Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:33 pm
User Image
Dance Battle Booth

A blueblood sits at the booth, her feet up on the table. A padded 15 by 15 foot ring lies next to the table, with a training dummy in the center, and a boombox off to the side. The booth attendant grins at passing trolls, waving and calling them over. As they approach she smirks and leans in. “Interested in a Dance Battle? There is a chance to win tickets, not to mention fame, beetles, and prizes. All ya gotta do is sign up here, and leave an address or some method I can contact you with.” She pushes the clipboard and a pen over. “Give me a fake name or misinformation, and you're disqualified.”

How to play:
Once the blueblood has looked over your information she starts to explain things. “So, I'm going to put on a song at random, it's up to you to make it work. During live battles contestants don't get to choose what music they battle to, so you gotta keep on your toes. Then your gonna do a dance move. Try and make it look flashy.” Chiara points to where the training dummy stands. "Next you attack that. It's not even moving. In the real Dance Battle your opponent will be moving. Finally you perform a finishing move, it's the most important." Chiara grins. “Well, good luck. I'll be watching.” Wink wonk.

Roll 4D6 and consult the charts below concerning each individual roll.

XXXXXXXX1st D6: Random Music Choice

1: Is that a recording of cat-beasts yowling?! This isn't even music! -2
2: Oh no. Is this really playing?! Your least favorite song, if you could even call it "music" -1
3: Pretty decent song, rather boring, but hey! It's no yowling cat-beast. 0
4: A well paced song with a dance-to-able beat. +1
5: Pretty popular dance song, you can move to the beat fairly well. +1
6: Wow! Your favorite song just started playing! You got this! +2

XXXXXXXX2nd D6: Starting Move

1: You're just standing there. What? Stage fright or are you deaf? -2
2: Offbeat and out of step, but hey! You're trying, right? 0
3: You try a move you saw that one cool celebrity do. Emphasis being tried. 0
4: A wild squirrel runs under your feet, you manage to make it look smooth. +1
5: A strong first impression to the show the crowd. Even to the beat. +1
6: It's like you were hatched for the spotlight. Dazzling display. +2

XXXXXXXX3rd D6: Attack

1: Smack! You run into the training dummy and now you're bleeding somewhere. -2
2: You hit the training dummy and get knocked back. Oof. -1
3: You swing and miss entirely, somehow it looks decent 0
4: You're able to hit the training dummy without hurting yourself. +1
5: The training dummy creaks as it's hit with your attack. Your sure if it was a real troll it would have cried. +2
6: CRITICAL HIT! That training dummy is in PAIN! Good job! +3

XXXXXXXX4th D6: Finishing Dance Move

1: Did you really just trip and land on your face? Wow. -2
2: Slipped and landed on your butt. Well at least it's not your face. -1
3: You're really tired at this point. Little bit of a stumble... 0
4: You didn't fall, and you didn't stumble, good work. +1
5: You didn't mess up and it actually looked good! Excellent! +1
6: And strike a pose! Wow. Just wow. The blueblood is impressed. Maybe fame and fortune are in your future. +2

Use the code to report your winnings, have at least 100 words of role play, and the top 3 Dance Battle contenders of each day will earn a ticket. Writing at least 500 changed to 200 words of RP will reward an additional +1 to your total score for inspiring effort. All trolls that roll a total of 5 or above anytime during the event can enter the ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN COMPETITION. It will be hosted near the end of the event for 3 days and offers a chance to earn special prizes and a contract offer to Dance Battle their way to fame and fortune up on the big stage. On (DATE) a post will go up for signups and rules for competing.

Code:

[quote][b][size=18][color=blue]It's Time to Da-Da-Da-DANCE!![/color][/size][/b]
[b]Troll Competing:[/b]
[b]Total Points:[/b][/quote]

General Prizes and Novelties:
Bobbleheads: 100 beetles each
User ImageUser Image
Stickers! 1 beetles each. Can also be won
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bandaids: 50 beetles each. Can also be won
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pamphlets: 5 beetles each. Can also be won
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Participation Ribbon: 10 beetles each. Can also be won
Silver Ribbon: Can only be won
Gold Ribbon: Can only be won

Rolling a -8 will net you:
XXXXXXXXA frowny face sticker applied to your forehead with force. Unavoidable.
XXXXXXXXOne Band Aid

Between -7 and -4 lets you get
XXXXXXXXA pamphlet called “Standing Upright, for Dummies”
XXXXXXXXA ticket for one free Smack Upside the head from any blueblood

-3 to 0 will get you:
XXXXXXXXA pamphlet called “Dancing for Dummies”
XXXXXXXXA neutral face sticker to put where you see fit

1 to 4 will let you obtain:
XXXXXXXXOne chestnut, redeemable at Gastropod Games, forcibly thrust at you
XXXXXXXXOne “Participation” Ribbon, complete with “You Tried”

5 to 8 will award:
XXXXXXXXA silver ribbon, with “Good Job, Kid” written in sharpie
XXXXXXXXA smiley face sticker. Its got glitter.

9 gives a whopping:
XXXXXXXXWhack on the back for excellent work, may sting.
XXXXXXXXA gold ribbon with “See me later wink ” written on it.

ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN COMPETITION Prizes:
The top 3 winners will get to pick from the following.
Prize A:
User Image

Prize B:
User Image

Prize C: (comes with your choice of 3 outfits)
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 pm
User Image
Dance Battle Booth

ATTENTION!
May 15th, the DANCE BATTLE SHOWDOWN!

This event will close around 12 pm west coast time
Regular dance battle booth will still be open, your welcome to compete there if you do not qualify for the dance SHOWDOWN.

Qualified Trolls for the SHOWDOWN
Elidae
Cerpin
Etsali
Sascha
Keonix
Arniva

seekingCylem

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

blackbird cake

Gracie Loff

DraconicFeline

What Your Gonna Do
In this performance you will be guaranteed nice music, lucky you! There is a big stage set up in the middle of the Bloodfest Fairgrounds, lots of adoring fans will be here. Chiara has a costume closet behind the stage, filled with various skimpy outfits and glittery things to catch the audience's attention. Get dressed and GET OUT THERE!!

Rounds
You start with a 1D6 roll and fallow the directions on the chart below. Do this 3 times and add up your score.
1-2: Roll another D6,
XXXIf your roll is a between 3-5, +5 to your score.
XXXIf its not +2 to your score.
3-4: Now roll 1 D8,
XXXIf you roll a 4, +10 to your score,
XXX5-8 gets +3,
XXX1-3 gets +5
5-6: Now roll 1 D10,
XXXif you roll between 5-6 +10 to your score,
XXX1-4 nets you +3 to your score,
XXX7-10 gets +5 to their score.

Note: The word rule still applies, for every 200 words you get +1 to your score. So you can write 1000 words and get +5 to your score.
Note: The showdown will end at about 3pm western time on the 16th

ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN COMPETITION Prizes:
The top 3 winners will get to pick from the following. The top two will receive tickets, and the 3rd will be RNG rolled between everyone that dance today, either on the big stage or in Chiara's Booth
Prize A:
User Image

Prize B:
User Image

Prize C: (comes with your choice of 3 outfits)
User Image

[quote][b][size=18]It's Time to DANCE!![color=blue][size=18]IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS![/size][/color][/size][/b]
[b]Troll Competing:[/b]
[b]Total Points:[/b][/quote]

Micillia

Dapper Duck

KitsuneAura rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 2, 1 Total: 10 (4-24)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:42 pm
Quote:
It's Time to Da-Da-Da-DANCE!!
Troll Competing: Faithe Keeper (Etsali Azeban)
Total Points: -3 lol

Etsali was making her way through the booths, looking for anything that particularly caught her eye. In this case, it was the music that caught her attention first, the training dummy and mats that piqued her interest (was it some kind of fighting booth?), and then, as she neared the blueblood's table to see what she was offering, the bobblehead. That was Zin. That little toy was Zin. She came to a complete stop, unable to stop staring at it. Did that mean he was okay? Somehow associated with this blueblood and okay?

She almost asked. Nearly had the words out before she remembered that she was Faithe and Faithe definitely didn't know any grumpy tall, redbloods who'd been left behind in swamps. She didn't know anything about swamps at all. She laughed a little awkwardly, aware that the blueblood had probably noticed her pause by now, and reached for the pen to sign her (fake) name and (definitely fake) address. It wasn't like the other teen would know until later anyway, even if she was threatening disqualification.

"Never been much of a dancer, so I had to think about it a little, you know? Please don't be too hard on me if I don't do so well!" Faithe nodded along to Chiara's instructions and then shuffled over to the ring to face the dummy. Well, here went nothing, she guessed! There was a moment of quiet and then the new song started and- Oh! Oh she knew this! She'd heard it so many times in New Hemisect! She nodded her head along, warm with nostalgia, and then realized Chiara was giving her a disapproving look from outside the ring.

Oh, right. She was supposed to be- She rushed the dummy, eager to act like she at least somewhat knew what she was doing, but instead of a well-placed attack, what followed was an absolute disaster. She tripped, slammed into the dummy, bounced off of the dummy, stumbled, and finally landed with a thud, facedown in the ring. For a moment she was too stunned to move. Then abruptly she was laughing, unable to help herself even as she rolled out of the ring.

"O-oh my god, that was terrible, I can't-" She cracked up one more time as she approached the table, then managed to get it under control as she accepted her consolation prizes: a 'Dancing for Dummies' pamphlet and a very unimpressed sticker. That was definitely going on her hat. "Maybe I just need a bit of practice, yeah?" Promising to return again the next night, she glanced back at the bobbleheads. One hundred beetles, huh? She'd have enough for one by next time.

Reaching out, she tapped the head of the closest Zindel one and smiled. Yeah, she'd be back.

ImaginationsParadise rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 3, 2 Total: 11 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:25 pm
Quote:
Troll Competing:/b] Eridia Tsifer[
Total Points: -1

Eridia was done playing crazy at Psykgi's booth, so she headed towards her best blueblooded buddy's booth. She remembered her friend spoke about her participating in dance battles and the highblood was giving it a chance. Now that Lovedad was doing other things, she was free-er of his stare and judgement. Once the music start playing though.... Eridia frowned. "What the hell is this?" She muttered as she "tried" dancing to it. Then before she knew it, there was a wild (squirrel)beast on the loose but managed to keep her cool. But when she landed on her rear.....

"Ok. I'm done here for now."

2: Oh no. Is this really playing?! Your least favorite song, if you could even call it "music" -1
4: A wild squirrel runs under your feet, you manage to make it look smooth. +1
3: You swing and miss entirely, somehow it looks decent 0

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
DraconicFeline rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 5, 3 Total: 15 (4-24)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:57 pm
Xionek Heronn
(Keionx Rutace)

Oh gog, she knew that one. That blueblood. The one adding suspect ingredients into the stew. The one possibly involved with her brother. Keionx tugged her face-masking scarf over her face and horns and went over. She had to make sure that this blueblood was not up to no good.

It was a dance booth. Keionx didn't know what she was expecting, but it wasn't that. Still... she had to be sure. "I'll try this." she said, shifting her voice downwards in pitch to match the persona she had invented. Xionek Heronn was more masculine than Keionx was. Xionek was a troll of few words. This was best, as Keionx had trouble with the low pitched voice. But it was needed here - this troll knew her, and knew her brother. This was a huge risk.

She bowed solemnly, and stepped onto the stage...

Her expression twisted into one of disbelief, hidden by her scarf. Was this... music? This could not be music. This sounded like wild animals, not music. She listened, stunned, for a moment, and then decided to roll with it. That was what heros did, and both Keionx and Xionek were heroes. So, she began to dance. A dance indeed - she swayed with the ragged rhythm of the meows, moving her arms up and down before stepping to the side and turning. She twisted her arms into a pose, and - at a particularly raucous series of yowls (a fight, clearly) - she began to step, like a stork to the stage.

She took a moment to gyrate - not a move she was particularly fond of, but somehow, it suited the sounds of the baby meowbeasts that joined their elders in 'song'.

And then, with a sudden flourish of her cloak, she turned, striking the training dummy with a sharp pop of impact, and the creak of it's wooden skeleton. She smiled at her attack before wrapping herself up in her cloak with a graceful spin... and bowing.

The bow didn't go so well, but it was still not bad. She unwrapped herself from her cloak - not bad at all. "I will return." She said, deep and muffled, to the blueblood. Her fierce eyes studied Chiara, "You can count on it." and with that, she turned and walked away.

Quote:
Troll Competing: Xionek Heronn
Total Points: 2 points

seekingCylem rolled 6 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3 Total: 14 (6-24)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:33 pm
I PLAY TO WIN
s**t NO I DON'T I ROLL THE REVERSE AMOUNT OF DICE.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
seekingCylem rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 2, 5 Total: 15 (4-24)

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Rather than stumble upon it coincidentally, Sascha actively followed the signage to this booth. Dancing and battling/i]. Two of Sascha's great loves. Not that he'd done much of either, but damn if he didn't enjoy watching it on TV. He wanted to do this. He wanted to be good at this. He practically stormed up to the booth.

"Wait, Chiara?" Sascha's eyes widened at the familiar blueblood. Running a booth at Bloodfest was totally a Chiara thing, but somehow he didn't peg her a fan of dance. Sascha mentally shrugged.

"Nice as it is to see you, I'm obviously not here just to chat... Do you actually need me to write down my information?" Sascha scribbled his name down anyway. He assumed Chiara more than likely had a file on him stashed away somewhere. His contact information didn't need to be legible.

Sascha practically leaped into the arena. Stage? Arenage? He barely had time to shake the nerves out of his arms before the music kicked up.

"Oh HELL yeah!"

Sascha and all of his unfortunate neighbors were no stranger to these rocking tunes. He kicked off with a starting maneuver that may have just been a victorious reaction to hearing one of his favorite songs.

His strong start may have made Sascha a little overzealous. In an attempt to keep up with his own foot placement he ended up stumbling right into the dummy he was supposed to be attacking/impressing with his smooth moves. Sascha kicked back from the dummy with more force than one would consider graceful.

The determination to not make anymore mistakes only fueled Sascha's recovery. Before long he was dancing a circle around the dummy while successfully landing kicks and punches in time with the music. It may have been a predictable set of movements in an actual fight, but dammit, Sascha was being artsy. He managed a solid finishing move where he stopped on one knee, arms splayed out, and breathing heavily.

He shot Chiara a pointed look and smirked.

Quote:
Troll Competing: Sascha Diasis
Total Points: +2 +0 -1 +1 = +2

Lavender Hues rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 4, 5 Total: 17 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:20 pm
Quote:
Troll Competing: Rastin Morden
Total Points: +2 0 +1 +1 = 4

Rastin was probably the last troll you thought would be interested in dancing, or rather, that could dance at all. Between his dirty bare feet and gigantic oversized cloak, you would think he'd be better suited for something less active. Truth be told, he'd agree with you. Vehemently. However, as fate was often cruel to a devote introvert such as himself, going outside of his comfort zone happened rather frequently and against every bit of will he had.

"Pushing me won't get you anywhere, stop!" He shouted, turning to look the older troll in the eye. The nerve of this idiot! No manners, no patience, just shoving and grunting. He wondered what sort of lusus raised this over-sized child to be so damn rude...

He turned his gaze away as the other appeared to turn, before he was swiftly shoved toward Chiara's booth. The purpleblood let out a growl and scrambled to his feet, only to be distracted by Chiara's clipboard. What was this? His shoulders tensed. Something to sign? He gave the booth a once over and quickly scribbled his information onto the clipboard.

Little did he know, this simple act would cause him great embarrassment.

"WHAT? I... THERE'S BEEN SOME MISTAKE!" He cried, once he found himself in the ring with the dummy. "I don't know the first thing about dancing and I'm unprepared! Can't you just tear up my form and forget about thi-?"

Before he could finish his sentence, the music had started playing, and he had no choice but to try. It was one of his favorite songs, all he had to do was focus and find some way to do this without making an utter fool of himself. He took a breath and shuffled forward.

So he was out of step and way off beat, what were they going to do about it? He tensed up as he neared the training dummy and swung a punch at it right on the beat before bouncing back again. Okay, that felt pretty damn good, he could do that again, right?

He pulled his cloak away from his feet and did a quick spinning move, before doing a sequence of smaller moves and bowing to the crowd. He hoped that would be good enough for doing something he hadn't intended to do in the first place. There was very little chance that he'd be trying this again in the future.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Chiara tried hard to keep a professional face as contestants came to her booth. "Practice is exactly what you need, cutie." Chiara told a brownblood she had never seen before. "Come back tomorrow okay?" the blueblood said with a wink.

When Eridia fell during her dance it was almost impossible to keep from giggling. Chiara watched her besty do her best, hiding her giggles with a hand. When Eridia left in a huff Chiara frowned. She hoped her friend would come back... Maybe the blueblood would visit her friends booth, make a fool of herself, just to even it out. Or maybe this picture Chiara caught of Eridia adorably falling on her behind would find a good home. Who knew?

Chiara squinted as another contestant came up. Her stupid hair looked familiar... and not in a good way. The blueblood grinned maliciously as the worst song on her CD played for the troll. "Yes" she responded as the troll left. "Please do come back." She would have to think up a way to publicly humiliate this troll tomorrow.

Chiara was minding her own business when who should come up but Sascha! "Awww" The blueblood cooed, her grin as predatory as ever."You came to see me didn't you? Come see me again tomorrow, yeah?"

Chiara's eyes rose as a last minute entry showed up. The little purpleblood actually did fairly well. Chiara bestowed his participation ribbon with pride, and threw a chestnut his way. Why oh why had Lutrin made her hand out these things?

KitsuneAura

ImaginationsParadise
A Ticket for YOU

DraconicFeline
A Ticket for You!

seekingCylem

Lavender Hues
A Ticket for You!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

quite uneventful rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 2, 2 Total: 12 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:58 am
Quote:
Troll Competing:
Total Points:2, 6, 2, 2 = -1
6: It's like you were hatched for the spotlight. Dazzling display. +2
2: You hit the training dummy and get knocked back. Oof. -1

Zindel had been notified about Chiara's booth from the many times she'd told him about it as Bloodfest approached. However, Zindel only stopped by to make an appearance the day after, a little bit busy trying to get over the heat of the hot shots booth and burning his throat so bad he could barely speak until he managed to get some milk. Breathing still hurt after it, but it wasn't as intense as last time. Maybe too many complaints from the last Bloodfest? Zindel wasn't one to ask. Burying his hands in his jacket pockets, Zindel stopped by Chiara's booth, offering a smile to a nearby troll who seemed to have recognized him as the Sultry Star. While he may not have been in costume, it was still customary and the redblooded teen wouldn't disappoint if it meant more money could be earned. His face was fully healed by now, though his back scar would never go away, and his body held burn scars in places he could easily cover due to the cold. He looked good as new.

"Hey there, stranger." He murmured, deciding to join the shorter teen and lean against the side of the booth, watching some trolls try and fail, miserably. Things were a little strange between the two of them, with something like common ground found between the two of them along with a more playful attitude since Zindel's hiring to the crown. With a slight raise of his eyebrow, the redblood glanced to the prizes-- Wait, what. Was that-- "How? Actually, where did you even get this made? No wait, scratch that, I don't want to know." Zindel was perplexed by the proportions of both of them-- His was even a little taller than hers! Gog. Zindel tapped it lightly before deciding it was his time to play, if only just to show the other trolls how it was really done. "Hey, Chiara, I'm playing." He said lightly, walking over to the Dance Battle area and starting a routine.

He was so sure Chiara manipulated the music. She knew exactly which type of music he hated, and with a wrinkled nose in her direction, Zindel moved gracefully, sticking every movement. When it came to hitting the dummy, however, the teen smoothly attacked it-- Only to be shoved backwards. She knew how s**t he was at attacking, anyways. Twirling around to do a final pose, the teen ended up turning too fast and fell, unceremoniously, on his a**. He huffed. It was snowing lightly, and the floor was slightly slippery, was what Zindel would claim had happened. And either way, it wasn't an official Battle, after all! With a defeated huff, the teen walked back over toward Chiara and sat on the edge. "That was not official. And didn't count." He stated plainly, glancing away, face a tad flushed from embarrassment as well as the cold. "Also you probably rigged it." That was probably it.

Micillia
>:3c hello, huffy zin is huffy

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Green Minuet rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 2, 6 Total: 13 (4-24)

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:07 am
Quote:
Troll Competing: Lutrin Weesil
Total Points: 1 - 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 (200 words) = 1

Chiara's booth was... not what Lutrin had expected. She had expected sinister silhouettes, gruff-faced strangers, catty dames, guns and cigarettes; not a sleek dance arena with pulsing lights and bass so loud it made her pumpbiscuit shake. Poof! There went the idea that Chiara was some kind of secret agent. Lutrin felt a dip of disappointment. She had such high hopes.

Or... maybe Chiara was just a really good secret agent. The dance arena was the battlefield for criminal justice and the entrants were agents in training. That was an idea Lutrin could not resist.

“I wanna be an agent!” Lutrin exclaimed to the bewilderment of anyone nearby. Snatching a form, she quickly scratched down her name and hopped into the arena. As the beat began, she steeled herself. She needed to prove herself for all of Alternia. After ten or so long seconds of an intense staredown with the training dummy however, she realised she needed to put on a bit performance. Secret agents did not make it just for their cold glares.

Extending her fingers like they were pistols, Lutrin began to groove. First, she did the moonwalk, strutting in place. She raised both arms over her head, guns aiming for the stars. Her heel clapped against the floor. Suddenly, she whirled to face the training dummy, landing in a dramatic crouch. She cocked her weapons. “Bang, bang!” Finger guns fired and recoiled. The performance was so lifelike, one might of sworn they saw the flash of gunfire. Not lifelike enough to inflict any damage on the dummy however.

Heedless, Lutrin performed a somersault away from her clearly defeated opponent, and landed with her legs spread in a perfect split. She blew on the muzzle of either gun and winked at Chiara.  
LordPocky rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 2, 5 Total: 14 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 am
Quote:
Troll Competing: Zariah Rutace Chleio Homeer
Total Points: MOTHAFUKKIN ZEERO

It was clumsy and awkward. Zariah wasn't the most graceful of trolls and being seen by someone such as Chiara made him all the more nervous. Would she think him okay? Did she hate his dacing? Ugh....he was almost sick to his stomache. The orangeblood cringed when attention was drawn to him, fulling shying away. Sure he didn't trip over his own lame nubs, but he certainly didn't show ANY sort of proficiancy. He flushed and bowed his head. He'd really wanted to impress the blueblood....but clearly dancing wasn't his forte. Maybe going back to telling of his exciting adventures was the way to go...

Zariah chanced a glance at the blueblood, hoisting his shirt around his cheeks as he tried to hide the shamed flush. They hadn't seen each other since she'd offered him the wreath....he couldn't stand to think that was the next time she would see him. Ugh...she didn't need to know that he had pressed the wreath.....just to preserve the flowers! Not like he had any sentimental aspirattions!!!

The rustblood blanched a moment, eyeing the hostess. Would she recognize him with a disguise? Would anyone else? Suddenly the nerves hit at full force.  

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

DraconicFeline rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 3, 3 Total: 14 (4-24)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:01 am
Aha! She was feeling great! Full of energy! Woohoo! She didn't know if the blueblood recognized her from before, but what did that matter? She was still going to show them and defeat them at their own game! There would be no evildoing on her watch, none at all!

”As promised, I return!” she said, almost too amped up to do her Xionek voice, ”Play me a beat, and I shall break it!” Perhaps she could have used better wording but she was trying to be, well, hip. And to not use her accent.

As she turned to the stage, she saw a troll she recognized. Very well. In fact, it was like looking in a mirror. Zariah?! Or his alias... Chleio. Either way, her brother was up there and... Oh gog, what was he doing? Was he dancing? That was definitely dancing.

Keionx held her hands together in a sweaty tangle, trying not to fidget too much and throw him off. She had to do something. She had to help him. So she did, in the only way that could come to mind at this point. The way she'd been doing for sweeps.

By stealing the spotlight.

She jumped on the stage. ”Hit it!” she said dramatically, striking a cloaked pose. She was fully expecting to hear shrieking catbeasts again, but instead, it was... an actually pretty good tune. She started to bob her head to it, rocking out as the song's intro started.

All right... All right... she could do this.

As the intro evolved, she moved on into a sort of square dance, clapping her gloved hands to the beat and, with a flourish, swishing her cape to the side. She knew better now than to wrap herself up in it – it was best to let it flow impressively, so that's what she did – let it flow.

She was getting into the beat, even doing a few leaps across the stage for good measure, when a squirrel darted past her, ran into her cloak, and nearly tripped her... but Keionx had better reflexes than that. She turned it's frantic momentum into her own, twisting around and posing in all her wrapped up, Xionek-disguised glory, powerful and charismatic.

She gave Chiara a side look – likely the squirrel was her doing, an attempt to throw her off. Well! That villainy would not work on a honed hero such as herself! Chiara would just have to try harder.

She locked gazes with the blueblood and, with a sudden flourish, she turned to attack the dummy – once, twice... both a miss. She moved smoothly into the next move, as if she hadn't missed at all. The key, she knew, was making sure that the audience thought it was a part of the plan. If she looked good, she looked good. It was all right that she had missed, she told herself. She couldn't win them all. The best thing to do was to keep going.

To keep...

Going...

Damn that coffee. She was crashing from the coffee's rush. She could feel it in her bones, in her every muscle. It was awful. She knew she needed a break to recover, but she couldn't do that until the end of the song.

So she kept going and, as a finale, did a quick bow before stepping down. She hoped that Zariah had taken the opportunity to recover from... whatever had happened.

Quote:
Troll Competing: Xionek Heronn (Keionx Rutace)
Total Points:
A well paced song with a danceable beat +1
A wild squirrel runs under your feat, and you manage to make it look smooth +1
A swing and miss... decent +0
Tired... +0
500+ words +1

Total score: +3

Quote:
Nightly Grind Status Effect: HYPER

lordpocky

micillia

Unaru rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 1, 4 Total: 12 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:33 pm
Quote:
Troll Competing: Opimus Fellah
Total Points: 0

Dancing was not something Fellah had any sort of confidence in, at all. However, trying new things never hurt anyone, well except in this case.
Getting a recognizable song should be helpful, right? Unfortunately the redblood was a bit off beat, and when it came time to attack he smacked right into the dumby, giving himself a bloody nose. His finisher was...alright, but everything considered, it was mostly a train wreck.  

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

KitsuneAura rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 1, 5 Total: 15 (4-24)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:19 pm
Quote:
Troll Competing: Faithe Keeper (Etsali Azeban)
Total Points: 1 (Progress!)

As promised, Etsali had returned to the dance battling booth. Tonight she had more than enough beetles for the little bobblehead that had caught her eye, easy pickings from the crowd the night before, and she'd half worked out just how she was going to ask the blueblood about it. There had to be a way to find out how Zin was doing without acting like she actually knew him, and she was determined to find it.

Except, as it turned out, there was no need to subtly interrogate the booth owner. A head full of plans and phrases went immediately blank at the sight of the redblood leaning against the table alongside the teen from the night before. She hadn't expected him to just be here, that was just so easy, and now that he was she didn't know what to do. Hesitantly, she kept moving forward, trying to sort through it as she went. She had to say something, she needed to- To act natural.

Faithe turned her attention fully to Chiara, smile a bit nervous as she said hello and motioned towards the ring. "Is now a good time for me to get that practice, Miss? I hope I can do a bit better tonight!" Once she had the okay, she moved towards the ring without a second glance at the redblood and slipped inside. Easier to force herself to relax a little as the music started, head bobbing along to the beat. A good song, easy enough to dance to.

She had some fun with it, twirling happily, and then, unfortunately, slipped again. The smash into the training dummy was just as painful as expected, and she was pretty sure she tasted blood as she tried to turn her retreating stumble into a convincing finishing pose. Oof, well it was over anyway. Now the hard part. She pressed the end of her sleeve to the side of her mouth, where evidently a fang had caught her lip in the impact, and dabbed away the bit of blood as she made her way back to the table.

"Well, that was...slightly less unfortunate than last time, right?" Laughing a little, she collected her winnings, a 'you tried' ribbon and a chestnut that she had a feeling she knew exactly what to do with. And then, deliberately, she fished out the beetles she'd collected and placed them on the table before reaching for the nearest Zindel bobblehead. "One of these too please! They're just too cute." She breathed in, mentally steadied herself.

And looked up at Zindel, smile warming. "This one's you, right?" She fluttered her eyelashes, leaning in just slightly, because she wanted him to really look at her and, okay, maybe it was just too hard not to mess with him a little in the process. "Should I ask for an autograph to keep?"

quite uneventful

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces