Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:35 pm
Barter and Haggle
Prompt 2

Can be used toward Solo or RP req

Lately, the local market places have been filled with new traders offering their wares. It seem as if many across the land are trying their hand at selling clothing, weapons, and trinkets. With so many new faces, now is the best time to go to the market and barter for the best prices.

So go ahead and grab your goods or grab your gold and take a shot at bartering.

This prompt can be played from either side: your character can be the merchant, or can be looking to purchase an item. Groups can RP with both characters on the same side, or trying to barter with each other.

|| You can also use this opportunity to test out the new Item Crafting system!
|| If you use an item that you have successfully crafted with the new system (you do not need to have customized the item) as the item in your prompt, you will earn 15exp in addition to the versatile point. Please provide a link to the crafting thread in your character's first post.
|| If you choose to craft an item for the event, the attempt must have been done after the prompt opened (February 8th), and all requirements must be complete for it to count.
|| As always, the crafting system is intended for stage 2+. Younglings and prentices will not be able to try for the extra exp.
|| If you choose not to use a crafted item, you will only receive the versatile point credit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:41 pm
Being Bored - Crafted Runes

After showing off her newest creation to her mother she had the brilliant idea of taking it to the the market and selling it. Or trading it. Sy was sure there was something there, somewhere, that she would like to have. “Mom, would you mind if I ran down to the market? I'd like to sell these.” She thought asking her mother would make it easier, since the last time she'd left the house she had vanished for a couple of years.

At first she was almost sure that her mother was going to say no but eventually she got the nod of approval. Of course she was told to be home before dark. While Sy wasn't a child anymore, not really, she smiled at her mother and agreed to the curfew. With everything that had happened, and her brother missing as well, she could understand why her mother experienced some anxiety at the idea of her daughter leaving the house again.

Gathering up her things, mostly just her bag, her newly craft rune stones, and her faithful companion, Elyam, she made for the door. “I'll be back.” It was a promise. Syqvara had no desire to go roaming the world again. She had seen plenty of it.

The walk to the market was easy enough. The red head remembered the streets even after her long absence. The sound of chattering reached her ears before the stalls came into view and she smiled. Some things never changed it seemed. Not that she was complaining about the whole thing. She rather liked the familiar sights and sounds of her home town. Even Elyam seemed to be more relaxed here. “It's good to be home, huh boy?” She reached over and ruffled his feathers.

Her Scorra gave a chirp in response and fluffed up, which made her laugh, then the two made it into the market to do their shopping. Sy went straight for the magic stall since she figured it would be the most ideal place to unload her set of Rune stones. When the shopkeeper looked at her she beamed a smile at her. “Hey there. I was wondering if you would buy these off me?” As she spoke she dug the runes out of her bag and held them out for the vendor to inspect. It was her hope that the fresh stones would be worth something.

“Oh! Faimly heirloom?” It seemed by her tone that she was hoping there was a story to the rocks. Sadly when Sy shook her head no in response the shopkeeper seemed to sag a little. “Hmn, have they been used much?” Since she would be stuck with them it was clear that she wanted to know all about them.

“Uh, well no. I just made them.” Sy felt a bit nervous now. She wasn't even sure if they worked. Wouldn't that be something if they didn't!

“Are you a weapon maker?” Now it seemed that her interest was peeked again. However, her face and demeanor fell when Sy answered again with a shake of her head. “Ah. Well sorry. I can't buy them from you.” To her the converswas over and she waved Syqvara away.

With a sigh she bit at her cheek and looked around. Was there someone else she could sell them to? Hoping to find someone she walked away from the magic stall and approached the weapon seller. “Excuse me. Do you buy magic items?” She might as well ask questions of her own.

“Eh?” The large man behind the table turned to look at her though he seemed to be in a bad mood already. “I do, though I prefer to sell them.” He chuckled at his own words be leveled a stern stare at her. “Why?”

Holding her hand out with the stones in her palm she gulped, feeling a bit nervous now. “I was wanting to sell these.”

The man leaned forward to get a closer look at what she held and before she could say anything he snatched the set up. He looked them over with a scrutiny she wasn't aware existed. After what seemed like forever he finally looked from the runes to her. “Alright. I'll buy them.” Before she could smile and say anything he tossed some coins at her and turned away promptly ignoring her from that point on.

She gave her familiar a strange look but didn't bother to say anything to the man. Instead she took the coins she'd earned and headed down toward the grocer. Since she knew how hard her mother worked on things she wanted to do something in return. Bringing home some food would be just the thing. It would ease her mother's worries about not having any. Syqvara thought she might have to start doing something to bring in more food for the house.

WC - 813  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas