Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:58 am
It was always strange when a new sister arrived and joined the Banished. They were few and far in between but occasionally a new Alkidike would present herself in front of the Matron and join their ranks. They were always surprised to see for the first time Elzira and even more so the Elaria that were bloomed from the mother tree. Some were in shock, some were angry. Zandala for the most part didn’t care for them, however she would make sure that Elzira and her children were not harmed. As long as their new Banished sister did no such thing they were fine.

However, other of the Alkdikes did not see it that way. They confronted the new sisters, sometimes resulting in fights that had to be broken up by the older woman of the group. The weaker willed ones were bullied into submission and generally there was a lot of unpleasantness that went around. Zandala never joined in, a sister who had left the mainland to come here was a faithful sister who had seen the rightful path. She gave them the respect that was expected of their rank but she did not go out of her way to speak to them.

“You with the necklace and the short hair,” Zandala stared at Kiunyki. “I’ve been asked to gather supplies and need help.” The Alkidike never had a problem with her as long as they all pulled their own weight. Zan stared the girl down expectantly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:36 am
Kiunyki tried to wake as early as possible on the island, but it was difficult because of how hard the others had her work. Between the basic work of survival, being dragged around doing the most menial of labor, and being bullied, Kiunyki’s days were exhausting. As it was, she had just barely finished her morning ritual of applying her paint when the other Alkidike demanded her presence. She wiped the residue off of her hands and picked up her swords and a sack. “All right.” she said. There was no point in arguing with these Sisters, if sisters she could call them without getting dirty, very unsisterly like looks. She did as she was asked, and hoped that one day they would accept her. She joined Zandala - this, she knew, was one of the sisters, besides Lumikani, who wasn’t an active menace to her. “Lead the way. I’ll carry.”  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:11 pm
“Nice to meet you sister Kiunyki,” Zandala didn’t shorten names or at least she hadn’t felt close enough to any of the other sister to have nicknames for them. Perhaps it made her seem too serious, perhaps not but Zandala simply wasn’t comfortable with the idea.

“I was not able to partake in the battle itself since I was too young however when it was announced I decided to leave. Both of my mothers stayed behind unfortunately.” The tall Alkidike wasn’t used to speaking of such things, it made her feel uncomfortable and she didn’t know why. She was okay with her mothers abandonment but speaking about it with someone who had recently come over felt... Zandala couldn’t describe it, but she was afraid of nothing and simple emotions would not deter her.

“What made you come here?” It had been so long since Zandala had had news from ho-- No Chibale. Yaeli was her home now. She found herself actually wanting to have news, even if it was just to know everything was alright. “How are those... Back in Chibale.” Zan struggled to say the words, it felt odd to speak of her other sisters in such a way.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:39 am
Kiunyki hadn’t brought snacks or lunch, and hadn’t had a proper morning meal, and already she had a feeling she was going to regret it. A lot. But she would endure it. She would endure anything if it meant that the Exiles brought her into the fold as one of them. Not the healthiest of attitudes, but it was what she had. Them, or death.

“Yes.” Kiunyki said. Of course, it was impossible for the other Alkidike not to know that she was new. Everybody knew. Everybody noticed. But the other was making conversation, so that was good. “I’m Kiunyki. Or Kiki, if you want.” So Zandala was an ally. Good. It was good to know the names of people who didn’t want to slit your throat or humiliate you.

She made her way down a small incline gingerly, careful not to hurt herself. Goddess knew what a puncture could do to her here in this poisonous land. “So, uh, I take it you’re… not. Did you come here after the battle?” One of the ones that was exiled, she meant. Apparently, there were a few others like herself that came later, but they were a minority. And, she had heard in mocking voices, they didn’t last long here...  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:37 am
“Nice to meet you sister Kiunyki,” Zandala didn’t shorten names or at least she hadn’t felt close enough to any of the other sister to have nicknames for them. Perhaps it made her seem too serious, perhaps not but Zandala simply wasn’t comfortable with the idea.

“I was not able to partake in the battle itself since I was too young however when it was announced I decided to leave. Both of my mothers stayed behind unfortunately.” The tall Alkidike wasn’t used to speaking of such things, it made her feel uncomfortable and she didn’t know why. She was okay with her mothers abandonment but speaking about it with someone who had recently come over felt... Zandala couldn’t describe it, but she was afraid of nothing and simple emotions would not deter her.

“What made you come here?” It had been so long since Zandala had had news from ho-- No Chibale. Yaeli was her home now. She found herself actually wanting to have news, even if it was just to know everything was alright. “How are those... Back in Chibale.” Zan struggled to say the words, it felt odd to speak of her other sisters in such a way.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 am
Kiunyki

"I was in the battle..." Kiki said, remembering. It hadn't been what she had thought it would be, but, then again, she hadn't thought it would be anything, really. She'd not planned ahead at all, simply followed. That had been a mistake, because she hadn't been prepared for what she'd found. Now, though, she knew better. "My mother... wouldn't let me come here..." she said. She was reluctant to say much more - again, she was sure that the others would grow tired of hearing about Kaalnia. Still, though, her mother was a huge part of who she was, and Kiunyki was never going to deny that.

How are those in Chibale...? It was an odd thing to ask. Kiki didn't know if she could answer that. She'd been away from ho... from Chibale... for months now, trekking across lands that burned her feet and through storms that sought to drag her down to briny, cold depths. A lot of things could change in a few months.

But she also understood why they were asking. "When I left they... Well, they seemed... Well." it was hard to put it any other way. "Things are normal there. Too normal. Like before." Sometimes, she felt, it was like they had all forgotten about their exiles and the message that they had stood for. As if they had been purged.

Or perhaps that was just where she had been, surrounded by people who were friends of her mother, who were hybrids or influenced by hybrids. Maybe there were others like her, who had seen the truth but had been held back by something. Or, perhaps, they just hadn't believed it as she had, enough to leave their root-lands and travel to an exile island. Sometimes, when her Sisters treated her like trash, Kiki wondered if the ones that had stayed behind didn't have the right idea, remaining to change things at their source. But she still stood by her decision to come here.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 am
“I can relate to that,” her mothers had been on the battlefield when Zandala had heard the news. If they’d been back at camp she was sure they would have tried to keep her at home, thankfully they had not been. It looked like Kiki hadn’t been so lucky, which meant how many more of her faithful sisters were still back home waiting for their chance to come here? It was a little disturbing, but Zandala supposed she could see the reason behind it. Coming to Yael meant the end of the Banished Alkidikes, little did they know they’d been given a new chance to grow their tribe.

Zandala shook her head softly, what could she expect from such soft sisters? They were much too compliant with the Earthlings, they were the ones who were going to wipe themselves out by mixing and mingling with the Earthlings. In a few years there would no longer be any Alkidikes left, only half bloods who had forgotten the glory of what it really was to be a sister. Then again, the Banished share a much similar fate except they had the Elaria and they would flourish with pure blood. There would be no half breeds here.

“Let’s stop here for a break,” Zandala picked a tree and put her back to it to slide to the ground. She removed her shoulder back and dug into it for a bit of food. “Are you liking it here so far?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:33 am
Kiunyki

Kiki wasn't sure if she was ready for a break - they hadn't found much in the way of resources yet... not that Yael had much to offer that wasn't immediately poisonous. Still, she took Zandala up on the offer and sat down. Her thoughts had remained in Chibale, sadly mulling over how little their Sisters had learned, how little things had changed. It should have been different. The Exiles should have planted seeds of truth there, too, seeds that should have germinated into some sort of... repairing. Fixing. Mending of the culture that they had been forced to leave. Others should have found their ideas, held onto them, nurtured them. So why hadn't they? How had the Exiles failed so?

"Hmm?" The question was another odd one, one Kiki wasn't sure she could answer at all. She sipped at a little of her water, biding time before replying. "It is difficult." she said carefully, diplomatically, "Exile is supposed to be difficult." She didn't want to say that the land stank of death and rot and poison, or that it was clear that her sisters did not consider her to be one of them. She didn't want to say how complicated it was to feel these things and yet, at the same time, feel freed from a cage of expectations and foolishness. She didn't want to say how determined she was to be happy here. She didn't know how to say those things in a way that would not turn Zandala against her and mean her end...

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:34 am
“Life is what we make of it,” Zandala shrugged. “If you believe life is difficult for you then make it easier.” The taller Alkidike was probably not making herself clear in her words, but what she really meant was that Kiunyki was going to have to carve herself a place among them here with tooth and nail. It would be a messy and bloody path but her situation required it. Relationships would be mended at some point in time, it took time and effort however. None of which, from Zandala’s observations at least, Kiunyki lacked of.

“The sisters are hard to please,” Zandala commented while looking past the other Alkidike into the forest. “They forget that the more of us here, the better things will be.” Giving a deep sigh, she refocused her gaze on Kiunyki. “I do want to commend you on your efforts so far, they will be rewarded one day. You must simply be patient.” Standing up, Zandala put away her things and checked her bow. “We still have some ways to go, we’ll take a break in a few hours.” Zandala waited for the other Alkidike to be ready before going into her fast pace through the forest once again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 am
Kiunyki

Well, it was nicer than being told to 'suck it up weakling', or some variation on the theme. "Right." Kiki said, nodding. That was what she was trying to do. She understood that it was what she had to do. She just wished it was a little easier to do gain their respect, yes, but she knew it would be worth it.

She followed the other Alkidike's lead and stood. "All right." she said, moving quickly. It was a lot of effort to keep up with the fleet-footed Zandala, but Kiki tried to keep her head about her, seeking out things that they could gather to bring back... there! Her eyes caught a modest bunch of little reedy stalks near the base of one of the trees. She'd seen the other exiled sisters with a plant that looked similar, if not the same plant. It had deep taproots that were unpleasant but not poisonous, and the reeds and reed heads were edible. "Zandala-" she said, calling the alkidike's attention to the stalk. "Will this work?" Kiki asked. She had learned, very quickly, that even with a plant so seemingly safe, Yaeli was treacherous enough to have another just like it that would sicken or kill.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 am
As her name was called, Zandala stopped abruptly and turned, seeking danger but relaxing when Kiki said she’d found something for them to forage. Her eyes turned in the of the plant and she walked over to examine it. Educating herself on Yael’s plants had been tiresome, she’d already done it for all of the main land and now she’d had to relearn everything from scratch once they’d arrived here. So if memory served right, this looked like the roots could be edible. So they’d grab it, bag it, and would double check with other sisters at the village once they got back.

“Yes these will work, only the roots however,” Zandala leaned down and took out a small knife. “Good work.” She began digging away at the ground to get to the roots. “I usually don’t cut out the whole root; I keep the main one intact and cut off the larger ones that spread.” Zandala continued digging until all the roots could be seen then Zandala got to work. “That way, the plant doesn’t die and keeps growing.” Which also meant they could return to this spot and harvest some more at a later date.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 am
Kiunyki

Kiunyki felt a wave of irrational relief at the praise and encouragement. Was she so starved for it that a simple 'good job' could mean so much?

There wasn't enough room for two of them to handle the roots, so Kiunyki crouched down to watch her, intent on learning anything Zandala had to show her. "...I never thought of that." she said, surprised. It made a lot of sense - why kill what gave you nourishment when it could come right back and provide more of the same?

"Do you ever plant the roots in, er, other places?" Kiunyki asked. She knew next to nothing about gardening, but if you wanted to keep the original plant alive, why not make more of the plant, too?

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:37 am
“Most don’t” Zandala said as she work to gently remove the roots she wanted. “I’ve seen sisters rip the plant off the ground and not give a single thought to the fact that we could have harvested a lot more if the plant hadn’t been uprooted in such a violent manner.” Yes many of the sisters seemed to want to cast their anger towards the things around them, but Zandala did not see the point. “If for example, we used Aisha’s roots for something. If she were pulled out of the ground she would never flourish again, cut little roots and you give her room to grow. Tis the same with the plants.” It was an odd comparison, but the only one she had.

“I have not, though some of the sisters who do not hunt probably have. If we want to have food closer to home we need to begin cultivating the land and learning its secrets.” She was sure that the land would grow differently than the main land. Bagging the roots, Zandala stood up again. “There should be some edible flowers nearby, they are a dark purplish color streaked with black. They look dangerous but are completely harmless.” They were also quite sour but very tasty, Zandala wanted to find a few of those as well.

Kiunyki

Kiunyki frowned. Ripping the plant from the ground... sounded a lot like their sisters, yes. Kiunyki could see many of the others doing it. And, now that she thought about it, it sounded so... foolish. She herself had never explicitly done that, but she had, upon trying to dig roots, simply took it all. The effort required in digging seemed to validate that.

But she could see that that was folly. She nodded. "I understand. If we want to survive here long enough to grow strong, then we cannot... do that." she said thoughtfully. She made sure to watch Zandala's movements carefully - clearly, this sister knew a lot.

"Dark purple flowers?" she repeated, "All right." she rose from her crouch and walked carefully through the mud, trying not to get sucked into the swamp. There were crystal formations, small, eye-filled clusters of mud-dwelling creatures (very brightly colored and probably dangerous), and tall gnarled trees. It was not at all like home.

"Ah, found them, I think." she said, crouching to investigate some very unnerving flowers. Deep purple, check. Imposing looking, check. "Is there a way to harvest them in the uh..." she struggled for a word, finally finding it. She'd always been halfway decent with words. "Sustainable way?"

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Zandala turned and headed towards Kiki when she said she’d found something. Strangely, she liked the other Alkidike. She listened when Zandala spoke and seemed to want to learn when she was taught, those were all very admirable traits. Traits that the other sisters probably overlooked because of how things had gone down. Zandala felt she should try and talk to the other sisters, see if she could get them to change their mind abouy Kiunyki.Even if only a few sisters agreed she knew it would have a ripple effect, the more the sisters drew her closer the more others would follow.

“Plants always flower so long as you do not cut the tree down. So you just pluck the flowers and leave the rest.” Zandala moved closer to the bush, found a large flower and put two fingers underneath it as she pulled it free from it’s branch leaving behind a dark little green bulb. She put the flower right into her mouth and made a face as the sourness of the flower made her tastebuds tingle. “I wish these weren’t so sour,” Zandala stuck out her tongue, now a faint purpleish hue from the flower.

“We’ll pick up a few of these and then return.” The tall Alkidike moved away to find another bush and began plucking away. “This will be a good forage I think. Let me know when your bags are full.”

◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff