Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:19 pm
Lumikani had never lingered so long in the main camp of the Extremists. After approaching the great tree with Zandala, she lingered and trained with anxiety. She wondered if they would even be blessed, considering the turmoil in her heart. Elzira was not one to bless many, at least not yet, and she wasn't sure if her inclination toward Aisha would hurt her.

If they didn't get a bloom, she knew that Zandala would not be to blame.

Now, as they waited, Lumikani was ever active. It was a clear sign she was anxious and needed to move, but she felt trapped as she couldn't leave yet.

How long did they need to wait until they knew the plea was denied? Days...weeks? Lumikani wasn't certain she could wait that long, and she hoped that they would be approached soon.

It was another early morning, and Lumikani was out training with her blades. It was the only distraction she had and it helped keep her mind off of the tree that loomed above.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 am
Zandala had to keep her mind and body busy or she was going to go insane and simply run back to Elzira and check to see if they’d been blessed with blooms every single hour. So to help the itch she went out on hunting trips as much as possible, pushing her body to its limits when she trained and making sure she was dead tired by the time she made it back to her little home and fell asleep right away. It had worked so far, her mind rarely went to the blooms unless she met with Lumikani and then her anxiety only worsened.

As per every morning, Zandala was up early. Her body aching from last night’s training making her groan as she moved about. She was going to be joining Lumikani today; they were going to do a bit of traning together before their day started. Zandala picked up her body and went to meet Lumikani who was already out there before she’d made it. The taller Alkidike yawned, rolled her shoulders and moved to meet Lumikani.

“Good morning,” Zandala said as she approached stifling another yawn. “You’re here early.” And then added a little quieter. “Any word?”

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:47 am
Lumikani grunted her own greeting, moving the blades against an invisible opponent and focusing on the build up to a larger attack. All at once, she began to mimic the falling petals she remembered from her days past on Chibale, spinning and flowing until she landed a swift and dangerous hit on the dummy. One, two, three, and suddenly the dummy was spilling out the brush stuffing.

Moving back, Lumikani evaluated her work before turning toward her companion.

"Nothing yet...but the matron has been spending more time near the roots..."

Or maybe it was the same amount of time...it was hard to tell when the Matron hid away with Elzira, whispering to herself as if holding a great secret.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:36 am
“I see,” Zandala commented trying to hide her disappointment. In doing so she turned to find a target tree to practice on. She needed to focus on the here and now and really stop worrying. Bending down Zandala took out a few of her arrows and planted them into ground for easier access to them when shooting. Getting up, she rolled her shoulders to ease the muscle tension and picked up her first arrow, aimed and shot hitting on target. “How have you been?” Zan wondered if the other girl was just as worried or excited as she was.

Then movement caught her eye and Zandala turned. One of their older sisters, an elder, was making her way towards them. Was this it? Were they about to receive good or bad news? Zan put down her bow leaning on it as the Elder finally reached them.

“Lumikani? Zandala?” she said in a slight huff, Zandala nodded. “You’re being summoned by the matron, now.” The elder was off again and Zandala quickly picked up her arrows, eyeing the single one she’d shot before ignoring it. She could come and get it at a later date.

“You ready?” She turned to Lumikani, giving her a small smile before following after the elder.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:53 pm
After doing her most recent attack, Lumikani was letting her heart rate slow. So, she once again watched her companion begin her own routine of shooting with the bow. It was yet again a reminder of how she would often watch her eldest sister back in Jauhar, and it filled the smaller Alk with a sense of contentment. Yes, she enjoyed such activities as simply training and observing an Alkidike she could trust.

Before she could respond to Zandala's question, Lumikani's ears twitched and she turned to see an elder approach. She wouldn't admit it, but her heart skipped a beat and her stomach filled with nerves at the sight of the woman, hopeful that it was a sign of good news to come.

And when their names were called, and they were summoned, Lumikani felt as if she would begin to shake all over. Instead, she schooled her face and turned to look at her taller companion, smirking at the irony of the girl repeating the statement she had said not so long ago.

"...ready..."

As she followed the elder toward the great tree, she imagined what news might come. Never had she heard sisters being summoned for failure, instead they often received no news at all. So, when the elder led them to the matron, and they were left alone, Lumikani shifted her weight as they waited in silence.

The matron, with keen eyes, turned and looked down upon the two.

"Lumikani and Zandala...it pleases me to inform you that Elzira has heard your wish, and has granted you the means to continue to expand our great tribe with not one...but two healthy blooms."

As she stepped aside, she revealed two dark colored bloomed, growing already to a healthy size.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:25 am
Zandala had to hold back from running to Elzira, but there was an Elder here and she had to respect her. She prayed for a bit more patience, because this had to be it right? They couldn’t have been summoned if there was no reason to be… Zandala clenched and unclenched her hands trying hard not to fidget. Had they really been blessed? She couldn’t believe it. Her heart was beginning the race the closer and closer they drew to their Mother tree. A few curious sisters glanced their way but Zandala’s eyes were fixed before her. This was it.

When they finally stood before the matron, Zandala held in her breath to concentrate. She let her speak the air she’d held in her lungs expulsing as a wave of excitement and relief floded her body. Not one, but two?! Praise Elzira! They were more than worthy, how many sisters could say they had received two blooms? Lumikani had been a good choice as a partner and now everyone would know her strength but could never have it. Zandala was her partner now and they were going to raise some of the best Elaria the tribe had ever seen.

As the matron moved over, Zandala hesitated a little bit before finally getting close. She lowered herself to be at ground level to observe the two blooms, leaving enough place for Lumikani next to her.

“They’re both so beautiful,” Zandala reached of a hand to as gently as possible touch the bloom closes to her. “You will grow up to be strong warriors.” The taller Alkidike put a hand on Lumikani’s shoulder and squeezed gently. “We’ve been blessed.”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:33 am
Lumikani was still and silent through the entire process, her eyes sharp as they looked beyond the Matron and toward the blooms. They were small, but would soon grow to house the next two Elaria the tribe would greet. Unlike the others, these blooms came from the prayers of alkidikes, and Lumikani knew they would be stronger still.

Yes, the first three were a true blessing, but these were a sign. A sign that the tribe would thrive, that they would grow, and that Lumikani made the correct choice in joining the banished party.

The older alkidike watched as Zandala rushed forward, keeping back and listening as her partner cooed the two blooms before joining her side and nodding.

It was then that the Matron spoke up one last time, "It is now your duty to raise the blooms, to keep them safe and protected until they are ready to open."

With that, she moved away into the shadows of Elzira, off to another part to speak with her new deity.

Lumikani was pleased for the silence, and let her mask slip into one of awe.

"...I didn't think it would happen." She admitted at last, still hesitant to reach out as if the flowers would be snatched from their care.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:39 am
“The possibilities were not in our favor,” Zandala agreed reluctantly. It wasn’t something she had wanted to admit to herself, not even aloud, but now that the blooms were here… “We are young, many of our older sisters have tried and failed. This only proves that we have made the right choice.” Zandala moved away from the blooms but continued to eye them. “And that we are worthy and strong.” The Alkidike nodded to Lumikani before turning to the tree and bowing before it. She made a silent pray of thanks to the mother tree and promised to keep the blooms as safe as ever.

Once done, Zandala straightened herself out. “How long do you think it will take for them to bloom?” She was buzzing with questions. “And do you think they will bloom at the same time?” The flowers were different from each other, similar but still different.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 am
Lumikani hummed softly, before admitting out loud, "...some sisters also expressed a lack of faith considering my own split beliefs."

She tried to not feel shame whenever a sister criticized her for her love for Aisha, or how she often spoke of Aisha before Elzira. It was something she was raised for, and not even a banishment would make her lose her faith in her own great mother. Yet, Zandala's words soothed her. Lumikani knew Zandala was one of those that full embraced Elzira, and yet still willingly joined Lumikani's side.

As the conversation flowed, Lumikani brushed off her doubts. The blooms were proof that they were strong and chosen as blessed mothers. That was all that mattered now.

"...I am not sure, I grew up in Jauhar so I never witnessed the process. Usually the families would come after the younglings were born and settled." The second question, however, was something she was familiar with, "I may have never told you, but I was a triplet. My mothers claimed that we all bloomed so close together that they couldn't tell who was the eldest. Maybe that's true...or maybe it was a way to stop our fights."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:06 am
“Perhaps she sees your faith in Aisha and does not punish you for it. Perhaps with these blooms she hopes to strengthen your belief in herself to be just as strong as your belief in Aisha.” Zandala did not judge Lumikani for her faith in Aisha, it was a strong faith and she knew that if Lumikani ever put all of her faith in Elzira she would be an unshakable force.

“A triplet?” Zandala said a little surprised. “You had not told me, this is quite interesting.” Being blessed with two blooms was already a great blessing for any mother, but three? That was amazing. “Your mothers sound like wonderful women to be blessed with so many daughters.” Her mothers had only ever had a single daughter, that made her wonder if Aisha had perhaps foreseen something. Sure they had stayed behind for her, but Elzira was the future.

“My mothers only had myself,” she suddenly felt shame, as if she was not worthy anymore of Lumikani’s partnership or the blooms. It was an odd feeling for her, she’d never felt shame before. She knew her mothers had tried multiple times to have daughters but had always failed. They had not been worthy and one day Zandal would have to deal with the issues she felt with her mothers. Tofday was not the day however. “I am glad I picked you as a partner, I do not think I would have been this blessed without you.”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:13 am
Lumikani nodded at Zandala's reassurance, but said nothing more on the doubts. There was more time for that, after all.

"Yes. I had an older sister as well. All of my family stayed behind, and I was the only one who followed the Matron and Aselia to the island."

Her voice was light as she spoke, showing no frustration or anger for her sisters' choice. She still loved them, and would always be loyal to those she shared blood with.

"All the more strength to carry on your line. A single bloom shows no weakness, as Aisha always has a reason for her actions...just like Elzira and her own." With a deep breath, Lumikani added, "I would have chosen no other to approach Elzira, and I believe our children will grow strong with us raising them together."

Smiling, she glanced back at the pods, before shaking her head, "So...what do we do now? I'm afraid I can't simply sit back and wait."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:25 am
It was strange hearing about Lumikani’s past; they had never shared either of theirs before.

“I am sure they would be very proud to know you’ve been blessed with two blooms.” And perhaps more in the future.

“I wonder what my mothers would have to say about that,” Zandala snorted. If it had been up to them they would have kept her where she was, on Chibale and away from Yael. “I thank you.” She would not have chosen anyone else either; they would both make excellent mothers.

“I am not sure, perhaps a day off would be in order?” They could always go to the spring or get away from the village. “I am not up for the slew of questions our other sisters will have for us.” Many would come and ask them and congratulate them, some would also be jealous and she would want to avoid all of it if possible.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:43 am
Lumikani shook her head at the thought, glancing about before responding.

"I doubt it. I have a feeling the alkidikes will see the elaria as a threat...as they should."

Lumikani didn't like to think of the future but she had a strong feeling that the Elaria would cause a war. Banished to die, the fact they are able to reproduce and thrive would cause more than one nation to begin to fear...fear which would lead to aggression.

"A...day off you say?" Lumikani thought over the idea for a moment, "I am sure Elzira would ensure the blooms flourish accordingly. We could possibly take a day to go north to the sea..."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 am
“Everyone will.” There was no denying everyone would see the Elaria as a threat, not just the Alkidikes. Zandala hated the thought, but it meant that she had to raise powerful daughters who would make sure that the Elaria continued to thrive even in times of war. Zandala would also do her part wherever necessary but at this point only time could tell. It was useless to think about such things now, the Elaria were in such small numbers.

“A day at sea, I like that though,” Zandala gave the blooms one last longing look. “I don’t think I’ve returned to sea since we were banished.” It would be nice to see it again, smell the salt in the air and bath in the cool waters of the ocean. At least they’d keep busy and would be away from all the chatter of their village and eyes that Zan simply did not want to face. Tomorrow would be a better day for such a thing because today she wanted to celebrate and relax with Lumikani.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:03 am
Lumikani wasn't stupid. She knew the daughters were strong, but there was time now to keep them safe and protected. At the moment, the entire group was weak with their banishment, and it would still take years and possibly generations before they could take back their home. Many sisters foolishly wanted to fight now, and Lumikani did feel that urge. However, the shame of their loss was fresh on her mind and vengeance would only lead to death. They needed to stop looking at the mainland, and focus on their home.

"Perfect, I fear we wont be able to return to the spring for awhile...not until our daughters are old enough to enjoy the trip."

Because they had no idea how long the wait would be, Lumikani hesitated taking the week-long trip south and back.

"Well then, we should probably head out soon while we still have the freedom to wander."

Tasinei

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces