Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:05 pm
Saint Sergio

Tera looked out over the ocean, watching as the water came rolling in, before he gave a bit of a sighing sound. It was a rather beautiful sight, wasn't it? He'd come here from his teacher's place, having woken up there instead of at home. An odd turn of events given the fact that he'd fallen asleep at home... he didn't question it though, it wasn't as though it was his black out. It was just the first time that he'd come to in a whole different place. Somehow he tended to wake up in the same place he'd started out having just lost time... but it was quite different from usual and not in a good way. He didn't want to think about it though, instead wanting to enjoy the ocean.

"A nice swim will help me to feel better." He murmured to himself, working on gathering his hair into a bunch, braiding it back. He had been wanting to get back here, to play in the water, to gather more shells, and to otherwise enjoy himself. Anything to keep from thinking on the obvious a voice in the back of his head said, a voice that was ignored for the time being.

After checking on his pack, making sure that it was far from where the water could reach, he headed forward toward the water.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Onas was looking out at the ocean, perched on a giant rock. His sandals were off, feet in the water. The breeze was strong and blocking a lot of the sound besides the crashing ocean waves. Drawing one long, almost spindly leg up, he rested his chin on his knee and just grinned. Ocean waters were so pretty, having a calming effect on him.

Something in the water caught his attention and Onas turned his head to one side. Ah, it was another Matorian. He grinned a bit more and gathered his own hair up, pinning it in place with various little things from his bag.

Time to go swimming with a brother.

With his hair pinned back, Onas rushed forward into the water, sighing at the relief he felt on his skin. "Heeeey!" He called out, waving a hand. "Hey you! Hey! C'mere!"

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:21 am
Saint Sergio

Tera turned his head to the side as he heard a voice calling out to him, spotting another member of the Water Tribe nearby. Wow, he hadn't even noticed the guy... but then again he supposed that he was sort of deep in thought, wasn't he? Not a good sign as he really needed to learn to better protect himself in the future, especially given that one of those that normally protected him was getting married. A thought that didn't make him as sad as it had before though it did make him feel lonely.

Maybe saying hello to the guy with the dark blue hair would be alright? It would give him someone to talk to after all. He could be a weirdo though the voice in the back of his head helpfully suggested, something that Tera ignored. He didn't seem weird, just friendly. He seemed to be here alone as well so maybe he was feeling lonely too? After a moment of standing there, debating silently with himself he turned toward the bluenette, lifting a hand so that he could offer a wave in return.

It should be fine, it was just him going to say hello after all and if push came to shove he had his magic. Even if he refused to learn combat magic the voice so helpfully reminded him, yet another thing that he ignored though, opting instead to hope for the best when it came to the Water Tribesman before him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:34 am
Okay. The other didn't say anything back, Onas squinted and stopped in his steps before starting to walk toward him again. Well, he didn't say back off or anything so he figured it was okay to approach. "Hey, guy? Hey! Uhhh. You okay there, buddy?"

Onas continued to step forward and toward the other, smiling at the resistance on his legs. Heh, training could be done this way. "Did I scare you? You looked a bit startled...." A hand came to his face and pushed back a stray bit of hair out of his face. Finally he was in distance he didn't have to shout at the other and then stopped, hands on his hips. "So. Are you okay?"

He had no voices in his head, but he did have an honest expression on his face. His eyes were crystal clear, brows knitted a little.

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:43 am
Saint Sergio

See, weirdo. The voice was still ignored though Tera did have to wonder as the other guy came over to him, asking if was alright, if he was scared, or if he were startled. He wasn't sure that he was any of those per say so he answered, "Yes, I'm alright, thank you." He said, giving him a smile, "Just a little in my own head, so I didn't realize you were here until you called out." That should be a sufficient answer, right? He sure hoped so because he did want this guy thinking him strange because he hadn't answered fast enough.

After what felt like an awkward eternity, with the guy had closed the distance between the two of them, once more asking if Tera was okay and he gave a nod, "I'm okay, thank you for asking."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:06 pm
So he did startle the other.

Onas rubbed at his neck slowly and then let out a little laugh. "Sorry about startling you, then. I thought you'd have known. My apologies. So. I'm Onas." He stuck a hand out for the other, the other on his hip which was cocked to one side. "Taking a break from wandering to play in the water. It's a fine day for it, don't you think?"

Maybe he could make a friend today. That'd be a good change of pace, honestly.

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:33 pm
Saint Sergio

Tera gave the hand a glance before reaching out to take it in his, giving it a shake as he said, "It's nice to meet you, Onas, my name is Tera." He introduced himself before he released the other man's hand. It should be alright he thought to himself, the guy's smile was a nice one, meaning that he probably wasn't up to anything, right? A thought that only got a huff from the voice in the back of his head.

"Wandering, huh? To anywhere in particular or is it just arbitrary wandering?" He was always curious when others talked about their wanderings since he didn't really go all that far himself since he'd come back to Baun some time ago. His mother didn't want him to even leave the house so sneaking out to a place like the ocean felt like an adventure in and of itself. Smiling as the other mentioned it being a nice day for playing in the water he said, "I agree, the weather does seem perfect for it today."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:03 pm
When his hand was shook, Onas was quite happy. He put both hands on his hips as they continued to talk and then snorted a little more. "Just general wandering. Trying to find my call in life, you know?" He looked over at the other before shifting to get on his knees in the water, letting the ocean come up to his chin and then blew bubbles in it like a child wood. The sun was hot and the water was cold, so it was a very obvious choice what to do here.

Honestly Onas was waiting for Tera to do the same. "Tera. That's an interesting name." His head tilted to one side before finally saying screw it and submerged himself, hair be damned. When he surfaced, he tried to spray Tera with water from his mouth before snickering.

"So what were you thinking about?"

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:31 pm
Saint Sergio

"Ohhhh..." Tera gave a nod of his head, a thoughtful look on his face. That was a rather grown up way of looking at things, wasn't it? To say that he was 'looking for his call in life'. It could be a difficult thing to do, even Tera wasn't sure where it was that he was going himself though he was sure with time he'd figure it out. He just had to learn to be more brave like this guy and actually do some real wandering instead of just wandering around the same town.

"Huh? Is it? Thank you." He said, flushing a little bit. He wasn't sure if his name was really that interesting but that could just be because it was his name and he was used to it? Onas seemed like a more interesting name to him after all.

Tilting his head to one side he asked, "Huh? Oh, nothing much, just that your name sounds more interesting to me then mine... but it's probaly because I am used to my own name and your name is new though, huh?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:47 pm
"Yeah. Just... I'm not sure what path I want to take. It's a big decision, but.." he shrugged a little and took a deep breath before a hand went through his hair. Slowly he undid his hair and let it down around him, he even undid the little braids. Which, if his hair wasn't actually wet, would be wavy and silky looking. But as it was, it was stuck to his neck and face and he tipped his head back again.

"What are you? I mean, what path did you take?" He looked Onas looked Tera over, trying to figure it out before the other answered him.

"My name sounds more interesting? I think Tera's a pretty interesting name. Onas is..." He trailed off and waggled his hand, showing it was so-so.

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:38 pm
Saint Sergio

Tera gave a nod of his head, "It can be difficult to choose, I was a little torn myself, and almost ended up on the wrong path." He said, giving a bit of a laugh at the thought. It was alright now but back then he'd nearly had a panic attack when he thought he was going to end up taking the wrong path. He was able to get back on the right path at least, "From time to time I still wonder what it might have been like had I taken that path, but I am happy with what I am learning from my teacher."

"Hrm? Oh! I'm learning magic, mostly healing magic but I can use a few elements as well. Not all of them though, some still escape me, but I'm alright with others." It was one of those things that he still didn't quite understand, why he couldn't understand or use certain elements while others came to him easily. He glanced for a moment at his pack which was too far away at the moment before looking back again, "I mostly use magic out of the tomes my teacher lent me. I'm seen others with various other forms of magical weapons though, which is neat."

Giving a laugh as he mentioned his name apparently only being so-so Tera said, "I still like it." A comment that had the voice in his head sighing in a manner that made Tera almost picture the voice rolling its eyes along with the sigh. He chose to ignore it though since he was having fun talking to Onas.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:27 pm
Ah a magic user. Onas leaned in closer to Tera as he talked and just gave a little nod. Interesting. A smile appeared on his lips a bit more, wider this time and nodded. So he almost went down a different path? "What... path did you almost go down, if that's alright to ask?"

The other Matori slowly stood up and squeezed his hair out. "How did you figure it out? The fact you almost went down the wrong one? Was... It just a feeling?" This one was really curious about how others figured out what they should be. He was having a hard time with his own, but maybe, just maybe... Maybe Tera could help him. Onas's head canted to the side as he waited and then smiled a little more.

Okay, Tera was really .....adorable in a way.

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:41 pm
Saint Sergio

Tera nodded his head as he looked down at his hands for a moment, "I almost took up a sword. One of those big ones that take two hands to wield." It was one way to protect himself and others, but it didn't come with the healing ability so he'd decided against it in the long run. A bit of a waste of a good sword according to that voice, but he was fine with the path he chose. It was just a shame that the one he'd wanted to dedicate his powers to was out of his reach now. As if that idiot deserved Tera's loyalty... one of those thoughts that made him lift a hand to rub his temples for a moment to ward it off.

Turning to look over at Onas he seemed to consider the question, trying to figure out the right way to answer without sounding as crazy as he knew he was. After a moment he said, "I... well, it's almost like what you said. I woke up one day with a sword in hand and realized it just wasn't for me. I could protect people, sure, but to be able to offer aid, healing, that was closer to what I wanted to do." That was fairly close to the truth while leaving out the parts that might get him weird looks.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 pm
Almost ended up with a sword. An interesting story for sure, had to be behind that. What made him want a sword? Why did he feel the pull to it at first. Onas was insanely curious but that was probably not a talk for someone you literally just met. Even as Onas continued to fiddle, he listened. He played in the water, listening to Tera talk and then nodded.

So he realized it before it was too late. What happened if someone picked one path and wanted another? Could they change? They probably could. He didn't see why anyone or anything would want you to be unhappy with a life choice. Still. He made a face and then nodded a little.

"So you just felt it, that the swordsman way wasn't for you. That's actually really interesting..." He blew bubbles in the water and hummed a little more. "I've always felt... like I would end up with something like a sword, or a spear. I like watching people use them. I like watching them practice. I can see myself with something along the lines years from now and living that way. But.. In the same breath I can't because I just...." He was indecisive right now. "It's odd, isn't it? I feel like now is the time to decide and I'm standing on the cusp but I can't ..take that step."

Orpheus Solon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:27 pm
Saint Sergio

Tera nodded his head, "Yeah, I felt that I could do more with the power of healing then I could with a sword in the end." He said, giving a smile. He took a couple steps into the water before sitting down in it, giving a little jump as he did so. It was quite cold, but enjoyably so given that it was still pretty hot out today.

Turning to look over at Onas, giving him a smile, "A sword or spear? Both of those are good options and you can use them to protect yourself and others if that is what you want to do." He wasn't sure what others thought about when they were choosing their path but for Tera it had been thinking about one of his friends and his desire to look after him. Giving a smile Tera said, "From what I saw at least swords are a bit heavy so I am guessing that it will take a lot of stamina to wield. Woth it though if you put in the time I bet." As though he would know that, he hadn't really used the sword himself he was told in a huffing tone of voice.

"Well, it's an important choice so you shouldn't feel bad about taking time to choose what path you want to go down." He said in a reassuring manner.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff