Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:57 pm
Who: Yves, Yuri, Oliver
Where: Yves' home!
When: Early evening
Weather: Nearing dusk; the day was warm and the night is coming in with a pleasant breeze.

As Yves bustled about his living room, setting pillows in their places and tossing toys into their bin, he began to hum. It had been only a few months since his Raevan had come home with him, but Yuri had wasted no time making himself comfortable in his own way. Which meant that stuffed animals would be destroyed and left strewn about the house, and Yves suddenly had a constant shadow in the form of a ridiculously buff Raevan-child.

He had to admit, it was new. He was used to Peanut and Bubs wreaking havoc on his things, but to have another human-like body in the house to care for was an entirely different experience. Yuri was floating behind him as he cleaned, watching him with fascination. He liked to follow Yves around. It was pretty cute.

"Tsk, Yuri, you sure do like to give these poor toys a thrashing," Yves muttered, holding up the remains of what had once been an adorable stuffed dog. Yuri floating up to it and took it in his own hands, giving it a once-over.

"Dog," he said, definitively. "I like this still. It's my good dog."

Yves couldn't help but laugh. Yuri's ears twitched back and he looked at Yves curiously, but Yves just shook his head and petted Yuri's head. "You are a good boy, Yuri," he said, fondly. Yuri smiled to himself and drifted to another side of the living room to help clean up.

"I was going to have a guest over today, remember?" Yves called, and Yuri looked over his shoulder, arms full of toys. "His name is Oliver. He is a nice man. Would you like to meet him?"

Yuri made a face - the kind he made when he was thinking, which never failed to make him look mad to those who didn't know better - and dumped the toys into the bin. "Sure," he responded, his skeletal wings clicking just slightly. They didn't move very well, but Yves could tell when Yuri was trying to use them. They didn't seem to serve any purpose other than looking creepy, it seemed.

Once the living room looked presentable, Yves shooed Yuri into the kitchen and put on an apron. Yuri did the same, even though the majority of the apron hung down to cover nothing but his ribbon. The Frei looked happily at Yves, pleased to match his guardian. "Are we going to cook?" he asked, face lighting up.

"I was thinking of baking something for him," Yves said sheepishly. "Wine and pastries, is that weird?" Yuri didn't know, so he just shrugged. Yves chuckled at him. "Alright, well, let's get started! You want to stir the ingredients again?"

While the two of them toiled away in the kitchen, Peanut the chihuahua/terrier mix had perched himself on top of the couch, in front of the window by the front door. Typically it was the cat's spot, but the two seemed to always be bullying each other out of their favorite spots. Peanut lay in the indentation his body had long ago created in the top of the couch, eyes half open, and lazily watched the road outside.

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:22 am
Yves' invitation had come as an unexpected relief to Oliver, who had been pretty much cooped up with his family for the past two months after his soul capture. He'd tried to get out on his own every now and then, but it wasn't long before the next phone call and errand had to be tended to and there just didn't seem to be enough time. Luckily, saying that he had prior arrangements bought him an entire day away from fussing and ferrying, even if it meant he couldn't exactly relax.

He pulled up to the house shortly before the expect time and took a moment to gather himself. Did his clothes still look somewhat ironed? Was his hair combed? He grimaced into the mirror. Well, hopefully Yves didn't mind him looking a little less than business casual.

"Oh hell, maybe I should've brought a bottle of wine." He sighed, pausing near the front door just to grumble at himself. It was a wonder that he thought to bring crackers with how brain dead he was...

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:40 am
Peanut, ever the alert guard dog, spotted Oliver long before Yves or Yuri even knew he was there. Leaping up onto his skinny little legs, the dog began to bark wildly at Oliver through the window, startling both Yves and Yuri and nearly causing an accident in the kitchen.

"Good heavens! Peanut!" Yves yelled, trying to get his dog's attention. Yuri was just watching the door with wide eyes, ears sticking straight up. Before Yves could get to the door, Yuri had beaten him and had already opened it to stare down at the newcomer.

"Who are you?" he asked, expression severe. Peanut was about to run out the front door, but was caught by Yves in both hands, much like the wayward football of a dog that he was. Yves stood up straight and muscled his way into the doorway, next to Yuri.

"Sorry!" he gasped, suddenly feeling short of breath. He held tightly onto Peanut, who growled at Oliver. His tail was also shaking, but Yves never really understood that dog to begin with. Gesturing out with one hand, Yves added, "Yuri, this is... Oliver! And Oliver, please, come in. Yuri, come on."

He stepped back and Yuri hesitated a moment, still staring down at Oliver with a suspicious stare. Finally, he floated back and stuck to Yves' side protectively.

"Go ahead and close the door behind you, if you would," Yves said, getting ready to let Peanut down. "I promise he won't bite. And Peanut is nice, too. Hah!" Yuri shot Yves a look. Yves laughed. "Sorry, Yuri. It was a joke. Sort of."

Yves swept an arm out and did a half turn. "Anyway, welcome! This is our home. And this... is Yuri!"

Yuri drew himself back up to his preferred floating height - which was impressively tall - and continued to watch Oliver's every movement. Yves patted Yuri's arm. "He is shy. You will have to be patient with him, oui?"

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:53 pm
Oliver gasped as the door came open and he found himself staring at a very grouchy looking Raevan. Was... Was this Yves' Raevan? His mouth hung open wide and tugged, slowly, into a grin. However, the sound of Peanut's growl made him snap to attention.

"No, no, it's quite alright!" He stammered, quickly shuffling inside and shutting the door behind him. "My dog would be the same way, even if only for a moment. She's rather lovey with new people."

He looked to Yuri as he was introduced and offered him a smile, though he wasn't sure if it would do much good. The blonde Raevan looked very wary of him, it was probably best to introduce himself calmly and carefully.

"Hello, Yuri! It's lovely to meet you." He greeted, shifting the bag of crackers to his opposite arm and looking to Yves. "I hope you don't mind that I brought these. These past two months have been quite a spin and I swore I thought to bring wine instead. I must've left it on the kitchen counter."

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:42 am
Still incredibly suspicious, Yuri watched Oliver's every movement like a hawk and hardly reacted when he introduced himself. Finally remembering that he must be polite, he muttered a quiet greeting and inched closer to Yves' side. A stranger? In his house? Needless to say, the Frei was not having it - not willingly.

Yves stifled back a laugh when Oliver presented his crackers. "You did not need to bring anything, so don't worry about it," Yves assured, waving a hand. "We have wine! We have plenty of wine." His expression turned serious. "Wine is kind of my thing."

True to his word, Yves' cabinets had many different kinds of wines, some of them aged quite impressively. He liked to have a friend over every now and then and pop one of the corks. Otherwise, they sat unused for the most part, waiting for the next night that their owner would wish to get intoxicated.

Yves turned and began to undo his apron, heading back into the kitchen. "I have some sweets in the oven, but they are not done yet, I'm afraid! Yuri helped me bake them." Yuri drew himself up and puffed his chest, looking proud. When he caught Oliver's gaze again he deflated just a bit, remembering that a stranger was in the house. From the kitchen Yves called, "Can I get you anything? A glass of wine, perhaps? What kind do you like?"

With Yves in the kitchen, that left Yuri and Oliver alone in the living room. Although the kitchen was directly on the opposite side of the living room - so not very far - Yuri still felt the distance and it made him float anxiously in place. Was he supposed to talk to this new person? Wasn't he here for Yves? What was he supposed to do?

After what felt like a lifetime of waiting, Yuri finally exhaled and looked at Oliver, his eyes less severe than before.

"You are a friend?" he asked, hesitating a bit just before the word friend. Peanut had settled down on the couch, but was also watching Oliver with his beady, dark eyes.

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:08 pm
Oliver chuckled. Oh, so wine was his thing, huh? That was a relief. At least he knew for future that he wouldn't need to worry.

"Yes, please! Anything red would be stellar!" He chirped, tugging at his collar. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a glass of wine. Usually he only drank it if he was going out to dinner with his brother, Sherwood, and that hadn't been for a least a few months now with their conflicting schedules getting in the way.

His brows furrowed and flexed as he thought, before he looked up again and realized that Yuri was still staring at him. It didn't exactly make him feel welcome. He straightened himself out and tried his best to smile.

"Yes. I met Yves a few months ago, before you were born." He replied, nodding. "He was very excited to meet you, Yuri, and so was I... What do you think of the world so far?"

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 pm
"Oui! Red it is!" Yves called back, anxiously flitting from one side of the kitchen to the other. He didn't have guests over very often, so he felt a bit of a small, nervous knot in his stomach. Would he bore him? How would Yuri react to having a stranger over? The wine glasses clinked gently together as he gathered them from the cabinet. He then searched for a good bottle of red wine.

In the living room, Yuri tried to imagine what things had been like before he was born. Had someone else been living with Yves? Or was Yves always alone until he had been born? He considered Oliver's question -- perhaps a bit too much -- and carefully answered, "I... I like it."

Feeling at a loss for words beyond that, Yuri's cheeks heated up a little and he rubbed his neck, suddenly nervous. He wasn't a huge talker, and he couldn't help but feel pressured while alone with Oliver. This man seemed nice enough, and Yves obviously trusted him, but Yuri didn't know how to entertain a guest yet. He looked into the kitchen for help.

Yves came out with two wine glasses in one hand and a bottle in the other. "Are you two getting along?" he asked, smiling from Yuri to Oliver. Yuri looked uncomfortable, but that was... unfortunately normal for Yuri, he had discovered. He held his hand out for Oliver to take one of the wine glasses.

"Yuri is so shy. But he is a very good boy. And Oliver is a good friend, oui, Yuri?" Yuri tucked in his chin and backed up a bit, allowing them space. After some hesitation, he shrugged.

"I... I don't know," he replied, truthfully, but he glanced at Oliver and added in a soft tone, "He, um... seems nice."

They had talked before Oliver had come over, and Yves had made sure Yuri was alright with the idea of company. Yuri had agreed to it, but he could tell that the frei was trying very hard for him. He set the bottle of wine down and gave Yuri a brisk rub on the back. Yuri smiled with the corner of his mouth.

Bouquet of Diamonds

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:23 pm
So Yuri liked the world so far? Oliver offered him a smile. That was good. He certainly had a lot of exploring to do. After all, there was more to the world than just Gaia!

"Ah, thank you!" He said, taking one of the glasses and then gently tapping it against Yves'. "Cheers to good health and a bright future!"

He took a quick sip, and a breath, before returning to the conversation.

"So... How's everything going?" He asked, glancing between Yves and Yuri. "What have you been up to? Anything exciting?"

Logue
I apologize for Oliver's lack of social skills ORZ

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:37 pm
A slow smile crept onto Yves' face as he observed Oliver; for once, he felt like he was the most social one in the room, although that didn't appear to be saying much. He was so used to faking it at work and being exhausted once he got home from the social exertion, alone. After taking a long drink of wine, Yves set his glass down, cheeks flushed already.

"Oui! Much excitement. Having a new addition to the household is crazy enough, no?" Yves leaned back against a side table, drumming his fingers on the tabletop while he watched the two of them. Yuri would take a bit to open up, but he could at least try to ease his guest into being a little more lively.

"Don't be shy!" he urged, gently nudging Oliver's drink toward him. "No need to get sauced, but nothing beats a nice glass of wine after a long day. I think it is good every now and then, anyway."

Yuri couldn't drink, but he had his stuffed animal and he figured that was good enough. Seeing the buff Raevan with a toy helped to soften his image and, in addition, make him less intimidating to look at. He fussed with his stuffed dog a bit more before finally putting it down on the couch. The timer for the oven was going off and he floated into the kitchen to take care of it.

"Do you need help?" Yves called, looking over his shoulder.

"No," Yuri called back, and set to grabbing oven mitts.

"He likes to do that kind of stuff," Yves told Oliver, smiling. "Sorry if, ah... if neither of us is the most exciting company. I think all three of us are a bit quiet."

Bouquet of Diamonds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:00 pm
Oliver nodded. He understood the craziness that a new addition could bring, even if his family really didn't count. Usually he was content to be home alone in the evening, grading papers and drinking tea, but he'd been feeling trapped as of late. It was hard to feel relaxed when you were juggling siblings and acting as the third parent to one of them. He gripped his wine glass and took a long swig. That one was for Thatcher.

"Certainly, though I've been looking forward to having one." He laughed, observing Yuri with his stuffed animal. Oh, bless his heart. He looked so cute with that toy. Oliver had to hold back from going mushy.

"I like your stuffed dog, Yuri!" He called as the Raevan floated to the kitchen, before turning back to Yves. "Oh, please don't worry about that! I've been through quite a bit of excitement lately and I'm happy just to relax like this."

He paused, taking another sip of wine, and then his eyes widened.

"I do have some exciting news though!" He exclaimed, setting his glass down on the table and leaning forward a tad. "I've been accepted as a official guardian at Lab 305 and I'm waiting for my Raevan to be born as we speak!"

Logue

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:26 pm
Yves had to stop himself from dropping his wine glass onto the clean carpet. From the kitchen, a loud noise was heard and Yuri poked his head around the corner shortly after, his eyes wide.

"What?" Yves sputtered, leaning back and blinking. He set the wine glass down - slowly - onto a side table and then brought both of his hands up, balled into fists. "You what? Really?!"

By this time, the excitement had drawn Yuri out of the kitchen. He floated toward them, his pale features set in an alarmed expression and his skeletal-printed hands clad in flowery oven mitts. He tilted his head at Yves and Oliver, looking from one to the other.

"Um?" he tried, his hands held up in front of himself like a surgeon preparing for work. When Yves whipped around to face him, he quickly and defensively replied, "I took them out of the oven."

"Oh, that isn't what I -- Yuri! My friend just told me that he was accepted to be a guardian!" Yves chirped, gesturing to the side toward Oliver as if he were some prized award. Yuri made a small 'o' with his mouth, his ears perking up.

Yves gave Oliver a quick and quiet clap, the corners of his mouth lifted in a pleased smile. "I am so happy for you, Oliver! What a small world... it seems that my friends are becoming guardians right and left! I must keep good company, eh?" He elbowed Yuri, who looked at him like he didn't get the joke. Because he didn't. He shrugged and Yves shook his head, grinning.

As if struck by a sudden and urgent thought, he stepped forward toward Oliver, looking up at him with raised eyebrows.

"What kind of fel essence? Soul?"

Bouquet of Diamonds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:39 pm
Oliver echoed Yves' motions and nodded furiously.

"Yes, really! It happened back in February!" He exclaimed, a bright grin stretched across his face. "It arrived in this big briefcase and I had to keep myself from screaming. I never thought they would choose me, honestly!"

He looked to Yuri as he checked in and simmered a bit. However, he still shook with a buzz of excitement as Yves continued to talk. Apparently there were more people in Yves' circle that had become guardians, too? Lab 305 really was like a family!

"Oh, really?" He gasped, laughing. "You must be a good luck charm, Yves!"

When Yves posed his question, he raised a hand to cup his chin.

"Well, their essence is called Heavy Feather." He explained, pursing his lips a bit as he thought. "The jar had three large feathers, but I'd need to have the description in front of me to give you the full idea. I believe the general idea was that the feathers were unnaturally heavy and continued to get heavier the longer you held them, even if their actual weight never changed. It should be interesting!"

He paused, his grin falling to a thoughtful smile, and clasped his hands.

"And their soul is a cheetah." He said. "... I had a bit of an experience with catching it, but everything seems to be alright now."

Logue
An "experience" = I DIDN'T MEAN TO WEHHH

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:32 pm
Pursing his lips as he listened, Yves' eyebrows shot up when he heard the words 'back in February'. He cocked his hip to the side sassily and pointed at Oliver.

"February?? And you are only now telling me about it?"

Yuri's ears shrank back when he heard his guardian's Oh No You Didn't tone. He quickly drifted back into the kitchen, not digging the vibe of the living room. The kitchen smelled better, anyway - something about the stuff in the bottles that his guardian had insisted on bringing out just smelled... bad.

Yves shook his head and crossed his arms, still giving Oliver an irritated look.

"I am so happy for you," he said, earnestly, although his face took a moment to return to a passive expression. "A cheetah! How exciting... So a cat and a dog, huh?" He looked over his shoulder at Yuri, who was busy trying to take the pastries off of the baking sheet and onto a decorative plate. "Well, Yuri would not appreciate being called a dog, but you get the idea."

He looked Oliver up and down, the corner of his mouth curling. "Are you so nervous? The waiting is the hardest part, oui? The wondering..."

A sudden thought struck Yves, and he gasped. "W-wait, in February?! And you already caught your soul? So.. so fast! Oliver!"

Bouquet of Diamonds
Yves is like OH NO YOU DI'INNNN'T and Yuri is like welp I'm not gettin' in the middle of that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:41 pm
Oliver had not expected such a sassy reaction from Yves and immediately clasped his hands nervously. Well, he had thought about calling back then, really, he had. But things were just so busy at home that pausing to call a friend or arrange a meet up was difficult to task. He wiggled and let out a sigh.

"I wanted to call, but I've had my family over ever since!" He exclaimed, shaking his head. "My older brother has pretty much moved in with me for the time being, and since he hasn't been home for this long in years, everyone is coming to visit him at my house. I've had to juggle so many schedules, not to mention doctor's visits for my brother. He never takes care of himself, the rat."

He smoothed a hand over his face as a wave of stress caught up with him and looked towards Yuri.

"Oh yeah! I didn't think of that!" He laughed, smiling and nodding. "I am nervous actually, and the waiting has been hard to keep off my mind, but I'm very excited to see what they'll be like.... Honestly, I'll be happy as long as they enjoy reading, because I'll be showing them a lot of good books once they're born."

Then he pursed his lips.

"I have, yes. But, it didn't go the way I wanted it to, really." He said, sheepishly. "... My brother, the one staying with me, lives and works on a wildlife reserve in South Africa. I went down to get him in February when he'd had another seizure and clearly hadn't been taking care of himself. However, when I got there, I was introduced to Qudamah the cheetah."

He leaned back, rolled his eyes, and put a hand on his forehead.

"My brother had been keeping Qudamah as a pet after he couldn't adapt to any of the programs offered at the reserve. He told me that he'd probably been bought as a cub and raised with dogs before being rescued, which was why he was so dog-like and friendly with humans." He paused, shaking his head again. "... I didn't really want to catch him. It actually wasn't a thought in my mind, but I brought the soul bottle with me on the trip just in case I encountered something that interested me. However... The daft cat thought the soul bottle was a ball and lead me on a wild goose chase through the house before he collapsed in a heap. I still think of it as a bit traumatizing. I can't imagine having my soul sucked right out of me while happily running along. ... I feel bad about it, really."

Logue
"I DIDN'T MEAN TO WAAAAH"

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:20 pm
Yves' hand flew to his chest in shock, eyes widening at Oliver's story. His face flushed a bit in shame once Oliver was done recalling the soul capture; it was obvious the poor man had been through quite enough already and didn't need to be scolded by a snoopy friend. He opened his mouth to stammer out an apology, but was cut off when Yuri came floating back into the room again, this time with some pastries on a plate.

"A cheetah?" he asked, and looked from Yves to Oliver curiously. "What's that?"

"Like a big cat." Yves nodded toward Bubs, who was asleep on the couch. "Like, ah... like a very, very big Bubs. But orange and with dark spots all over."

Yuri wrinkled his nose while he tried to imagine that. He offered the plate to Oliver first, remembering that guests were supposed to be given the first dibs, and helpfully told him, "These are good. Um, Yves says so, I can't have them. But they smell really good." The pastries were stacked on the plate in an assortment of different fillings - chocolate, cherry, apple, and custard. Yuri wanted to eat them, and the fact that he couldn't made him a little salty, but he gave Oliver a hopeful look as if to ask, Are you going to enjoy them for me?

"Thank you very much, Yuri," Yves smiled at the display and raised his brows at Oliver. "They really are very good. Yuri worked hard on them! So no pressure, ahaha."

Bouquet of Diamonds

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces