Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Spencer Family Home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:09 pm
The Spencer Family Home

User Image
Located in: Haverhill, Suffolk, England

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:16 pm
The Spencer Household

Reverend Daniel Spencer and Elizabeth Spencer and their children:

User Image

xxxJonas Raphael Spencerxxx
          xxxxxMuggle
          xxxxxDOB: November 14, 2016
          xxxxxPlayed by Diamond Wales

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxOUT/AT HOME

User Image

xxxGabriel Marcus Spencerxxx
          xxxxxMuggle
          xxxxxDOB: October 7, 2020
          xxxxxPlayed by Diamond Wales

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxOUT/AT HOME

User Image

xxxEsther Charity Spencerxxx
          xxxxxMuggleborn Witch
          xxxxxDOB: April 17, 2022
          xxxxxPlayed by mc2

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxOUT/AT HOME

User Image
          xxxLydia Grace Spencerxxx
          xxxxxMuggleborn Witch
          xxxxxDOB: January 8, 2024
          xxxxxplayed by The Forgotten Weasley

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxOUT/AT HOME

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:33 pm
Lydia owns a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Barnabas, or Barney for short. The Spencer Family currently owns no other pets.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
User Image
x✞ Esther Charity Spencer ✞ Essie ✞xxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer 2033
Dressed: simply
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                      Esther hated to admit it, but as she sat on her bed, her study Bible in front of her and a notepad on her lap trying to work on her daily study, she was distracted. The window was open and a warm summer breeze was calling to her and it was so pretty out! Her mind kept wondering and she already knew what her Dad would say. He would reprimand her and expect her to do even more Bible study. That was the cure to anything. Not a pure mind was a sin too. She looked out the window for a moment, before internally berating herself and looking back to her Bible. No, she must get today's study done so she could go outside and be free. Oh dear that was an awful thought. She should be thankful to be able to study God's word. Why was today so hard to focus? It must be the Devil playing tricks on her mind. Just like how last week she could have sworn when she was climbing that tree and slipped that she hadn't floated a good two seconds before softly landing on the ground and managed not to get any mud on her either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                      The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:32 pm
All that is beautiful,
Will not be beautiful to me,
Unless it's perfect.
Outside of these walls is an awful place...
As far as I can tell.
We are not the enemy-
We were victims of a constant loss!
We were not the enemy.

User Image
𝕝𝕪𝕕𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖
𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣

muggleborn │ little sister │ age nine

Liddie was not having a good day; she had to assume she had brought this upon herself, because she hadn't been very good today. She had gotten in trouble this morning for 'roughhousing' with Barney, but she could hardly help it if he was excited to go for a walk! Still, Dad said that if she couldn't prove herself responsible enough to care for an animal, they would have to give him away, and Mum had nodded. She didn't know if they had just said that, the way adults just said things sometimes, and not really meant it, but had burst into tears either way because she was responsible. She was! She always did all her chores and she looked after Barney and she cleaned her side of the room and she never, ever missed choir practice, and she said all her prayers every morning, afternoon, and evening. And she didn't cheat and say them sitting on the bed, either, she got down and knelt on the floor the way you were supposed to and bowed her head so it almost touched her quilt.

And then on her way to choir practice; the church was close enough that she could walk there in less than ten minutes, a bunch of older boys had rode past her on their bikes and called her things, mostly referring to her appearance. It wasn't fair, Liddie thought defensively, that not everyone's parents made them dress properly. As a good Christian girl, like Mum said, she needed to respect herself in her appearance, especially since she was getting older. Next year she would be ten. At school, other girls looked at her weird, she knew it, just because she always kept her blouse neatly tucked in, and always, always wore a skirt. It wasn't proper for girls to wear trousers; that was what Dad said, and Dad was always right. She wouldn't want to look like a boy, would she? She wasn't allowed to wear jewelry besides her cross, either, and especially not the sparkly bracelets and colorful earrings the other girls wore. Her ears weren't even pierced yet. And so what if she tended to mostly wear, white, grey, black, or other modest colors? It meant that she was good. Not like the other kids, who probably watched bad things on the telly and took the Lord's name in vain, and had mothers who worked and didn't stay at home like good mums.

And then at choir practice Mrs. Lane had given the solo to Hannah, not her, and Hannah didn't even deserve it! Hannah was twelve and had a boyfriend. Liddie had been so distraught she'd made the organ wail, and everyone had jumped and shrieked. It would have been funny, had she not been horrified. No, no, she hadn't done it. It had been whatever kept doing things around her. A demon or something bad. Something really bad, because God didn't do things like that. By the time she got home she was miserable, and she had to do her bible study, which made her more miserable, because the questions were always hard and if she skipped even one Dad would make her do the whole thing over and she wouldn't get to eat dinner until it was finished. And then she'd have to sit and eat dinner by herself in the kitchen and she couldn't tell Jonas or Gabe or Essie about the mean boys. She shuffled into the room she shared with her sister, knowing she wasn't supposed to talk to Essie during bible study, and promptly tripped over something she'd left on the floor. She lurched forward with a muffled yelp, and a pillow flew off her bed and under her, cushioning her stumble onto the ground. Twice in one day! It was getting worse!

OOC:
mc2

I am afraid that opinions are contagious;
I am afraid that my plans will lose their place.
We are not the enemy-
We could hold our breath forever!
Or maybe for a while.
The best will surely come...
Until then you'll feel nothing,
Until then we'll feel nothing at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:47 pm
User Image
xxxx
                                      Esther had been about half way done with her studies when she heard the door open. She glanced up to see Liddie come in with a scowl on her face. That wasn't good. You were supposed to always be cheerful and thankful, that's what Mum always said. Good women were always cheerful and supportive of the men. If Liddie was frowning she could be mistaken for a bad girl and Esther knew her sister was far from a bad girl. She had seen bad girls. The girls who rolled their skirts up at school. The girls that were in Gabe's and Jonas's class who wore the make-up and flirted with boys. She was eleven now and she already saw the girls around her quickly adopting such bad habits. No, their family wasn't bad people, even if Jonas wasn't cutting his hair as much as Dad wanted and Gabe was... well Gabe was Gabe.

Esther was about to return to her studies, knowing she wasn't supposed to talk to Liddie until she was done, when she heard a yelp from her sister. Esther moved to jump up, knowing she'd be too late to be any proper help, but suddenly from across the room a pillow took flight and landed just in time to cushion Liddie's fall. Esther stood there in shock by her bed and dropped the pen she still held in her hand as she stared at her younger sister and then stared at the pillow. It was like magic! No, not magic. Magic wasn't real. Well, it was real, but it was evil! They were a Godly home, witchcraft wasn't in their home. But pillows didn't just fly across the room for no reason. People didn't fall out of trees not to even get a skinned knee.

Finally, finding her voice she said to Lydia, "The... The pillow..." She jumped forward offering her sister a hand up and added in almost a whisper, "You saw that right? You too, right? Because last week I was... It's strange." She ended trailing off. What were you supposed to say when weird things happened yet they weren't bad? Essie didn't think angels meddled like that. Unless they did... that would be so much better than some demon invading their home. Dad always told them, though, that demons were attracted to good Christian families because they were evil and hated good families like theirs. You had to always be vigilant.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:20 pm
All that is beautiful,
Unless it's perfect.
As far as I can tell.
We are not the enemy-
We were not the enemy.

User Image
𝕝𝕪𝕕𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖
𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣

Liddie had ended up basically kneeling on the pillow, and now she stared at the floor and blinked hard, trying not to start crying yet again. This was bad. This was really, really bad. It had never happened with this frequency before, and now it had happened in front of Essie. And Essie was going to tell Dad and Mum and then she would get in trouble. She didn't even know what she'd done to make all of this start happening, but it must have been something really, really bad, and God was punishing her, or she'd attracted a demon of some sort, and it was trying to turn her away from God. Truthfully, Liddie was more afraid of parental wrath than divine wrath, and as she ran through all the possible excuses in her head she could use, things seemed more and more hopeless. Nothing like this had ever happened in front of someone else, at least not so obviously. She stared at the hand Essie offered, and immediately decided there was only way out of this; she sobbed wildly and threw herself at her older sister. "I don't know what happened! It just moved! I didn't do it, you saw, you know I didn't do it, right? You know it wasn't me, Essie, right? It wasn't me, it was something else!" She clung to the other girl, shaking her head at 'You too'. "What do you... what do you mean, 'you too'?" she babbled, pulling away from her sister. Inside, part of her jumped up in relief. It wasn't just her. Strange things were happening to Essie, too. Another part of her recoiled. Maybe it had started with Essie and spread to her... like an illness. Dad said demonic things were like a disease; a whole family could catch it and lose their faith. "It wasn't me," she whispered fiercely. "It's not me. Did you do it? Essie, did you make it move? I know I didn't do it. I'm not... I'm not like that."

OOC:
mc2

We are not the enemy-
Or maybe for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 am
User Image
xxxx
                                      Esther stumbled back some when her younger sister threw herself at her, latching on for dear life in tears. Esther had never thought to be fearful or upset about the occurrences until now. What if it wasn't a guardian angel helping her? What if it was a devil disguising himself to wiggle his way into her heart? A bubble of panic filled her stomach as she nodded. "How would you have done it even if you wanted to?" Esther asked, trying to be logical. Yet when she partially confessed her own uncanny happenings, Liddie pulled away and demanded an answer. She shouldn't have said anything. Now Liddie would tell Dad and Mum that she was doing bad things. Essie wasn't bad. She behaved better than Gabe and she always did her bible studies and she never argued with dressing in long skirts and simple blouses no matter how much the other kids might make fun of her and it hindered her from easily climbing trees and running and having fun in general. Suddenly, Liddie was asking if Esther had moved the pillow and Esther immediately shook her head with a fervent no. "Do you honestly think it could be me?" Esther demanded, her tone a sharp whisper to match her sister's and hardly the kind of tone she should be using, but what if Liddie told Dad that she was doing things like that. Dad would kill her or throw her to the streets or something! This was completely different than Gabe getting into fights sometimes with bullies at school.

Esther bit her lip and then said in a rush, "Sorry, I shouldn't have used such a tone. I... It's just weird things like that have been happening lately, more and more. Like remember when that snake bit me when we were in South Africa and I didn't get sick or anything even though they said it was poisonous. It's not like it has been bad things but like last week I fell out of a tree I was climbing, please don't tell Mum and Dad I was doing that, you know how they get, but here's the thing I didn't get hurt. And it's completely crazy but... I mean if it isn't bad strange things doesn't that mean it can't be the devil or a demon? I don't know what it is but that doesn't seem like its evil, not really."

Esther frowned and folded her hands in front of her as she looked down at the floor and said, "But I didn't want to say anything because..." She looked to Liddie and said, "You know how Dad is. And I don't want to disappoint him. Maybe it is my fault or..." She shook her head, "I just don't know but if I'm not alone maybe it isn't so bad?"

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:06 am
All that is beautiful,
Unless it's perfect.
As far as I can tell.
We are not the enemy-
We were not the enemy.

User Image
𝕝𝕪𝕕𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖
𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣

Liddie nodded. Essie was right. There was no way any of this could be her fault. She was a good girl! She was good, and she didn't do bad things. "I couldn't have," she insisted. She was shocked into silence at her sister's harsh whisper, which she hadn't expected at all, and suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of guilt. She was a false witness! She was lying! No, no, no, this was all wrong... Her lower lip trembled and she suddenly looked much younger than nine, before she pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her skinny arms around them as she rocked back and forth on Essie's bed. "But Dad said- Dad said you didn't get sick because God knew we were- we were doing His work, so- so- Essie, you're not supposed to climb trees!" she whisper hissed. "Mum said it's not good for girls to do that! We're not supposed to get dirty like that!" Her green eyes went wide as her sister continued, and she remembered the way the water had scalded that girl's hands in the lavatory at school after she'd insulted Liddie, and Mrs. Lane's piano going out of tune when she'd scolded her in front of everyone, and how the lights had flickered a few months ago when she woke up from a bad dream. How could that be good? "It's not right," she said insistently. "Essie, it's not good. It's not supposed to be like this- it's not like a miracle or something- no, don't say anything," she sounded genuinely frightened now. "Dad will be so angry with us- with you- he won't believe it's not on purpose! He'll think we're, um- I mean, you're- he'll think it's a sin!" She ducked her head against her kneecaps and then looked up. "Maybe if we pray now we can make it stop." She grabbed her sister's hand tightly, as if afraid she would pull away. "Essie, come on, this is what we're supposed to do, right? We have to ask God to save us, and he will, I know he will. We're good."

OOC:
mc2

We are not the enemy-
Or maybe for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm
User Image
xxxx
                                      Esther felt awful when Liddie sat down on her bed and began to tremble, rocking back and forth on Esther's bed. She shouldn't have been so mean to Lydia. She was scared but that was no excuse. She should have had faith in God and not been fearful. Not trusting God was a sin. Esther looked down at the ground, and scuffed her foot on the floor when Liddie pointed out she shouldn't be climbing trees. She knew better but it was one of those things she did. It was like Gabe in doling out vigilante justice to bullies, it wasn't right but he still did it. Liddie seemed to be in more of a panic as she went on and Esther had a suspicion that there was something more to Lydia's experiences than she was letting on. Lydia was right though, their father would be furious to find out about this. Could he kick them out? Would he kick them out of Church too? And then God would ban them from Heaven and they'd go to Hell. She didn't want that! Esther didn't pull away when Lydia took her hand and said, "Maybe we should talk to Jonas too... he could help. He wouldn't tell Dad." She didn't think he'd tell Dad. Jonas was supposed to follow their Dad's footsteps but Essie kept getting the feeling there was something Jonas wasn't telling Dad or Mum, but she knew he could be trusted. He'd make sure they wouldn't go to Hell, right? "Let's ask God for guidance. And of course God will help us. When hasn't He been good to us? Dad says all problems can be solved with prayer, this should be solved that way too." Yet, what Esther didn't say is that she had started praying about the strange occurrences to go away months ago and yet they came more frequently and now things were happening to Lydia. Maybe God was testing her. God liked to test people a lot just like poor Job who God let Satan torment, yet like Job kept his faith she must too. It was a test of faith that is what it had to be.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:35 pm
All that is beautiful,
Unless it's perfect.
As far as I can tell.
We are not the enemy-
We were not the enemy.

User Image
𝕝𝕪𝕕𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖
𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣

Liddie bit her lip as she considered the idea of telling Jonas. She loved and trusted Jonas; he was her older brother, she was supposed to. And she knew he didn't always agree with Dad, but he was still good, and devout, and- but what if Jonas got angry with them? Maybe he wouldn't tell Dad, but he could still get them in trouble. Liddie knew she was expected to listen to Jonas especially, because he was almost a grown man now, and she didn't want him to think differently of her or Essie. She didn't want him to think they'd been bad, that they were bad girls. "What if he doesn't believe us?" she whispered. "Or he gets angry at us?" Jonas was a teenager, and Liddie was in the depths of the age range where there was nothing more frightening than someone caught in between childhood and adulthood. Adults, she thought, sometimes seemed purely there to tell children when they were being bad. "Okay," she nodded, and scrambled off the bed and onto the floor, assuming a familiar position. She shut her eyes tightly. "God, please make it go away. Please make it stop, God. We'll be better. I'll be good, please make it stop happening." She wasn't sure how seriously God took the prayers of little girls, but she hoped this sort of thing went straight to the front of the line. This wasn't like her usual prayers, over getting solos in choir or people at school not making fun of her.

OOC:
mc2

We are not the enemy-
Or maybe for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:39 pm
User Image
xxxx
                                      "Why would we make something like this up?" Essie said, pointing out the obvious. It was not the sort of thing to joke about nor was it something an overactive imagination made up. Their father had always been sure to stress the importance of not taking evil or the possibility evil lightly. You had to be always vigilant. "I just thought... Dad says if you don't know something or are worried about something you should always go to a spiritual leader in the body of Christ and since Jonas is going to follow Dad's footsteps... He's less likely to get angry at us than Dad is." Once she said that she felt awful and was thankful that the subject turned to prayers. Praying was something she knew. It was something she did before every meal and at bedtime every night. Esther took her spot kneeling on the floor next to Lydia and folded her hands together, shutting her eyes tight listening as Lydia gave her short prayer. "God, please help us and please forgive us for any sin we might have done to have gotten cursed with this... We promise to be better. I... I will give all my allowance this week not just ten percent like Dad says we have to give. In Jesus's name, Amen." She unfolded her hands and took her sister hand and said, "Do you think He'll answer our prayer?" Esther knew it was wrong to doubt God but she was really beginning to doubt He was going to help make this stop. She had been praying about it too long to no avail, after all.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:43 pm
All that is beautiful,
Unless it's perfect.
As far as I can tell.
We are not the enemy-
We were not the enemy.

User Image
𝕝𝕪𝕕𝕚𝕒
𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖
𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣

Liddie shrugged uneasily; she didn't want to let on that, while she rarely actually lied, she did have a... slight habit of fibbing. Mostly in school. Not with Dad or Mum; they would know and she would be in so much trouble. She'd probably have extra prayers and chores for weeks! Other kids probably just got grounded, but she wasn't so supposed to compare herself to other people, Dad said. They were acting as shepherds of the Lord, and they had to set an example. Still, sometimes Liddie wished she was allowed to watch more than two channels on the telly, or go online for anything other than homework, because everyone else always talked about things she didn't understand. It was easier to just say that she had seen a certain cartoon or that she knew what something was than to tell the truth and get laughed at. "Okay," she said waveringly, though she sensed that Dad would probably be really angry if he found out they told Jonas and not him. But Jonas wouldn't tell Dad and that was what was important. "God, I'll give all my allowance too, Amen," Liddie added, as if this were a phone conversation, and reasoned with herself that if things didn't go back to normal she could still keep it. "Yes," she fibbed when Essie took her hand, because what else was there to say? This wasn't the first time she'd prayed about this, but maybe because they'd both prayed together this time... Maybe if Dad asked God to make it stop he would, because God probably really liked Dad, but that would require telling their father, something Liddie quailed at the thought of. "If we're really good for the rest of the week maybe it will get better."

OOC:
mc2

We are not the enemy-
Or maybe for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:11 pm
User Image
xxxx
                                      Esther heard the hesitation in her sister's voice but she understood it. If Dad found out they went to Jonas instead of him... it was a sin to trust Jonas more, she knew it, but Jonas was a lot less scary. And a lot less stern. Dad's solution to their problem worried her more than the sort of answer Jonas might give them. And she didn't want to disappoint her Dad.

As the two said their prayers, Liddie made the same barter that she did and Essie began to wonder if it was a sin to try to buy God's favor, but it was true she would do anything not for this to happen anymore. She didn't want to be evil or a bad girl! Essie nodded when Liddie suggested being extra good, "It can't hurt. And maybe if we pray extra long and do extra Bible studies and don't argue about eating everything on our plates..." Essie trailed off. She hoped, no she prayed, for this soon to go away and just be like a bad dream. She was a good girl! Lydia was a good girl! They were better than other girls why was strange things happening to them? The Devil must be doing it and was being especially wicked to them because they weren't corrupted like the other girls at school, she was sure that was what Mum would say. Maybe Dad too...

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items