Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:10 pm
Soleil Dyer
PRO GAMER POLLYANNA

Soleil isn't a ditz -- she's surprisingly smart, especially when it comes to tactics and hand-eye coordination, to the point where some of her income comes from Twitch streaming -- but most of the time she comes off like she bleeds sunshine. There's something good in every!! Situation!! She can't accept the bad at face value, she absolutely refuses to accept negative things.

You see - if she does than everything's bad, and she'll just keep going even if she doesn't want to, because if she gives up then it's all over.

DO YOU LIKE ME? Y/Y

Soleil is 500% desperate for the confirmation and approval of other people -- she can't be a solitary person. With no feedback, or exclusively negative feedback, she shuts down and can't do a single thing. She's overtly friendly to the point of desperation, and even if it's false, she'll do anything to be told she's good and loved and doing the right thing and that they like her. If people don't like her....what's the point of being alive? She sacrifices her own well-being, frequently pushes herself to socialize even through illness, and rarely displays any of her own strong opinions out of fear she'll be too polarized and people will leave. And people find her obnoxious and too-aggressive and bland but she can't stop, she won't stop, because then she's not real. Soleil does not break down, she does not stop, she does not let anyone see that she is anything less than 100% optimistic all the time - her breakdowns are all very private and very, very small.
(Soleil has been endlessly desperate to make things better for people her whole life. She can't bear to see people sad - but she goes too far the other way instead. No, she can't help kids starving in Africa, but she can do this for you because everything is perfect HERE right?? Everything's good!! Everything. Is. Perfect. Nothing is wrong smile smile smile )

PERFECT WIRING

Programs never freeze or crash for Soleil - she never has to worry about a BSOD.

ANYTHING ELSE?

☀ 25 years old, third-generation American, great-grandparents were Mexican immigrants
☀ 5'11, broad-shouldered, thin-hipped -- generally a reverse triangle body type
☀ Medium brown skin, vibrant lime eyes (these are contacts), keeps her hair in a short inverted bob -- it's naturally a dark brown, but she bleaches it white-blonde
☀ Loves layers and skintight clothing, and black/white/greyscale/lime. Lowkey cybergoth. Always wears platform boots and gauges.
☀ A Salem native who moved to Ashdown for a more low-key lifestyle.
☀ Soleil is a college student -- she takes most of her classes online -- with a double major: primary in information technology, minor in computer science
☀ 100% a gigantic lesbian (asexual homoromantic). Girls are so good oh my god.
☀ Plays a Cyberpunk 2020 game on Twitch every Friday night, but mostly she does speedruns and pacifist runs - she currently holds a couple of world records.
☀ Gigantic ******** nerd. Plays it up constantly. It's part of her Image (TM).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:02 pm
User Image

Daekie. Darling. Great stuff here. My team? Really impressed. Had some thoughts. Room for improvement. Check it out.

Your high concept? Snappy. Pollyanna's a bit of a misnomer for how you've written your description, though - need more details on Soleil's optimism. Focus on seeing the best in a shitty situation. Setbacks. Rejection. Silver linings. Make her suffer. You're invoking a powerful namesake. Use its full potential.

Your trouble. Good start. Needs more detail. How far is Soleil willing to go for approval? Does she sacrifice her own well-being? Give up her own hobbies? Change who she is for other people? And how do people view her? Does she have a reputation as a try-hard, a brown-noser, or a flip-flopper?

Power's great. Love it. Can't approve your riser power yet. Write it up when she's ready to grow.

Hit me up when you've made your revisions and my team will get you a stamp.

Daekie

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:50 pm
Minor changes made! gaia_kittenstar

Silverah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:16 pm
I'm still missing a sense of where Soleil is coming from in her high-concept write up - your changes do not really tell me any more about her or what her background is to make her be the kind of person she is. Please spend less time focusing on how she displays her optimism and provide some concrete insight into why she is the way she is.

Your changes to her trouble are good, but I recommend adding a sentence or two about how other people react to Soleil's constant yes-manning and approval-seeking.  

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:57 pm
fixed up etc etc IT ONLY TOOK ME 15 YEARS I GUESS  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:06 pm
Daekie

ok! hi! ur friendly neighborhood em here!

First! Soleil's high concept! I like it! A LOT. However, everything that is in parentheses I would move down to her trouble? It fits in better with the trouble and everything above that is a solid. Though I would perhaps think of saying separating out 'if she does than everything's bad, and she'll just keep going even if she doesn't want to, because if she gives up then it's all over.' into it's own sentence.

Trouble! I think if you do like I said and mix in what is in the parentheses from the high concept your trouble will be more fleshed out. The only thing that I would like to see additionally is how she handles how people react to her? Does this make her double down on the optimism? Or are there rare points where she breaks down?

Power! This is overpowered for a dreamer power. If we break it down ...

1. all machines work around soleil
2. programs don't freeze or crash
3. batteries run longer than they should
4. she's always got perfect cell phone reception

You're going to have to pick one of these to work with for a dreamer power as they're meant to be minor abilities.

Give me a tag back when you've revised back/change the title back to review!  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am
azuredreams

fixed!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:32 pm
Daekie

the changes look good but you're going to have to be specific with your power. that's too broad a range, especially given the range that you had previously of batteries never dying, perfect cell phone reception, etcetera. you're going to have to pick some type of technology, not just all technology.

spin the title around again when you've made the changes!  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:54 pm
shibrogane

this is ready for your seal of approval!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:26 pm
approved  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items