Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Undertale Video Game Official Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:14 am
Hello Everyone,

This is the official thread for the Undertale Video Game, Feel free to post what you think of this game and if you have played. Chances are at least several of our members have run across this game and or even have played it.

Official Unertale Website: http://undertale.com/

Our Guild Member Lady Shimizu suggested adding this thread and here is her thoughts and description of the game:

(Quote)
Okay, so, a while ago my friends started talking about this new game. I was quite curious, so I asked them about it. They had mentioned terrible puns, skeletons, and fabulous robots so naturally I was interested. They called this game . . . Undertale.

I was skeptical at first, unsure how this game would go, and assumed it would be something light-hearted, not anything to ponder at night. But then I started playing it. It's a pixelated game, the music at the beginning sounds just a little tinny, so my first thought may have been a little bit disparaging. But the characters! The storyline!

Undertale is a game where you play a child, gender indiscernible, who falls down a hole in Mt. Ebott to where the Monsters live. Now, unlike most video games, you have the option to choose MERCY. You can decide to Spare everyone you come across, every Monster who attacks you, or you can kill everyone. There is also, of course, the middle option. The 'Neutral Route'.

The best parts about this game are the ones you discover by messing around. For instance, you can hack the game and turn up something called 'fun', making strange beings appear. I don't want to give too much away, but the secrets that are hidden in this game are amazing, and they can be relevant to a greater understanding of the story of a character or they can simply be for fun.

What's simply astounding is that one man created this game. One man thought this up. One man put things in this game that will frustrate you just for the hell of it. One man designed songs that may sound eerily similar to each other. One man designed interesting, lovable, sometimes adorable, and often hilarious characters, along with backstories that may just make you cry. His name is Toby Fox, and he brought an amazing game into creation.
(End Quote)

From Wikipedia:

Undertale (also stylized as UnderTale or UNDERTALE) is a role playing video game developed and published by indie developer tobyfox. Creator Toby Fox provided the game's script, design and soundtrack, with additional artwork by Temmie Chang. The game was released for Microsoft Windows and OS X on September 15, 2015.

In Undertale, players control a human child as they navigate the fictional Underground: a large, secluded region underneath the surface of the Earth. The inhabitants of the Underground are called "monsters", a diverse and intelligent group who have been banished from the surface following a war with humanity. The child interacts with many monsters on their quest to return to the surface, with the player making decisions on whether to kill or befriend them. These choices affect the outcome of the game to a large degree, with the dialogue and story outcome changing based on their decisions.

At release, Undertale was acclaimed by reviewers, with praise particularly directed at its writing and characters, and intuitive combat system. The game has sold over 500,000 copies, and was nominated for multiple year-end accolades, including Game of the Year from several gaming publications.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:52 pm
smithers456

Aaaah thanks so much for noticing me, guild senpai! Thanks for making this Official Thread as well! I really hope it'll be noticed by at least one of the thousands of fans of this game. It really is a great game. I would expound on that, but I already rambled last time so I probably shouldn't go on for too long this time. Once again, thanks for making this thread and I hope someone posts soon!

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:54 pm
Gaaahh I love Undertale so much! For my next convention actually I'm being Asriel one day and Chara for the other. When the time comes I can post pics in here if I take any! (There has also been a big meetup planned too for a bunch of Undertale cosplayers, so I may try to get a bunch of pictures of them as well!)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:46 pm
nerdiepi

Oh gosh I didn't notice your post until just now! I can't believe you're gonna do that, that's so cool!! If you can get pics, I'll totally check them out! Good luck with cosplaying! Have fun!  

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:41 pm
Lady Shimizu

I actually already went! I had a lot of fun, I only ended up doing Asriel, however vuv. I have everything for Chara, but he was so cute ; u; (and I was in a group that already had a Chara in it so no biggie lmao)

User ImageUser Image

Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff