Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Accepted Quests
[Q] Leon Nohrenberg | Mundilfari, DMS of Command

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Leon Nohrenberg

Nickname: Leo is fine, maybe Lee, but why would you abbreviate his name anyway? It's four letters!

Birthday: June 23rd

Sign: Cancer

Gemstone: Pearl

Blood Type: O

Fav. Food: Tomato anything. It's kind of ridiculous.

Hated Food: Cheez-its are tiny Satan squares... basically anything with an excessively sharp/tangy flavor (tomato anything excepted).

School: Destiny City University

Hobbies:

Reading - Though he's more of an Internet reader than he used to be, Leon enjoys the written word. He'll seek out all kinds of stories and devour them, and if it's on the Internet, he'll be sure to leave a thoughtful comment. He's largely a fantasy/sci-fi person, but there's a few more "mundane"-genre stories that have made his favorites list.

Video Games - Leon is also a gamer, mostly of the RPG variety. He's a sucker for games with good stories, and especially ones with strong, emotional scenes. Good music helps too. He tends to read his games a bit more than he plays them, but every so often he'll focus on gameplay aspects (get the good skills, teach the metagame-approved moves, so on and so forth).

Discussion - Leon will go on massive gushing sprees about things he likes and tear into things he doesn't. Verbosely. At length. He has a lot to say and will jabber for ages if he's not stopped. He knows better than to do that most of the time, however, and so he keeps the floor open to discussions. He likes hearing other people's views on things and exchanging feedback, and finds a good discussion deeply satisfying.

Virtues:

Gift of Gab - Leon is very easy to talk to, and his way of explaining things seems clear and intuitive when it comes to most subjects. He has a way with words for sure, sort of a way of just making everything sound good. It might be a matter of word choice, or maybe even just his rhythm of speech, but something makes people want to listen to what he says.

Studious - Leon has a great aptitude for learning; he enjoys finding new information and discussing it. He enjoys research assignments, particularly ones where he has to seek out information to support a position. Furthermore, he likes to share his wealth of knowledge; he's been known to moonlight as a tutor for the subjects he's proficient in, and he gets good reviews.

Logical - Leon has a strong ability to link cause and effect and plan accordingly. He thinks things through before he acts, and his plans tend to be very neat, yet thorough at the same time. He's good at making sure he has all his bases checked, and he can generally compensate for when something unplanned enters the equation.

Flaws:

Stuck On a Different Level - While Leon's explanations are generally very fluent and understandable, certain topics close to him (programming matters, certain aspects of story construction, science matters, for a few examples) just don't get translated for laypeople. He won't be (openly) rude about someone's failure to understand his concepts, but if he can't break it down easily, he won't do it at all. He'll kind of gloss over the subject and set it aside if he can't translate it properly, leaving the other party just as confused (if not more so) as when they came in.

Absentminded - Sometimes Leon's brain puts itself on autopilot without consulting him first, resulting in all kinds of lapses, from walking around with his shirt inside out for a full day to forgetting commitments even after they've been written down. Generally, the more automatic something is (getting dressed in the morning, driving to certain places), the more likely it is for some sort of incident to occur in the process.

Holds Everything In - Leon is not very good at getting things off his chest. Quite the opposite; he swallows every little slight or bad feeling that crosses his path till it builds up in his mind and makes him miserable. He is a master of silent suffering, keeping his pain as private as possible. He keeps most negative things quiet and avoids discussion of them while still being his usual cheerful self, but if something is REALLY bad, he'll shut down.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Eyes: Narrow, shrewd-looking, a kind of off-reddish-purple. I suggest #69163F, but as a heads-up I may ask to have the color adjusted if it doesn't quite look right in action (sorry, future artist). [Also, currently waffling over whether he has glasses or not; they're simple square-framed dealies if he has them. Leaning towards no. Would I be able to get WIPs with the glasses and without so I can decide that way? :'D LAST MINUTE DECISION, HE HAS GLASSES, CHECK BELOW FOR REF]

Hair: Stealing Leo's hairstyle, but nix the headband. Also changing the color to dark blue; try #1C4BA3. (Heads up: Wikia image links are randomly totally shrinking the image, so if this shows up stupidly tiny for you... uhhh... check Leo's gallery on Wikia and hunt it down manually.)

Face: Round, kind of a babyface, pointy chin. Pale, clear complexion (he's a pasty nerd).

Clothes: Third row, third outfit (the one with the navy blue collar and light blue shorts). (What is men's fashion? @_@) Also, as part of a last-minute decision, he has glasses like this guy's. Maybe these shoes, alternately?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:25 pm
Senshi: Dark Mirror Sailor Mundilfari, Senshi of Command

Challenge: Mundilfarian law is blunt on the subject of traitors When I say jump, you will jump.

Fuku Colour: Black (Dark Mirror)
Main Color: Gold
Secondary Color: A nice navy/royal blue... #372173, maybe?

I forgot to put my template preference elsewhere... Template M23, please!

Fuku: ELEMENTS TO THINK ABOUT FOR SENSHI, FEMALE AND MALE -- YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THESE, JUST THINK ABOUT THEM

[Heads up! I have here a lovely 3rd-stage design from Silv that helps show how everything can be put together. Feel free to reverse-engineer and tweak accordingly!

I am largely stumped on what the heck I want for Mundilfari's fuku. X_X Copying an idea from my old DMS of Command quest in case I decide I still want it. Which I probably do.

Ummm IDK can you fukufy Yamato's coat? Wiki link for you to manually hunt down refs in case that picture link gets chewed up like all the others.

Possible ideas: jacket collar shape for collar? Mimic coat shape with overlay- has to be short at basic of course, but maybe full length at Eternal? I definitely want Yamato's cords though. Actual chains (of command) very much wanted. Keep the boots/pants; they're distinctive.).

Failing all this, something that looks obviously commander-like with a touch of mage-y stuff would work. Whatever that means.

Please feel free to adjust things per DMS regulations; I've probably forgotten something.]

Collar -- I'm not sure if this counts but I'd like to borrow Leo's collar if possible. I'd like to keep it, so if you can think of a way to fuse it with the above idea, that'd be great. I'd like it to be his secondary blue color too, if that works. Needs one black line per DMS regulations.
Bow -- His front bow/equivalent can be what joins his collar. Butt bow (sash?) Is black per DMS regulations.
Bodice -- See the babble above. I really want the overlay to be golden. Not sure how you'd make the bodice shape fit DMS regulations though...
Sleeves -- Probably not. Maybe. Not entirely sure.
Brooch -- Something with a chain on it.
Bottoms -- Pants. Yawn.
Tiara -- A simple chain, made of a golden metal.
Choker -- A chain necklace, made of a golden metal?
Shoes -- See the babble above; I like those boots.
Gloves -- Probably just boring gloves, or something. Not sure about color. The bracers should be attached to them.
Accessories -- Not sure, but chains (of command) would be great. (I apologize to my future artist so hard.)

Your MAIN COLOUR should dominate. Your SECOND COLOUR should be used for trimming.

Attacks: [I was seriously stuck on the names... if they're off, let me know and send halp.]

Sailor Scout Attack: General's Orders!

Mundilfari makes a sweeping gesture with one arm and also calls out an action to be performed. Everyone (enemy or ally, except Mundilfari) within a 5-foot area must perform this action within 10 seconds; those that ignore the instruction or do it too late will experience something like an object falling on their head, though no actual object can be seen. The magical "object" is not very heavy, so the worst it will feel like is getting hit on the head with, say, a soccer ball. Even if someone leaves the attack's area, they still have to perform the action to avoid getting bonked. People who enter the area after the attack is called are exempt from the command. The actions are generally simple physical gestures (jump, turn left, tap your head). Telling people not to perform certain actions is not an option at this stage.

He cannot command complex or incredibly specific actions and cannot command anyone to kill themselves/another person, reveal their or someone else's identity, or side swap. All commands he gives will be fairly simple and easy to complete and will not have lasting repercussions ICly. This attack can be performed 3 times per battle.

Super Sailor Scout Attack: King's Commands!

Mundilfari makes a sweeping gesture with both arms and also calls out an action to be performed. Everyone (enemy or ally, except Mundilfari) within a 8-foot area must perform this action within 5 seconds; those that ignore the instruction or do it too late will experience something like a large object falling on their head, though no actual object can be seen. This magical "object" is quite heavy, so it will definitely hurt when it comes down and may even knock down unsuspecting people. Even if someone leaves the attack's area, they still have to perform the action to avoid getting bonked. People who enter the area after the attack is called are exempt from the command. The actions are generally simple physical gestures (jump, turn left, tap your head). At this stage, telling people not to perform actions is an option (don't look to the left, don't touch anything).

He cannot command complex or incredibly specific actions and cannot command anyone to kill themselves/another person, reveal their or someone else's identity, or side swap. All commands he gives will be fairly simple and easy to complete and will not have lasting repercussions ICly.This attack can be performed 2 times per battle.

Eternal Sailor Attack: Chain of Command!

Mundilfari spreads his arms and calls out an action; everyone in a 10-foot area (enemy or ally, Mundilfari included) gets a strength bonus if they perform the action Mundilfari calls out. The overall span of the attack (and the window for performing the action and receiving the buff) is 20 seconds; the buff lasts for 40 seconds after the action is performed (so if the action isn't performed immediately, you still get the full time of the buff, just at a later time/you don't get it until you perform the action). People who enter the area after the attack is called will not receive the buff even if they perform the action, but those who start in the area and then leave can still receive the buff. This attack can be performed once per battle.  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Noir Songbird

Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:06 pm
Sami-Fire

Hey Sami!

For the most part Leander looks fine to me, and Mundilfari's Basic and Super look great -- I don't think you need a specific clause regarding him not being able to say "don't move" or "don't breathe" since the maximum a person can be affected is ten seconds, and that's under the limit for full-body-paralysis attacks and holding your breath for ten seconds is mostly just annoying!

However, his Eternal attack doesn't quite fit Command, I agree, since it is more centered on rank. If you want to do a buff, perhaps a buff that lasts for as long as someone is attempting to (or following) a command given by Mundilfari, up to perhaps 30 seconds? Just an idea though!

Quote me with any questions or once you've made changes and I'll be back!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:30 pm
Noir Songbird

Surprise, I'm back!

I did a few things here- changed his name to Leon, for one (because Leander was bugging me). I also made some personality edits; I swapped out his Entertaining virtue for Logical (because I felt like his joking manner could be upended into a flaw very easily), and his Shuts Down flaw to Stuck On a Different Level (if you can think of a shorter way to say that, let me know). I also patched up his Eternal attack.

Let me know if things are good to go, or if they need patching! Thank you!  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Noir Songbird

Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am
Sami-Fire

Civ side looks good, but a few quick questions on the Eternal attack: how long is the strength buff Mundilfari grants for his Eternal attack, and how long after he calls the action do other characters have to perform it and receive the powerup?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:30 pm
Noir Songbird

Hello again~ I think I've got it. There's a 45 second window to perform the action, and then the buff lasts for 45 seconds after the action is performed. How's that? (I put it up there, of course.)  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Noir Songbird

Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:33 pm
Sami-Fire

I think that might be a little long, since that could result in his attack effectively lasting for 90 seconds -- would you be okay with a 20 second window + 40 second effect?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:36 pm
Noir Songbird

Yup, yup, fixed. (I was looking at what I wrote down and feeling a little confused, haha.) How about now?  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Noir Songbird

Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Sami-Fire

Looks good! A GM will be by soon~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 pm
[oops double posted]  

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 pm
Sami-Fire

Looks good to me, have fun!

Accepted Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games