[PRP] Flowers Amongst Thorns [Gael x Gren]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:17 am
The clouds were turning leaden above their heads as they made their way to the place that Gael had mentioned. A place where flowers grew, touching the land with a beauty that even one such as Gren could appreciate. Still, as heavy as the clouds looked, they were still scattered enough that the sun could make brief appearances here and there, casting the grey land with a dappled light that transformed it into gold.

Yes, even here, amongst cracked earth and twisted thorns, beauty could be found.

She huffed out a breath, drew her whiskers forward and scented the air for any trace of perfumed blooms. When she got nothing, she turned to Gael and asked:

"They close?" Her voice came out rougher than usual and she cleared her throat harshly in an attempt to sound clearer when she next spoke.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:45 pm
The way to the flowers wasn't far, but Gael knew that walking seemingly aimlessly could stretch on forever. He was curious to see how Gren would react to the flowers considering the rough and tough way she went about her business. She couldn't be called beautiful, but that didn't mean she wasn't alluring in her own way. He hoped finding some common ground would help her trust him a bit more and that was riding on her enjoying the flowers. He hoped something hadn't swooped down to eat them since he had seen them last.

"Close," he confirmed, a little grin on his face. "Not far at all." They pressed on, the sun appearing and disappearing behind the clouds as they went. Finally it shone through for a few good minutes and lit up a very small patch of green in the not-so-distant distance.

"There we go," he said, breathing a small sigh of relief. "Just there." As they drew closer little spots of color could be made out among the green. Yellow, red, orange, even a bit of purple and blue on a few of them. They weren't anything spectacular as far as a botanist might be concerned, slightly wilted and seared from the sun, but for the grey and colorless land in which they lived they were spectacular.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 am
She felt an odd sort of nervous anticipation, like a cub going against her mother's wishes and that, at any moment, they would be discovered. Nergui didn't like flowers. So why did she? Gren had faced mockery of it as a child but even that hadn't enabled her to turn a blind eye to the beauty that was in the world.

And what if this was some sort of joke? What if Gael meant to trick her and this would all turn into some horrible jape?

Gren's step hesitated, but it was in that moment that she saw the flowers he had spoken of, drawn by his voice and the sight of them. They may have been a little wilted and small, but her heart quickened.

"I see them," she replied in a slightly clearer voice, hastening her step. "You told truth."

And, in that moment, all of her insecurities were forgotten and she forced her bulky form into a clumsy sort of gallop, closing the gap all the quicker until her shadow fell across them. Blinking, she struggled - and failed - to hide a toothy, awkward smile.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm
"I did," Gael said as Gren spoke, a smug tone to his voice. Him? Lie? Never. Not to her, at least. Not when he was trying to make a good impression. And really, most of his bull-headed tendencies were played up so he'd fit in among his peers. Deep down, tucked away for no one to see, was a kind lion who enjoyed seeing others smile. Today was his lucky day in that respect.

He followed at a slower pace, leaving a few steps between them so she could enjoy the rather pitiful flowers in peace for a few moments. "There's more further out but it's a bit of a journey," he said, glancing out over the rogue lands in the distance. "They're a bit bigger but these ones are just fine, I think." Especially considering the environment in which they had chosen to grow. Not the biggest or the brightest or even the best smelling flowers, but here they were a rarity and therefore a treasure.

"You like them?"

Kimaria
Gaaaaah I thought I replied to this! Sorry for the wait!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:18 am
She nodded, giving him a toothy smile that lit her vibrant eyes - casting away their usual dull glean. "Perhaps we will see more flowers when we leave camp." She had been considering what she would do if they were asked whether they were to go or stay and had decided she would go. Gren wasn't sure she could bear to wait any longer for a call back to the main group.

"Will...will you be going to these new lands where the kulukadok lived?" It would be good to have a friend with her. Yes. Friend. Because that's what he was now.

Maybe they could find those bigger, better flowers

SilverLutz
No probs, hon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:13 am
Gael nodded a bit at the mention of the move. He was interested to see what lurked in the sands that they were heading towards. There were a few rogues that had joined that had told of beautiful flowers that would blossom in the desert after a hard rain and he had to admit, he was excited to see if that was true.

"Of course," he said, his tail flicking with amusement. "I'm up for an adventure. Sitting around here for this long is getting a bit dull. I'm still chomping at the bit to see some action!" He had stayed behind during the altercations with the Firekin and he wanted some glory for himself.

"I've heard promising things about flowers in the area," he added. "They're not common but after a good rain everything blossoms and it's like an explosion of color."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 pm
Gren gave a stoic nod, pausing to look at the flowers. After a moment she lowered her head to touch the frail blossoms with her snout. A single petal came free, touching down gently against the earth. With a snort, the marsh-pelted lioness looked at him once more.

"Let us hope it rains then."

An ear twitched backwards and then with a great intake of breath, she turned to glance around them once more. It would be nice to have a different landscape to set eyes on. It would brighten her mood and take her mind off of the fact that she had been used...abandoned. Perhaps Graos Oma had sent her away because she had upset him. Maybe the task he had set her had been an excuse.

"I think the Nergui will fight again. This world is full of flying parasites. If we seek them we will find them." She wrinkled her snout. "I think...I think I will take a flower." Her eyes turned earthwards again, seeking one that she could pick. Perhaps one with a long stem so that she could avoid damaging the flower.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:25 pm
"Mm. And red-pelted devils," he agreed, a frown on his face as he remembered the stories from the battle with the Firekin. The god-hunt had gone well and Gren had made it back with the relics, but there had been much loss of life on their side. Those that died had done so in glory, but Gael didn't like to think about losing members of the pride to the paws of the Firekin. If they were strong enough to take on the Nergui...well. That didn't bode well.

Of course, the group had been tired from battling the god. Perhaps if things were a bit more evenly matched the outcome would be different.

"I think you should," he agreed, moving closer to Gren and the flowers. He spotted one that looked the healthiest out of the lot and motioned towards it. "I think that one is just worthy of gracing your head," he added softly, a tiny smile on his face.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 pm
Gren wasn't sure how she felt about the Firekin. All she knew was the guild from that battle. That young hyena who had had so much to live for. And their Warchief, too. Gone. Both gone. She had proven herself successful by returning those relics, but the cost of life felt too much...even if it had been a glorious end for the both of them. She winced a little, folding back her ears and tried not to think of Gael seeking a similar end.

"The red ones are not like other prides we have faced."

They were large and fierce and hardened by the desert. The Nergui had never tried to take on such a large force before, let alone ones who were skilled warriors such as they. It had probably been a mistake to even challenge them to begin with...but who was she to question? She knew nothing of the greater plan and this doubt that was seeping into her bones was beginning to trouble her. She just wanted orders to follow. To carry them out and not ponder on the 'whys'.

She bent down to pluck the flower she had chosen, holding it gently between her teeth, and though she could not speak, gave a small motion with her muzzle.

Could Gael help put it behind her ear?

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm
Giving a little grunt in response, Gael glanced off in the direction the Firekin called home. Some day he was sure he'd have his chance to claim vengeance on them, but today was not that day. Today was a day for encouraging friendships to blossom as they were as rare and usually as shriveled as most of the flowers before them.

Gren selected the best one (in his opinion, but perhaps it was because she had picked it that made it the best) and at her silent request, he stepped forward to help her out. He tucked the flower behind her ear and stood back, tilting his head a bit to survey his work.

"It suits you," he said with a tiny grin. She wasn't the most beautiful lioness he'd ever seen, what with her size and her intimidating jaw, but the flower wasn't the most beautiful he'd seen, either. And yet they both still had a beauty about them that went deeper than looks. Gren and the flower had both grown and thrived in an area that most wouldn't, and that in itself was enough to impress Gael.

Kimaria
Once this one wraps up Gael has enough to breed, just sos you knows!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas