Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:24 am
How did he ever think that returning would be simple?

What did he expect? To just walk through the gates of Sulburi and fall into Aseara's arms.

Honestly, he did.

Instead, Nuri was swept away into meeting after meeting with the generals, showcasing his knowledge and experience with the handful of new familiars he both trained and brought back for the army. He provided guidance and was taken into multiple training sessions to understand his new role.

Upon his return, he became a captain. His duties included training all of the recruits, along with meeting with the generals to assist with information he learned during his travels and his training. It was all tedious, and left him spending all of his waking moments in the camp away from his family, his friends, and Aseara.

The last time he had seen her, it was during the war performance. She had smuggled him in, making sure he was away from any location where Afsana might see him. It wasn't abnormal, considering the company, but he was taken off guard when she willingly moved to his side once it was said and done, all but announcing to the crowd she was favoring him above them all. Then, the real show began.

He felt fury, and helplessness, as he watched it all go down. What could he do when she saw Afsana threaten her, and how much he wished to be like Itotia and go to her defense. Yet, he knew she needed to do this on her own. If anything, she was independent, and he had to respect it even if he wished to step up and make sure that woman backed down. It was the pride, once it was all over and she was surrounded, that calmed him down. He knew he couldn't go to her tonight, but he had a feeling that things had shifted, and now they would be able to move toward that happy future they had whispered about so long ago.

Now, a little under a week since the transition of the RA, Nuri had gotten the time away from the meetings and his training to travel to the building. He hoped that she wasn't overwhelmed enough to not wish to see him, as he wanted to finally speak to her. To catch up in the year and a half absence, and to reassure that they were finally, finally, able to settle into something they worked so hard toward.

Moving into the entrance, he glanced around, waiting to take in just how much or little the place had changed now that Afsana was truly gone.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:58 am
Nothing was ever easy.

After Afsana had been officially over thrown and Aseara had taken the position on top, things had started out very rocky. They’d celebrated that night, not only because they’d actually won but because now freedom was theirs to do as they pleased. Aseara knew there would be issues in the morning, everyone was getting so drunk, nobles included she knew she’d have quite a mess the next day. For now though, she was content with watching everyone enjoy themselves. Today they celebrated; tomorrow she could tackle whatever happened. She’d fought and won against Afsana, how hard could the next day go?

It was much worse than she’d thought.

It just so happened that Aseara was the first to wake to the quiet stillness of the house. Here was no faint singing voice or drifting music coming from the other floors. Everything was still. The first order of business however was taking care of the staff, Aseara went down to find that the cooks were lazying about, the cleaners simply roaming the house. She’d gathered them all into a bunch and given them all tasks but not before a few stepped forward and asked for their leave. Aseara could not hold them here like Afsana and she let those who wanted to leave go. She’d remind herself later to hire more.

Next was seeing to the mess with the cleaners of the party and to Aseara’s dismay she found a few nobles who had passed out drunk in some of their rooms. With the help of the cleaners, she sent them all out in carriages back to their homes. They were all happy enough though so that was one thing that was looking up. There were a few performers passed out drunk, Aseara also sent them back up to their rooms. She’d have to deal with them when the time came. She would let them rest and then have to settle on some new rules.

The performers took a few more days to organize. Some left, many tried to join, and Aseara also had to reorganize them by electing leaders for each group. It seemed to help; she let them deal with their own but always asked and questioned their reports. She didn’t want things hidden from her and she didn’t want them to take advantage either. After a weeks’ time though, most of the dust within the Red had settled and work had started up again smoothly. Aseara had even moved up into Afsana’s old place and redecorated anything that had Afsana’s touch.

It was truly her own now.

“Are you looking for Aseara Nuri?” A passing maid asked as she spotted the Oban. “She’s up in her office if you’d like to see her.” She gave him a quick smile before continuing on and going to clean the rooms she’d been assigned.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 am
It was quiet, and had he not been so observant he would have become startled as the maid spoke up. It mostly was his name that caught him off guard, considering that he had hidden his relationship with Aseara for so long. Unable to bring the words to the forefront, he simply watched as the maid moved along and left him alone in the entrance hall.

Was he permitted to simply wander?

How foolish of a thought, all things considered. Aseara was in charge now, so of course she would make sure that everyone expected and welcomed into the building. So, after a slow moment to figure out the direction he needed to go, he made his way into the bowels of the building to where he remembered Aseara's office. Hopefully she was still there or close enough, as he didn't think it'd be a good idea to wander.

Passing other dancers who clearly noticed and followed him with their eyes, he pulled a hand through his newly trimmed hair and took a deep breath. Before, it was passing embraces and subtle kisses and exchanged words. This would be the first full-length reunion since his return, and they had a lot to discuss.

Arriving at the door he recalled was hers, he took a soft breath before gently opening the door.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:23 am
Aseara’s old office had been handed over to Itotia to do with as she pleased, if she didn’t use it then Aseara would convert it to something else. She was thinking maybe a small lounging area to relax in and keep the Red Amaryllis records. Until Itotia gave it up though, she wouldn’t change anything. She was of mind to let the Yealian be and do as she pleased, as she had promised.

So when Nuri came in Aseara was at Afsana’s old desk, until she got a new one, looking over some scrolls and books.

“Hm… Come in,” Aseara said without looking up just yet. She waved whoever it was before finishing the page she’d been reading and then closed it before finally looking up. “Nuri?!” Aseara stood up smiling. “So sorry, I’m used to people just coming in and out of the office.” She got up and moved around the desk to go to him. Her pace was fast and she grabbed him up into her arms for a hug before looking up and putting her chin on his face. It had been much too long since she’d last saw him at the dance, now at least they didn’t have to hide.

“I’m happy to see you,” she said softly.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:27 am
Nuri easily shifted to embrace Aseara back, his arms moving around her form and his fingers brushing against the silks of her hips. He let her wrap her arms around his body and his neck, and simply contented himself to hold her against him once more. Here, in this room, it was easy to get lost in their own little world.

"Aseara, I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner." He softly responded, brushing his face in her hair before letting her go to step back. She looked different, happier and once more in her element. It was hard to picture her as she had been when he last visited, before his journey north. Her clothing, hair, and appearance was so simple. Even then, she was beautiful with her bright eyes and soft hair, and seeing it as it was now made him wish he could run his fingers through it once more.

Instead, he ran a hand through his own hair, still surprising himself as it came out sooner than normal thanks to his recent re-styling. Letting his hand fall to his side, he glanced around the room before his dark eyes landed back on her.

It was clear something was on his mind, but he avoided the topic to focus on her.

"Everything seems settled since the show...have things been running smoothly?" She was in her place, a leader of an organization and people, but he knew that it also came with stress and concerns. As a captain, he too realized that nothing was as simple as it seemed, and he wanted to make sure she was aware he was here as needed.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:55 am
“It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” It was better late than never. “I’m just happy to have you back.” Aseara stepped back to go and sit on the edge of her desk and got comfortable. There was something clearly bothering him, but she couldn’t tell what so Aseara wouldn’t preach the subject until he did.

“I suppose as smoothly as it could be. A few people have left me and that’s understandable, I’ve been much too busy reviewing to find replacements so far. I’ve elected leaders to help, Itotia is my right hand woman until she decides if she’d like to stay permanently or leave back to Yael. Then it’s been going through all of the books and notes ad whatever have you that Afsana kept around. Making the Red stable again.” She sighed softly before tilting her head.

“I like your hair,” she gave him a shy smile. After being gone so long, it was like they were meeting all over again. “How have you been? I heard you were promoted to captain.” Her new position had come with a many surprises, one of which was knowing much of the gossip around town. Since the girls knew Nuri was important they tended to get tidbits of information from some of their military clients and relay them to Aseara. It was a nice gesture.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm
His hand once again came up to his hair, a mix of a reaction to her statement and that same tick he constantly shows. Nerves, uncertainty, reluctance, all of it never showed on his face but was clear when he moved to brush his hair.

"Thanks...I figured with my raise I might as well look the part of a Captain..." His voice was soft and meek as he shrugged, clearly not used to the concept of his status despite that being his original goal in the army. It would take some time getting used to such a prestigious ranking.

Quick to move the conversation forward, Nuri took a deep breath and steeled his shoulders as he debated her qustion. It was always best to simply tear the bandage off, after all, and he hoped that this conversation would be swift and Aseara wouldn't pry too deep considering the wound he recently opened.

"My family heard of what happened here last week..." He started slowly, his lips dropping slightly into a frown, "There was a...confrontation between my father and brother and myself...mainly involving...us...'

It was a rough conversation, and he swallowed a moment as his eyes darted away from her own blue ones. It took a moment to finally get his words together, and he turned back once he had it all together in his head.

"My father demanded I stop spending time here, and I explained my plans for the future. He didn't approve...and he cut me off completely from the family." God, the wound of the looks on his mother's face, and the thought of his sister, it still stung a bit, but he pushed on, "He did not approve of my intent to marry you...and I did not approve of his opinion so I left willingly."

Casual, that made it easy, but he paused and watched her reaction.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:12 pm
“Captaincy does you well,” Mmm, very well indeed. Aseara shook her head a bit; this was no time to day dream!

If her eyes had been roaming his body they certainly snapped to his face when he spoke about the confrontation. There was nothing good that could come of it, that much she knew and understood from their conversations about his family. They didn’t they didn’t talk much about that particular subject, perhaps now she would find out more? She had opened up about her past; perhaps he would open up about his family.

Aseara had had no idea that his family would find out about the Red, but then again every single noble had.

The wind girl blinked many, many times. Her body was frozen, fear? Excitement? It certainly felt like she was on fire, tingling all over. Marry her? Oh my. Her mouth opened to say something and then closed back up. She was like a fish out of water, gasping to say something but her voice would not rise to the occasion. She was… speechless. Did she apologize? Did she cry? She had no idea how to go about this, had he really said he wanted to marry her? She had to be dreaming? She had to say something, the silence was going to kill her.

“I…” Aseara forced her voice. “Nuri are you okay? I know your family is important to you.” She pushed herself away from the desk to come closer to him.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:22 pm
Her silence was expected, but it still didn't make things any easier. He resisted the urge to pull his hand through his hair, to fiddle with his belt, to do anything to keep himself busy while she processed what he said. Of course, he assumed she would comment on the off-hand proposal, but it was the family that she worried about more. He lightly scowled, stepping close to brush his fingers across her cheek.

"My mother and sister are important to me, and I will keep in contact with them. I couldn't care less about my father or brother, and their opinion means nothing..." Taking a deep breath, he moved forward, "I'd like you to meet them - my mother and sister - and I want them to be there...at the ceremony."

Suddenly, his face heated up, and he took a step back to rub his hand over his cheek as if to hide it, "That is...if you will have me as your husband..."

He glanced away, uncertainty forcing his gut to drop as he waited for her response. It was all backward, but he wanted to spend his life with her. His family wouldn't stop him, and after his entire journey he knew this was where he belonged. At least, he hoped she would agree.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:15 pm
As if her brain and popped, Aseara moved forward when he stepped back. “Of course I do! Nuri, you’re my best friend, you’re everything I have here, the most important person in my life. Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” She moved closer to him, so close that she could gently lay her hands on his chest and smiled up at him. “There’s no one else I want.” That was the truth; she didn’t see herself with anyone else but Nuri. That he had asked her to be his wife… she was so happy.

“And yes, if your mother and sister want to be there I will welcome them with open arms.” Aseara would not shut out his family; they technically would be part of her once Nuri and she were married. Aseara still couldn’t believe all of this was happening, right after she’d taken the Red too. Her heart was beating so fast, she wanted to hug him and scream and run down and tell everyone what had happened. Yet she knew there was still so much to discuss and plan. One of them being where would they live? Would Nuri live here?

“Does this mean I will have to move out of the Red Amaryllis?” She didn’t know how she felt about that idea. Itotia was more than capable of taking care of the place with a bit more training, and if she lived close by she wouldn’t mind… Plus there were also another thing to factor in. Children. Could she raise children here? Did she want to raise them here? And what would Nuri think about all of this. Aseara calmed herself down, they eneded to take this one step at a time right now so they didn’t get overwhelmed.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:01 am
Despite the flush that crossed his cheeks, Nuri's face was split with what possibly was the largest smile he ever had. There was a warmth in his chest and a sense of relief to see her reaction to his proposal. It was nothing too fancy, but he gave her the choice and she decided she wanted to be with him.

If that wasn't something to make him feel like the most important thing in the world in this moment, he wasn't sure what would be.

Instead, he let his smile slide a bit so his cheeks didn't hurt as much, and looked warmly down toward Aseara.

"Not if you don't want to.." He responded slowly, "I live in the barracks right now, more in a secluded place, but eventually I think we should get a place to call our own. I'm sure I can find one close to here..."

Just like he had a role in his own camp, he understood she had a role here. He also understood a need for privacy, and a location where they might want to expand their family in the days to come.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:38 am
“Well I mean, I wouldn’t mind it. I don’t think the Red is a place to raise children in the future.” The whole thing was up in the air of course. Though the more Aseara thought about it the less she wanted to raise her children within the Red. Sure they could come to work with her since there would be plenty of babysitters to be had, but she didn’t want them raised here. “Actually I think I’d rather have a home to raise our children in.” Nuri couldn’t stay in the barracks forever and Aseara certainly couldn’t go live there with him either.

“What do you think?” They were a pair now, this type of decision was not her own to make. Plus, they would need to figure out where they wanted to move and if they could afford it. There was also how big of a home they wanted, and the furnishings… Aseara paused her thought. She was going to take this one step at a time otherwise she was going to overwhelm herself. There was still much to do at the Red, and now a wedding to plan, she needed to take it easy a bit.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:26 pm
He cleared his throat, thinking over the concept of children. It was something they had spoken of in passing ages ago, but not something on the top of his mind. However, as he thought it over, it wasn't a displeasing thought. To see children running around...it was quite similar to a feeling he had when his sister was growing up. He didn't mind it at all, and thinking over a child that was part him and part Aseara, well it was a nice legacy to have.

"I think a home would be ideal for children. Not that I don't think it would work here...but a place for us to call our own and for them to feel comfortable and grow..." Yes a home was ideal, and he also added, "Plus, I think it's well overdue for you to have a place to call your own. A bit of privacy afterall..."

He moved to pull her close, his arms wrapping around her waist as he smiled down at her again, "Be it tomorrow or in a few years, whenever you are ready, we can have a home and start a family..."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 pm
“Yes I was thinking the same,” Aseara’s head bobbed up and down as she agreed with his words a sly smile growing on lips. “Yes I am overdue for some privacy but so are you.” Her last words a soft whisper as he pulled her close. Him being at the barracks and her here surrounded by the others, finding privacy had been very hard. She had missed being wrapped with his warmth and power; her owns arms finding their way to snake around his neck gently. Their bodies fit snuggly together like two pieces of a puzzle coming together to complete the whole picture.

“I want to be greedy and say now,” was it too soon? She didn’t want to rush into things but she was at a point now that since she had grasped the Red she felt like everything was possible right this moment. Everything seemed to be going so well for them; she didn’t want to ruin anything. She did want to see his reaction first though, she wasn’t too sure what his military plans were since they hadn’t spoken about those yet. She was hoping he wouldn’t be taking off for another year or two. She didn’t want to raise children alone.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:57 pm
His adam's apple bobbed as his mind seemed to short circuit. It was a mix of her soft curves and her words. It took a moment for him to collect his thoughts, the idea of dark skinned, blue eyed children running around something that wasn't terrible but still a different thought. He knew enough about the process to understand the commitment, and that now really didn't mean now. Yet, he smiled softly still at the thought.

"If you want to be greedy, who am I to refuse? I'm sure on my new salary I can find us a home in time...and we can have the ceremony today if you'd like. We've waited long enough, and I'm also feeling a bit greedy."

As he finished, he leaned down to brush his lips against hers, sealing his promise and showing how much he appreciated their new found freedom and love. Why not move forward? For years they inched by, not able to be together as man and wife, not able to create a family. It was well past the average time to do both.

He pulled away, both from the kiss and her arms, and ran a hand through his hair.

"Just let me know what you'd like, Aseara, and I'll make it happen." She deserved it, and he'd make sure she'd get everything she dreamed of.

Tasinei

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces