Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Theo's Apartment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:58 pm
User Image

This apartment belongs to Robin Theo Gibbs. An apartment located in the Holloway city district within the London Borough of Islington. Cannot be reached by apparation or floo network due to the high concentration of muggle inhabitants.

This apartment is: one floor, has two bedrooms, one bathroom, one office/den space, one kitchen. Also sports a reserved garage space for Theo's car.

Theos Room
Guest Room
Kitchen
Bathroom
Office area  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:04 pm
Who, Where, What

Theo ~ Home/Away
Is currently at home  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:02 pm
If you must know...

• The apartment is only a few minutes drive from Emirates Stadium, where Theo's favorite football team Arsenal play their home games.

• The car in Theo's garage is a Lexus LC500. It was a present, paid for by both himself and his parents.

•As aforementioned, cannot be reached via apparation and is not connected to the flu network.

•A state of the art alarm system installed by Patrice Lescott.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo ran the vacuum over the soft carpet as he awaited his visitor...Leo, to arrive at his home. He wasn't exactly sure why he was vacuuming however, because the house was darn near spotless at the moment. Nonetheless, he wanted it to look good for his friend since that day marked the first time she stepped foot in his newest home. The fact was surprising because he actually moved into the large apartment long before, but he never got the chance...or the time to invite her over. She was even the first person that he had told about it his moving into it, choosing to keep the fact away from anyone else. He'd believed at the time that it maybe was because he wanted to surprise some of his friends with it, but the truth was that he had not seen any of his school friends for the better part of a year. He exchanged 'hello's' , passing glances, and brief conversations, but that didn't mean he actually kept a long conversation with much of anyone. It was a shame really, but if he lost contact with people, he had no one to blame but himself. He knew he was the one that chose to be a tad isolated from the world. He had been slightly off ever since his new 'uncle' came into play. He had come to terms with it and even accepted his offer to play that uncle role in his life...but there was something about the man locking the information away from him for years, all hidden by a well worn facade, that made him a bit annoyed. It wasn't that Theo wanted to see his father, but just the opposite...he didn't want to...and he knew that man had to look similar to his biological father.

Fortunately enough, unlike many others, he never seemed to lose contact with Leo at all...and a few others. Why else would he invite her, a married woman, to his home. Some would question his intentions...especially her husband David, whom Theo had obviously never gotten along with. But Theo's intentions were as genuine as could be...and that was that Theo regarded Leo as a good friend that he sincerely wanted to keep in touch. She always saw the good in him back in his Hogwart's days and he would always feel a bit...in debt to her.

He ran the vacuum until he felt that it was sufficiently clean. With Leo coming, all electronics would need to go off. One wizard in the house sometimes allowed him to get away with having them on without too much trouble, but two...now that would certainly be an interesting spectacle. So, that's what he did. He kept the lights on however, hoping that they weren't going to go crazy. As he moved from electronic to electronic as if he was the circuit line itself, he carefully kept his ear out for the harmonic ring of the doorbell or the drum beat of a hand striking the door.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

murruelecreuset

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:11 pm
User Image

Proud Mother of Three xxxxxx

User Image

Since little Jessica’s birth, Leonette nor David had been on overdrive. With a newborn, a toddler, and a little girl they were pretty busy. This was when she was grateful they had their house elf Nori. She certainly proved how great she was with children these past few months. It was days like these however that she was glad that she had an unemployed sister to help out. Despite Mira being friends with Wendy, Leo still saw her as family. She wasn’t going to keep her from it. Instead she knew she could trust her Slytherin sister to help look after everyone. Nori did most of the work anyways but extra hands on deck never hurt.

Leonette knew that if anything earth shattering happened she had her cell phone. Even if it was a bit spotty at times, Mira was more than capable of calling it. Today she was visiting Theo after all. It had been a while since she saw anyone. Being on maternity leave it made social life difficult. However, the former Gryffindor was happy to hear that Theo invited her over to see his place. She’d seriously been waiting for the invitation since hearing about his plans to move out. Address in hand, Leonette made her way to his apartment before giving a knock at the door.

With: Theo

Wearing: Casual Plaid

OOC: So sorry for the late reply. Meant to get this up sooner but I had a prior commitment to finish first. sweatdrop

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:11 am

Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

Theo heard the knock on the door from afar, putting his vacuum almost immediately. Upon walking back into the Living Room, he he looked upon it to check for anything out of place. As he convinced himself that there was nothing wrong, he gave himself a nod of achievement. He had got it all clean within a few hours and it looked nice enough to have company over. He walked over to the door, turning the lock on the door sideways to unlock it. He opened the door to see Leo outside of his door. A smile formed on his face as he saw her, exceedingly happy to see her. "Hello Leo. It is nice to see you. Please come in," he said to her, waving her in.

"Do you want a small tour of this place or do you want to just walk around and see it yourself? I'm okay with either of course," he asked her, wondering what she wanted to do. This was the first time seeing his house. And Theo did believe it was a rather nice one...at least, the one of the nicest a person on his pay grade can afford after saving all of his money for five to six years. "I would like to ask how you've been though. I haven't seen you in some time other than our passerby greetings at the ministry. That partially being my own fault. Didn't have a whole hell of a lot of time to do much of anything." He looked at her, hoping she understood.

murruelecreuset

(OOC: It's fine. Sorry if I had originally double quoted you though...I had to edit some terrible spelling in my first post lol)  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:27 pm
User Image

User Image

Leonette smiled at Theo as he opened the door to greet her. “Hello Theo, it’s nice to see you too.” She said happily as she walked into his apartment. Sure looked like he got himself a nice place. That wasn’t to say that the Gryffindor alumni didn’t think her place was equally as nice. In fact she loved her home. Best present the Avery’s ever gave him in her opinion. “I wouldn’t mind the private tour.” She answered him brightly. After all what fun would it be if she didn’t get the exclusive tour from the owner himself? Besides it kept things interesting.

When Theo asked her about how she had been and then went on to say it was his fault they hadn’t really talked much, Leonette shook her head. “I believe I’m more at fault then you are.” She told him with a smile. “Actually I’ve been pretty busy. David and I had a baby girl last July. So I’ve been on maternity leave again.” She added happily. “What about you? Last I recall I set you up with Miss Snow, how’d that go?” Leonette asked before adding. “Please tell me you aren’t going to kill me for it.” It was a big risk setting those two up. However it was one she was willing to try.

OOC: - - -

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

He smiled brightly as she reciprocated the notion. And he also wasn't at all surprised that she preferred Theo himself giving a tour of his house rather than seeing it for herself. But, Theo himself preferred that they should catch up before he started the little tour of his house. He took a seat for a second while they did their hello's and how are you's. He learned that she had given birth to another little girl, which certainly wasn't too surprising to him. Her and David had started their family very early, at a mere eighteen to twenty years of age, something Theo never did understand. But, that being said, she seemed to be happy and that was all that mattered. He'd result to a little violence if he'd even got the faintest ideas that she was being mistreated.

"Well...congratulations to you. What did you and David decide on a name?" he asked curiously. He did remember that her other child was named Christopher, but she never told him the name of her other child, fully because he just was finding out about it. He obviously wouldn't put that against her though. Besides, despite her putting the blame on herself, he still maintained that he was the one at fault for not asking her to visit sooner.

He then got up and started the tour, figuring that he'd tell her about his date with Miss Snow while he was showing her the place. "No...I'm not going to kill you Leo. Actually, I had a rather fun time. She was much more...beautiful than I remember," he said truthfully, a boyish smile on his face. "I mean that in the least shallow way possible. Maybe..." He shrugged his shoulder as he pointed her to the first room of the house he was going to show her...the kitchen. And no, that was not for stereotypical reasons...just because it was closest to the living room.

"So this is the kitchen...the most under used room in the house. Mainly because I can not cook to save my life. But hey, I'm the best ramen and microwave dinner cook in this hemisphere..." he stated jokingly. Well...half jokingly...because he really was not a great cook and everything he cooked may have had a chance of burning down the house. While he was in the kitchen however, he did take the chance to retrieve a bottle of water from his refrigerator. "I believe this is a state of the art oven though...too bad it is definitely in the wrong hands." He pointed to the oven simultaneously and shook his head. He only used it for making pasta noodles almost ninety-nine percent of the time. After he gave her plenty of time to look around and answer any questions she had, he decided to move on to the next room. "Moving on."

He walked toward the next closest room in the house that wasn't the bathroom. The bathroom was plain and regular size. It really didn't need showing. So, he moved to the small office area. "So this is just the office where I do work at home. It is pretty small, but it gets the job done.". On the wall next to the window was a small bulletin board of all the non confidential targets that the hit wizards had on their most wanted list, as well as their pictures. He put it next to the window so it couldn't be seen through the blinds by any muggle eyes. "Like I said, it may be small, but at least I can store all my files and practically my whole line of work in here. I'm careful with locking everything up however. Also have a computer which is hard to use at times because of the whole being a wizard wrecks my connection thing."

"All of this stuff is non-confidential so it might have been shared with your department so if you want to take a look at some of it...it is fine," he said to her, waiting to see if she wanted to do anything. Once she was done, he gladly moved along...to his own room. He moved up a small set of steps, leading up to a small second floor which contained his room and the guest room. "So the guest room if you can see through the threshold there is pretty plain if you ask me. Doesn't exactly need to be shown. But you can take a look if you want." He told her, shrugging his shoulders.

"So...this, is my room," he said, opening the door to his room. "I personally like it. I've got this huge window here that gives a nice view. A nice 60 inch, plasma screen television. Even a mirror on the cupboards. I've actually never seen that before. Pretty good design if you ask me." The apartment/loft as a whole was something he loved so much. He paid for it himself after saving up all of his money during the first five or six years of being a hit wizard. It added up when he made as much as he did.

"So, that's the loft really. I love it here. I'm only a 5-10 minutes away from Emirates Stadium and can go see a football game anytime I please. The best part is that the neighbors are the best around here. One muggle family visited me the other day to welcome me. Never seen so many nice people," he said brightly. "What do you think?"

murruelecreuset

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 pm
User Image

User Image

Leonette took a seat next to Theo for the moment to allow them to catch up. She smiled brightly when he congratulated her on yet another bundle of joy. “Thank you. We named her after both our mums, Jessica Cara.” She told him happily. “It could have gone the other way but David felt it would feel to final to have her first name Cara. Course I hope I didn’t step on any of my sisters’ toes with taking our mum’s name.” She explained figuring neither sister would mind. Mira was nowhere near close to having kids, never mind having Timothy pop the question. As for Grace she’d heard rumor there was someone but she wasn’t sharing any details.

Relieved that Theo wasn’t going to kill her for the set-up, Leonette followed him on his tour. “Theo! Do you have to be such a guy?” She said giving him a whack in the shoulder at his comment on Sapphire’s looks. Yes, the Slytherin alumni had looks but there was such a thing as subtlety. Leonette couldn’t believe him, well she could. He was a guy all guys did it and if they told you otherwise they were only trying to fool you.

When he told her about the kitchen being completely underutilized, the Gryffindor alumni shook her head. “You’re one up on David. All he can do is sandwiches and salads.” She told him with a small chuckle. He never ventured into the kitchen unless he absolutely had too. On the bright side it made the room her domain which worked for her. Who needed a private room to oneself when they had a kitchen that filled that need? “As for the oven, yes it is. Shame you won’t be putting it to good use.” She commented. It seemed she was the best in the kitchen out of all her schoolmates she still spoke with. Though she imagined Tanya and Echo weren’t like David and Theo were.

Leonette then followed him to his office. Despite its size the room probably got the job done. She too occasionally brought her work home but it wasn’t too often. As far as she saw it the moment she walked through the front door of her and David’s townhouse, she was one hundred percent in mommy mode. “Yeah, I’m surprised our cell phones work at home.” She said remembering the day David talked her into one. They were great and you knew someone was where there was magic because you could never get a call through. “Very unlikely. I’m in the magical creature department, remember.” She reminded Theo. Her cousin was the one who was the auror.

Moving on to the bedrooms, Leonette poked her head into the guest bedroom. It reminded her of most of the bedrooms at her place. Heading over to Theo’s bedroom the brunette had to admit it was nice. “Nice room, love the view.” She told him. Those windows were spectacular. Even if you didn’t care for the view it was still great. “I got to say this is a pretty nice place. It’s spacious, has a great kitchen, an amazing view, and it’s got great location.” Leonette told him honestly. If she still needed a place she would have totally been all over it but she had her townhouse which she loved. It was more her. “You sure managed to score on this one.”

OOC: - - -

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

"Ah...Jessica...that truly is a nice name," he said, having remembered what he was told about the events with David's mother. It was a nice thing to preserve her memory and Theo respected the fact that they named their daughter after David's mother. "I doubt it...it isn't exactly a normal thing to name a child after your mother. At least, I haven't actually seen it, but I'm not exactly the leading expert on names origins to begin with. I don't even know where the name Robin came from. Speaking that I finally know my birth name...which is actually Aurien," Theo said to her, realizing at that moment that he had yet to tell her that he met his biological uncle...and she probably wouldn't believe who it was. "After the tour I'll tell you more about how I know that." He didn't want to keep her waiting, but it was touchy subject...one that he didn't exactly believe should be told while showing her around.

Upon talking about Sapphire's appearance, he felt a force hit into his shoulder, forcing the boy to give a hardy laugh and a thumbs up. "NO! ...yes," he said the second part with less emphasis as he chuckled further. "Come on...you know me. Someone can't change that much." He pressed further on with the tour, expecting more questions about his date with Sapphire.

As they made it to the kitchen...he couldn't help but feel achievement at surpassing David at something. He always had that rivalry with the boy and Leo knew that...but never seemed to pay any mind to it. As for the oven...he wasn't surprised to hear that his landlord had been right...it was state of the art. And Leo, with a bit of a disappointed tone, said it was shame that it wouldn't be put to good use. He shrugged his shoulder and moved on quickly to the next room. There wasn't much beyond the state of the art equipment, which was nice, but didn't prove to be the most exciting place in the house.

As they made it to the office, Leo seemed to sympathize with the whole electronics idea. Apparently David had convinced her to get a cellphone. Theo himself had one too surprisingly, to which upon her speaking about it, he flashed his own. "Had no idea you actually had one. That will make communicating easier!" he said to her, now not having a reason to completely go A-WOL on her again. "And it is more of like 'who to look out for' so I wasn't sure if your department would've gotten because it was distributed to many." He shrugged his shoulders as she awaited Leo to be finished in the room. It wasn't long at all fortunately and they both moved on.

And the last and without a doubt the best room in the house...his own room. And he wasn't surprised to hear the first thing she brought up and that was the view. The view from the bedroom was certainly what sold him on the apartment. He hadn't seen anything like it before then and it made him love it even more. Upon him asking what she thought of it, she had confirmed what he already thought of the place...and that was that it was pretty nice...and a steal. Theo nodded his head...agreeing with her evaluation fully. "Yeah, I was surprised and it really wasn't that expensive...I mean, it is pretty high in terms of apartments. But with all the amenities and space I'm getting for it, it has great value per dollar," he assured her. "So...now I can actually tell you how I know my name is Aurien. But let's go down to the living room to sit down."

He took a seat in the living room calmly and awaited Leo to take a seat. Once she had, he began his small story. "So I actually met my uncle awhile ago...like my blood uncle. And you'd never believe who it was. You remember Conri...the charms professor? Yeah, he's actually my biological uncle. Apparently he was afraid to divulge the information to me because of his own personal belief that I wouldn't accept him. I personally think it was a stupid decision on his part, but hey, I can't really judge," he said, retrieving the glass of water he had left in the kitchen. He then came back to finish his story. "He told me of how my mother Anwen died just after childbirth. My face was too much to bear for my father and he dropped me at the nearest orphanage, under the name Robin Theodore Gibbs. His parents were so ashamed that they disowned him even. And Conri didn't speak to the man until ten or so years later." Theo looked at Leo and shook his head. The story was all one big mess, but he's grown to believe that maybe his mother actually did care for him. He'd never forgive his father for what he'd done however. He also was able to forgive Conri, despite the man's poor timing on divulging the information. "Other than that, I learned I was born in Swansea, Wales and that my birth name is Aurien."

murruelecreuset

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash