Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Davies' Manor House Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Davies Manor House

This manor house serves as the residence of Ceri Davies and Belinda Ingram-Davies, and the pat-time residence of Lionel Davies. The manor is located outside of Holyhead, Wales, within walking distance of the Irish Sea. The ferries leaving Holyhead port can often be viewed from the grounds.

The manor has six bedrooms, three bathrooms, a library, a large dining area and a decently large kitchen. The grounds contain a greenhouse, a walled garden and a fountain with a sitting area around it. It also contains a run down barn near the tree line. Being located a stone's throw from the town of Holyhead, it doesn't take long to travel to town by foot, but regardless, the manor house is connected to the floo network.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:55 pm
Out on the town? Working? School? Home?

Ceri Davies
[ Home - Traveling Abroad - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

Belinda Ingram-Davies
[ Home - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:05 pm
Layout of the House

First Floor

The First Floor plays host the the dining area, the kitchen, the library, a bathroom and Ceri's father's office (which remains locked). Access to the backyard, greenhouse and entryway are located on the first floor.

Second Floor

On the second floor are all of the bedrooms, as well as the other two bathrooms. The master bathroom is connected to the master bedroom, currently occupied by Belinda. It's located on the front of the back of the house, with a view of the trees and the Irish Sea. Most of the other bedrooms remain locked, as they are not in use. Ceri's bedroom is at the front of the house, with a view of the trees separating the property from the view of the town of Holyhead.

Backyard

In the backyard, there is a large greenhouse that is connected to the house. It was once used to grow many fruits, vegetables and flowers, but is currently used only to grow Belinda's roses. There is also a large walled in flower garden that has, in recent years, become a haven for weeds and grass. A large fountain stands outside the walled garden, but it hasn't been used for many years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:23 pm
User Image
                                                          And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                          A shame you seemed an honest man
                                                          And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Sixth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅵ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅵ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina was a bit surprised when she saw the barn owl at her window, waiting to be admitted, and for a moment was concerned Antigone might be sending her a plea for help. Instead, the letter was from her friend, Ceri, and as she read it she became intrigued by the possibilities. Immediately she penned a response for Ceri.

Letter

Dear Ceri,

My summer has been going quite well. I'll have to show you the photos I took at the local music festival. I just received the results of my OWLs as well, and we'll have plenty of oppourtunity to compare notes on that. I'd love to come visit you, and you've piqued my curiosity about this 'quest' of yours. I can pop in this evening, if you wish. Mother Grey is putting the final touches on a batch of preserves, including strawberry jam made from berries grown on the bushes in her garden, and she should have jars ready to go then.

See you soon,
                                                          Selina

Time Skip:

At the appointed time, Selina arrived in a puff of smoke and a flash of green light. As promised, she was carrying a basket, with several jars of strawberry and blackberry preserves, as well as loaves of brown bread to serve with it. She was dressed for the warm weather in a long floral print dress, a mid-thigh length white chain-kit cardigan, and a pair of strappy sandals.

"Hi, Ceri," she said with a smile, glad to have the chance to visit a friend, and curious about the potential of an adventure.

SummerIsles

════════════════════════
                                                          OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                                          User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                                          and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                          But you know that it means so much
                                                          And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

When Tintri arrived with Selina's return letter, Ceri smiled and started preparing. It didn't take much cleaning, since the house was usually kept clean. She had been waiting in the living room, reading a copy of Shakespeare's poetry when she heard the arrival of her guest. She set the book aside and stood up, then greeted her friend with a hug. "Hey Selina, glad you could make it." She smiled and turned slightly, taking in the large room for a moment. "Want a tour before we dive into the juicy intrigue?"

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:23 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Selina returned Ceri's hug with equal enthusiasm, and replied, "I'm glad of the chance to visit." Stepping away from the grate, she answered Ceri's offer of a tour with, "I don't see why not. Places like this have a character of their own, I've learned. The older the place the more character they seem to have."

Gesturing toward her basket, she added, "I brought the preserves I promised. When I told Mother Grey I was coming over, she insisted upon loading me up with some blackberry preserves as well, and some bread and crackers to go with them.There's also a crock of honey butter, courtesy of a neighbor of hers." Selina chuckled, and added, "As you can tell, she's been busy cooking since before I got back from school."

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri listened to her friend talk about her mother and her cooking habit, then smiled. She imagined that if her mother still alive, she'd probably be like Selina's. Nodding, she turned slightly and gestured around the room. "This is our living area. Belinda doesn't let me spend too much time here because she prefers this room, so when she's away, I stay in here. Over there's the kitchen. I'll take you there so we can drop off the basket." She led the way into a nicely sized kitchen. It looked unused for the most part, mainly because Belinda didn't cook. "This house is really old, but the kitchen is relatively new. And by new, I mean about fifteen years old. I think it was updated by my mum." She frowned slightly, before her normal smile returned and she led the way out. After a few more rooms, she led the way upstairs and stopped outside her door. "My room is pretty spartan compared to the lavish library downstairs," she said and opened the door. The walls were decorated with a light pink color and that was about it. Her bed had purple sheets and blanket on it, and there was a small desk. Her night table beside the bed had a small pile of books from the library downstairs on it. "So, like I said earlier, this house is really old. I know that my family is an old line, but that's about it. Belinda won't tell me anything, so that's why I asked you to come out. I think that my father is hiding something from me and I want to know what. I also want to know why. And I thought you'd know best how to figure out more about my family." She nodded, wondering if her friend would be interested in helping her dig more into her past.

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:52 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Following Ceri around as she conducted the tour, Selina peered about at the old manor with interest, as she tried to gain a sense of the place. She set the basket down on the counter when they passed through the kitchen, and she caught Ceri's expression change when she referenced her mother. Selina understood the pain of separation; her own parents had been gone for six or seven years now, and the grief knifed through her still.

When they ended up in Ceri's room, and her friend explained what her situation was, Selina started thinking. "The what is usually far easier to quantify than the why of something, many times motives make sense only to the ones directly involved. If your father is hiding something it maybe that only he understands why," she said quietly. "Sounds like an interesting project. What do you think your father is hiding?"

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:41 am

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri frowned at Selina's question, not because of the context, but rather the depth of the answer. There were a lot of things she thought her father was hiding. Of course, she could only learn so much. "I know that my father isn't an only child. Belinda mentioned my uncles at least once. If I could learn more about them, maybe find them, I could learn more from them about my father's whereabouts." It was a start. If she could locate her uncles, she may learn more about her father's motives and why he was gone from her life. "I thought about how we could look into my family. Probably somewhere in the Ministry would have records about my family."

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:31 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

"Interesting," was what Selina said in response to Ceri telling her how her family history was kept from her. It contrasted from how her family was; the Greys made sure to educate her in her family's history. "Well, we can go to the Ministry, though I'm not sure how much help they'll be. From what I learned about such things in Wizard Law, the Ministry records the births of every child with magical potential in the Isles. That's how Muggleborn children receive their letters from Hogwarts in the first place, its because the Ministry is aware of them from birth on, and knows to be ready in case they have some magical mishap. If your uncles are Wizards and they were born in the Isles, their births will have been recorded there, and there'll be records of them at the castle if they attended Hogwarts. We might get lucky and one of them works for the Ministry."

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:13 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

The red head nodded along to Selina, then chewed nervously on her lip. She really did want to find out more about her uncles, but now she was slightly nervous. What if they were mean? Or evil? Well, she need to know. "I think we should start with the Ministry birth records. My family are pure blood, so they should be there somewhere. I've swept my house looking for any traces and basically, most of the doors here are locked. I'm considering picking up lockpicking to try getting into them." She shrugged and gave a small smile. "Do you want to get a small snack and head over to the Ministry?"

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:08 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

"A pity then we're both a year too young to have the Trace removed," commented Selina with a wry chuckle, at the idea of 'picking up' skill in lockpicking. "A few castings of Alohamora might likely spare us the need for a road trip, but there's not much to be done for that, is there? It wouldn't reflect well on us if two Prefects were to be expelled from school for entirely avoidable legal indiscretions." The mention of a snack prompted her to answer, "I could do with a spot of tea before we delve into the Ministry files, I think. We could Floo to the Leaky Cauldron, if you like. From there, it's not far to go to get to Whitehall."

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:43 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri smirked at her friend's theory, but she figured that the doors might be magically protected. She was looking into non-magical ways to pick the lock. At the mention of the Leaky Caludron, Ceri shook shook her head. "I baked some nice tea cakes earlier and I could put some tea on. I've got a wide variety to choose from." She smiled. If there was one thing she liked about Belinda, it was that that woman was a tea connoisseur. Leading the way back into the kitchen, she opened the tea cabinet, revealing the tea selection. "See any that you'd like?" she asked with a smile.

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:17 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

It was likely as well they couldn't legally try to use spells to unlock the doors in the house, upon reflection, Selina considered it likely the master of the House would have used wards to keep them locked, and she wasn't so sure she wanted to try out her Cursebreaking skills on anything other than a practical exercise at school unless she had no other option. Selina's eyes brightened at the mention of fresh baked tea cakes. "Sounds perfect," she said, as they went from the bedroom down to the kitchen. As they checked out the tea cabinent, Selina said, "Orange pekoe, if you have any, Irish will work just fine otherwise." She chuckled, and added, "Reminds me of school a little bit. The House Elves got me to try coffee; it would seem some older students, at some point, convinced them to try making their own blends."

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:25 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri nodded when her friend selected the orange pekoe variety, removing a bag from the tin. Then she took a bag from the pomegranate oolong tin for herself. The red head scoffed when Selina mentioned coffee, turning to her an making a face in mock disgust. "Coffee is detestable. She had a Turkish blend that I stole a taste of. I regret it to this day," she said with a giggled. Ceri set the pot on the stove top to boil, then fetched some of the tea cakes she'd made. Setting a small plate out for Selina and one for herself, she settled the tea cakes on the plates, then smiled. "These are my own recipe. They're pretty tasty, if I do say so myself."

Graydon Ironshield

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items