[PRP Sauti] We've Got Rhythm [Faamy/Shadiya] [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:18 am
Faamy had taken up a semi-permanent spot at the local inn. Practically every evening, after her shift at the ranch, she would go up on stage to perform. Among the cheers and friendly heckling, she had found where she wanted to be the rest of her life.

Of course, she still had to watch out for her family. So, in Sauti she remained; performing at the inn for the various locals and merchants that came through. It wasn't much, but it was enough for the starry eyed minstrel-to-be. Everyone had to start somewhere. Besides, she'd often get a few tips after each song, making it a little more worthwhile.

She'd just finished another set, hopping off stage with a delighted flush on her cheeks.

"Oy, Faamy!" called out a teasing voice. "My sail scale can sing better 'en you!"

Faamy laughed and spun toward the familiar voice with a grin. "That there's a silly code name for yourself. Get up on stage an' prove it!" The heckling went back and forth a little before Faamy finally got to sit at the bar, ordering a simple fruit water for herself. No, it wasn't quite adoring fans with fancy drinks, but, it would do for the time being.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 pm
Cornetified

Since coming to Sauti, Shadiya had wanted to look for work. Now that she had trained under the Matorian dancer, the girl felt a bit better about performing for gold. Plus, it would be nice to treat Dexurn and herself to a good meal. Just the thought of what she could afford if she danced made the girl almost drool. Flushing, Shadiya shook her head. What type of lady would think about food with such hunger? "It's a good thing I'm not a lady then." The rogue chuckled to herself as she approached an inn.

Would this prove to be a good place? As usual Shadiya headed inside and went to the bar for a drink. She would spend a good hour here so that she could scope out the place before volunteering her services. After all she enjoyed dancing in environments that she felt safe and confident in. Sometimes taverns didn't always offer that...

Her skirts rustling around her ankles the girl crossed towards the bar before sitting next to a wind girl to order a drink. So far it seemed nice enough. Smiling faintly towards the stranger, Shadiya nodded her head before ordering her own spiced fruit drink.Alcohol was good on her nerves, something that had been rough lately as peaceful sleep continued to evade her.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:56 pm
Swinging her legs while sitting on the bar stool, she emptied most of her glass before looking around again. Her brow rose as she looked over the lovely woman now sitting next to her. She gave a small nod in return, cocking her head this way and that. Most Obans who came here were merchants... "You a dancer?" she asked excitedly without preamble, turning in her seat to face the gracefully clad woman more directly. "You look like you could be one. You should be if you're not."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:06 pm
Cornetified

Reaching out for her drink, Shadiya took a sip. "Me?" The girl raised an elegant eyebrow, "Is it that obvious?" She flushed lightly though her face lit up with a smile. That was a good sign, right? That someone thought she should be a dancer? Leaning closer to the wind girl, Shadiya whispered. "I am. Actually I was thinking of trying to see if this place would let me perform. Is it an okay area here? I'm trying to keep on the down low while making a modest sum here and there." Even while being away from Oba the girl couldn't help being cautious. She just wanted to live a nice, quiet, and sometimes maybe just a little bit exciting life. Nothing too dangerous~

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:14 pm
Faamy's face lit up with delight. "Just a little bit obvious," she said with a giggle. Lips pursing with interest, she leaned in when the other did, brow steadily rising. "Of course you can!" she replied joyfully, standing to lean onto the bar. to call loudly for attention "Buzz! Oy, Buzz!" ...Faamy wasn't quite familiar with the term 'on the down low.' When the bartender at the other end of the bar looked up, Faamy grinned and pointed. "I got your next act here! She's a dancer!"

While Buzz decided whether or not to accept the stranger's service, Faamy sat back down and faced the traveler again. "How are you dancin' improv? I could play for you if you want. 'less you have a travlin' band with you? Or are you a set step type?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:20 pm
Cornetified

Shadiya couldn't help, but laughing in turn. "Then you got me." She supposed it may have been her dress. Since leaving Oba the girl hadn't felt the need to completely wrap herself up in scarves and a cloak. Now she traveled freely with a short top and long cut skirts that hid the ribbons normally tied on her legs beneath. Flushing, Shadiya watched as the girl called over the bartender. So much for the subtle approach. Still, she couldn't help but to laugh at the girl's antics. This one definitely had energy!

"Improve?" Shadiya frowned thoughtfully, "Usually...I mean I normally play with a silent beat in mind." As the other offered music the Oban's own face lit up, "Oh? Really!?" Reaching out she grabbed the girl's hands, "I would love it if you played for me! I didn't realize you were a musician! What do you play?" Her gaze glittered with excitement, "Something fast or sad? I can do either~ Or something in between, I'm really good at narrative dancing as well~"

The thought of a traveling band made her almost giggle. Her only companion was Dex and she could only imagine how he would handle trying to play an instrument in public! But to meet someone who actually could play music for her? That was exciting! Her mentor's husband had on occasion played for them, but still she was happy for this nice surprise.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:02 pm
Truth be told, Faamy was expecting to be politely brushed off, or even laughed at. The acceptance was a pleasant surprise, and she grinned even brighter. "Yeah! I just got off from singing a little bit ago. I can play whatever you're feeling' like moving to!" She was squirming with excitement, and reached to pull the lute from off her back to show it off. The lady didn't even know if she was any good!

Well, she didn't know if the lady's dancing was any good, but on her looks alone, Faamy was sure the pretty miss would bring the crowd to its feet.

Getting a nod from the bartender, she gave the strings a couple plucks to make sure it was still tuned right. "Hmmm. How about we start out a little slower, and then wrap it up with spicy to wake up the crowd?" she offered with a wink.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 pm
Cornetified

"Sounds perfect!" Shadiya grinned. She always loved the chance to perform with music so this was definitely a blessing to her. Even a faint melody could be better than none~ Finishing her drink in one gulp, Shadiya twisted from her chair. "Alright then. I suppose no time is better than the present."

Glancing over towards the bartender she smiled, "I'll prove myself first. I'll take any tips and if you want I can be paid." It was a bold statement, but she was confident in her skills. If anything dancing was the one skill she had. The thought her laugh. At least she could enjoy the one way that she was useful~

"Sounds like a plan. I would need to warm up and a slow tune can allow just that." Stretching her arms above her head the girl smiled, "You ready?" Her body was jittery with energy. She had been waiting for this!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:34 pm
Hopping up from the chair, Faamy looked up with a grin at the woman's offer to the barman. "Oooh, I like this one," she cooed with a giggle. It was good to see a woman confident in herself!

"By the way, the name's Faamy," she giggled as she hopped onto the stage. Instantly, she got a couple playful boos from the audience. Laughing, she gave a little bow. "I know it breaks your hearts, but, alas, I am not doing a solo act again. Tonight, we have a special guest! A beautiful and mysterious dancer from afar, come to share her tale through movement." Stepping back to leave the stage free for the dancer to move freely, she started strumming lightly. The first tune was slow and flowing, more contemplative than sad, setting a good warm-up pace for her partner for the night.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:41 pm
Cornetified

Shadiya smiled. So far so good! She had picked a good place to meet a fun face like this. She was glad for the wind girl. Being here actually helped to ease the shadows that had been haunting her heart as of late. She definitely needed a good dance tonight.

"Faamy?" The Oban smiled, "I'm Shade. Nice to meet you." Before she would have been chastised for letting herself go on for so long without an introduction, but the girl had shrugged away all noble responsibilities. At this point she was used to going through place after place without a name to trace her back to Oba. A nameless dancer who could become rumored about as a traveling beauty~ She enjoyed the sound of that.

At the boos Shadiya had to raise a hand to cover her mouth and held back a laugh. At least Faamy handled it well. It seemed more in light fun than anything. At the introduction Shadiay raised an eyebrow. She didn't realize this one was a story teller as well. Still it was a good inspiration. To tell her tale? That was something she hadn't placed into dance before.

But with that she began. Slowly stretching her arms above her head Shadiya danced to the tune with long and languid movements that kept her close to the floor. Almost as if she were shackled and her limbs heavy to move...her body was tense, however, and prepared for the slightest change in music while her expression stayed contemplative and sober. And then her arms started to rise almost as if she were reaching for the skies, for her freedom...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm
Faamy smiled to herself. Shade was a perfect name for a mysterious beauty.

She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, but she was amazed at how her music and Shade's dance seemed to meld together as if pre-planned. She glanced around at the crowd quickly, pleased to see all eyes on the stage. Truly, Shade's dance with Faamy's music was an unusual treat for this inn.

Faamy kept a close eye on Shade, watching for the tiniest clues on when to change the music. Something told her... this might actually be the woman's story. She held herself back from taking charge of the tunes, quite interested to see where Shade's tale led them. The dancer's arms rose, and Faamy's touch to the strings lighten, making the music lighter and more airy, marking the freedom from smothering clutches...

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:57 pm
Cornetified

Ah, perfect. Shadiya's smile that came with the music change was from both her dance and the appreciation that she held for Faamy. She had worried if the girl would catch onto her clue, but she had done wonderfully. As the music lightened so did Shadiya's movements. She was happy and enjoying the moment as her body twisted across the stage...

Yet, hesitation lingered in her legs. Would something be behind her yet? Suddenly her smile broke as she glanced once then twice over her shoulder. Was there a shadow on the stage? It's hands reached out towards her and the girl found herself shrinking back before throwing her arms behind her. She almost was stopped, but her body suddenly thrashed forward as if finally breaking free.

This time her movements were more rushed as she twisted almost as if she were being tossed in the wind or running away...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:06 pm
Like most of the audience, Faamy was enchanted by the dance. There were no words being sung or read, but she felt like they didn't need a single syllable.

Her fingers stuttered over the strings, feeling the wings of freedom being plucked and snagged. It was hectic and frightening, the sounds sharp and intense. As Shade's dance turned, Faamy's tune kept the intensity and fear, but the sharpness of immediate danger made way for a descending scale of uncertainty.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:10 pm
Cornetified

Freedom was a scary thing. In fact, it was almost as if the dancer's body wasn't prepared for such an idea. Twisting, Shadiya made a playful lunge as if she hadn't realized that suddenly she could jump higher and move with such lighter movements than before. Pulling herself back up in one smooth movement, Shadiya winked towards Faamy.

It was a more playful air now as she started to enjoy the new path that she was on. Her dancing was a bit irregular, almost akin to a child learning about the world, but each movement took precision as she tested her muscles to their limit by bouncing around. Each almost fall she caught herself at the last moment before it seemed that she was more accustomed to the changes her life had brought.

So much freer than before and slowly but surely becoming more mature and graceful...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:23 pm
A couple bold strums followed after the lunge, and her music slowed again. She tried to get the feeling of wonder through this section. Light plucks that started out like a toddler learning to walk. As Shade's dance grew with confidence and experience, so did Faamy's tune, steadily adding more notes and picking up the pace. She couldn't wait to see where the dance led next.

Sabra Knight

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces