirruping a happy, "Pleased to meetchya, Nasir!" Letting go she gave him an appreciative glance that took in what he'd been doing along with the rest of him.

"Are you the one responsible for all those great smells?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 pm
Nasir's head ducked down and to the side briefly, only slightly embarrassed by the question. Compliments could do him in sometimes. His attire was a pair of well worn jeans and a tee that did actually say Darlene's on it along with an apron that was, strangely enough, covered in maneko-neki.

Totally matched the small cat shaped barrettes holding his hair back.

"I am," he replied with a grin, releasing her hand with a light friendly squeeze. It was nice to meet someone who had that same infectious quality to their smile (Borr was collecting all of those kinds of people obviously). "Also responsible for the all the hot wings you're likely to be handing out." Another wide smile followed his eyes widening a bit as he realized something. "Oh but you'll have to try some of the sauces and let me make up a sauce for you to have on your own plate of wings."

It was totally a thing he did for new employees.

"If you are into hot wings, of course." Not everyone liked hot wings, let alone actually ate meat.

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:02 pm
If it were possible, sparkles and flowers would have appeared behind America, all shining eyes and an oh my gosh smile. "Really?! Well dang, guess you're gonna be responsible for having to let out all my waistbands soon, too!"

And then, cocking her hip, she shoots him a little finger gun and wink with a click of her tongue, a gesture that'd soon be seen from her on the regular around the bar. "I have been told I'm a pretty saucy lady." Usually to emphasize some terrible joke that she's way too pleased with.

"What sorta sauce is on the Mr. Borr special?"

azuredrexams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:10 pm
Nasir laughed. It wasn't quite as loud or as impressive as Borr's laughter, he did not have the belly to back it up, but it was still happy sounding. "I apologize to your waistband in advance then but I do try to maintain a healthy diet myself."

Try being the operative word.

The finger gun and wink was amazing and Nasir was grinning again, tilting his head further towards the kitchen and back towards the break area. "I'll have to take your word for it that you're a saucy lady but so far ..." She definitely seemed like it and Nasir enjoyed it because unique people were definitely a thing Darlene's needed.

"Ah, the Borr special? Sweet, a little tangy, and the smallest hint of spicy." Nasir's lips were pressed together in a particularly amused, trying to not laugh smile. If only because Borr had a baby mouth if you asked Wil.

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:03 pm
"Well that's sounds awful nice, and no hidden habeneros so watch out for." She huffed a bit of laughter at the thought of it and any of the first day nerves that had held out this far were long gone in the face of Nasir's sunny disposition. "I might be a bit spicier than that, gotta say." She gestured to her hair, "Livin' up to the stereotype."

Straightening up, she asked, "So else is going straight to my butt?" And then she learned in with a grin and confessed in a low voice, "I'm kind of an optimist like that." An extra bit of butt wouldn't hurt her feelings even a bit. "But be straight with me here, hun, how much of my paycheck is gonna go to desserts here?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 pm
"Borr is very much exactly what he seems, so, yes, no hidden surprises." Nasir was all smiles and around someone like Sunny, he just seemed that much happier and cheerful. He chuckled when she gestured to her hair.

"Your hair suits you," he offered. "I think I may be a just the slightest bit jealous with my not so bright hair." It may have been part of the reason why he wore the kind of barrettes he did. Maybe.

"If you work in the mornings when I do, there's always fresh cinnamon buns that I make. Sometimes scones and other pastries as well." There was an amused glint to his eye. "Which, in no way, comes from your paycheck. Those are free and don't use up much of the ingredients and Borr is alright with it." It was accounted for as one of the staff perks when the books were figured out.

They went through a doorway that lead to the break area. There was a table, some chairs, and a couch that had blankets folded up across the back of it (never mind the pillows piled up to the side) that was next to the recently installed digital time clock for them to clock in with for their shifts.

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 pm
"Ha! You keep those dark curls hun, I can practically hear the trail of sighs you must be leaving behind." She might have gone on, there was a certain glint in her eye, but whatever series of friendly compliments were stirring up got derailed by the mention of cinnamon buns. On the regular.

"Good lord of gravy," America gasped, clutching at her chest with one hand and fanning herself with the other. "Y'all are gonna have to roll me out after my shifts. Just gonna be a big old peach-ball with a pony tail stickin' out."

The time clock looks like a few other time clocks she's come across, which is to say, an magical doo-hickey thinger that requires experienced explanation.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:10 am
Nasir's face warmed and ducked down slightly again. If only because, had this been a few years back, he would not have been aware of just what America meant. Instead he was and there was always that immediate desire to stammer out I don't do that.

Yet he had no time for those that claimed to like him and he liked everyone equally in return and -

- he laughed at the mentioning of peach-ball and the mental picture was something else. "You should be meet Meli, she told me something similar but Borr also gets on to me if I over do it with food." Mostly because he meant well and liked cooking and people liked to eat so he would always be making something for someone. Customer, employee, friend, someone.

Nasir grinned, the moment passed, and gestured towards the time clock.

Which lead to a very brief, very informative explanation on how to use it.

"Borr likes to let you do your own thing for a bit when you start out so he can get a feel for how you handle yourself and then if he wants to have you change something, he'll go over it with you." In regards to serving.

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:53 pm
Taking it all in, America nodded solemnly. "How about this," she cleared her throat and posed, hand on hip.

"Welcome to Darlene's, we've got Borr and you won't get bored! Wait no that's awful what about..." She slides over to some wine that had yet to be stocked. "Hey, there, I'm America, and I'll be serving red, white, and you!"

Winky face.

Finger gun.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:12 pm
Nasir watched.

Then grinned.

Then laughed.

It was a stupidly happy laugh.

"I think you'll be perfect for here, America. Borr will love that and you'll probably make a killing in tips with that kind of flair." Nasir couldn't quite believe that Borr had found someone who would fit in perfectly with the ragtag group of misfits that made up the employees.

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 pm
"Damn right!" America preened and grinned with every line of her body, from crinkling eyes to wiggling shoulders, to the toes she was bouncing on, ready and eager to show him how right he was. She put on the little half apron with a sticky note and her name on it and perked up at attention when she heard another serve look into the kitchen and call her over.

"Right! Okay, gonna do this!" She pumped her fist and then dapped Nasir's before dashing off.

Only to suddenly poke her head back in and ask, all innocence, "'Bout what time do those cinnamon buns come out the oven?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:48 pm
America earned another laugh from Nasir when she poked her head back in.

"In about thirty minutes. I'll put a couple out for you to snag when they are." Those brown eyes of his were watching her with amusement. "I may even see about making the frosting red, white, and blue."

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:56 pm
She pointed at him and stated firmly, "I'm keepin' you." And then promptly disappeared to Learn The Things. (Which somehow took exactly 30 minutes. What an Amazing Coincidence.)  
ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games