Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 am
Prompt
Barter and Haggle
Prompt 2

Can be used toward Solo or RP req

Lately, the local market places have been filled with new traders offering their wares. It seem as if many across the land are trying their hand at selling clothing, weapons, and trinkets. With so many new faces, now is the best time to go to the market and barter for the best prices.

So go ahead and grab your goods or grab your gold and take a shot at bartering.

This prompt can be played from either side: your character can be the merchant, or can be looking to purchase an item. Groups can RP with both characters on the same side, or trying to barter with each other.

|| You can also use this opportunity to test out the new Item Crafting system!
|| If you use an item that you have successfully crafted with the new system (you do not need to have customized the item) as the item in your prompt, you will earn 15exp in addition to the versatile point. Please provide a link to the crafting thread in your character's first post.
|| If you choose to craft an item for the event, the attempt must have been done after the prompt opened (February 8th), and all requirements must be complete for it to count.
|| As always, the crafting system is intended for stage 2+. Younglings and prentices will not be able to try for the extra exp.
|| If you choose not to use a crafted item, you will only receive the versatile point credit.

He still felt a wholly unwelcome sense of trepidation as he guided Ziari through the trees. Vaguely, Lerin wondered how much of it was unnecessary anxiety. The Oban female herself didn't seem like too much of a hazard, anymore, but that didn't mean others weren't. He kept his gaze to the ground and fidgeted aimlessly with a strand of hair hanging over his shoulder.

"It's understandable," he said at last, in reference to Ziari's earlier admission that she hadn't known about the lifts. "No one would expect you to know everything about this place. That's what exploring is for, isn't it? To learn new things?" He cast an abruptly fleeting glance to her, then back to the ground. "I've never been to Oba, so I don't know what to... expect that you're expecting... Mm..." He doubted she expected to be 'welcomed' as a treacherous desert spawn of the cruel lands to the east.

Should he prepare her for that? Probably.

"We don't usually get many..." 'of your kind.' "Outsiders, so I imagine my family will be surprised to see you. Please don't mind them if they come off as rude. Having you here will just be unexpected, is all."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:07 pm
Ziari was completely lost in her surroundings, as they traveled through the forest, that she almost didn’t hear Lerin speaking. She blinked and glanced towards him just in time to see him look back at her. She gave him a small smile and nodded. “I suppose you’re right. Sometimes the best way to get to know a place is to explore it yourself. Sometimes books are not...truthful.” She resisted the urge to roll her shoulders, not wanting to deal with the pain of her injured shoulder.

At the mention of them not getting many outside visitors, Ziari frowned a bit. She hadn’t really thought about the possibility of the shifters not accepting her when she’d set out on this journey. Though, in reality, she should have expected that very thing. Not all races were open to others — especially if that other race were Obans. Her people weren’t exactly in the good graces of others. Sighing, Ziari shook her head and finally spoke up. “I don’t suppose I should be surprised. Nor do I really expect to be accepted by everyone. Obans don’t exactly have a good reputation. I just…” She shrugged slightly before continuing. “I just want to get some help for my mammu and my arm. Then I can be on my way and not be a bother to anyone.”

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:49 am
Tangled Puppet

There was a flicker of an instant in which Lerin wondered what Oban books said about Jauhar, Shifters, and the the general customs of his people. The inflection in Ziari's voice almost made it sound negative, and this, unfortunately, didn't come as a huge surprise to him. He fidgeted with the hemline of his shirt and twisted a stray string around his finger. "Maybe it's... not as civilized as you're accustomed to, but it's beautiful here. Even if you don't plan to stay," And probably shouldn't intend to do so here, anyway, "I hope you enjoy your time."

Or he hoped his family let her, anyway. Lerin tried to convince himself that he didn't need to worry over it to this extent, to no avail.

The tall, broad tree that would serve as their ascension point loomed ahead, and Lerin already felt flustered. With her injured shoulder, Ziari wouldn't be able to pull herself up alone. Or if she could, he certainly wouldn't ask it of her. Which meant they'd need to go together. It'd certainly be a close fit. He moved toward the base of the trunk and collected one end of the rope in his hand. The whole system was not complicated; a short plank of wood with a rope woven through it and tossed over one of the tallest branches.

Lerin glanced to the girl at his side. "If you'd like, you can sit..? And I'll stand... and pull us up..?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:41 pm
Ziari smiled at Lerin’s words and glanced about briefly. “It is beautiful here. Everything is so pretty. And I’m sure once I’m able to get my shoulder healed some, I’ll have a better — and easier — time getting around.” She looked back to Lerin and tilted her head. “I’m not sure how long I’ll stay. I suppose that really depends on how welcomed I am. I wouldn’t want to stay around if the villagers didn’t want me. But I do hope to get to at least spend a few days here — enjoy the surroundings and such. It’s definitely an experience leaving your home land. I hope to explore so much more as I work on becoming a beast tamer.”

She blinked when he mentioned the lift and glanced over to it. It seemed like it’d be a lot of work for him to lift both herself and him up on it. And, if she was honest with herself, she was slightly frightened by the height at which it seemed to go up. Taking a deep breath she nodded at him anyway. “If...that would be the easiest way then sure.” She frowned slightly. “Are you sure you can lift us both up at the same time? I’m sure I could do it if it’d be safer to go up one at a time.”

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:24 pm
Tangled Puppet

He couldn't tell her that he doubted she'd be welcomed at all. Later, he'd probably think it would've been best to prepare her for what may come, but for now, it seemed pertinent not to make her any more wary than she already was. And if her expression as she gazed at him and the lift was any indication, Ziari didn't need much help in that respect. This at least, was something he could handle, something he and all his people were familiar with. The beginnings of a hesitant smile edged its way across his lips. "It's perfectly safe," he assured quietly.

"It's magicked to stay strong and much more secure than it looks," Lerin promised. Though he couldn't say for sure what type of spell ensured such a thing. "And it isn't an especially challenging activity. I have had the practice." He extended his arms out to either side of him briefly, before letting them drop back. Really, he just didn't want her standing alone up there for any amount of time. He couldn't imagine it would be well received.

He gaze flicked to her, then back to the ropes as he took it in his hands. "If you'd allow it, you can... hold onto me, if you think it would make you feel safer. I know it looks like a ways up, but it won't take long, and it'll be much easier on you than climbing." He offered a hand to her. "What do you think?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:24 pm
Ziari glanced, once more, up into the canopy of the trees. Wasn’t as far up as it seemed? Was he crazy? She sucked in a breath and let it out slowly as she let her eyes travel back down the length of the tree. It was a long ways up for her at least. She wasn’t used to such high trees. Or trees period. She glanced towards her familiars, gaze dancing back and forth. She had already instructed Acer to remain on the ground with Aemi. If something were to happen, he could easily fly up into the trees and alert her. If she left Aemi down here by herself, there would be no way to know if anything happened.

Her gaze darted back to Lerin as he talked and extended his hand. She stared at the offered hand for what seemed like longer than she should have before she nodded and stepped forward. “Ok,” Ziari said as she reached out and placed her hand in Lerin’s. The warmth of his skin against hers made Ziari blush — for reasons she was really unsure of. That is, until she let her gaze slide, discreetly (or at least she hoped), over him. He definitely was not bad looking. Most definitely was a pretty sort. When her gaze traveled back up his body, she locked eyes with him and felt her heart skip a beat as her cheeks flushed.

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:34 am
Tangled Puppet

Could any one person look more uncomfortable than Ziari did in the instant her fingers slipped into his? If it was possible, Lerin managed it. He might not have minded the contact so much initially. He'd offered to bring her up and be close while he did it. It was an awkward invitation, to say the least, but also their best course of action, as far as he was concerned. But the way her red eyes slid up him was just the faintest bit...

Offputting.

In an absurdly flattering way? She didn't look distinctly displeased, though Lerin notched his head quickly away before taking the time to study her expression. He cleared his throat, then gave a gentle, encouraging tug to bring her all the way. And then he decided maybe he did mind their proximity- Well, no, he didn't mind himself. It just wasn't a stretch of the mind to imagine that she might be less than comfortable, being a woman and all. And being close enough to have the evidence of that pressed to his chest. This was absurd. She was hurt, and he shouldn't be thinking about anything except seeing to her care. "S-sorry," he murmured stiffly. "I'm sorry. It'll be a quick trip," he promised. After seeing to it that she was comfortably and safely situation, he began the process of pulling them up, up through the dense smattering of branches and dark green leaves.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:45 pm
“Don’t apologize. You’re helping me. Maybe even risking yourself by taking me to your village. I appreciate it,” Ziari said as she stepped in close to Lerin and wrapped her arms around his waist. A small sound escaped her lips in the first moments that he began to hoist them up and her arms tightened, slightly, around him. It wasn’t until they were about half way up that she chose to glance down towards the forest floor. She instantly regretted that choice as the height made her dizzy. She jerked her gaze back up, eyes clinched and forehead rested against Lerin’s chest. “Ah...I’m sorry. I just...I’ve never been so high.”

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:11 pm
Tangled Puppet

'Risking himself?' Lerin's gaze flicked to her, sharp at the unexpected commentary. Did she really believe he might be? He had no idea how his village would respond to Ziari, but he doubted a little anger or upset at him was much of a risk. What did she think they did to people who offended them? What did Obans actually think happened out here? The Shifter shook his head, and murmured a quiet, "I've told you, it's no trouble. And you need he help."

He wouldn't have minded a little aid, himself.

When he woke up this morning, Lerin didn't exactly imagine he'd be in this position. Lovely, lost foreign girl tucked up close, arms wrapped around him, and- Close enough to smell her. Sunshine, sand, and mint- or likely whatever she'd used for her salve. From there, he couldn't think of much to say, and if he'd tried, it likely wouldn't have come out particularly articulate. 'You have warm, pretty skin, and your hair smells like herbs.' There was no need to make any such commentary, and he was embarrassed for even thinking it while in her presence.

"It's... not so bad," he murmured, giving a quick glance up to judge their position. It was actually a bit tiresome. Not unusual, and not impossible, but the dull burn of muscle exertion was beginning to rear its head. "It'll be much safer the closer we are to the top, besides. Less... creatures in the way." Within the span of perhaps a minute and a half, they were at the top, and Lerin gently ushered Ziari toward the expansive wooden planks on the 'dock,' as it was.

'Bridge' was probably a more accurate term. From here, it was easiest to get anywhere, from the shack-like lean-to's that served as shelter and shops to the broad, flat gathering platforms for meetings and other group activities. It was also significantly brighter, the light of day being more than capable of making its way through the much-thinner dusting of greenery overhead. The entirety of the area was cast in a warm, green-tinted glow.

Lerin stepped off toward one of the plank paths. "Let's see what we can find to get you better-healed."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:17 pm
When they stopped moving, Ziari blinked her eyes open. She hesitated, keeping her gaze locked to Lerin’s chest for a moment before allowing her eyes to wander. The view and surroundings were so much different that those below, on the forest floor. When Lerin ushered her off of the lift, Ziari stepped off, carefully, her legs slightly wobbly from the ride up. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Letting it out slowly, she opened her eyes and glanced towards Lerin. She couldn’t help but give him a small smile. “That was scary but...oddly exhilirating.” Her gaze wandered around again. “It’s so beautiful up here.”

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:43 pm
Tangled Puppet

"I am quite partial to beautiful things, I must admit." Lerin told her with a tiny half smile and a quick glance over his shoulder in her direction. His village was an attractive place to live. He knew as much and was more than a little fond of it. When passerby spoke of foreigners living on the ground or in dunes of sand or cold Zenan caves, he could hardly even imagine. How did they even function?

Irrelevant, he decided. He was here now and mostly content with it. Without much thought, Lerin reached back to collect Ziari's hand, gently tugging at her and encouraging the young woman to stick close to him as they drew nearer to the traders' stalls. Perhaps if he didn't make a comment on it, she wouldn't either, and they could both pretend it was nothing out of the ordinary.

If the looks from the other villagers were any indication, it certainly wasn't a welcome unusual occurrence.

Lerin tipped his gaze to the planks underfoot and guided Ziari to one of the merchants. The woman did not even pretend to greet them in any manner that could be considered 'friendly.' Her gaze skated from the Oban woman, to Lerin, then back again. Lerin only managed a hesitant glance at her, before the floor became his focus once more. "Ziari... This is Tansa..." The woman gave a muted, dissatisfied grunt, and Lerin continued. "She'll be able to help you with any herbs you need..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm
Ziari blinked, slightly surprised, when Lerin reached back and snatched up her hand. She was even more surprised when he tugged her forward and close to him. One look at the villagers standing around them made it all too clear why he had done such a thing. She tried to make herself relax, and almost succeeded except for the slight tightening of a grip on Lerin’s hand. She was in a foreign land with foreign people. She was a stranger — as were they — and she was sure that not all of them would react to her in the same ways that Lerin had. Ziari tucked closer to Lerin, other hand reaching up to lay against his lower arm — giving her a higher sense of security with the extra touch. When she was introduced to the other shifter, she gave a small nod of acknowledgment and let Lerin finish speaking before she opened her mouth to request what she needed.

Ziari’s voice caught in her throat, nerves getting the best of her for a moment. She closed her mouth, took a deep breath through her nose and let it out slowly. “My mammu is injured. I found her in a poacher camp and rescued her. Lerin helped by healing her a bit but...she’s so big. She needs more help and I’m fresh out of my salve. I was hurt as well. I would be ever so grateful if you could help me.”

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm
Tangled Puppet

"No."

The word came out of the vendor's mouth so harshly and immediately that Lerin reacted in kind, making it halfway through his rebuttal, "But she needs-" before he stopped himself and pinched his lips shut. His eyes widened a fraction, heat rising to his cheeks. He wasn't one to argue, generally not ever, but especially not for and over items that weren't his, anyway. And the Shifter woman sounded more than prepared for an argument.

Tansa's dark gaze slid from Lerin back to Ziari and held on her. "If she didn't come prepared, she shouldn't have come at all. It's not my job to care for her kind, and I'm of a mind not to."

Lerin swallowed, fidgeted slightly and gripped at his companion's hand more than he meant to. "She's hurt," he tried to reason. "And she hasn't done anything to us or to anyone else, and she'll leave as soon as she gets-"

"I think she'll leave whether she gets anything from me or not." Tansa tapped a finger to the edge of her stall, scrutinizing the young woman through sharp, narrowed eyes. "But if she wants it so bad, she can pay fifty pieces for-"

"Fifty," Lerin hissed. "That's ten times-"

"Yeah? Well, it's my business. What do you say, girl?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:45 pm
Ziari winced, gaze flitting away from the older woman and to Lerin as he spoke up in her defence. It surprised her a bit, seeing as how she was practically a stranger to him. It seemed, though, that this man was full of surprises for her. When the lady shifter spoke again, Zi glanced back to her, eyes narrowing slightly. Obviously, if Lerin said the price was too high, it was. But she — and Aemi — needed the medicine. She sighed and nodded her head. “I’ll pay. I came prepared for myself. I did not, however, expect to rescue a mammu from a band of poachers and need to tend to her injuries. And so, because I did, I find myself in the predicament of relying on strangers to help give me aid — that I am willing to pay for.” She squared her shoulders as she stood up straighter and the grip on Lerin’s hand squeezed slightly tighter.

Fluffesu

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:35 pm
Tangled Puppet

Lerin fidgeted. It was wildly unfair. He knew it was, and he really should've been able to convince his tribe-mate to act otherwise. But he hadn't. He couldn't, and he tipped his gaze to the ground with a soft sigh.

Tansa clucked her tongue. "Don't care about the why's or how's," she informed Ziari. "If you'll pay the price, don't guess we have an issue." She turned her back to them and moved off to collect the herbs and poultices the Fire foreigner would need.

In the interim, Lerin turned back to his companion. "I'm sorry," he murmured quietly, enough so to only be heard by her. "You shouldn't have to pay extra or jump through hoops. It isn't right. It isn't fair." He blinked up at her, then back to the ground. "And I'm sorry there isn't much I can do about it. If there are other things you need, we'll... search elsewhere, I suppose... It is a distance, but we could make a trip to one of the towns nearby, tomorrow, maybe, and have more luck there, if the goddess is good...?" Not that he could say for sure how anyone in a larger settlement would respond. Still, probably less unfavorably.

At that time, Tansa turned back to them. She set a cloth-wrapped bundle atop the counter and tapped her fingers expectantly for payment. "Aye, there ya are, then. Keep true to you being on your way, now that you have what you need."  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff