Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Empty Houses [Iolite x Evan] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:06 am
Evan had waited an hour for Zack to come get him. On its own, it wasn't an obscene amount of time, but combined with the sheer lack of focus Zack had, Evan was partly mad at him, and partly mad at himself for being so ******** stupid.

Zack only ever showed up half the time, even when Evan stressed how important it was. He'd asked—specifically asked—if Zack would be able to come get him tonight, and he'd been given a yes—several times.

So when two in the morning rolled around and Evan was still sitting hopelessly on the doorstep, he gave up. He didn't want to walk home alone. He hated being out at night and already knew he was calling out of work tomorrow. Probably. He didn’t have the money for a cab, so he probably couldn’t afford to skip work.

He stomped home, half daring something to attack him. Just to prove that his fear of the darkness was legitimate.

Of course nothing attacked him. No one bothered him. Even the monsters were too busy for him. Which should have been a reassuring thought, but instead Evan just wound up feeling hopelessly alone.

When he got to Zack's place, he deliberately made as much noise as possible, intent on ruining whatever plans the guy might have had to sleep. He pulled open the door forcefully, kicked off his shoes (and hit both of them against the wall), and then flung his bag so hard to the ground he was sure he'd heard a strap tear.

But the house was silent, and Evan knew immediately that he was alone.

For a split second, worry consumed him—and then he saw the window that had been left open and remembered that he was supposed to be angry because why the hell should he worry about Zack when he was clearly capable of taking care of himself.

Evan moved to the window and closed it firmly, trying very hard to figure out if he wanted to cry or break something. Instead, he just started tugging at his clothes. He didn't care about making a mess; he threw his belt to the ground and started walking towards the storage closet with most of his clothes, hopping awkwardly as he tried to pry himself out of his pants while he walked.

[Mistress Morbid]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Silence was golden, even for a cat.

Iolite had been pleasantly surprised when she had managed to open the window to the human's abode. Even more so when she realized the jackass wasn't home to throw her out. However, Evan hadn't been home either.

Damn.

Iolite scowled, her ears flattening against her skull. With a huff she decided to roam around the apartment. The more she explored, the quicker she became irritated. It looked like Zack was the sole proprietor of the bedroom. The cat sniffed. ...Okay maybe sole proprietor wasn't exactly the right term... Again she scowled. Evan's things seemed to be in the living room. What few things he had anyway. Iolite wasn't sure why Evan put up with this jackass.

The black cat padded over to Evan's things, finding the young man's over sized sweater. She stared at the cat's face smacked on it and rolled her eyes. "...You have got to be 'kitten' me, Evan. Are you 'fur' real right now." She deadpanned.

Iolite would not be repeating either of those statements ever again.

Deciding to live up to her ways, she decided to curl up on the massive thing, get comfortable and wait for Evan to come home.

She hadn't expected to fall asleep.

The loud stomping jolted her awake, though she didn't move. Pupils as thin as slits, Iolite's ear stood rigged as she listened, and waited. Another thing she hadn't been expecting, was a pair of pants to come crashing down on her.

She yowled. Loudly.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:13 pm
Evan had not been expecting his pants to scream when he threw them on the couch and he stumbled backwards. He squeaked—an embarrassing sound, and reached for the first thing he could find—a magazine he rolled up.

His first fear was that a rat was in the house, where he slept, so his first thought was to get rid of it. He reached out, arm trembling, and gripped one leg of his pants. Lump in his throat, he yanked it away, magazine poised to strike the rodent—and then he frozen when he realized the black mass he was looking at was not a rat, but Iolite, so dark that she matched his favorite sweater.

He fumbled for words even as the magazine slipped from his fingers. "I-Iolite!" he shouted, partly angry at being surprised, but mostly embarrassed that she'd been witness to it. He was flustered and shaken and only just barely relieved he didn't have to worry about the black plague when he went to bed tonight.

"What are you doing here?" he shouted, less angry and more confused. And humiliated, suddenly; his face was beet red and he tried to tug his pants back on before she got too good of a look at his very cute panda speckled boxers. He was pale enough that it was nearly blinding, and he seemed frantic to redress; he didn't like to show his skin, ever, and cat or not, Iolite was no exception.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 pm
"Evan." She replied back grumpily, when he shouted her name. She eyed the fallen magazine on the floor, and wondered if he had been about to beat her with it.

That would not have been wise.

"Did you want the sarcastic answer or the actual one?" She asked, albeit sarcastically as she arched of his sweater, fur poofing out momentarily before setting back into place. "Sarcastic answer is that I was sleeping. Emphasis on was." Her rage calmed, then as her fur settled back into place. "The actual answer is that I came to see you." A black ear twitched, picking up on an unknown noise somewhere. Somewhere, an equally sarcastic quip crept up her throat but she swallowed it back down. The cat blinked lazily in his panic, noting, despite his best efforts, the very cute panda speckled boxers. "Evan, I was just sleeping on a sweater with a giant cat face on it. You choice in undergarments, does not surprise me. Though your choice in creatures on them, needs work."

Kyuseisha no Hikari
Shes a b***h

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm
Evan's face was red but he didn't stop dressing until his pants were back on and buttoned. He muttered something about being behind in laundry, but it was mostly incoherent and said under his breath. Even when he was clothed again, he seemed jumpy and stood a few feet away from her, arms crossed over his chest.

"…Well I didn't mean to wake you up," he finally said. "…If I'd known you were here I wouldn’t have been throwing my clothes around. Do uh. Can I steal my sweater? Or are you still laying on it?"

He seemed worried about agitating her so he quickly changed his mind. "—Never mind, you can keep it. —Are you okay? What did you want to see me for?"

His mind immediately started combing over his activities of the past few days, mostly because he was afraid she'd caught him doing something embarrassing and was here to scold him. Or worse, he'd have to explain something she'd seen while he was half dressed.

….He felt like he'd be lucky if the only thing he got scolded for tonight was his choice of undergarments.

[Mistress Morbid]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:18 pm
Her ear twitched forward as he muttered, but the cat didn't comment. She eyed him, noting that he seemed more awkward then usual. "...I know..." Iolite said slowly. The tip of her tail twitched as she uncurled herself, and stepped off the sweater. "...I was only on it to disguise myself, should your... roommate-" Iolite had never, and would never, grace Zack by using his name. "Come home before you did. He would not have noticed a black cat, on a black sweater." That or it would have given her enough time to find a better hiding spot. "I just hadn't planned on falling asleep." She grumped, avoiding his gaze. If cats could blush awkwardly, Iolite most likely would have done just that.

"I am perfectly fine." Came the reply. "I just felt like seeing you. No other reason then that." Iolite yawned, stretching in the process. "You, however, look upset. Are you alright? What was all that stomping about?" A pause, before Iolite's eyes narrowed. "Was it him? What did he do now?"

Kyusseisha no Hikari
Iolite is president of the "I hate Zack/Sand-whatever his powered name is" Fanclub

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:12 pm
Evan's face was a dead giveaway, even though he adamantly denied it. He held up his hands and shook his head. "No, it—it wasn't him…"

It was a weak lie and he just looked tired, and defeated. He gave up any idea of changing into something more comfortable and flopped into the couch. "Just. A long day. Sorry I startled you."

He reached up a hand to scrub at his eyes, trying to make sure that he didn't look utterly pathetic. "I'm just being stupid, Iolite, it's not a big deal. You want something to eat, are you hungry? I can cook you something. I don't think Zack'll be home. Or if he is, I don't care. You can stay. He probably wouldn't even notice us on the couch if you wanted to sleep over. But I mean." He shrugged. "I know that's not your thing. So you don't have to worry about it if you don't wanna stay."

Evan just seemed defeated, tired and slouched and singing into the couch. He was staring at the wall somewhat blankly, eyes sunken and eyelids heavy. His eyes were red and his eyelashes wet, but he just didn't even seem to care.

He was just tired, and disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 pm
"Okay." Iolite wouldn't argue with him about it, not this time. She'd let him win this round.

"It's alright. You weren't expecting me. If anything, we startled each other." Iolite replied. She watched as he scrubbed at his face, trying his best to cover any sniffles. "While I do not understand why you continue with this, I do not think you are being stupid. At least... Not right now anyway." She moved once again, closer to him as she pawed at one of his legs, almost as if she was testing it before stepping on it. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Iolite huffed, as only a cat could, when Evan seemed to brush her off. "Evan. I do not fear that whelp, nor do I give a rats a** if he finds me here. Should the situation arise, I will handle it. You do not have to worry about that. I have told you before that I would stay, and I am going to do just that. I, on the other hand, am more concerned about you."

She watched him as Evan seemed to stare of into space, becoming oblivious to the world around him before she sighed. Sitting back on her haunches, Iolite placed her front paws on his shirt. She was careful with her claws, not wanting to snag the fabric. Her ears drooped, likely in mild irritation, before leaning up and rubbing her head against his cheek. "If you speak a word of this to anyone, I will deny the very existence of this day." She murmured, though the threat was hollow and empty.

She kept up the act of rubbing her head against his for a few minutes in silence, before she spoke again. "It's okay." She said, her tone softer then usual. "It will be alright." The Mauvian gave him a small purr, hoping it would help calm him.

Kyuseisha no Hikari
You wanted cuddles? I gave you cuddles

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:45 pm
Evan was quiet for a while, but he was transparent. His breathing was uneven, and sometimes he'd sniffle. Sometimes he'd open his mouth to start a sentence and then just close it.

It didn't take him long to cave; he pulled Iolite close to him—indignant, probably, for a talking cat with magical powers but he wrapped his arms around her and drew her to his chest, burying his face against her fluff.

"—Who would I even say anything to?" he finally blurted, like that was the biggest thing on his mind. "Zack's not here—and he wouldn’t care. The only other person is Cambria but—but Zack's probably over at her place anyway, and if they're together he's not going to let her think of anything but him."

The purr was reassuring, but he was so worried about messing things up or chasing her away, so he added, "I just think I'm chasing everyone away. Zack's been acting weird and he spends all his time with Cambria. And I get it—she's smart and pretty and funny and brave and strong and—and all those things that I'm not, but I like her so I can't even be jealous of her. But I just…"

He sighed and flopped over on the couch, cradling her gently so he wouldn't hurt her. He knew she didn't like Zack, and he was convinced that Zack wasn't all that bad. He was just mad. Just for tonight. He'd be fine tomorrow.

But he was mad now, so he caved and told her. "I just hate walking home. I hate being out at night. And it's stupid and selfish to always ask him for a ride—I get it—but I just…he told me he'd be there, so I waited. And he didn't show up. Again. And I was just counting on him and I don't know what I did wrong, or what I did to make him so mad at me. Or…" His voice trailed off and he bristled. "—What if something happened? …Maybe he got hurt. I mean, for all I know, he got into a car accident on his way to come get me."

There was a faint hope, but Evan knew he was just clinging to possibilities.

Zack didn't come because he forgot, or because he decided he didn't want to, and Evan knew that. He was just going to keep making excuses, anyway.

[Mistress Morbid]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:20 pm
Anytime he would sniffle, Iolite would once again rub her head against his, her purring growing louder ever so slightly. She didn't seem to mind as he pulled her close and buried his own face in her fur.

"I am teasing Evan. I meant no harm." She replied, her tail swaying slowly. Mostly. Evan did have to be careful when it came to talking about her, but that was a conversation for another time and place.

"Let him waste his time with her then. If he wants to be a fool and squander away his time with some girl, then let him have his fool's errand." She grumped. "I think you just keep poor company." Iolite just couldn't understand why Evan was so enthralled by him. She tried, but she couldn't see it. "You have not chased me away." She pointed out. The cat wondered what classified as 'weird' with Zack only make a surprised chirp as Evan flopped over on the couch.

"It is... not wrong to be not jealous of her." The cat offered awkwardly. "Just because Zack is messing up, doesn't mean this... Cambria is part of that. She may not wish to see you hurt, you know."

Iolite listened as Evan filled her in and explained the details. Her ears twitched backwards in a mix of mild irritation and confusion. "Evan... I mean nothing ill when I say this, but don't you have anyone else you can call? No one else you can stay with if it gets too late?" She probably knew the answer, but even still. "You trusted him, and he failed to meet that trust. You're allowed to be hurt about that you know." Iolite crossed her front paws one over the other as her back legs stretched out.

"I do not think anything has happened to him. He likely forgot. However, for your sake, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that if something did happen, that he would have found someway to let you know." Her irritation for his roommate never helped in these conversations, but for his sake, she would try to be nice. Try, being the operative word.

"I will stay with you tonight, if you'd like."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:31 pm
Evan was quiet for a little while and then just nodded against Iolite's fur. He realized she might not be able to see him, what with how close he was holding her and given the fact that he was trying to keep his face hidden, so reluctantly he confirmed, "I want you to stay. Please. I'll make you a nice bed. And we can leave the television on all night."

He sighed, a shuddering sigh, and then forced himself to sit up.

He couldn't spend all night wearing these clothes or being pathetic on the couch. He groped for some sort of distraction while he cleared his head.

"Cambria's nice," Evan mumbled, clinging to bits and pieces of the conversation. She wouldn't want me to get hurt. She worries about me enough already. I don't have a lot of people I talk to, and I don't wanna be their problem, so I don't…usually ask them to pick me up or anything. I was gonna get my license, but…"

He shrugged. "Cars are expensive, I can't afford one. And I only kinda know how to drive. Zack was teaching me," he added, hoping he didn't sound too desperate to prove that he was a good guy. At least sometimes.

He sniffled—once more, and then seemed to relax. He was burying his emotions, tucking them away somewhere he could forget about them. He was making a list of things he needed to get done tonight, things that had so much more priority than crying. But he still liked his distractions. "…Iolite, what do you like to eat?"

[Mistress Morbid]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:55 pm
"Then I will stay." She murmured, only to raise a curious ear. "...Do I need a bed?" She asked. "Are we not staying on the couch??" Is that not what humans did?

Evan sighed and sat up.

Guess not. Humans were strange creatures.

"See. You have someone else you can rely on sometimes." From the sound of things, Cambria would likely help Evan, if asked. "What about a bike, or a bus pass?" She offered. Surely there had to be something he could get or use. "There might be someone who can finish teaching you? Pick up where Zack left off?" She hoped that it didn't sound like she was bashing him, again. "Perhaps.. Cambria?" Was that awkward? She didn't know.

The question about food threw her. "Uhm. I, ah, I'm not sure. Are you hungry at the moment? I would be fine with anything." Except canned cat food. But she wasn't about too start demanding things.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:29 pm
"Had a bike. It got stolen. Kinda don't wanna blow a hundred bucks on another one if the same thing's just gonna happen again. And I have a bus pas, but it's just as bad sitting around, waiting for something bad to happen. If you keep moving, you keep your head down, sometimes people don't see you. Cambria's walked me home before, though. I just don't wanna ask too many favors, you know? Zack and me, we have a…mutual relationship. But I don't wanna take advantage of Cambria's kindness. I don't…wanna chase her away. Don't want her to see how needy I am."

He sighed. "Most people have beds. But I have a couch. I just thought you deserved better than that. I've got a lot of blankets, when I have a bad day I just kinda make a nest. It's great, you feel all safe and cozy. Mac and cheese—do you like mac and cheese?" he asked, suddenly. He didn't really wait for an answer. "I do. The crappy kind—the worst kind. Kraft Mac and Cheese—from the box? My mom's never been a good cook, but whenever my stomach hurt, she'd make it for me. Guess she has something against chicken noodle soup. But I like it, now. Any time I'm upset. I'm upset now," he confessed, like it wasn't obvious. "…But I'm happy you're here."

Evan reached over to pet her, gently—respectfully. "…Thank you. I prolly woulda done something stupid if I got left alone for too long."

[Mistress Morbid]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:28 pm
"...Bike lock?" She offered weakly, unsure how to solve his problem. "Pepper spray, mace... something." There had to be something Evan could do. Right?

Right?

"I don't think she'd run away just because you're clingy... Has she seen your relationship with Zack?" How different it was with hers? Surely this girl wouldn't mind giving Evan the attention he needed. "She sounds almost sisterly."

"I have slept on a couch before. As well as humans." Iolite shrugged. Her ears flicked forward at the mention of a nest. "I've done that as well. ...However, my nesting... materials are not quite the same as yours." She wondered how Evan would take to the idea of her resting in a nest of bones and feathers.

Probably not to well.

"I have never had it." She confessed. "A lot of your human food looks strange." While a great many things smelled interesting to her, a great many things also looked bizzare. "I have not tried many of your cooked things. I typically eat things a little more raw." She hoped she didn't have to explain what she meant. Iolite rolled her eyes when he said that he was upset, not that she hadn't noticed, but refused to make a comment about it. "I knew you would be."

The cat tensed for a second when Evan pet her, almost not expecting the action, but she soon relaxed. "It depends on what your definition of stupid is..., whether or not it is such."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:59 am
"My definition of stupid is 'very stupid'."

Evan just shrugged; he seemed too tired to throw around ideas for better night time transportation. It was a problem he'd tried to solve and come up short-ended all the time. "I have pepper spray and a chef's knife, if that makes you feel any better."

It made him feel a little better.

"And Cambria's great," he said, but had to pry himself from the couch. "…I'm gonna put on my pajamas, don't look."

He didn't wait to see if she would listen to him, but he gave her one last pet and made sure she was comfortable before he moved to the closet. He fished out an outfit and meandered into the bathroom; it took him only a moment before he was out again. He wasn't wearing anything exciting—a dark, oversized sweater and loose, striped pants. His socks were dark, though covered in smiling bumblebees.

He deposited his dirty clothes into the closet and drew out two thick blankets and an extra pillow before he dropped them off on the couch.

"We'll nest properly tonight, then. And a lot of human food is strange. But I cook well. Very well," he said, and sounded almost like a different person. He was confident in his cooking, even when he wasn't confident of anything else. "But if you don't wanna try anything, that's okay. I could probably cook a lot of fish that you might like. Like—I had a cat, once—not that you're a cat-cat, but she only wanted the fish after I battered and fried it. It's good," he insisted, though wavered and sounded more hopeful than certain. He shrugged. "Or I mean, you could come over for dinner some time and you can eat the fish raw and I'll just cook some for me. But I'm making mac and cheese tonight," he said, and couldn't help but pat her soft fur again before walking towards the kitchen. "—You want me to turn on a movie or something for you? Or you could come watch me cook or something, I dunno."

He wasn't sniffling so much anymore, and while his eyes were wet, they weren't leaking. He scrubbed at them again as he flicked on the kitchen light.

[Mistress Morbid]

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces